Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

On 6/23/2017 at 5:47 PM, BillyHorrible said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy that's a wired controller though :(

Guess my pro controller is good enough. Perhaps there will be a wireless Switch version once the game releases?

Corded ain't a problem for me, just means I won't have to worry about charging it up.

Also, for the sadomasochist in you, I have successfully got the Pokken remote to work, by

> Plugging it into a USB to micro USB adapter

>> Plugging that into a micro USB to USB type C adapter

>>> Plugging that into the Switch itself, not the dock

Which then got me thinking, and I did the same thing with a little tablet keyboard thing and it worked too. 

The second they open up the web browser, the Switch could become a legit tool of study for me. I use a Chromebook, as I've mentioned a bunch of times on here, so all my stuff is online, Google Docs, Google Slides, my course provider's site, and so on. Plugging the Switch into a tablet keyboard holder thing and carting around a power cable could actually work if one was so inclined. 

I'd rather just use my laptop because of the beautiful ass keyboard and big screen, but that would totally work for guys who don't mind tablets and smaller keyboards.

At this point, should I just send a PM to Billy, since he's the only one regularly in here?

Anyway, Snake Pass is apparently the first thing to go on sale on the eShop for Switch, it's 40% off at the moment which makes it 15 and change here. I'll be picking it up tomorrow when I grab an eShop voucher. Any opinions on it? Looks halfway decent, not amazing or anything, probably not even worth 15 something (to me personally) but I'm down when it's survey dolla billz.

13 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

At this point, should I just send a PM to Billy, since he's the only one regularly in here?

Anyway, Snake Pass is apparently the first thing to go on sale on the eShop for Switch, it's 40% off at the moment which makes it 15 and change here. I'll be picking it up tomorrow when I grab an eShop voucher. Any opinions on it? Looks halfway decent, not amazing or anything, probably not even worth 15 something (to me personally) but I'm down when it's survey dolla billz.

Well, you're the only one to post here when there's nothing to talk abOUT AND WOW IS SNAKE PASS ON A 40% SALE? AWESOME!

I wonder if this has to do with the e-mail I sent them... I told them that as a Switch and PS4 owner, I would like to buy their game on the Switch but I can also see the sales on PS4 (20% off as pre-order, 40% off now or two weeks ago or something) and that I didn't really feel like paying more for it than I had to.

Definitely buying it once I get home, I intended to play more on the Switch these months anyway thanks to the nice weather!

40% off means €12 for me, which seems decent for a game like this. I love platformers with a twist though so the game is probably more worth to me than to you @Super-Fly Spider-Guy.

I saw that Snake Pass was on sale yesterday. Great news for Switch owners who want to play the game. For some reason, it doesn't appeal to me. Based on what I have seen of the game, I reckon it has to do with the fact that the game feels very slow moving. However, the game is highly rated and it was consistently shown in the bestsellers list on Switch so I am glad to see it is doing well. Hopefully it is doing just as well on other platforms.

... Sold!

Yeah, I wasn't kidding a while back when I said I was waiting on a sale for Snake Pass. Love to sponsor the game, just not for more than it's been on PS4. Very glad it gets a sale on the Switch before it's on PS+ :D

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

I saw that Snake Pass was on sale yesterday. Great news for Switch owners who want to play the game. For some reason, it doesn't appeal to me. Based on what I have seen of the game, I reckon it has to do with the fact that the game feels very slow moving. However, the game is highly rated and it was consistently shown in the bestsellers list on Switch so I am glad to see it is doing well. Hopefully it is doing just as well on other platforms.

It seems like a weird love-it-or-hate-it type of game. I think the premise is brilliant though, glad to be able to sponsor it on the Switch before the PS4 price dropped too low, also because I like it that games on the Switch can go on sales now.

Snake Pass is cool!

Just did the first two levels. The atmosphere is very enjoyable, very laid back - it's slow, but it's not meant to be played super quick (oh, the irony of saying this the day the time trials are added). The levels are also packed with stuff, not as empty as a Banjo-Kazooie, so you have to travel less to see it all.

