Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Yeah, that's my problem as well. For any Zelda game, and especially a new Zelda game, I'd really like to have a physical copy... but psychologically the $70 price tag is hard to swallow for any game.

There are some games available there that are hard to get a physical copy too that I still want like Octopath Traveler so it'd definitely would save me $35, and it's really hard to just swallow that just to go physical.

I'll probably just sleep on it for a while. It's not like I have to make that decide today. Haha.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Preordered Metroid Prime Remastered’s physical, but seeing Kirby comes out two days later, won’t play it immediately. 

Also, according to Nintendo, the $70 price tag for Zelda won’t be the norm going forward. We shall see. 

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/02/nintendo-usd70-usd-wont-be-a-trend-games-priced-on-case-by-case-basis

Idk, Zelda is 89.99 in Canada which whatever. Its $10 more.

$90 is the norm here and it didnt bother me. I rarely pay attention. I didnt even know Metroid Prime Remaster price when i ordered it ?

But cost of living and inflation affect everything. Expect it to continue for years to come. 

• Like 1

So I just started playing Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on Steam... a sequel to FFIV I didn't even know existed until a couple of years ago. It was originally a WiiWare game released in episodic format (called tales), and was later ported to mobile, PSP and PC. I'm kind of surprised Square Enix hasn't released it on Switch yet (or PS4 and XB1 for that matter) - FF has a very loyal fanbase, and it's a relatively unknown game that would be brand new to a large audience. Being WiiWare, you would think porting it wouldn't be the most complicated of tasks. Why not release it everywhere? (They've already ported Crystal Chronicles, of all games.) I would love to be playing this on Switch to have with me on the go, on something other than my phone.

• Like 2

Just now realized something that I, surprisingly, haven't seen anyone point out yet: We now have Link's Awakening DX on Switch via NSO despite already having the remake that is based off of that exact version of the game. With that it mind, while it doesn't necessarily guarantee anything outright, it certainly shows that Nintendo's not entirely against the idea of having both the remake and the original version (or, in this case, an enhanced port of the original) of a game on the Switch/same platform.

Here's hoping that's a good sign for games like Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D potentially getting ported in the future, although I still doubt it'll happen regardless.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, Zephrese said:

Just now realized something that I, surprisingly, haven't seen anyone point out yet: We now have Link's Awakening DX on Switch via NSO despite already having the remake that is based off of that exact version of the game. With that it mind, while it doesn't necessarily guarantee anything outright, it certainly shows that Nintendo's not entirely against the idea of having both the remake and the original version (or, in this case, an enhanced port of the original) of a game on the Switch/same platform.

Here's hoping that's a good sign for games like Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D potentially getting ported in the future, although I still doubt it'll happen regardless.

I'm hoping Wii/GameCube emulation is down the line so we can also have the OG version of Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime Trilogy ( I think the chances of getting it are high thanks to Prime remastered). I don't see Nintendo adding OG Skyward Sword since the Switch version is the definitive one, but I'm hoping for the 3DS remasters.

I've been playing Live A Live and it's been a lot of fun. So far I finished three stories (Pogo, Oboromaru, and Shifu) and they were great. The gameplay is nice though it's kind of vague (how do you know the amount of steps you can take before the enemy acts?). The HD-2D style is gorgeous with each chapter bringing in some really nice scenery. Can't wait to play more of it.

• Like 3

I think I may have the sauce for my competitive Pokémon team on SV doubles. Here's the team I've been destroying people on ranked and casual with:

Dragonite w/Assault Vest

Iron Hands w/ Scope lens

Iron Bundle w/ booster energy 

Ceruledge w/ wide lens

Amoongus w/ Iron ball

Scizor w/ clear amulet 

Ceruledge and Scizor are pretty unique, but the rest of them are pretty standard. Essentially, Ceruledge spams will o wisps to hinder physical attackers and is a good switch in between Iron bundle (immune to fighting) and Scizor (immune to fire). It's such a great Pokémon and synergizes really well with all the other Pokémon. Scizor is specifically on the team to KO fairies. Iron hands and Dragonite are super weak to them, and bullet punch absolutely destroys them and has priority. Furthermore, it holds clear amulet so its stats can't be lowered so it's a guaranteed 1HKO against Flutter Mane. Those are the reasons why I choose to run those two instead of Flutter Mane,  Great Tusk, Roaring Moon, or other popular Paradox Pokémon. Plus, they're just super cool!

