Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

13 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

I was in the middle of replaying Fusion not too long ago on my 3DS, but I got distracted by other stuff and haven't managed to find the time to get back to it yet.

Will definitely be playing it through NSO once it's available, though, as I'm very excited to experience it on my Switch! ?

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

On 2/25/2023 at 10:06 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The reason why it's superior is because gyro aiming allows for more precise aiming and faster camera movement.

I've been practicing and getting used to the gyro aiming in Metroid Prime Remastered. I guess I must be getting the hang of it, because now when I switch to a game without gyro I keep moving the controller and wondering why my reticle isn't moving!

I'm a believer now, here's hoping more games offer gyro aiming on PlayStation moving forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I've been practicing and getting used to the gyro aiming in Metroid Prime Remastered. I guess I must be getting the hang of it, because now when I switch to a game without gyro I keep moving the controller and wondering why my reticle isn't moving!

I'm a believer now, here's hoping more games offer gyro aiming on PlayStation moving forward.

It's hard to switch to shooters that don't have gyro aim after getting so used to it. I legit would turn my PS controller when I was playing Tiny Tina's Assault thinking,  "Why is it not working?" xD

It really is a fun change of pace. Most people will never try it because they think it's jank, not sure that's the case. Probably just skill issue. Haha

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's hard to switch to shooters that don't have gyro aim after getting so used to it. I legit would turn my PS controller when I was playing Tiny Tina's Assault thinking,  "Why is it not working?" xD

It really is a fun change of pace. Most people will never try it because they think it's jank, not sure that's the case. Probably just skill issue. Haha

That reminds me when i had played Metroid Prime Hunters for NDS.

The Game had features a Stylus Shooter Gameplay wich was working very well.

I need to remember hard but i was playing another Shooter on PS3 back than and was thinking why i don't hit a damn thing because my thumb was still aiming with the stylus :D

oh i also think there will be no Switch 2 this Year. Its to Soon and Switch sells to well. Nintendo have already say this. But yes the next gen Console is real and i think ext Year would be a good idea. A Switch Pro might be possible like on the New 3DS back than but this is up for Big N to decide.

• Like 3

Kinda sucks that Return to Dream Land is out now...I finally got my hands on Kirby and the Forgotten Land for a decent price. Next Switch game will probably be whenever I can get a physical copy of Metroid Prime Remastered, never played the Prime series before so I didn't jump all over those pre-orders. But it being $40 is already a great starting price, whenever the normal ass people (not scalpers) start listing it on eBay, I can probably get that for much cheaper. 

• Like 4

Boggles my mind that people still debate over whether or not Metroid Prime is a Metroid mutated by Phazon, when it should be obvious that it is. lol

Anyways...

Spoiler

hUM8Wsw.jpg

I did it. : )

Edit: Fusion is playable now through NSO!

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

FYI, Pokémon is updating their competitive regulations next month to let the ruinous treasures allowed.

Part of me loves and hates this change. It feels like I never really get enough time to test and try out teams with a 2-month rotation... but at the same time, I really want to use Ting-lu and think it would be awesome for competitive Pokémon and could have a sick team for it.

Part of it recently too has just been a lack of time to play too I guess on my end. I ended up only playing a few matches last month to get me to master ball rank (4-0) and totally didn't have any time to ladder up.

Hoping to enjoy this new regulation and maybe I can tweak my current team a bit so I don't have to start from scratch. 

I think honestly though, I just need to buy less Nintendo games so I can focus down on really delving into competitive Pokémon like I did for SWSH

• Like 1

There's a new interesting game in town from Square Enix (come on, quit with the constant releases already and let my backlog rest!). Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo has gotten pretty good reviews and it looks rather good. There's a 20% launch discount at the moment if you're into mystery/horror visual novel type of games.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/PARANORMASIGHT-The-Seven-Mysteries-of-Honjo-2340650.html

It's also available on Steam and some players mention it runs flawlessly on Steam Deck as well. https://store.steampowered.com/app/2106840/PARANORMASIGHT_The_Seven_Mysteries_of_Honjo/

My left mouse button is crapping out on me, making highlighting/dragging stuff very fiddly and one click becomes a double click at times. Managed to finish Shadows Over Loathing on PC yesterday and today noticed my life with Photoshop was hell. Peripherals these days.... Thankfully I play most games with a controller on PC, like Ys: The Oath in Felghana which I started yesterday.

