Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

I wouldn't call it "skips E3" as much as "just not doing a live presentation" since they're still doing stuff for E3 but eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for games I'll most likely get puyotetris when I have money again next week :3

I feel like that shrugging guy has been ruined by Sean Murray abusing it so often in each of his posts, tweets and whatever.

Also, yeah Nintendo isn't doing E3, they're doing their own Direct around the same time because it's a nice pre-summer timeframe but they're not doing anything on E3 itself.

33 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

These are the games I have so far:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm ashamed to say this is only the second Zelda game I ever played 1f631.png The first one was Wind Waker on Wii U. While I thoroughly enjoyed Wind Waker, I absolutely LOVED BotW. With over 95 hours clocked in the game, it is certainly is in my top 10 greatest games of all time. I've completed all shrines and Divine Beasts and had planned on upgrading all my armour to the max and finding all Korok seeds (a big ask I know) but I was getting Playstation deprived and had to clear the game. I will go back to it once the DLC has been released.

Remember yourself to get Ocarina Of Time and A Link To The Past once they are available on the Switch. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

Fast RMX. On paper, racing games are not my thing. I've never had any love for them. But my friend and I agreed to purchase games on launch day so we could try out the split screen on the Switch. He purchased Snipperclips and I purchased Fast RMX. Turns out I absolutely love this game even though it is a racer. I still haven't tried the online racing because the game can never connect to the internet for me.

Both Snipperclips and Fast RMX were much better than I expected them to be.

Mario Kart Deluxe. As I've mentioned before, racers are not my thing, but Mario Kart has always had a certain charm to it that made it a must buy. I purchased the game on the Wii U but it never held my attention for very long. However, the Deluxe version has a battle mode and this is where I spend most of my time. There is nothing more satisfying than hitting an opponent with a perfectly timed bomb in "Bomb Blast". I've only clocked a few minutes in racing but a few hours in battle mode.

I haven't played this version's Battle Mode yet but I have played championships in four player offline mode, and I played a shitload of Battle Mode on the N64 version.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Also, yeah Nintendo isn't doing E3, they're doing their own Direct around the same time because it's a nice pre-summer timeframe but they're not doing anything on E3 itself.

Wouldn't really say they're "not doing anything for E3"  when they post stuff like this:

C_i1JHSXkAA7esJ.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

Also just bought  Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical, it's a rhythm game and cheap so of course I'd check it out :D

Yeah I saw it on the eShop, looks pretty fun after watching the trailer. I just might pick it up myself.

... But first, today is the second Mario Kart Extravaganza here with three others. Crisps, nuts, drinks, ice cream, lunch and dinner have been bought, the dog has been walked and the missus is going to leave us alone because she has to study. I'm ready!

Edited by BillyHorrible

So, Puyo Puyo Tetris: Overall, lots of fun! Still havent gotten completely used to puyo's gameplay and thinking about setting up combos is hard, but I'm trying to learn x3

Swap is really fun and the "Fusion" mode (basically tetris and puyo at the same time) is confusing but also kinda fun :D

The main thing I miss is an endless Tetris mode... the closest is one that just stops after getting to a certain level. Wonder if there's some kind of licensing issue or something that doesn't allow them to have it, they have endless puyo so seems like no reason to not have endless tetris too... And I wish the online matchmaking would put you up against someone close to your rank instead of just random, I keep getting my ass kicked by people way higher level than me x3

Edited by Zanreo

On 5/14/2017 at 5:41 PM, Zanreo said:

So, Puyo Puyo Tetris: Overall, lots of fun! Still havent gotten completely used to puyo's gameplay and thinking about setting up combos is hard, but I'm trying to learn x3

Swap is really fun and the "Fusion" mode (basically tetris and puyo at the same time) is confusing but also kinda fun :D

The main thing I miss is an endless Tetris mode... the closest is one that just stops after getting to a certain level. Wonder if there's some kind of licensing issue or something that doesn't allow them to have it, they have endless puyo so seems like no reason to not have endless tetris too... And I wish the online matchmaking would put you up against someone close to your rank instead of just random, I keep getting my ass kicked by people way higher level than me x3

Ooh, so there IS an endless mode for Puyo Puyo! Now I gotta buy the game... but my backlog pains me. Loved the demo. 

