Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

9 minutes ago, syumisan said:

@BillyHorrible Is it this one?

If I did, Yay haha

To answer the question left off, how about the Mario + Rabbids? That looked soooo fun in the trailer gameplay? 

I am also hyped for the Super Mario Odyssey <3 Looks so fun :)

Yes this one ;) welcome to the Switch thread!

Don't know if Mario+Rabbids would be a game for me but I'll give it a try for sure. That Mario Rabbid statuette looks good though.

And yeah, bring on the Odyssey!

55 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yes this one ;) welcome to the Switch thread!

Don't know if Mario+Rabbids would be a game for me but I'll give it a try for sure. That Mario Rabbid statuette looks good though.

And yeah, bring on the Odyssey!

Yes! Hahaha my mother isn't much a gamer but loves Mario and she really wants the Peach Rabbid as a amiibo lol

So do I heck that xD She is Pwetty lol

You know it's funny. After being so disappointed by the Wii U lineup (Super Mario 3D World was a borefest, Mario Kart isn't my type of funracer, only enjoyable game was Yoshi's Woolly World) I decided to never purchase a Nintendo console, again.

And now what? My girlfriend liked the appearance of a new Yoshi (our wool Yoshi's weren't that hyped though) and enjoyed the part they showed in the Treehouse. So it's likely we will get a Switch by next year. Only other game I'm interested in is Super Mario Odyssey, though. Never can say no to a well-designed 3D-platformer (it can only be better than 3D World 'cause no fucking timer :devil: ). Still I hope that there will be more that catches my interest. 

25 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You know it's funny. After being so disappointed by the Wii U lineup (Super Mario 3D World was a borefest, Mario Kart isn't my type of funracer, only enjoyable game was Yoshi's Woolly World) I decided to never purchase a Nintendo console, again.

And now what? My girlfriend liked the appearance of a new Yoshi (our wool Yoshi's weren't that hyped though) and enjoyed the part they showed in the Treehouse. So it's likely we will get a Switch by next year. Only other game I'm interested in is Super Mario Odyssey, though. Never can say no to a well-designed 3D-platformer (it can only be better than 3D World 'cause no fucking timer :devil: ). Still I hope that there will be more that catches my interest. 

Runner3 seems to be a 2.5D platformer, like that?

17 hours ago, syumisan said:

Yes! Hahaha my mother isn't much a gamer but loves Mario and she really wants the Peach Rabbid as a amiibo lol

So do I heck that xD She is Pwetty lol

There will be statuettes though...

5939929cef3aa5db2c8b4567_collectible_1_P

My day 1 purchases for Switch in the future are

Mario Odyssey

Kirby

Pokken

Fire Emblem Switch

Pokemon Switch

Maybe depending on reviews

Rabbids

Yoshi

Metroid Prime 4

Sonic Forces

And the rest mildly interested but probably never get unless it's on a great sale or something and even then unlikely

FE Warriors

Fate Extella

Sonic Mania

Xeno 2

Arms

51 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i must say part of the reason i want a switch is the LACK of trophies. I heard they are doing a NEW 2D Metroid, plus we have the Zelda. I know there are a few other games as well.

You're kinda on the wrong site if trophies aren't your thing haha ? and the 2D Metroid game is actually on 3DS but yeah Zelda is totally worth it~

• Like 1

On 16.6.2017 at 3:21 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Runner3 seems to be a 2.5D platformer, like that?

I didn't enjoy the first Bit.Trip-games (had them as a retail-collection for Wii) so it's unlikely that I would get Runner3. But this weekend I already had another game in my mind I would enjoy:

The Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) which will get released on Switch. And thanks to the fact that Nintendo finally removed the region lock gives me the possibility to buy the game as soon as it releases.

@blazeaire good point, making a new list.

Announced games that I will definitely get day one:

Super Mario Odyssey

Announced games that I might get day one (mostly depending on price and on my mood at that point, sometimes also depending on reviews):

Shakedown Hawaii

Mario + Rabbids

Runner3

Bulb Boy

Yooka-Laylee

Kirby

Yoshi

Metroid Prime 4

Pokémon

Games that I will definitely get, but not day one:

Sonic Mania

Pokkén Tournament DX

Ignoring the "might get"s for now as that would make the list much too large.

