Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

I expect no more than 30 seconds of Tears of The Kingdom footage that'll give us absolutely no further insight on what's going on in the game than the last trailers did.

This, of course, will be followed by the Zelda fandom making half hour long videos hyper analyzing every single blade of grass and visible air molecule.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

My guess of what we will get:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC

Fire emblem engage DLC character announcement/date

Advanced Wars 1+2 update

Kirby: Return to Dreamland gameplay

Metroid game that's not Prime 4

Legend of Zelda: ToTK gameplay

"Available today"

Some 3rd party games, Octopath II perhaps?

N64 Classics next game announcement, update to NSO

Let's see how wrong I am! xD

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My guess of what we will get:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC

Fire emblem engage DLC character announcement/date

Advanced Wars 1+2 update

Kirby: Return to Dreamland gameplay

Metroid game that's not Prime 4

Legend of Zelda: ToTK gameplay

"Available today"

Some 3rd party games, Octopath II perhaps?

N64 Classics next game announcement, update to NSO

Let's see how wrong I am! xD

i expect garbage Zelda TotK (unless it has dungeons, im buying to sit on my shelf lol)

Xeno 3 DLC

prob Kirby gameplay. 

Advance Wars reboot release date since well, i think they realized the war isnt ending anytime soon so just release the game .

Doubt any Metroid or FE Engage DLC THIS soon. Maybe Pokemon DLC?

PS: I'll be pissed if Octopath 2 makes it to NS

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

i expect garbage Zelda TotK (unless it has dungeons, im buying to sit on my shelf lol)

Xeno 3 DLC

prob Kirby gameplay. 

Advance Wars reboot release date since well, i think they realized the war isnt ending anytime soon so just release the game .

Doubt any Metroid or FE Engage DLC THIS soon. Maybe Pokemon DLC?

PS: I'll be pissed if Octopath 2 makes it to NS

I think Pokémon will have their own thing at the end of the month that will include DLC, update to the game, Pokémon Unite, Go, and Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2.

Splatoon 3 normally has it's own thing too so doubt we'll see anything Splatoon 3 either.

I say this and watch half of it be Pokémon. I think Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 may be announced for NSO, but wouldn't surprise me if they waited either for Pokémon day.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think Pokémon will have their own thing at the end of the month that will include DLC, update to the game, Pokémon Unite, Go, and Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2.

Splatoon 3 normally has it's own thing too so doubt we'll see anything Splatoon 3 either.

I say this and watch half of it be Pokémon. I think Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 may be announced for NSO, but wouldn't surprise me if they waited either for Pokémon day.

Just make a modern Pokemon Stadium. That can include all gens aside from maybe S/V. 

Wishful thinking i know...

Actually you know what the fuck i want, GBA Online service with Golden Sun. HELL. YES. BOY!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 0:42 AM, Zephrese said:

Creating a blood pentagram on my bathroom floor as we speak to summon and bring forth the following:

port of Twilight Princess HD

You are using the Pentagram wrong. 

I would like to get a HD version of Twilight Princess. Breath of the Wild is ok, I managed to get a complete edition from Play-asia before it went out of print.

I would like to see Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion get released on Switch, doubt that it will happen though. 

I did just get Deadly Premonition 2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom had better not be $70, because I won't get it the launch month (or maybe even the launch year), if that's true. We'll found out soon enough, I guess. The price that popped up as $69.99 was removed within a few hours.

Wouldn't make a lot of sense for it to be priced like that, imo, especially this late into the Switch's lifespan (and, no, I don't think we'll be seeing a new console soon either).

Pretty sure it was just a mistake or mix-up, but we'll likely know for sure in a few hours. Edit: Turns out it is $70 after all, but why? lol

Edited by Zephrese

METROID PRIME REMAKE HOLY SHIIII (would've preferred it if all three games got ported, and perhaps a bit more of a heads-up, but I'm still excited regardless)

Hearing - what I assume to be - Ganon talk for the first time was also pretty cool. Still feel like we've not seen nearly enough of TOTK yet, however.

Edited by Zephrese

My thoughts on the Nintendo Direct...

Pikmin 4 is looking good! The doggy creature is so cute! Ghost Trick and DecaPolice also looked pretty neat. Sea of Stars is looking good. Octopath Traveler II is making me wish the first one was on PS4/PS5. Glad to hear the Advance Wars reboot finally has a new release date. The new epilogue for Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe looks awesome, too. And the first Metroid Prime remastered on Switch? FUCK YES! Hopefully they do the other two eventually, too. The new Fantasy Life also looks good. Not as excited for Tears of the Kingdom as other things, but looks good.

