Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

So I finally added my third Switch game Voez. I love rhythm games and am a major Hatsune Miku, Persona 4 DAN, (and recent IA/VT) convert on PS. And I must say this is different to anything I have played before. It is sort of like playing a piano at times as the line splits requiring the use of all fingers. It looks great and has a whopping 400+ songs ( take that Miku ). Only spent a few hours in it so look forward to seeing how the difficulty ramps but loving it a lot.

Delved a little further into Zelda too. Primarly because I have been taking the Switch portable on my work travels and I must say I do enjoy playing it out of the dock. At this stage I prefer still using the pro controller and propping it up, the joycon things don't really do it for me ?.

Hope allmhaving fun, and I am cointuing to enjoy reading this site. My next Switch purchase will be Mario / Rabids game, can't wait ?

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 1:25 PM, Eyjabria said:

Both me and my husband are enjoying Splatoon 2 a lot as well. I played Turf Wars until 1:30 AM last night and got my inkling to lv 8. Even tried playing with a slosher for the first time and I kind of liked it except it wasn't that good for covering turf. Oh, and also ordered some gear from SplatNet. Now I'm going to try Salmon Run. Here's my current fashionable getup.

DFW5nrMU0AA5bm-.jpg

What type of weapon do you usually use? 

I wanted that headset because it looks really cool but can't find any retailer selling it here. I'll have to see if I need to order it abroad. Didn't know it's that affordable.

I started with the Splatroller at first, but then started using the Aerospray because I kept getting wrecked by it... lol.

On 7/22/2017 at 2:04 PM, Miles_Warren said:

Not sure how to copy and paste an image from Amazon like you just did @DuckSwimmer but I just looked up the item you bought from Amazon. Underneath the product details is the message "usually dispatched within 1 or 2 months".

I am afraid you could be waiting a while for that headset...

.........god damn it. It's always fun and games with Nintendo incorporates a feature into their game and their app and the product needed to use it isn't ready.. sigh.

7 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy seems like Retro City Rampage DX will release on Switch this Thursday...

Sudden move, that. Wanna bet Shakedown Hawaii will be out before August is over?

Saw that. Also saw they want 22.50 for the game. I love the thing and the second I saw it's logo on the coming soon screen I was pretty interested, but 22.50? It's 15 on the PSN, I think it's like 800 points on Wii  which is around 8 bucks if I recall, I don't remember the 3DS price since I got it from Humble Bundle there, but I remember the whole bundle was less than 22.50, and I did BTA.

Anyway, throw in the fact it's ALWAYS on sale on PSN for around 2 or 3 bucks (what I paid there), and throw in the fact that gets you 4 different versions, well, 22.50, as much as I love the game, just isn't justifiable for my 6th digital copy. I'll buy it the second it hits 5 bucks or under though.

I hope it comes out soon. And I hope this sucker goes on sale when it does. I'm always down for some dumb dumb double dipping, but usually because it's years later and the second copy will only run me a couple bucks, for 22.50 I could buy a couple of Neo Geos and have enough change left over to buy RCR when it inevitably goes on sale.

Splatoon 2 is the highest selling Switch game in Japan in just 3 days. The sales are... off the hook. :awesome:

"Splatoon 2 sold 670,955 copies within its first three days of release in Japan, according to Famitsu numbers, making it both the biggest debut for a Switch title and highest selling Switch title to date. This number includes physical game copies, download cards, and Splatoon 2 Switch hardware bundles, but does not include digital sales." 
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/splatoon-2-sold-670955-units-within-first-three-days-japan

From the comments of the article:

Launch sales comparison:

Zelda BotW: 187,000
1 2 Switch: 80,000
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: 284,000
Arms: 100,000

Zelda BOTW + 1 2 Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Arms: 651,000
Splatoon 2: 671,000

• Like 1

*jumps on the eShop for the first time in a few days*

>Oh cool, Namco Museum is out, I wanted that but 40 is too much.