The list of "might get day one"s is the largest, and they're on there for varying degrees of "might". For ome it is very likely that I will get them day one once the release date nears and I get more excited. It's also an issue of how much gaming time I have at that point - if Shakedown Hawaii releases before I've gone on my holiday yet, I'm almost certain I will get it right away.

On 16-6-2017 at 5:15 PM, DarkHarmonixer said:

i must say part of the reason i want a switch is the LACK of trophies. I heard they are doing a NEW 2D Metroid, plus we have the Zelda. I know there are a few other games as well.

On 16-6-2017 at 6:25 PM, blazeaire said:

You're kinda on the wrong site if trophies aren't your thing haha 1f605.png and the 2D Metroid game is actually on 3DS but yeah Zelda is totally worth it~

On 16-6-2017 at 6:35 PM, DarkHarmonixer said:

@blazeaire

not really as my OCD gets in the way, plus the folks here are more willing to help than non-trophy sites. Hence why I have made guides as well, I enjoy helping folks out.

I'm not that much into trophies but I like the stats, and I use trophies to see how far I've gotten through a game.

Also, I've already bought one game for the Switch that is actually available on PS4 with trophies (Shovel Knight), because fuck trophies, I want portability.

Yeah 2D Metroid is a 3DS game (and I think it's actually a remake of Metroid II) but we're getting a new 3D Metroid, and Zelda is indeed awesome and there are many fun games out already, with many more on the way.

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

I didn't enjoy the first Bit.Trip-games (had them as a retail-collection for Wii) so it's unlikely that I would get Runner3. But this weekend I already had another game in my mind I would enjoy:

The Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) which will get released on Switch. And thanks to the fact that Nintendo finally removed the region lock gives me the possibility to buy the game as soon as it releases.

Runner2 was very different from the old Bit.Trip games though, I found it much more enjoyable and I suggest you give it a try at some point. It's basically a platformer but your character moves at a set speed and you can do things like jump, slide, kick and block, which has a fun way of working itself into the background music.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Runner2 was very different from the old Bit.Trip games though, I found it much more enjoyable and I suggest you give it a try at some point. It's basically a platformer but your character moves at a set speed and you can do things like jump, slide, kick and block, which has a fun way of working itself into the background music.

That's good to know thar Runner2 (and therefor Runner3) is a different from the first games. If I'm not mistaken I also had in in my Steam-library once so I could restore the license and give it a try.

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

That's good to know thar Runner2 (and therefor Runner3) is a different from the first games. If I'm not mistaken I also had in in my Steam-library once so I could restore the license and give it a try.

Do it, if you give Runner2 a short try then at least you know if you can outright ignore Runner3 once it releases or if you should give it an honest try.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Honest now. You wanted that game ever since you saw me post this picture.

keeG0Qp.jpg

Didn't see it to be honest.

I tell you what, by the time I finally beat the first Ganon I was expecting a trophy to pop. I wasn't expecting a boss fight and ate all my shit before hand, and used up most of my weapons on the little dudes before him. Ended up shooting my arrows and being a weak ass bitch waiting for him to lunge and then I'd take the easy shots. Since then I've basically just been running around picking up good weapons and whatnot for the next one. It's very challenging to me, because the way I generally play games is race to the end and kill every asshole in my way as quick as possible, not stock up on heart things by doing shrine things and selling the other things to buy the armor things and get better weapons and all this other stuff. I just wanna run at the big bad and smash him and it's so hard to hold back from doing that. Interesting though, that you've only got a couple more hearts than me, is this from early on or is the game doable if you're not an idiot and keep some weapons and food on you?

26 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Didn't see it to be honest.

I tell you what, by the time I finally beat the first Ganon I was expecting a trophy to pop. I wasn't expecting a boss fight and ate all my shit before hand, and used up most of my weapons on the little dudes before him. Ended up shooting my arrows and being a weak ass bitch waiting for him to lunge and then I'd take the easy shots. Since then I've basically just been running around picking up good weapons and whatnot for the next one. It's very challenging to me, because the way I generally play games is race to the end and kill every asshole in my way as quick as possible, not stock up on heart things by doing shrine things and selling the other things to buy the armor things and get better weapons and all this other stuff. I just wanna run at the big bad and smash him and it's so hard to hold back from doing that. Interesting though, that you've only got a couple more hearts than me, is this from early on or is the game doable if you're not an idiot and keep some weapons and food on you?

