Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

9 minutes ago, Parker said:

Sonic Mania Switch gameplay. 

I'm getting the game on PS4 but it looks fantastic on Switch too. Hell, I may get it on both consoles to support 2D Sonic and show Sega that this is what we want more of. 

I've decided that I'll definitely get it for the Switch instead of PS4, portability is enough of a pro for me. Alao, a pixelled game like that benefits from a small screen, at least for me.

2 minutes ago, Torracat83 said:

After Nintendo's showing today, I plan on getting a Switch next year. Along with Super Mario Odyssey, there's only two other must haves that are out this year. To me, that isn't enough to buy a console. Plus, hoping it'll be easier to find by then.

Pro tip: make a reservation for one now nontheless, just to be sure.

Personally there's much more than two games I wanted for the Switch this year, but to each their own of course. Certainly only three big games (Zelda/Kart/Odyssey), I see a lot I want in the digital titles though. Plus, portability while actually getting to play the games you were working on at home on the television.

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

I've decided that I'll definitely get it for the Switch instead of PS4, portability is enough of a pro for me.

I don't think I've actually played the console in handheld mode yet, and I've had the thing since launch. Portability doesn't matter at all to me, obviously. ?

Parker

6 minutes ago, Parker said:

I don't think I've actually played the console in handheld mode yet, and I've had the thing since launch. Portability doesn't matter at all to me, obviously. 1f606.png

Parker

I played it docked for the first week or so and then it's been handheld every since then.  It's really nice to play Mario Kart while waiting for tacos at the taco truck across the street.

Spoiler

now i want tacos

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parker said:

I don't think I've actually played the console in handheld mode yet, and I've had the thing since launch. Portability doesn't matter at all to me, obviously. 1f606.png

Just now, angelgrievous said:

I played it docked for the first week or so and then it's been handheld every since then.  It's really nice to play Mario Kart while waiting for tacos at the taco truck across the street.

Reveal hidden contents

now i want tacos

I started on docked but handheld mode has swayed me, I play about 50/50 now I think.

Just now, angelgrievous said:

Hide contents

now i want tacos

I may have some off duty coming up where I'm just sitting in my car at the entrance of a work site and if I get it I'll probably bring my switch. $40/hr to play some Mario Kart 8 sounds like a good time to me.

Parker

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally there's much more than two games I wanted for the Switch this year, but to each their own of course. Certainly only three big games (Zelda/Kart/Odyssey), I see a lot I want in the digital titles though. Plus, portability while actually getting to play the games you were working on at home on the television.

All good points, but there's more to it than just the games and it's not anything Nintendo themselves have done. I'm just going to leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

All good points, but there's more to it than just the games and it's not anything Nintendo themselves have done. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Please don't leave at that, because I don't understand what you're trying to say. @Torracat83 and I were talking about games on the Switch we wanted to play that would make the console worth it.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Okay, so recap, highlights...

Reveal: Kirby. New game, 2018. Looks to be four player co-op, action oriented. Awesome.

Reveal: Yoshi. New game, 2018(?). Looks to be (at least) two player co-op, platform oriented like the Yoshi's Island games, and an interesting camera swap technique. Awesome.

Reveal: There is a Pokémon RPG in development, probably not to be expected before 2019. Cool, after some recent statements by the devs (like feeling more comfortable with small screens because it demands less of the graphics) actually made me think there would never be a main Pokémon game for the Switch. First Pokémon game I'll get through since Y.

Reveal: There's a Metroid Prime 4 in development (2018). Awesome. Surely, this must be the game Retro Studios has been working on for the past four years. To my shame I must admit I never played through the third game, here's hoping for a collection later this year.

Any one of these games makes me happy, but Nintendo drops them all like a ton of bricks. I think I have to collect my thoughts for a while.

... And then there's so much new info on Super Mario Odyssey... Apparently Mario can use his hat to take over bodies now, and even cars. Cue Driver: San FranMario jokes. Looks to become an awesome game though.

I think Nintendo actually makes me feel proud with this. People were dismissive about the Switch, but I had faith - Nintendo showed us some awesome stuff, making me state that the Switch would be the best Nintendo console since the N64. So now I've been rewarded. Really, awesome news all around. The Switch will remain a huge success, no doubt about it any more. Guess I'll have this year to do something about my PlayStation backlog, keeping the Switch for the holidays, the Kart days with friends and for when I'm in bed but don't feel like reading a book. Then next year, the Switch can become my main console while I keep the PS4 for graphics powerhouses like Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn and the likes.