Puyo Puyo is definitely much harder than Tetris for me too. I can't seem to comprehend how to set up long chains. I think Sega published some tutorial videos for Puyo Puyo Tetris a while ago though.

3 hours ago, blazeaire said:

The demo for Disgaea 5 is up! I implore anyone who remotely likes RPGs to give it a try if they haven't on PS4, one of my fav games ever 1f60d.png 

1 minute ago, Hanzoadam said:

yeah I'm looking forward to it next week

Only RPG I want and need on the Switch is a VC edition of Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars :D

I'm really usually not into RPGs, just the first Super Mario one and occasionally Pokémon, I guess.

On a different topic, I heard from @Super-Fly Spider-Guy that Over Top is a lot shorter than I thought and I heard from someone offline (yes I still go there) that Human Resource Machine is bigger than I thought it would be, so I guess HRM is the other game I'll buy in preparation for my summer vacation.

Not completely sure yet, I'll wait and see. Hoping on VC info on the June 13 Nintendo Direct. I understand why VC was not there at launch but Zelda and Kart are out now, I think it's time to start with a few old-school titles.

Owlboy is coming (no release date yet), which is a game I've been looking forward to. So far it's only announced for Switch, not any other consoles. 

I was interested when it released on PC but I was holding out for a Vita version. If it ends up being only PC/Switch/PS4/X1, I'm going Switch all the way. A Vita version might still edge it out because of trophies and cross-buy with PS4, but even some indie developers have abandoned the Vita these days. Only time will tell what consoles get it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Owlboy is coming (no release date yet), which is a game I've been looking forward to. So far it's only announced for Switch, not any other consoles. 

I was interested when it released on PC but I was holding out for a Vita version. If it ends up being only PC/Switch/PS4/X1, I'm going Switch all the way. A Vita version might still edge it out because of trophies and cross-buy with PS4, but even some indie developers have abandoned the Vita these days. Only time will tell what consoles get it. 

Oh yeah, owlboy looks good.  I'll probably double dip and get it on switch and ps4 if it comes to both.  I thought is was already out on X1 though.  

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thumper is out, everyone!

Personally I'd rather buy it if I get PSVR again but for those not into VR, the Switch version is probably just as cool as the PS4 version.

It's great in VR but it's a tough little game for me.  I'm good at twitch shooters but I can't get this thing down.  Maybe I'll give it another chance when I finish my other VR games.

11 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

yeah I'm looking forward to it next week

Yeah I would double dip but got FE Echoes coming this week ?

7 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Everywhere or? Because I'm not seeing it on the Aussie store. 

Yep, just go to the coming soon tab and click the Disgaea 5 page

2 hours ago, blazeaire said:

Yeah I would double dip but got FE Echoes coming this week 1f600.png

Yep, just go to the coming soon tab and click the Disgaea 5 page

Why did I not check that? That's how I stumbled into the Tetris demo a fortnight or so before release, I'll grab it when I'm on next, cheers dude!

Not much happening on my end in the world of the Switch lately, but I went and unlocked Gold Mario in MK8D. Also, I think I'm the only one online using tilt controls xD

14ea2ar.jpg

2iw7sif.jpgwi5yk1.jpg

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, blazeaire said:

Yeah I would double dip but got FE Echoes coming this week 1f600.png

Just do what I do get so much of a back log you cant manage it =P

I got Akibas beat and Project Diva X yesterday, and got Disgaea and star ocean till the end of time next week =P

I was gonna get Echoes limited edition but I'm gonna hold off, as I got the limited edition for Fire emblem fates and I've only finished Birthright still got another 2 games to finish ¬_¬

3 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

I was gonna get Echoes limited edition but I'm gonna hold off, as I got the limited edition for Fire emblem fates and I've only finished Birthright still got another 2 games to finish ¬_¬

I still need to play FE Fates: Revelations myself.