Before I forget, I checked and I had 16 hearts when I was at the ending, I also upgraded my stamina, my clothing and I had a bunch of extreme potions. So that picture is a while into the game (yellow hearts are temporary, dunno if you figured that out yet). I'd say the finale is doable with less than I had but the game is pretty much about exploring, you're not getting the full experience if you just run to the finish. There's so much side stuff to explore...

People have already posted videos of insane speedruns so if you want to get to the end, go for it. My advice would be to chill out some more though. Have you seen 

Spoiler

the island in the northeast or the island in the southeast yet? Check them out, thank me later.

Well, that sure was a great E3 for Switch, and Nintendo in general :D So many cool new games :3

Yoshi, Kirby, Pokemon... also 2 new Metroid! (mostly interested in the 2D one myself but I'm happy for Prime fans!)

And Mario Odyssey looks even more interesting now that I've seen gameplay and I was already hyped :D Definitely a day-one buy!

Hey guys since I'll be getting a Switch soon I'd like to ask some questions on how the ID's work on the console.

1) Do you still need to have a Nintendo network ID or you only need Nintendo account to get online?

2) What is the ID people see when you are online?

3) Can you change your nickname in your console?

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

Hey guys since I'll be getting a Switch soon I'd like to ask some questions on how the ID's work on the console.

1) Do you still need to have a Nintendo network ID or you only need Nintendo account to get online?

2) What is the ID people see when you are online?

3) Can you change your nickname in your console?

As far as I can tell, you don't use your actual Nintendo ID on the Switch but your regular Nintendo account.

You type in a name for your account when on the Switch and that's what people see, my Switch is not on right now but if I recall correctly it should be changeable with ease.

Saw your first line in my "unread content I posted in" list, figured you were going to ask about game advice, but you did not.

Spoiler

dfefda53e5d7f4f16bd5016a7424d86b9416c5ab

On 6/14/2017 at 5:13 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Dutch sites have been posting pictures of a Collector's Edition... Dang that looks like a fun statuette.

5927e76cca1a644d498b4568-1.jpg

It was posted on GameStop's Facebook (since they got it exclusively in the US)...30 minutes later, people were commenting it was sold out.

On 6/20/2017 at 1:01 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Before I forget, I checked and I had 16 hearts when I was at the ending, I also upgraded my stamina, my clothing and I had a bunch of extreme potions. So that picture is a while into the game (yellow hearts are temporary, dunno if you figured that out yet). I'd say the finale is doable with less than I had but the game is pretty much about exploring, you're not getting the full experience if you just run to the finish. There's so much side stuff to explore...

People have already posted videos of insane speedruns so if you want to get to the end, go for it. My advice would be to chill out some more though. Have you seen 

Hide contents

the island in the northeast or the island in the southeast yet? Check them out, thank me later.

16? I'm at 8 or 9 but I haven't played in a day or two. I haven't upgraded my stamina at all yet, and my clothing is just the water armour thing I got from when I did the elephant, which might be the weirdest sentence I've said in a while. Also haven't made, or know how to make, any potions at all, I've combined like apples with mushrooms to get extra hearts or something and that's good enough for me. I'm having fun running around going to the shrines and whatnot now, I'm playing it now more like No Man's Sky than anything else, just exploring and seeing what's up. To be entirely honest though, it's all more or less the same to me, I'm enjoying my time a great deal and love the shit out of the game so far, but outside of the differing weathers of areas it's just me running around and climbing and beating up douchebags and running around and climbing. 

Maybe. I don't remember. Would I remember? Maybe I've not been then. 

Question time, I've stumbled into some horses here and there all over the place, though never directly because of the story. Tell me, I press the down button and whistle... is this like Red Dead, and later on I'll be able to call my horse to rock up or? Because right now, I can't get any to come to me, even after breaking them in, and I just assume it's because I've not unlocked the ability yet. 