>>What's this? FREE MULTIPLAYER VERSION!?!!?!?

>>>Oh, it's just so you can play Pac-Man Versus with people who bought the full game. 

The amount of joy generated in a few seconds was probably a record for me, or at least up there, but the crushing of said joy is definitely a record too.

You might say it's a con, of having joy? A joy con. Heh.

Also, is the play counter thing working for everyone on here?

I had a Japanese account on mine then reformatted everything to get rid of the Japanese news (no other way at the moment to do so) and that was a couple weeks back. Since then nothing has hit  anything beyond played for a few minutes, and 3 of the games I just played then, all of which properly loaded my save files, which had the games completed in their entirety, apparently were just played for the first time ever.

It's weird. Anyone else had this problem or? I know others on the internet have, thanks Google, just wandering if y'all have run into this.

11 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Also, is the play counter thing working for everyone on here?

I had a Japanese account on mine then reformatted everything to get rid of the Japanese news (no other way at the moment to do so) and that was a couple weeks back. Since then nothing has hit  anything beyond played for a few minutes, and 3 of the games I just played then, all of which properly loaded my save files, which had the games completed in their entirety, apparently were just played for the first time ever.

It's weird. Anyone else had this problem or? I know others on the internet have, thanks Google, just wandering if y'all have run into this.

I have wanted to get rid of the Japanese news since day one.  Might hold off now to see what happens.

5 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I have wanted to get rid of the Japanese news since day one.  Might hold off now to see what happens.

I ended up clearing my play log thing entirely with the hopes that when I relaunch a game the proper time will come up. Well, NBA that's been stuck on 30 hours for a week and a half now has been played for a few minutes. 

Anyway, if you care about your activity log, you might be fucked.

I half cared, it was nice to look at and all, but I only really saw it because it was right there on your profile. 3DS and Wii U had more detailed and overall better activity logs, but because you had to actually launch them I went in there like twice over the years and never again. Kinda wish (selfishly) that it was the same on the Switch, then I'd never have known about this whole fiasco.

Japan store was not worth this. I found like one cool demo that was fun for five minutes then I got bored and left. Maybe there'll be more cool stuff in the future, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I ended up clearing my play log thing entirely with the hopes that when I relaunch a game the proper time will come up. Well, NBA that's been stuck on 30 hours for a week and a half now has been played for a few minutes. 

Anyway, if you care about your activity log, you might be fucked.

I half cared, it was nice to look at and all, but I only really saw it because it was right there on your profile. 3DS and Wii U had more detailed and overall better activity logs, but because you had to actually launch them I went in there like twice over the years and never again. Kinda wish (selfishly) that it was the same on the Switch, then I'd never have known about this whole fiasco.

Japan store was not worth this. I found like one cool demo that was fun for five minutes then I got bored and left. Maybe there'll be more cool stuff in the future, I'm sure.

Yeah, I thought about it and I really don't care if I can see how long I've played something.  I mean it's either a really long time or it's not.  I've played Zelda for a really long time.  I haven't played Kamiko that long.  I think that's good enough for me.  

The Japanese news is too much, I hate going in a "reading" so I don't have the little dot indicating new news.  

I'll clear it up here in a bit.  If I can figure out how to do it without deleting my saves of course.

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, I thought about it and I really don't care if I can see how long I've played something.  I mean it's either a really long time or it's not.  I've played Zelda for a really long time.  I haven't played Kamiko that long.  I think that's good enough for me.  

The Japanese news is too much, I hate going in a "reading" so I don't have the little dot indicating new news.  

I'll clear it up here in a bit.  If I can figure out how to do it without deleting my saves of course.

Despite beating it a day or two after it's release, Kamiko was apparently first fired up about an hour ago for me.

