Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

53 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Bomberman is apparently the next title on sale. Down from it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS 89.95 to an almost equally fucking ridiculous price of 53.97. Dollars. Like, nearly 60 dollars. For that. I got Crash for $30 day one on disc yesterdat and it's 3 full god damn games. 

Shame too, I really wouldn't mind playing this new Bomberman, but for 20 or so tops. Nice to see more shit on sale though, wonder what the next one will be?

Thanks for telling us, at least. Here it's gone from €50 to €30, I'd buy it straight away if it was €15 and I'd want to try it first if it was €20.

Still hoping on Shakedown Hawaii and Yooka-Laylee, never mind sales... Now with the Snake Pass sale, I have everything that's out already and I absolutely wanted.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks for telling us, at least. Here it's gone from €50 to €30, I'd buy it straight away if it was €15 and I'd want to try it first if it was €20.

Still hoping on Shakedown Hawaii and Yooka-Laylee, never mind sales... Now with the Snake Pass sale, I have everything that's out already and I absolutely wanted.

Wait until the 6th. I'm keen on Vaccine and Implosion. I'm sitting at just over 20 on the eShop Survey Site Dolla Dolla Bill Scale at the moment, and in total those two are a few cents under 30. So I've got nearly a week to get another ten bucks from my site to grab them both.

I feel the same and all, but I'm still gonna be bummed when some stuff I've paid full for goes on sale. Though I've got my money's worth out of most of them anyways. All I could really ask for in terms of sales would be if the Neo Geos went half price or something, I'd buy damn near all of them, probably even the golf one too for a laugh to complete the set.

God damn it, I just found out Implosion is a phone game that's been out a couple years and is free.

I sure would like to play it on the Switch. But I am NEVER paying 15 and change for a FREE mobile port. 

Edit: Spoke too soon, it's actually just the first episode or something that's free, the full game unlock is 13 bucks. I'm on board to pay a couple bucks more for the Switch version. I was really bummed for the minute or so I thought my Switch was gonna miss out on this.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

Who's got the highest Switch game count in here? I'll be buying my 19th* game in a few days when it comes out and I'm wondering who else is stacking up with the Switch?

*I have 16 right now, 2 are coming out on the same day this week that I will be grabbing, and by ownership of NBA Jam Playgrounds, I get Shaq Fu 2 when it drops, making 19 total.

...furthermore, considering the amount of Tetris I play, if it was reasonably priced I'd have bought that too, but I've put at least 10 hours into the bloody demo for it, so I'd round it to 20 really, since I'd only be playing the same modes anyways.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
Forgot I bought Snake Pass the other day, so 19, not 18.

12 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Who's got the highest Switch game count in here? I'll be buying my 19th* game in a few days when it comes out and I'm wondering who else is stacking up with the Switch?

*I have 16 right now, 2 are coming out on the same day this week that I will be grabbing, and by ownership of NBA Jam Playgrounds, I get Shaq Fu 2 when it drops, making 19 total.

...furthermore, considering the amount of Tetris I play, if it was reasonably priced I'd have bought that too, but I've put at least 10 hours into the bloody demo for it, so I'd round it to 20 really, since I'd only be playing the same modes anyways.

Have you played Snake Pass already?

My game list:

Zelda, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight (complete), Blaster Master Zero, World Of Goo, Human Resource Machine, Mario Kart, Snake Pass. So, 9, I guess. Definitely more than I bought on PS3 or PS4 in the same time.

23 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Have you played Snake Pass already?

My game list:

Zelda, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight (complete), Blaster Master Zero, World Of Goo, Human Resource Machine, Mario Kart, Snake Pass. So, 9, I guess. Definitely more than I bought on PS3 or PS4 in the same time.

Got into it for a bit this morning while everyone was still down. I clocked the first two worlds before Billie woke herself up. Pretty fun game, nice and chill, especially coming off Crash 1 the day before (which isn't really hard or anything, there's just the odd level that takes me more deaths than I'd like to admit and annoys the crap out of me), I'll look forward to clocking the whole thing soon.

Got all of them except Snipperclips and Human Resource Machine. Given the people behind HRM are those behind World of Goo, and the fact I enjoyed the shit out of that game, would it be worth me looking into this one sometime, or is it a whole other vibe? Like, I'm down to try anything if it's on the Switch and reasonably priced. Something like Snake Pass for example, I'd have probably never bought on PS4/Xbone and definitely wouldn't finish it. Maybe the lack of an instant backlog is the main appealing factor in me wanting to actually finish all my games on Switch.

9 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Got into it for a bit this morning while everyone was still down. I clocked the first two worlds before Billie woke herself up. Pretty fun game, nice and chill, especially coming off Crash 1 the day before (which isn't really hard or anything, there's just the odd level that takes me more deaths than I'd like to admit and annoys the crap out of me), I'll look forward to clocking the whole thing soon.