However, what's really odd about my team is the item and sets. Dragonite has no flying or dragon moves: this is because ice moves cover grass and dragon which are common in the format. I may add aerial ace to Dragonite,  but brick break seems much more useful atm against Kingambit and Tyranitar. 

Probably the weirdest thing on my team is the Iron hands. I'm running focus energy + scope lens. This is better than Swords dance because it allows me to tera fire (to avoid burns) and crits ignore Stat drops from charm or intimidate. My Iron hands is SUPER tanky too so it's pretty easy to set up and nothing can stop it.

I'm also running encore on my Iron bundle which has been picking up in popularity. My Amoonguss is pretty standard except the Iron ball. This allows it to outspeed everything in Trick room which gives me the opportunity to spore or pollen puff my team mates.

I have some other ideas I want to try out on ladder, but this is probably the most successful team so far that I made in SV.

• Like 2

I finished Shallistera playthrough of Atelier Shallie some days ago on Switch. My play log shows 85 hours and I'm planning NG+ with Shallotte to get the true ending at some point. Very nice game with characters returning from the prior Dusk trilogy games. I think I still prefer Atelier Escha & Logy over this. 

Now I've started playing Piofiore and I'm annoyed. I've played for a couple of hours maybe, I'm in main route chapter 2. They keep talking about delicious Italian food but they never show it! What is this nonsense?! Was I led astray when I heard there's Italian cuisine in the game? Variable Barricade was riddled with this same issue. Café Enchanté at least showed the goods on occasion. I'm holding out on hope that eventually there will be some nice CGs with drool-worthy gourmet dishes. You can keep your attractive 2D men, Otomate, I'll take the food thanks.

Octopath Traveler II is right around the corner and getting pretty good reviews. I've had it pre-ordered for a long time now so I'll pick it up on Friday unless an ongoing logistics worker union strike affects the availability. I also put in a pre-order for a physical copy of Metroid Prime Remastered. Never played the games in the trilogy and I'm curious to try it out.

• Like 2

The 200+ page artbook for the collector's edition of Tears of The Kingdom has been leaked, unfortunately, so be careful!

Glad to hear that the artbook is that big, but this is one time where I'm actually pretty upset about a leak like this given how far in advance it is.

Hopefully they find the person and absolutely slam them in court, then we'll see if they think this was worth it. lmao

Edit: Unrelated to the above, but physical copies of Metroid Prime Remastered have the Japanese cover on the reverse side. Wish more games did stuff like that!

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

The 200+ page artbook for the collector's edition of Tears of The Kingdom has been leaked, unfortunately, so be careful!

Glad to hear that the artbook is that big, but this is one time where I'm actually pretty upset about a leak like this given how far in advance it is.

Hopefully they find the person and absolutely slam them in court, then we'll see if they think this was worth it. lmao

I got spoiled from it and I’m upset becaaie what I saw was awesome af bit would have been way better to find out on my own .

so yeah Ben careful people !

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

I got spoiled from it and I’m upset becaaie what I saw was awesome af bit would have been way better to find out on my own .

so yeah Ben careful people !

How did you get spoiled? Asking so I know where to avoid getting spoiled. Aside from looking the game up.

• Like 3

Unfortunately I have to work that day so I'll just have to watch it after I get home. Luckily I only work that day until noon.

As for what will happen... here is my best guess:

Pokemon S/V DLC (I don't know how many. I've heard everything from only one to four. If I was to guess though... I'd say the same amount that Sw/Sh had. In other words... two)

Something PMD related (rumored. Either Explorers Remake or a completely new entry. Either way I'll just be watching a playthrough because this franchise frustrates me too much with how difficult it has become for me at this point really)

Detective Pikachu 2 (game. Not the movie. There have been rumors it's 'closing in on a release')

That's pretty much it except for the mobile and other stuff (Go, Unite, Cafe Remix and Masters EX). We could get some anime stuff here too since Ash is gone and it's a full reboot now.

Don't expect the next Johto remake until 2024. But I suppose anything is technically possible. If it is.. I don't want Let's Go sorry. Burn that shit in a fire. Legends Johto/Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi would be my pick. But clearly they are going to do whatever the hell they want to.