You can clear your play log thing without deleting saves. And as far as reformating the whole machine goes, it didn't delete any of my saves. I was pretty damn worried, especially since at the time I was like an hour or so away from finally taking on Calamity Ganon, but all my saves were still there. Had to redownload / reinstall all my shit, but the saves were still there. If it's that much of an issue for you, reformat your machine and feel no need to worry about the saves disappearing. 

• Like 1

On 25-7-2017 at 1:16 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Saw that. Also saw they want 22.50 for the game. I love the thing and the second I saw it's logo on the coming soon screen I was pretty interested, but 22.50? It's 15 on the PSN, I think it's like 800 points on Wii  which is around 8 bucks if I recall, I don't remember the 3DS price since I got it from Humble Bundle there, but I remember the whole bundle was less than 22.50, and I did BTA.

Anyway, throw in the fact it's ALWAYS on sale on PSN for around 2 or 3 bucks (what I paid there), and throw in the fact that gets you 4 different versions, well, 22.50, as much as I love the game, just isn't justifiable for my 6th digital copy. I'll buy it the second it hits 5 bucks or under though.

I hope it comes out soon. And I hope this sucker goes on sale when it does. I'm always down for some dumb dumb double dipping, but usually because it's years later and the second copy will only run me a couple bucks, for 22.50 I could buy a couple of Neo Geos and have enough change left over to buy RCR when it inevitably goes on sale.

Well, actually I was not talking about buying Retro City Rampage, I was talking about how that getting on the eShop probably means Shakedown Hawaii is close to being released.

I'm interested in Shakedown Hawaii, RCR not that much. I'm not really into 8-bit stuff, 16-bit usually is the very least I can stand (even back in the day, I never got a NES but I got a SNES and I did not get a Game Boy until the Advance, but I probably said this already).

I may get RCR on the Switch if it's cheap but I wouldn't count on me getting it soon since I've had my summer holiday and I have enough other things to play now. If ti was on for €10 before/during my holiday then I might have bought it.

I still don't see Retro City Rampage on the eShop though, must've been delayed, at least for Europe.

In other news, it's been ten days since buying Death Squared and Bulb Boy, apparently I spent over five hours in Death Squared already. Really a great game.

Still got Snake Pass, Bulb Boy and Blaster Master Zero in my backlog. Will get through Snake Pass in the next weeks I think, and I want to do Bulb Boy in one go so I'm trying to save it for an empty day.

Damn, Splatoon 2 is a great game. I could seriously play this for hours and have no intention of putting it down. I was planning on getting Mario x Rabbids later this month but I may have to wait until next month to get it. I imagine I will still be playing Splatoon for the next while.

• Like 1

Graceful Explosion Machine's channel says it's on sale for 30% off. I can't view the price as I've bought it and all it says is purchased.

Great game, enjoyed it thoroughly, would recommend if the price is right for you.

Bring on my free copy of Shaq Fu 2, that trophy list has been up for an eternity.

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Damn, Splatoon 2 is a great game. I could seriously play this for hours and have no intention of putting it down. I was planning on getting Mario x Rabbids later this month but I may have to wait until next month to get it. I imagine I will still be playing Splatoon for the next while.

Yeah, Splatoon 2 is the bomb! Husbando won't be getting a chance to continue playing Zelda in a while because our Switch is now a Splatoon machine. For now we've taken turns to play it, though we considered getting another Switch in hopes of playing Salmon Run together.

The only sad thing about Splatoon 2 is they decided not to include many great abilities from the first game like Bomb Sniffer. Also they seem to have changed/combined some abilities and I'm still not certain how they actually work. I used to have gear that allowed me to have new specials loaded by the time I finished my earlier specials. Now it seems the specials don't charge up while you're using your specials. :shakefist:

• Like 1

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/random_gamecube_listings_on_nintendo_websites_raise_hopes_for_switch_but_dont_get_too_excited

Me: This is gonna be stupid, it's gonna amount to nothing, but I'm bored in class so, fuck it.

Me half a minute later: Hmm, only 4 games listed, I mean, it could be, who knows, still doubt it.