Only bad thing: Super Mario Odyssey seems to release October 27th, the same day as Assassin's Creed Origins. Guess I'll have to take a couple of days off from work. Yeah, my problems are real.

Come on, man, how can you forget the biggest hit?!

Xenoblade 2 looked GORGEOUS! 

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Come on, man, how can you forget the biggest hit?!

Xenoblade 2 looked GORGEOUS! 

Because I'm not into RPGs... Though truth be told, if anything can get me into the "true" genre (that's not Pokémon, or a joke game like Mario or South Park), it seems to be Xenoblade 2. I got the series explained to me a while ago after X2 was announced. It's not something I would get day one, but I'll definitely look out for it, and try it, see if it can change my opinion on RPGs.

What an exciting showing today from Nintendo. Having watched all the major conferences and being a bit so-so in everything was great to be excited by today's direct. Definitely feel happier with my purchase now and look forward to some great fun in the Switch over the next year. 

Edited by cjshaitan

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Please don't leave at that, because I don't understand what you're trying to say. @Torracat83 and I were talking about games on the Switch we wanted to play that would make the console worth it.

Sorry, I had another forum open on another tab and posted here by mistake. 

Edited by ShadowStar83x

9 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks for the tip. There are three reasons I'm waiting:

1. The reasons I mentioned above

2. I'm making two big purchases soon, so I'll have to wait for financial reasons

3. Trying to curb my overall gaming spending

But a couple games for 3DS this fall, so that'll hold me over.

I just ordered a Switch from Amazon, but I'll have to wait until June 27th for it to arrive. ?

I've only bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so far, and I'll probably get Splatoon 2 when it releases. I was thinking about Breath of the Wild, but I've never played Zelda before and I don't know whether to believe the hype.

3 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I just ordered a Switch from Amazon, but I'll have to wait until June 27th for it to arrive. ?

I've only bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so far, and I'll probably get Splatoon 2 when it releases. I was thinking about Breath of the Wild, but I've never played Zelda before and I don't know whether to believe the hype.

There might be a demo. Or do you have a rental service?

So, apparently a thing called "Bulb Boy" is coming to the Switch soon, saw it on the eShop last night.

It's supposed to be a puzzle game, but the few images I've seen make it seem like a surreal horror game.

Think I have no other choice but to buy this for my summer holiday and try it out.

2 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Thanks for the tip. There are three reasons I'm waiting:

1. The reasons I mentioned above

2. I'm making two big purchases soon, so I'll have to wait for financial reasons

3. Trying to curb my overall gaming spending

But a couple games for 3DS this fall, so that'll hold me over.

Yeah personally I sold and traded in a lot of stuff to finance the Switch; amongst others my Vita and Wii had to go. In the end, I could trade in and sell so much and I used all the credit I had on my account... When launch day arrived I only paid €0,09 directly for everything I got together ?

2 hours ago, MythRaider1994 said:

I just ordered a Switch from Amazon, but I'll have to wait until June 27th for it to arrive. 1f622.png

2 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

There might be a demo. Or do you have a rental service?

I don't think there's a demo, you're probably able to try it at a local game store though.

Personally, I did not believe the hype because I never "loved" any Zelda after Ocarina (though I did like the ones I played), still got the game day one, expecting just a good game. I've started calling it best game ever, after I was about forty hours in. I finished the story after the timer (goes per five hours) had already reached sixty hours, and I played enough afterwards to make it go to sixty-five.

Edited by BillyHorrible

10 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah personally I sold and traded in a lot of stuff to finance the Switch; amongst others my Vita and Wii had to go. In the end, I could trade in and sell so much and I used all the credit I had on my account... When launch day arrived I only paid €0,09 directly for everything I got together 1f602.png

Sweet, but I can't do that sadly. I've sold a lot on eBay recently and it's going towards the two purchases I mentioned. I don't really have much left that I'd want to sell and money's going to be tight until after the holidays, so...gotta do what I gotta do. It'll still be here when I'm done.

• Like 1

Just now, Torracat83 said:

Sweet, but I can't do that sadly. I've sold a lot on eBay recently and it's going towards the two purchases I mentioned. I don't really have much left that I'd want to sell and money's going to be tight until after the holidays, so...gotta do what I gotta do. It'll still be here when I'm done.

Good luck on it, hope for you there's a sweet package deal in a store near you once you go for the Switch.