• Like 3

Finally beat Ever Oasis on the 3DS! It was a fun little adventure if you're a fan of Zelda games as it plays similarly with you exploring dungeons, solving puzzles, and fighting bosses. The Oasis-building aspect was also fun as you attract residents by building shops and fulfilling their requests. There's also a garden to tend to though it's not on the level of Rune Factory. It looks nice with some colorful designs and the soundtrack was nice to listen to. Is it worth the high prices online? No, it's a fairly short game at 23 hours long with little to do after beating the game aside from doing side-quests that got boring quickly. That said If you're interested in Ever Oasis, then I'd recommend getting it at $40 while eShop is still up. 

Right now I'm replaying Breath of the Wild on Switch (my first time was on Wii U) and so far I've beaten Revali's divine beast. Feels great to be playing it again though I forgot how easy it is to die if you're not careful. I'm planning on playing the expansions after beating the game and checking-out Hyrule Warriors 2, though it sucks that it runs like crap.

• Like 3

I'm thinning out my Switch library a little bit soon, but not too much. My next game will likely be Advance Wars...been waiting a long time. I've started my Extra Mode playthrough on Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. I completed the story 100% and did the Arena. I don't see myself getting to 100% because I have zero intention to do the Merry Magoland. The minigames aren't bad. Just don't really feel like sticking with it. Maybe I can get my niece and nephews to help me with it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone here have Warioware Get it together? I was looking for a good party game to play with my cousin and thought this might be a good choice.

Love to hear any thoughts on it if you have.

It's pretty fun. None of the minigames are crazy hard, but a couple take a few tries to nail. All the characters have some weird mechanic that takes a little getting used to, but nothing too terrible. I played it with my 6 year old nephew and he had almost no trouble getting it.

• Like 3

In case anyone is interested, Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are on sale on the eShop right now for super cheap. Blind Forest is $4.99 and Wisps is $5.99 but the sale for them ends tomorrow (15th). 

Neither of these ever came to PlayStation (they were made by Xbox Game Studios). I went ahead and grabbed them...I would have preferred them on a cart as there is a physical Ori Collection, but it's nowhere near this cheap anywhere else. Always thought these looked good, so looking forward to giving them a try. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Viper said:

In case anyone is interested, Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are on sale on the eShop right now for super cheap. Blind Forest is $4.99 and Wisps is $5.99 but the sale for them ends tomorrow (15th). 

Neither of these ever came to PlayStation (they were made by Xbox Game Studios). I went ahead and grabbed them...I would have preferred them on a cart as there is a physical Ori Collection, but it's nowhere near this cheap anywhere else. Always thought these looked good, so looking forward to giving them a try. 

The games are really good Metroidvanias, imo. Managed to get the collection physically not too long ago, glad to see them on such a good sale here!

• Like 3

I'm curious if anyone can inform me of the results of trying to bring Pokémon over from the Nintendo Bank (eventually the Home) and then into the Switch on Scarlet or Violet. I have a bunch of cool Pokémon with hidden abilities and shiny variations and all that, and if I can import them into Violet (the version I'm playing) I would love to, even if they're not necessarily playable. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone here have Warioware Get it together? I was looking for a good party game to play with my cousin and thought this might be a good choice.

Love to hear any thoughts on it if you have.

It's pretty fun. Not one of the absolute best WarioWare games, but worth it. The $50 asking price is a little much, but maybe not too much if you already plan on playing with your cousin.

• Like 2

Beat Metroid: Fusion through NSO a couple of days ago. Forgot how much I hated certain late-game bosses and shinespark puzzles until replaying it recently, ffs. lmao

Will probably take my sweet time getting to 100% because those shinespark puzzles are absolutely brutal (and, imo, not fun or meaningfully rewarding in the slightest).

Replaying through Super Metroid now instead in the meantime. Thinking about doing the same for Dread too, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Also got Super Mario Maker 2 and the Cosmic Edition of Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope while they were on sale for MAR10 Day.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 3

My doubles team is godlike in Pokémon SV.