Me another half minute later: HOLY SHIT TONY HAWK UNDERGROUND 2! Ignore the fact it's the first downhill entry in the series and signaled a never ending downfall, it's got a classic mode in it and Tony Hawk on Switch?!?! YUP THIS ARTICLE IS CONFIRMED 100% LEGIT M8 FOR REALSIES DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME OTHERWISE YOU SON OF A BITCH!

________

Well, I guess I found out I really want Tony Hawk on Switch. Congrats Activision, I've lost count of how many series you own that I want to just buy on every machine I have, idiots like me are why you are crazy rich. Also please bring the OG Hawkman quadrilogy to the Switch. Fuck rights negotiations, fuck lapsed contracts, just do it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Graceful Explosion Machine's channel says it's on sale for 30% off. I can't view the price as I've bought it and all it says is purchased.

Great game, enjoyed it thoroughly, would recommend if the price is right for you.

Thanks for the heads up! Not normally my type of game, but keep hearing good things and that's a great price to fall off the fence for. Good looking out ??

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/random_gamecube_listings_on_nintendo_websites_raise_hopes_for_switch_but_dont_get_too_excited

Me: This is gonna be stupid, it's gonna amount to nothing, but I'm bored in class so, fuck it.

Me half a minute later: Hmm, only 4 games listed, I mean, it could be, who knows, still doubt it.

Me another half minute later: HOLY SHIT TONY HAWK UNDERGROUND 2! Ignore the fact it's the first downhill entry in the series and signaled a never ending downfall, it's got a classic mode in it and Tony Hawk on Switch?!?! YUP THIS ARTICLE IS CONFIRMED 100% LEGIT M8 FOR REALSIES DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME OTHERWISE YOU SON OF A BITCH!

________

Well, I guess I found out I really want Tony Hawk on Switch. Congrats Activision, I've lost count of how many series you own that I want to just buy on every machine I have, idiots like me are why you are crazy rich. Also please bring the OG Hawkman quadrilogy to the Switch. Fuck rights negotiations, fuck lapsed contracts, just do it.

Went to the Nintendo Europe website and there is 150 pages worth of games listed. I'll just take the articles word that they are up there because there is no way I am going to find them myself lol I do think it is about time Nintendo came out and told us about the online service and virtual console. Last I heard, they had plans to launch a Netflix style service full of NES games with SNES to follow. The fact that there are only 4 Gamecube games listed suggests to me that Nintendo are just testing the water with these titles before we start seeing more GC releases in the future such as Resi 4, Smash Melee and others.

BTW, you called Underground 2 the first downhill entry in the series. I've never played a Tony Hawk game before but I always thought that Underground 2 was the best game in the series the way some fans go on about it. Or am I getting it confused with another title? :/

15 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

BTW, you called Underground 2 the first downhill entry in the series. I've never played a Tony Hawk game before but I always thought that Underground 2 was the best game in the series the way some fans go on about it. Or am I getting it confused with another title? :/

THUG 2 in terms of gameplay is great. It's got the old school button smashing combos and the balancing systems are perfected, you can also run around and throw shit but that's more of a side thing. THUG 2's core mechanics and shit, are probably the best in the entire series (I prefer American Wasteland's, but it adds very little over THUG 2) and that's probably got a lot to do with perception in fans. The soundtrack has a few rockin' songs, not as many as other entries, but the soundtrack is a bit varied and that's cool so the music is more or less up to snuff. Classic Mode is a GREAT introduction in this entry, it takes the levels from the new game and gives you 2 minutes and scatters about classic goals like high scores and hidden VHS tapes, it's awesome.

From that aspect it's quite alright. A bunch of skaters, a bunch more hidden skaters, a large amount of levels, perfected finely tuned trick systems and balancing is right on, everything so far is good, right?

For 2000.

