Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

I've been gaming on my 3DS lately and got around to shrinking my backlog a bit.

I finally got around to trying Attack of the Friday Monsters! It was a fun and short game (took me around 3hrs) to beat. What I liked about it was exploring the calm and peaceful town, interacting with the NPCs (a lot of them had some amusing dialogue lol) and trying to figure out the card battle mini-game. The latter was decent though really luck-based sometimes. Kind of sad to see it be gone forever when the eShop shuts down.

I've just finished Luigi's Mansion on 3DS and it was a lot of fun too. The game is simple and short compared to the sequels, but it's the first game afterall. I wasn't too sure if it was a port or remake but after watching a few vids and checking out the 3DS additions (co-op, amiibo, 3D) it's defintely a remake. Still, I don't understand why they didn't release it on Switch to fully utilize the visuals.

I might try playing 3D ExciteBike next and go back to Rune Factory 4 on Switch.

• Like 2

@GonzoArmstrong and I have been teaming up in turf war having fun. I've been playing mostly undercover umbrella, despite it being regarded as bottom tier by professional players and YT players. Though, we win a lot so it can't be THAT bad, right?

i usually like playing disruptor with it by constantly pushing into enemy territory,  paint until I get their attention,  throw mines down and flee which diverts the enemy's attention and enables my team to take control of the middle ground.  It's kind of a fun way to play, and I think this is the way the class is meant to be played too.  I'm sure it's trash in ranked matches as it's dps is abysmal and can't kill, but in turf war, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I think next I'll probably use the slosher, splatana, or a roller, but I want an undercover umbrella badge first.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@GonzoArmstrong and I have been teaming up in turf war having fun. I've been playing mostly undercover umbrella, despite it being regarded as bottom tier by professional players and YT players. Though, we win a lot so it can't be THAT bad, right?

i usually like playing disruptor with it by constantly pushing into enemy territory,  paint until I get their attention,  throw mines down and flee which diverts the enemy's attention and enables my team to take control of the middle ground.  It's kind of a fun way to play, and I think this is the way the class is meant to be played too.  I'm sure it's trash in ranked matches as it's dps is abysmal and can't kill, but in turf war, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I think next I'll probably use the slosher, splatana, or a roller, but I want an undercover umbrella badge first.

I'm almost at freshness level 4 with the octobrush for the badge but I dunno if I'm gonna persevere for the golden badge. One million is a hell of a lot of points. The undercover umbrella is definitely pretty odd given the launchable umbrella shield thing seems to be one of the gun's main draws; haven't tried it yet except in salmon run, though, so I can't say how much I like it overall.

Tried the splatana out and it's fun, but I definitely prefer the octo / ink brush overall; a little extra range with the projectile just doesn't seem to be worth the ridiculous close range dps and inking ability. I'll probably end up using a slosher or umbrella once I get my octo badge; maybe the bloblobber since whenever I've encountered that on the battlefield it's been an utter PITA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I'm almost at freshness level 4 with the octobrush for the badge but I dunno if I'm gonna persevere for the golden badge. One million is a hell of a lot of points. The undercover umbrella is definitely pretty odd given the launchable umbrella shield thing seems to be one of the gun's main draws; haven't tried it yet except in salmon run, though, so I can't say how much I like it overall.

Tried the splatana out and it's fun, but I definitely prefer the octo / ink brush overall; a little extra range with the projectile just doesn't seem to be worth the ridiculous close range dps and inking ability. I'll probably end up using a slosher or umbrella once I get my octo badge; maybe the bloblobber since whenever I've encountered that on the battlefield it's been an utter PITA.

Yeah, I don't think a splash badge is worth the million points/5-star weapon so I'm just going to switch every time I get to 4 stars for a weapon and move on. I'm about 2/3rds of the way to level 4 with the undercover umbrella. 

Is there a particular brush/loadout that you prefer? I may give it a try as well too... Never really used them outside of Salmon run in 2 or 3.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I don't think a splash badge is worth the million points/5-star weapon so I'm just going to switch every time I get to 4 stars for a weapon and move on. I'm about 2/3rds of the way to level 4 with the undercover umbrella. 

Is there a particular brush/loadout that you prefer? I may give it a try as well too... Never really used them outside of Salmon run in 2 or 3.