The controls are going to be love-it-or-hate-it, simple as that. I admire the techniques but I can imagine that others will get frustrated.

I had to stop myself from playing more because I want to play it later. Glad it's on a sale, I don't think I'll regret the €12 spent.

1 hour ago, Death_Ninja said:

Got a Switch today! Target had like 4 this morning, I got lucky lol

Mario Kart Deluxe is currently on its way from Amazon. Same day delivery FTW lol

Congrats, and welcome! Bought any digital games yet?

Mario Kart was actually my first big priced digital game purchase ever. Figured I'd keep that game as long as I had the console anyway, and I wouldn't have time that release day to go pick it up.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Congrats, and welcome! Bought any digital games yet?

Mario Kart was actually my first big priced digital game purchase ever. Figured I'd keep that game as long as I had the console anyway, and I wouldn't have time that release day to go pick it up.

No digital games yet, but probably when I get a bigger SD card thing lol

1 hour ago, Death_Ninja said:

They give you a 32GB one with the system right? I didn't get a chance to open it yet.

You got the chance, you just didn't take it... B)

No there's no card with the system, the 32GB you get is internal storage so it can be suplemented with a card. Meaning I have 160GB now (including useless GBs because of system stuff and so on, guess I have about 145-150GB for myself).

You know, Zelda is big but even Mario Kart is only about 5GB. I'm guessing it will take me much longer to fill the Switch with games than the PS4, with monstrosities like Arkham Knight for 75GB (which I pre-ordered retail but got a download code for because the collector's edition was delayed).

... I just checked and even Snake Pass is just 350MB on the Switch. It's 1.7GB on PS4...

I don't know if this has been changed already but back in the first month of the Switch, you couldn't choose where your downloaded games would end up - if you had a card in the Switch then it would get installed there, otherwise it would get installed on the internal storage. Might be useful to know if you want to have them on a specific spot, I have everything on the card now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

Got a Switch today! Target had like 4 this morning, I got lucky lol

Mario Kart Deluxe is currently on its way from Amazon. Same day delivery FTW lol

Welcome to the Switch family. Mario Kart is amazing. I must've spent hours online playing with friends and people from around the world. Battle mode can get addictive at times. :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

You got the chance, you just didn't take it... B)

No there's no card with the system, the 32GB you get is internal storage so it can be suplemented with a card. Meaning I have 160GB now (including useless GBs because of system stuff and so on, guess I have about 145-150GB for myself).

You know, Zelda is big but even Mario Kart is only about 5GB. I'm guessing it will take me much longer to fill the Switch with games than the PS4, with monstrosities like Arkham Knight for 75GB (which I pre-ordered retail but got a download code for because the collector's edition was delayed).

... I just checked and even Snake Pass is just 350MB on the Switch. It's 1.7GB on PS4...

I don't know if this has been changed already but back in the first month of the Switch, you couldn't choose where your downloaded games would end up - if you had a card in the Switch then it would get installed there, otherwise it would get installed on the internal storage. Might be useful to know if you want to have them on a specific spot, I have everything on the card now.

Ah okay, I'll probably get a card when it gets close to filling up. I'm just super hyped for Splatoon 2 lol Thanks for the explanation, so much clearer to me now lol

7 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Welcome to the Switch family. Mario Kart is amazing. I must've spent hours online playing with friends and people from around the world. Battle mode can get addictive at times. :)

Thanks! :D Battle mode is probably a lot of fun.

So I've finally played my Switch as a portable and I found it quite enjoyable. I've been playing Mario Kart while listening to Warren Zevon and while I definitely prefer playing with a Pro controller, the Joy-Cons on the system are pretty comfortable.

I really wish Nintendo would launch the Virtual Console on Switch sooner rather than later. The SNES Classic looks awesome but it would also be awesome if we could buy and play those games on the Switch as well. Come on Nintendo, let me give you some more money.