Overall was another great offering from Nintendo. 

• Like 1

I'm really excited about the NSO getting Gameboy and GBA. The Minish Cap, Mario Super Star Saga are both bangers. The real surprise was Pokémon TCG and Fire Emblem popping up as "coming soon." Definitely got my attention.

Metroid Prime is great, and I'm happy we are getting updated controls too. Older ports always concerns me, but this looks good. Definitely grabbing this sooner than later.

I still think ToTK looked a bit rough around the edges, but did Zelda hint at a coop mode at the end? It seems they are really extending the world so I'm pumped for it.

Lastly,  FINALLY! Advanced Wars Reboot got a release date. I don't think I'll get it Day 1, but I definitely will grab it this year.

Those were my highlights. Really hate the teases with the Fire Emblem Engage and XC3 DLCs... the whole reason why I don't buy your expansion passes is because you don't show me enough content and then you dangle that shit in front of me? Assholes... I swear. lol. It's like they know I want to give them money, but just want me to sit there and think about it more.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

Tears of the Kingdom was great and I'm even more excited for it. Liking the new puzzles and vehicles that you can use and the sky platforming parts reminded me of Skyward Sword. Definitely reusing Breath of the Wild assets but I'm optimistic that they'll deliver something new. Happy they're sticking to the May release date.

So the rumors of a Metroid Prime remaster were true. It looks good and I imagine it'll play even better on a Pro Controller. Was hoping for entire trilogy to be remastered but it's still great news. Will pick it up eventually. 

Finally, Nintendo added GBA support to the Switch, which caught me off-guard. I've been waiting for this for a while and the selection is neat. Can't buy 'em, which sucks, but I'm guessing they really want you to subscribe to NSO. Hoping GameCube is next on the list!

Happy that there's going to be a new Professor Layton game after all these years and Pikmin 4 is looking great. Surprised that Sega remembered Samba de Amigo was a thing and I'm going to pick up the new game to support their smaller IPs (hope its reasonably priced). Can't wait for the Advance Wars remakes to finally relase too.

Overall, a pretty solid Direct to start the year off.

• Like 2

Any reason Nintendo stated for Tears of the Kingdom being $70
 I'd probably let it slide if Nintendo Switch was a next gen console, but other than being greedy not sure if a reason was posted.
 Saw Metroid Prime Remaster ended up being real after all
 Now would be nice if Metroid Prime 2 & 3 were on Switch as well and Wind Waker & Twilight Princess
 With GBA and Gameboy games coming not sure if it will happen would like to see these games added Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, leafgreen, Firered, Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal
 Fire Emblem Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Nightmare in Dreamland, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, and some other games
 Probably have quite a list of gameboy and gameboy advance games would like to see added but not sure if some are possible if any.
maybe Botkai and Golden Sun as well.

29 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

Any reason Nintendo stated for Tears of the Kingdom being $70 I'd probably let it slide if Nintendo Switch was a next gen console, but other than being greedy not sure if a reason was posted.

Inflation combined with Nintendo's usual greediness and trend following seems to be the most likely reason behind the price increase.

I think it's absolute BS either way, but I'm also probably going to buy the collector's edition anyways sooo...

Edited by Zephrese

I thought the direct was alright. I just wanted Zelda and I got it. There was mostly DLC coming to games that I didnt care about but I was happy to see the new Yoshi track coming to MK8. I love Yoshi so it hit hard for me. I wonder if I should get Yoshi Crafted World?

But another thing that I liked was GBA coming to switch online. Too bad that I dont wanna pay extra money for Switch online. I think 20 dollars a year just to play MK8 online is too much already. Especially since I already paid 60 bucks for the full game in the first place. Added to the fact that I still have my GBA with some of the games that I grew up with. I don't see myself ever playing this new GBA Switch online deal. Guess I could try the GB games?

And Professor Layton? Wtf has he been?lol

A visual novel adventure Tron game in 2023. I know it's already been announced, but I still don't know how to feel about a game based on this half-dead IP. Mike Bithell and whoever at Disney is responsible are wild ?.

Pikmin looks good. Another Katamari - nice. Ghost Trick - DS fans love it, cool to see it. Zelda got a short trailer, but it will probably get its own gameplay showcase.

A lot of remasters and DLC this time, but overall a fine Direct.