Keen as a been for

Kirby

Yoshi

Skyrim

Prime 4

Rocket Leauge

Odyssey

Sonic 

Pokemon

Disappointed by lack of Shakedown Hawaii, but it's not a big name so I get it. Just was hoping for some news, since it's a launch exclusive. And that Rocket League is "holiday season" like, god damn, the game would be damn perfect for a portable (as I live for offline bots), speed that shit up.

Realistically going to buy all of them, so long as their release dates are a bit apart from eachother. I don't give a shit about Pokemon, but the missus does and since she'll be buying it, this looks like the best one for me to jump into, since it's not gonna be coming this year, that's a start.

6 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Keen as a been for

Kirby

Yoshi

Skyrim

Prime 4

Rocket Leauge

Odyssey

Sonic 

Pokemon

Disappointed by lack of Shakedown Hawaii, but it's not a big name so I get it. Just was hoping for some news, since it's a launch exclusive. And that Rocket League is "holiday season" like, god damn, the game would be damn perfect for a portable (as I live for offline bots), speed that shit up.

Realistically going to buy all of them, so long as their release dates are a bit apart from eachother. I don't give a shit about Pokemon, but the missus does and since she'll be buying it, this looks like the best one for me to jump into, since it's not gonna be coming this year, that's a start.

I will buy all of those except for Skyrim (would prefer to play it on PS4) and Rocket League (haven't even played it on PS4 and we got it through PS+). I like the Pokémon games, I think they're fun even though I often think at least half the Pokémon in the games look either super weird or too lazy (yeah, a rat. cool. now what?). Stuff like Pikachu and the first three starters were cool, I've often liked at most one of the starters since then.

On 12-6-2017 at 10:19 PM, angelgrievous said:

Oh man, my hype for that Mario/Rabbids game went from a 4 to a 10.  It looks really good.  I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen the reveal trailer but hoo boy.  

Dutch sites have been posting pictures of a Collector's Edition... Dang that looks like a fun statuette.

5927e76cca1a644d498b4568-1.jpg

Okay, credit where credit is due. 

I (and others) said it would be awesome for Nintendo to make a new 2D Metroid and a new 3D Metroid, but expecting nothing. Then Nintendo blows me away by announcing BOTH games. Metroid Prime 4 on Switch, and Metroid 2 remake on 3DS (which I'm counting as a new game, especially since I've never played the original). Nintendo exceeded my expectations with this, which is awesome. I hope they continue to pull out all the stops next year, the year after, etc. 

There are other exciting announcements but those were the big ones for me. 

If I have to pull something negative to balance out the praise, where the hell is the damn Virtual Console? Get on that, Nintendo. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I will buy all of those except for Skyrim (would prefer to play it on PS4) and Rocket League (haven't even played it on PS4 and we got it through PS+). I like the Pokémon games, I think they're fun even though I often think at least half the Pokémon in the games look either super weird or too lazy (yeah, a rat. cool. now what?). Stuff like Pikachu and the first three starters were cool, I've often liked at most one of the starters since then.

A Switch version of Skyrim is the only thing that would ever get me to buy it. I played bits and bobs here and there, but not really more than half an hour or so, the trophies on my account are from a mate who played it on my PS3, the game is pretty well entirely new to me. I could buy the 360 version and use BC on Xbone for like 6 bucks anywhere, I could get the PS4 re-release for 30 odd without much effort, but the Switch being portable is really the only thing that gets me interested. If I walk past the game for 6 bucks, it's gonna take something cool to get me into it.

Rocket League is both great, and over-rated as hell. As someone who played the barely known original more than 5 years ago, Rocket League is both great, and a disappointment. Sure there's been a lot of stuff added post launch, but the base game has less in it than the bloody original which is like 6 or 7 years old now. The game is still fantastic though, and well worth it since you've got it on Plus. I plat'd it probably a good 5 times now *counts in head*, nope 4 times, and most of the achievements on the Xbox version when they had a free trial. I play offline though, I have no interest in playing a game like that with strangers, so the bots is all I really play against. On Switch, a game like this should thrive. Portable bots for people like me out and about, and the full online cross play experience for everyone else at home.

Pokemon means nothing to me. I played a few hours of Silver yeeeears back and a few hours of Platinum when it was a thing, otherwise, outside of the touch screen match 3 one, I never touch the thing. Doesn't interest me at all and they all look the same, but I just love playing the Switch, knowing that Caitlyn will get it, I'll give it a crack.