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

16? I'm at 8 or 9 but I haven't played in a day or two. I haven't upgraded my stamina at all yet, and my clothing is just the water armour thing I got from when I did the elephant, which might be the weirdest sentence I've said in a while. Also haven't made, or know how to make, any potions at all, I've combined like apples with mushrooms to get extra hearts or something and that's good enough for me. I'm having fun running around going to the shrines and whatnot now, I'm playing it now more like No Man's Sky than anything else, just exploring and seeing what's up. To be entirely honest though, it's all more or less the same to me, I'm enjoying my time a great deal and love the shit out of the game so far, but outside of the differing weathers of areas it's just me running around and climbing and beating up douchebags and running around and climbing. 

You can check the description of your ingredients. Hot peppers will increase your cold resistance, for instance.

Maybe. I don't remember. Would I remember? Maybe I've not been then. 

Yeah, I think you would remember, go check them out :)

Question time, I've stumbled into some horses here and there all over the place, though never directly because of the story. Tell me, I press the down button and whistle... is this like Red Dead, and later on I'll be able to call my horse to rock up or? Because right now, I can't get any to come to me, even after breaking them in, and I just assume it's because I've not unlocked the ability yet. 

You have to tame horses before you can ride them :) You get a short tutorial message the first time you walk past horses but the rest you'll have to figure out on your own.

Also, as the game states, your horse is not magical and can't just appear anywhere when you whistle.you have to be close enough for it to hear you, the game remembers where you leave your horse. You can 'save' horses at stables.

Pro tip: sneak up to a spotted horse before you try one with just one colour, the spotted horses are easier to tame.

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

You can check the description of your ingredients. Hot peppers will increase your cold resistance, for instance.

Yeah, I think you would remember, go check them out :)

You have to tame horses before you can ride them :) You get a short tutorial message the first time you walk past horses but the rest you'll have to figure out on your own.

Also, as the game states, your horse is not magical and can't just appear anywhere when you whistle.you have to be close enough for it to hear you, the game remembers where you leave your horse. You can 'save' horses at stables.

Ah, so it's just the food then, got ya.

I hope the island is just a giant dick. It would be funnies.

I don't know if I got the message or not, but I've been riding them all no problem. 

Cool cool cool, didn't know if they'd magic to me or what, but nice to know it remembers. And the stable idea is cool, I'll remember that.

Copied from the other thread, in case it's of use to anyone...

I bought a Pokken Tournament remote for Wii U today because impulse buys and EB's website said the nearest once was like 300km away and I saw it in store and thought fuck it.

Anyway, it works on the Switch, it shows up as a normal pro controller. It works fine running around the menus and everything of the OS as you'd expect. 

Here's the games I've tested it with and the results I got.

Mario Kart 8. Works perfect.

Mr. Shifty. Works perfect.

Kamiko. Works perfect.

Shovel Knight. Works perfect.

Blaster Master: Zero.  Works perfect.

Puyo Puyo Tetris. Works perfect.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Works perfect.

Over Top. Works perfect.

King of Fighters '98. Works perfect.

Rudymical. Works perfect.

Metal Slug 3. Works perfect.

Graceful Explosion Machine. Needs joysticks, can't use.

NBA Playgrounds. Needs joysticks, can't use. 

Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Needs joysticks, can't use.

World of Goo. Needs pointers or touch screen, can't use.

Fast RMX. Needs joysticks, can't use. 

Outside of Zelda and World of Goo, the other games that don't work due to the absent joysticks would work fine if they allowed you to switch control from joystick to dpad.

Anyway. The remote was 28, but that was the Pikachu one, there's a blank one for 23 but they had none. Maybe that was the one that was 300km away, who knows. Anyway, it's a lot cheaper than the 100 RRP of the proper pro controller, and obviously the lack of joysticks will be an issue, but for stuff like Mario Kart and Tetris, my two most played MP games, it's a perfectly fine, and perfectly affordable solution. So for those who want a cheap(er) remote and have games that can work without joysticks, or for those who just want a proper dpad for platformers and the sort, I cannot recommend this enough. And apparently it goes for like 15 bucks at GameStop so if you're in the US, it's pretty cheap too, EB and GS must be clearing them... since the cheapest Pikachu one on eBay is 60 bucks. I might sell mine when Nyko's core controller comes out and buy it with the money from this.