I go with the Octobrush, although there's a use case for either. The Octobrush has ridiculous dps at close range in a large area (I frequently get 20+ kills playing anarchy battle with it) and inks turf faster, but the zipcaster is IMO probably the worst special and I don't like the sticky grenades too much, either. The Inkbrush's 'roll' is much faster and the specials on it are actually worthwhile, but it does less damage and doesn't ink quite as much. Overall I prefer the Octobrush because the weapon itself is just so ridiculous, even if the rest of the loadout isn't quite as great.

I've been using the brushes since Splatoon 1 (granted, I skipped 2) - forget exactly which one I preferred since it's been so long, but I do remember using the kraken one quite a bit. A shame they removed the kraken and made (most) melee loadouts so stingy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I go with the Octobrush, although there's a use case for either. The Octobrush has ridiculous dps at close range in a large area (I frequently get 20+ kills playing anarchy battle with it) and inks turf faster, but the zipcaster is IMO probably the worst special and I don't like the sticky grenades too much, either. The Inkbrush's 'roll' is much faster and the specials on it are actually worthwhile, but it does less damage and doesn't ink quite as much. Overall I prefer the Octobrush because the weapon itself is just so ridiculous, even if the rest of the loadout isn't quite as great.

I've been using the brushes since Splatoon 1 (granted, I skipped 2) - forget exactly which one I preferred since it's been so long, but I do remember using the kraken one quite a bit. A shame they removed the kraken and made (most) melee loadouts so stingy.

I used rollers and umbrellas in splatoon 2, but would like to expand a bit in this one since there's some incentive (badges and stickers) in doing so. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll give the octobrush a try sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Pokémon as a series has gone into the toilet, so I have no expectations for Scarlet and Violet, but this new trailer is wonderful

An idol as a Gym Leader. I'm a big fan.

Her partner Pokémon is Bellibolt. Revealed this morning. 

p04_02-2x.jpg

Here's info on it:

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon/bellibolt/

Really interesting ability.  Electric attacks are charged after being hit and do more damage. This thing could be a good sweeper if it's bulky, slow, and has a decent attack or sp attack. Probably won't use it personally, but I could see it being used. Especially in singles.

• Like 3

https://www.ign.com/articles/bayonetta-voice-actor-hellena-taylor-says-she-didnt-reprise-the-role-in-bayonetta-3-as-she-was-only-offered-4000

So apparently the reason the original Bayonetta VA left is that Platinum games lowballed her. She claims they only offered to pay her 4k, and that was after she protested an even lower offer.

Hideki Kamiya tweeted in response, "Sad and deplorable about the attitude of untruth. That's what all I can tell for now.

By the way, BEWARE OF MY RULES"

Sad, she did great work in 2. Either Platinum is being scummy as shit or they're on the verge of financial ruin, neither of which is promising.

• Like 4

So this may have already been mentioned/discussed elsewhere in the 199 pages of this thread, but I've noticed something: the Switch doesn't seem to keep track of time played if you are playing offline. I'm disappointed by this because I like looking at my gaming stats, and the Switch is already very sparse on keeping track of meaningful stats; time played only goes up in increments of 5 hours once you pass the 5-hour mark. It's disheartening to find out that if you play offline, your time tracked is even less accurate.

Lately, I've been playing my Switch more often offline than online (i.e. more on the go and not so much at home). I realized something was off when looking at my tracked playtimes. The two games I'm currently playing are Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Live A Live. My profile says I've only played Kirby for 5 hours or more, but I've probably put 12-15 hours into that game. The game doesn't keep track of your time with any additional tracking information within the game, so that one's just a strong hunch... but Live A Live does show your playtime when you load up your file. My profile says I've played it for 10 hours or more, but my save file shows 16+ hours. So my profile should show 15 hours or more, not 10. Not really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it still kinda sucks ☹️.

Now I'm wondering which of my other games have playtime stats that are inaccurate and by how much. Maybe it's just me that's bothered by this; has anyone else run into this problem, and if so does it bother you? Or I am just the weird one? (Wouldn't be the first time that's happened ?.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MissShake said:

Considering they replaced her with Jennifer Hale, a huge name in voice acting, I'm gonna say that Platinum is being scummy.

Just wish that she hadn't thrown Hale under the bus for replacing her, especially since I'm already seeing a lot more hate being directed at her, but either way it's still scummy.