I'm 12-3 with it and causing people to rage quit. Really sucks that the team won't be relevant in April anymore with the new regulations. I may still try to use parts of it though as it is pretty cohesive. 

I mentioned the team before, but this is the team:

Dragonite

Scizor 

Iron Hands

Amoonguss 

Ceruledge 

Iron Bundle 

The core of Iron bundle, Ceruledge, Scizor, Iron hands and Dragonite is just soooo good defensively, allows for easy fake outs and encores with iron bundle. It's really easy to get people out of position and just forces others to protect or try to fake me out to prevent big attacks and they get encore looped into oblivion. It's absolutely a blast to play and is probably the most fun I've had playing competitive Pokémon.

With this team, I may switch out a couple of Pokémon for the new legendary treasures that will be legal,  but it's hard to say what I will use.

I kind of want to try a Houndstone, Ting-lu team with maybe Dragonite, Iron Bundle,  and Iron Hands, but I need to look at a type chart to see what I'm missing here. Maybe something with Mach punch would be good, but will need to look into it more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My doubles team is godlike in Pokémon SV.

I'm 12-3 with it and causing people to rage quit. Really sucks that the team won't be relevant in April anymore with the new regulations. I may still try to use parts of it though as it is pretty cohesive. 

I mentioned the team before, but this is the team:

Dragonite

Scizor 

Iron Hands

Amoonguss 

Ceruledge 

Iron Bundle 

The core of Iron bundle, Ceruledge, Scizor, Iron hands and Dragonite is just soooo good defensively, allows for easy fake outs and encores with iron bundle. It's really easy to get people out of position and just forces others to protect or try to fake me out to prevent big attacks and they get encore looped into oblivion. It's absolutely a blast to play and is probably the most fun I've had playing competitive Pokémon.

With this team, I may switch out a couple of Pokémon for the new legendary treasures that will be legal,  but it's hard to say what I will use.

I kind of want to try a Houndstone, Ting-lu team with maybe Dragonite, Iron Bundle,  and Iron Hands, but I need to look at a type chart to see what I'm missing here. Maybe something with Mach punch would be good, but will need to look into it more. 

Hey there. You seem to know your stuff. Mind taking a gander at the question I posed three posts earlier in this thread? Perhaps you know something about that, too. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

Hey there. You seem to know your stuff. Mind taking a gander at the question I posed three posts earlier in this thread? Perhaps you know something about that, too. Thanks!

To my understanding,  you can't transfer Pokémon to/from SV from HOME yet, but I didn't want to answer your question because I'm not 100% sure. It's slated for sometime this spring (so in the next couple of months) which was as of March 5th by the Pokémon company. However,  I think there is some functionality with HOME currently, I'm just not sure. I haven't messed around with it as I was waiting for functionality with DP, SWSH, and Legends Arceus and are allowed competitively so I could just do it all at once.

But here's the thing: I've read that you can transfer Pokémon from GO, but there's a lot of issues surrounding it currently that has corrupted saves of a small pool of people. Same for anyone who pre-ordered the DLC. No clue how or why that's a thing and how that came out before HOME connectivity. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

To my understanding,  you can't transfer Pokémon to/from SV from HOME yet, but I didn't want to answer your question because I'm not 100% sure. It's slated for sometime this spring (so in the next couple of months) which was as of March 5th by the Pokémon company. However,  I think there is some functionality with HOME currently, I'm just not sure. I haven't messed around with it as I was waiting for functionality with DP, SWSH, and Legends Arceus and are allowed competitively so I could just do it all at once.

But here's the thing: I've read that you can transfer Pokémon from GO, but there's a lot of issues surrounding it currently that has corrupted saves of a small pool of people. Same for anyone who pre-ordered the DLC. No clue how or why that's a thing and how that came out before HOME connectivity. 

Hope that helps.

Appreciate it, thanks. For now, I'll focus on switching from the Bank to Home in the next week or so.

• Like 2

With the closing of the 3DS shop, I decided to buy a few cheap games and buy 1 must-have game Radiant Historia. It's on everyone's list, and I don't think I'd be able to get a physical.  Also, bought Bravely Default physical for a decent price. I'm also hoping that we get more Dragon Quest games on PlayStation. Not sure I want to pay for the going price for one now.

• Like 3