Got all of them except Snipperclips and Human Resource Machine. Given the people behind HRM are those behind World of Goo, and the fact I enjoyed the shit out of that game, would it be worth me looking into this one sometime, or is it a whole other vibe? Like, I'm down to try anything if it's on the Switch and reasonably priced. Something like Snake Pass for example, I'd have probably never bought on PS4/Xbone and definitely wouldn't finish it. Maybe the lack of an instant backlog is the main appealing factor in me wanting to actually finish all my games on Switch.

HRM is completely different from WOG. World Of Goo is a physics puzzler with a lot of humour, HRM is basically a programming puzzler. I think it's a lot of fun (I only have the last level to go, but I find myself only playing Kart at home so I'll finish it on the summer holiday) but liking WOG does not guarantee you'll like HRM. I don't have anything to compare it to in gaming either so I can only say if you like brainteasers, tough puzzles and programming, you'll probably enjoy HRM. It's a game with a niche audience but what it does, it does really well.

Adding: the game can get really difficult, both me and a colleague with more programming experience thought a fair few of the levels were pretty tough to figure out.

Edited by BillyHorrible

It seems as though Platinum Games are hinting at a port of Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for the Nintendo Switch. What do you guys think about another Wii U port for the Switch. I think Bayonetta 2 deserves more love from Nintendo fans and I would love to see the game ported for the Switch. I wonder if we will see a Bayonetta 3 announcement soon...

A new Nintendo Direct focusing on Splatoon 2 is happening this Thursday. I'm already sold on the game and will be buying it day 1 but for those of you on the fence it might be worth a look,. I imagine they will show more of the new weapons/stages and might even announce a future DLC like they did with the Arms direct last month. I'm not expecting any game announcements though.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? What are you hoping will be shown during the Direct?

For those who didn't watch the latest Splatoon 2 Direct already, here it is. Pearl and Marina have great designs. I love Pearl's badass attitude on the stage. xD 

See you at the Splatfest World Premiere demo event on July 15th! The hype meter is off the charts! :yay:

• Like 1

Finally got around to clocking Zelda earlier. I know there's another ending available and all, but holy shit, Ganon was such a let down. Build up a huge fight for the whole thing only to have it end in five minutes with no real story, explanation, or anything, it's literally just "He's a really bad guy, go kill him" ... this ain't spoilers or anything by the way, since there's nothing to spoil, unless you count spoiling the lack of spoils to be spoiled as a spoiler. SPOIL.

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Finally got around to clocking Zelda earlier. I know there's another ending available and all, but holy shit, Ganon was such a let down. Build up a huge fight for the whole thing only to have it end in five minutes with no real story, explanation, or anything, it's literally just "He's a really bad guy, go kill him" ... this ain't spoilers or anything by the way, since there's nothing to spoil, unless you count spoiling the lack of spoils to be spoiled as a spoiler. SPOIL.

It's true. The game does feel like it just ends abruptly following the Ganon fight. But the actual Ganon fight I thought was epic. Will you be getting the DLC when it comes out later this year? 

10 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

It's true. The game does feel like it just ends abruptly following the Ganon fight. But the actual Ganon fight I thought was epic. Will you be getting the DLC when it comes out later this year? 

I thought the fight was pretty fun and all, I enjoyed it but I just used a strength enhancing food thing and kept returning his fire and stunning him with the "hold square move" (which I'm sure is it's real name) and bang bang bang. It was fun but it was over in like piss all, apparently he goes down even easier if you have the Master Sword, which I did not. The bit outside of the castle was pretty cool too but again, over in a flash. Bummer you can't keep the Bow of Light though.

I'd grab the DLC if one of these two conditions are met

1. The thing goes on sale. It's $30 bucks here, which is probably a lot better if you paid the RRP of 80 digital or 90 physical, but since I got my copy for 32.50, I'm not paying pretty well the same amount again for an expansion.

2. The thing gets split up into it's two parts, which would hopefully be 15 each, and I could buy the story part, since I have no interest in a hard mode or whatever the Cave of Trials is.

Unless the "New Original Story" turns out to be campaign lengther or something, I ain't paying that much compared to how much I paid initially for the game. Again though, if you paid the full price, or even a cheaper price (the cheapest is around 75 anyway new) the 30 wouldn't be that bad, but it effectively doubles how much I paid for the game, and right now 32.50 was a bargain and a half for this game, but 62.50 for this game and a small bit of DLC is less of a ripper. So basically, to answer in short, I ain't paying full price again until I know the DLC is worth it.

Anyone out there with a 3DS? I had two hundred and something MyNintendo points going to expire this month, so I grabbed the Flipnote 3D game or whatever it's called for 200 instead of straight up losing them. I already have it, anyone interested in the thing? PM me on here if you fancy the code.

Nice I just saw this thread was up and going again. I did a little Switch shopping yesterday and bought the DLC for Zelda, in about 8 hrs now ?but really enjoying it. Also bought some Japanese rhythm game, can't remember name will add tomorrow but intend to give it a go later tonight.

Hope all is going well for everyone and happy Switch gaming 

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Anyone out there with a 3DS? I had two hundred and something MyNintendo points going to expire this month, so I grabbed the Flipnote 3D game or whatever it's called for 200 instead of straight up losing them. I already have it, anyone interested in the thing? PM me on here if you fancy the code.