Still buying the game regardless, but I guarantee that this wouldn't have happened if Platinum had their previous CEO still. lol That is unless Nintendo's to blame, of course.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Just wish that she hadn't thrown Hale under the bus for replacing her, especially since I'm already seeing a lot more hate being directed at her, but either way it's still scummy.

I think it's reasonable for her to be upset at Hale - not to say that she's a bad person, but her swooping in and taking a role Taylor had been playing for years is, if nothing else a bit insensitive, especially considering the circumstances under which she left.

3 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I think it's reasonable for her to be upset at Hale - not to say that she's a bad person, but her swooping in and taking a role Taylor had been playing for years is, if nothing else a bit insensitive, especially considering the circumstances under which she left.

It's a job like any other, don't think it's reasonable in the slightest when Hale had nothing to do with Platinum/Nintendo being scummy and underpaying Taylor.

Plus, I'd wager it's entirely possible that Hale didn't know about this like the rest of us because she's pretty against this kind of thing (IIRC), but that's just speculation on my part.

Edited by Zephrese

18 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

She's directly benefiting from Platinum mistreating Taylor.

Platinum/Nintendo treated Taylor unfairly, she refused their offer, they looked to voice talent elsewhere and chose Hale, she took it because she's a voice actor and it's a job.

And how is it "directly" if she had no involvement in the decision that was made regarding Taylor until after the fact? You could argue indirectly, sure, but not directly.

Is it reasonable to be upset that one was replaced because they were treated unfairly? Absolutely. It's not reasonable nor professional to throw a colleague under the bus who had nothing to do with said treatment, and was not involved in said decision being made, especially if you're going to also say anything along the lines of needing a "decent, living wage". All that is, is emotional distress. Which is more than understandable given what's happened, but it's misplaced in this context and people are going to run with it (as they are already).

Don't take this as me trying to downplay what's happened to Taylor, however. I just don't think Hale deserves the hate for the actions of a multi-billion dollar corporation that hired a replacement voice actress just because they weren't willing to give reasonable pay to someone else so they could survive.

Edited by Zephrese

19 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

And how is it "directly" if she had no involvement in the decision that was made regarding Taylor until after the fact? You could argue indirectly, sure, but not directly.

Is it reasonable to be upset that one was replaced because they were treated unfairly?

... Do I really need to explain this? If I take away someone's cake and give it to you, you are directly benefiting from me taking their cake.

20 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

It's not reasonable nor professional to throw a colleague under the bus

I agree, Hale really should have shown more solidarity.

Just now, Darling Baphomet said:

.. Do I really need to explain this? If I take away someone's cake and give it to you, you are directly benefiting from me taking their cake.

I agree, Hale really should have shown more solidarity.

Agree to disagree, then. lmao

Not necessarily directed at anyone here, since I've heard about this from a number of people in a number of ways... but how bored are people that they're actually fretting that someone they don't know didn't get a job lol.

EDIT: At the place I work for, we send intentionally high quotes sometimes for projects we don't feel are worth the time.  Best case scenario, they pass and we don't have to do it.  Worst case scenario, they agree and we make some extra money on it.  This is a particularly rude way of basically saying they didn't want to hire her, but that's all it sounds like it is.  I don't think I'd want to work for/with people who treat potential (ex?) employees that way, but as far as who develops the games I play?  Who gives a turkey.  The lady didn't get the job, quit crying and trying to rally social media and go find another job.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Not necessarily directed at anyone here, since I've heard about this from a number of people in a number of ways... but how bored are people that they're actually fretting that someone they don't know didn't get a job lol.

EDIT: At the place I work for, we send intentionally high quotes sometimes for projects we don't feel are worth the time.  Best case scenario, they pass and we don't have to do it.  Worst case scenario, they agree and we make some extra money on it.  This is a particularly rude way of basically saying they didn't want to hire her, but that's all it sounds like it is.  The lady didn't get the job, quit crying and trying to rally social media and go find another job.

See, that's kind of the problem. She did have the job. For the last two Bayonetta games. Up until they, for whatever reason, decided to drive her off by lowballing her. 

Turns out, fans of a series tend to not like when the main character has her (very competent) voice actor swapped out for no reason whatsoever, especially when the company is a bunch of twats about it. Whining about fans of a franchise having opinions about that franchise is not quite the pillar of enlightenment certain people (not directed at anyone here, by the way) seem to think it is.

• Like 1