• Like 1

Personally expecting more or less all of the following:

Scarlet/Violet DLC -

- There will more than likely be two, much like was the case with Sword/Shield

- One will expand on Area Zero (as it has been heavily implied there's more to it than what's explored in-game), therefore it will most likely be the first DLC to release

- The other DLC will be significantly more extensive, as it will probably add a massive new area to explore akin to DLC found in other open world games (Kalos, kek)

Generation I and Generation III games added to NSO -

- Pretty self-explanatory considering that Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games were added recently, and the initial rosters for both are bizarrely small

- Evidence was found - when coding for GB/GBA games was first discovered - for a program included with NSO meant for wireless/online trading in the Gen III games

- Gen I games will have compatibility with Stadium, which is evidenced by the removal of phrasing in newer trailers for Stadium that mentioned lack of Gen I compatibility features

- Gen II games might also get announced, but - if the above point regarding Stadium proves correct - I'd imagine they'd wait until after announcing Stadium 2

Mystery Dungeon Explorers remake and/or new Mystery Dungeon title -

- Spike Chunsoft, the developers of the Mystery Dungeon games, has a 2023 copyright found on the Pokémon Together website by checking said website's coding/data

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Congrats! My copy was supposed to arrive in the mail today, but FedEx took all day to pick it up so it'll likely get here tomorrow instead. lol

I did mine for in store pickup. I probably won't play much since Kirby is Friday and I always play Kirby games day 1, but I'll give it a spin at least.

• Like 3

So what's the deal with this Metroid Prime Remaster physical?  I randomly learned about it the other day, can't find it anywhere.  Any word of a restock across the board coming and even if they do, what're the odds I'll actually be able to get one at this point outside of scalpers? xD

EDIT: Worst case scenario it seems like there's an English-Asia version of it I can fall back on.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

So what's the deal with this Metroid Prime Remaster physical?  I randomly learned about it the other day, can't find it anywhere.  Any word of a restock across the board coming and even if they do, what're the odds I'll actually be able to get one at this point outside of scalpers? xD

EDIT: Worst case scenario it seems like there's an English-Asia version of it I can fall back on.

I don't know if there is any deal other than it was a huge announcement for the Switch, was actually put at a decent price point ($40), so it just sold like hot cakes. I'm sure places like Amazon will have it back in stock soon once the initial release hype dies down. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

So what's the deal with this Metroid Prime Remaster physical?

Physical copies were supposedly produced in very low quantities because it was meant to be a limited release, something which Nintendo clearly did not communicate very well.

Nintendo also clearly and extremely underestimated the demand for physical copies, and there's also the absolute cancer upon society that is scalpers doing their usual BS.

There's also a few other things going on, including:

Retailers appear to have, in some cases, taken pre-orders for stock they didn't have to begin with

Some people have had their pre-orders delayed either because of retailers rushing them all out and getting confused, and/or perhaps because of the above reason

I've also heard that some copies are just straight up missing? Haven't looked into that yet, though

It's a mess either way. lmao

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Physical copies were supposedly produced in very low quantities because it was meant to be a limited release, something which Nintendo clearly did not communicate very well.

Nintendo also clearly and extremely underestimated the demand for physical copies, and there's also the absolute cancer upon society that is scalpers doing their usual BS.

There's also a few other things going on, including:

Retailers appear to have, in some cases, taken pre-orders for stock they didn't have to begin with

Some people have had their pre-orders delayed either because of retailers rushing them all out and getting confused, and/or perhaps because of the above reason

I've also heard that some copies are just straight up missing? Haven't looked into that yet, though

It's a mess either way. lmao

Feels like Nintendo did these "limited releases" a few times before at least, it's funny how they still seem to bungle it so badly.

I'm just still not totally sure how other releases like this have worked... if supply eventually meets demand and I can get a copy relatively easily, or if this is probably it for a few weeks/months/ever.  Do I cut my losses and just get the Asia English import while it's still cheap and readily available?

EDIT: You know what, the Asia English copy on Play-Asia, I think it's date changed to March 3.  I see an EU listing of it on there too (with the same box art as NA) and it's March 3 as well.  I think Nintendo just botched the rollout so retailers don't have copies, getting the sense March 3 might be the new delayed physical "launch" for all the copies that didn't make it the first time so I'll just keep an eye out around then.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2