The Fire Emblem Echoes limited edition is totally worth it IMO; much better than Fates limited edition. Hardcover artbook and 30 track soundtrack with classic Famicom versions of songs and their modern equivalents. Listened to the soundtrack for a few hours straight and it was marvelous. The amiibos are very nicely made too. And the pins are awesome. One of the best collector's editions I've seen. Posted some photos of it here.

Played FE Echoes for a couple of hours today and I'm loving the game so far. ☺️

On 2017-5-20 at 5:00 PM, Eyjabria said:

The Fire Emblem Echoes limited edition is totally worth it IMO; much better than Fates limited edition. Hardcover artbook and 30 track soundtrack with classic Famicom versions of songs and their modern equivalents. Listened to the soundtrack for a few hours straight and it was marvelous. The amiibos are very nicely made too. And the pins are awesome. One of the best collector's editions I've seen. Posted some photos of it here.

Played FE Echoes for a couple of hours today and I'm loving the game so far. 263a.png

Disagree I think the fates way way better in terms of value, I have to say echos has some nice stuff, But Fates had 3 games on the catridge, so on release (in uk) they were £35 each for birthright and conquest then a digital purcahse for £25 for revelations so it was £95 already and it sold for only £75 it sold out in 5 mins and was impossible to get hold of, (I have it =P) Its worth nearly double that now as all games are on one catridge, I think there was an artbook into, I hope nintendo learnt from last time and made more limited editions this time so I think I'll wait a little.   

4 hours ago, Hanzoadam said:

Disagree I think the fates way way better in terms of value, I have to say echos has some nice stuff, But Fates had 3 games on the catridge, so on release (in uk) they were £35 each for birthright and conquest then a digital purcahse for £25 for revelations so it was £95 already and it sold for only £75 it sold out in 5 mins and was impossible to get hold of, (I have it =P) Its worth nearly double that now as all games are on one catridge, I think there was an artbook into, I hope nintendo learnt from last time and made more limited editions this time so I think I'll wait a little.   

I own the Fates limited edition as well and it wasn't very difficult to get a hold of in these parts of the world. Sure Fates limited edition had several games (which really could have been combined into one game with different paths), but the limited edition bonuses (A5 hardcover artbook, Steelbook case, poster) were worse compared to Echoes (A4 hardcover artbook, soundtrack, collector pins, 2 amiibos) in my opinion. Apples and oranges I guess. :)
I buy limited editions because of the bonuses - games can always be purchased later too and at a discounted price (all Fire Emblem Fates games + DLC were 30% off in eShop just recently).

And to try to keep this discussion on topic:

I downloaded the ARMS Testpunch client and Disgaea 5 demo for Switch last weekend. Trying to find time to play the Disgaea demo and looking forward to testing ARMS next weekend. :3

Hmm not really feelings ARMS atm but definitely gonna give the Testpunch a try to see if it changes my mind, otherwise the next Switch game I'm looking forward to is probably Mario Odyssey and obviously the future FE games unless E3 really blows it outta the water with new announcements

On 21/05/2017 at 2:00 AM, Eyjabria said:

Played FE Echoes for a couple of hours today and I'm loving the game so far. 263a.png

Those pins are so awesome, do you only get 3 of them though? And you should definitely play Revelations since it gives so much more info on the characters especially Corrin ?

On 20/05/2017 at 9:52 PM, Hanzoadam said:

Just do what I do get so much of a back log you cant manage it =P

I got Akibas beat and Project Diva X yesterday, and got Disgaea and star ocean till the end of time next week =P

Haha yeah tbh I don't really keep a backlog anymore, just play what I wanna play and drop whatever I don't, less stress ?