Parker 

• Like 1

I see a lot of people saying they got the Pro controller for the Switch. I was thinking of getting it myself when the Switch launched but, honestly, after trying the doggie-style controller that came with the console, it feels very comfortable. I find it is more comfortable and easier to use than the Dualshock 4. There isn't a need for me to get the Pro controller anymore.

Anybody else feel this way?

Rumour has it that Ubisoft are having difficulties porting Steep onto the Switch. You might recall that one of the first games announced by Ubisoft for the Switch in January was that they would be porting Steep and Rayman: Definitive Edition (whatever happened to that too??!?) to the system. However, that announcement seems to have been a bit premature. Although Ubisoft are working closely with Nintendo to try and get the game onto the system, it looks likely this project will be shelved.

http://fr.ign.com/steep-switch/26945/news/steep-en-difficulte-sur-nintendo-switch

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-ubisoft-having-some-trouble-bringing-steep-to-switch/

Was anybody looking forward to playing Steep on the Switch?

I see a lot of people saying they got the Pro controller for the Switch. I was thinking of getting it myself when the Switch launched but, honestly, after trying the doggie-style controller that came with the console, it feels very comfortable. I find it is more comfortable and easier to use than the Dualshock 4. There isn't a need for me to get the Pro controller anymore.

Anybody else feel this way?

I bought a pro controller right away. I've only used the double joy connect controller once, when I wanted someone else to be able to play with the pro controller. It was alright, I prefer the pro controller though.

1 hour ago, blazeaire said:

First Zelda DLC is out!

That's the challenge DLC, right?

50 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Rumour has it that Ubisoft are having difficulties porting Steep onto the Switch. You might recall that one of the first games announced by Ubisoft for the Switch in January was that they would be porting Steep and Rayman: Definitive Edition (whatever happened to that too??!?) to the system. However, that announcement seems to have been a bit premature. Although Ubisoft are working closely with Nintendo to try and get the game onto the system, it looks likely this project will be shelved.

http://fr.ign.com/steep-switch/26945/news/steep-en-difficulte-sur-nintendo-switch

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-ubisoft-having-some-trouble-bringing-steep-to-switch/

Isn't Steep too hard for the Switch, graphics-wise?

I would like Rayman Legends for the Switch put I'm not paying more than €8 or so for it since I've played through it on the PS4 years ago already.

I didn't give a shit about Steep when I played the beta, but on the go it could be fun. I'd grab it when it dropped to a reasonable price if it was on the Switch, otherwise I'd never touch it elsewhere, because elsewhere has SSX, and SSX always wins.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Isn't Steep too hard for the Switch, graphics-wise?

I would like Rayman Legends for the Switch put I'm not paying more than €8 or so for it since I've played through it on the PS4 years ago already.

I don't know if the graphics are the issue. From what people are saying elsewhere, it might be because Steep requires an online connection all the time. I have no idea why (anybody with the game care to elaborate?) but with the portability of the Switch, this can be an issue. Ubisoft are working with Nintendo on this, so if Nintendo themselves are unable to solve the issue that might be telling us a thing or two about the Switch

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I didn't give a shit about Steep when I played the beta, but on the go it could be fun. I'd grab it when it dropped to a reasonable price if it was on the Switch, otherwise I'd never touch it elsewhere, because elsewhere has SSX, and SSX always wins.

I'm in the same boat. It isn't my kind of game but if it went on sale I might purchase it to try it out. If the game is cancelled it would be a big shame as it might make third parties more reluctant to port games onto the Switch.

Bomberman is apparently the next title on sale. Down from it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS 89.95 to an almost equally fucking ridiculous price of 53.97. Dollars. Like, nearly 60 dollars. For that. I got Crash for $30 day one on disc yesterdat and it's 3 full god damn games. 

Shame too, I really wouldn't mind playing this new Bomberman, but for 20 or so tops. Nice to see more shit on sale though, wonder what the next one will be?