I have a 3DS but I already have Flipnote 3D. Thanks though.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:20 AM, Miles_Warren said:

Platinum games seem to be teasing a few announcements for the switch. This time they are teasing us with a possible port or sequel to the Wonderful 101. Do you think anything will be announced in today's Nintendo Direct?

I meant to reply to this earlier. I have Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 for Wii U (which I still have hooked up to my main TV). I have started Wonderful 101 several times but never gotten past the first 2 missions or so. I don't know why, I like the game but I never stick with it. I probably wouldn't buy it again. However, I have not started Bayonetta 2 and I would probably buy it again (even at full price) to have it on the Switch, especially if that helps create Bayonetta 3. I actually have the initial pressing of the game that includes the first one, but I also have it on PS3 and completed it there. It's a game I'll probably Platinum someday. I just need to finish the 2nd playthrough, do the 3rd, and knock out a couple of random trophies.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:15 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Man, you're playing the hell out of your Switch! You're shaming me into admitting I haven't finished the Ganon fight and need to go back and do that.

Also, on the subject of Metroid Prime 4, I recently went back to the original Metroid Prime (I haven't finished any of them) on my Wii U and started making progress again. I think I'm about 75% of the way through, and I intend to finally finish it this time. I'm getting excited for the 4th one, but I certainly hope it goes back to standard controls. I don't really like the Wiimote controls of the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CjShai said:

Nice I just saw this thread was up and going again. I did a little Switch shopping yesterday and bought the DLC for Zelda, in about 8 hrs now 1f614.pngbut really enjoying it. Also bought some Japanese rhythm game, can't remember name will add tomorrow but intend to give it a go later tonight.

Hope all is going well for everyone and happy Switch gaming 

Loving my switch too. Currently playing Disgaea 5. This week is a big week for the Switch with the release of Splatoon 2. I'm probably more excited for that game than I am for Mario in October.

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I meant to reply to this earlier. I have Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 for Wii U (which I still have hooked up to my main TV). I have started Wonderful 101 several times but never gotten past the first 2 missions or so. I don't know why, I like the game but I never stick with it. I probably wouldn't buy it again. However, I have not started Bayonetta 2 and I would probably buy it again (even at full price) to have it on the Switch, especially if that helps create Bayonetta 3. I actually have the initial pressing of the game that includes the first one, but I also have it on PS3 and completed it there. It's a game I'll probably Platinum someday. I just need to finish the 2nd playthrough, do the 3rd, and knock out a couple of random trophies.

I feel the same way about Wonderful 101 tbh. I know what put me off that game was the horrible controls e.g. drawing the whip on the gamepad when you want to use the whip. For some reason, the gamepad wouldn't register my drawing accurately and I would often die. I'm curious to see how an essential game mechanic like that would alter if the game gets a Switch release. I may buy it again to try it out, although it probably won't be a Day 1 purchase for me.

As for Bayonetta, I am definitely going to get that day 1. I bought the double pack with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 when it was released on the Switch and enjoyed both games. I'm hoping this is just Platinum Games threading the waters to see if there is demand for Bayonetta 3. The various games forums out there say there is - the sales of Bayonetta 2 say there aren't.

10 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

I feel the same way about Wonderful 101 tbh. I know what put me off that game was the horrible controls e.g. drawing the whip on the gamepad when you want to use the whip. For some reason, the gamepad wouldn't register my drawing accurately and I would often die. I'm curious to see how an essential game mechanic like that would alter if the game gets a Switch release. I may buy it again to try it out, although it probably won't be a Day 1 purchase for me.

As for Bayonetta, I am definitely going to get that day 1. I bought the double pack with Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 when it was released on the Switch and enjoyed both games. I'm hoping this is just Platinum Games threading the waters to see if there is demand for Bayonetta 3. The various games forums out there say there is - the sales of Bayonetta 2 say there aren't.

You have a point about the controls in Wonderful 101. They can be frustrating for sure. I guess I should delay playing the game (and Bayonetta 2) for now in case they get ported. :)

Also, surely you meant that you bought the double pack on the Wii U? :P

I really loved Bayonetta on PS3 so I will play Bayonetta 2 at some point, whether it's on Wii U or Switch. I do understand that a third game may be a long shot, but Nintendo rarely follows common business wisdom, which is why they funded the second game. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll publish a third too? We need some good news for Platinum after the disappointing cancellation of Scalebound.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I have Flipnote Studio 3D already too. Thanks for the generous offer though!

10 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

D'oh 1f630.png

Maybe I'm from the future. That's how I bought the double pack on the Switch.

I choose to blindly accept your claims and look forward to the Switch port. I watch enough Doctor Who to find it believable. :yay:

I would probably play Bayonetta again on Switch... but at this point I'd be happy with just 2 (and 3!).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

So excited for Splatoon 2 this Friday! I got the game, headset and all the Splatoon amiibos (and others)  reserved and so hyped to get them on Friday \o/

Heh, same! We have reserved the game and the 3 new Splatoon amiibos. Also going to eat fried squid rings on Friday. ?