The first 4 games are very basic. They are just the 2 minute arcade challenges around all the levels. They are beautiful and I love them v much. The next entry, Underground 1, tried to add a story mode into the mix. It also let you get off your board and fuck around on foot for the first time. For the most part, it's quite good too. The story is basic but enjoyable, and gives purpose to your globetrotting adventures, but the way the missions are set up is a lot different to the old school games. For one, there's a lot more variety in them, not just a high, pro, and sick score to beat, not just the odd little thing, but each level has a good 10/15 missions to do and it experiments a bit more. There's one in the first level where you skitch a dog or something, it's interesting at least. Anyway, THUG 1 deviated from the formula a lot, and it was a very different game, but the series could do with some reinvention after 3 games that were effectively the same game different level and a 4th that tried to be open world but was basically the same game with the 2 minute clock removed. 

THUG 2 tried harder to be it's own thing. And that in itself isn't a bad thing, but making the story just be Tony and Bam fucking Margera (yuck) go around the world being dicks to everyone for the whole thing is kind of shit. THUG 1 proved that the series couldn't last forever as an arcade style game and that it knew it needed to be more, THUG 2 proved that they weren't sure what more was. The whole story revolves around the "World Destruction Tour" with Tony and Bam and you have to go be an asshole for various different people with a little bit of arcade skate sesh in the middle here and there. It's story is just pathetic, but it was in the height of the Jackass craze and Bam was already most of the previous games so I see how they thought it would work, but it didn't. I'm aware I'm not laying down too many points and kind of rambling right now, but it's been years since I've played Underground 2, meanwhile I was playing THPS 3 as recently as a week back. Hell, I was looking at buying a Dreamcast the other day just to play a new version of THPS 1 and 2. Classic Mode is the saving grace of Underground 2. Basically, Underground 1 deviated from the proved formula and showed that there was room for improvement and that the game could be more. Underground 2 tried to do more and ended up with you pressing square to throw a tomato at someone more than pressing square to do a kickflip.

American Wasteland came along a year or two later with a better story, slightly tweaked gameplay mechanics, and an actual open world (albeit with corridor style areas between sections with were obviously there to cover load times). American Wasteland is what Underground 2 should have been in my opinion, and when it cops all the negative shit it does I feel a bit sad, but when people bash it and then go on to applaud the mess that preceded it, I just get confused. THPS laid the framework, then iterated on itself for it's 4 entries, before Underground shifted some shit around and fixed things up. Underground 2 then came in as some sort of confused angry teenage brother to the series at this point and was just an asshole to everyone. American Wasteland in that sense would be the older, wiser, cooler brother coming home from university or something. 

But from there it all went haywire. Project 8 and Proving Ground weren't bad, but they were completely different and tried to reinvent the series way too much, the controls and entire style of play are way heavier and, as with a lot of game series as they dived headfirst into the PS360 generation, they lost themselves in a sea of dark grey realism. Tony Hawk was no longer a fun pop punk happy arcade smasher, but a dark and dreary press R2 every time you wanna kick mess. I don't get into the Skate games, I revert (heh) to the older Tony Hawks myself, but I can see why people got into Skate and left the Hawkman. Then you've got the peripheral based ones and the less said about them the better, and that brings us to 2012. THPS HD came out, decent enough remake of parts of the first two, nothing special, but dem graphics were nice. Few years later they managed to get hopes high again by busting out a big number 5 for the THPS series and instead dropped a game with the gameplay of THPS 2 with added reverts and called it a day. Number 5 is a piece of shit, not bad, it's just shit all things considered. No story, short levels (that are half the time based off the template of earlier better levels anyway), broken online, and game mechanics literally from the last millennium. Plus all dem glitches.

In short. To sum all this up. Tony Hawk Pro Skater was dope. Underground was alright with room for improvement. Underground 2 improved nothing. American Wasteland was the improved version of Undergound that should have got the name THUG 2. Then the series spent a few years trying to find itself before it realized things were better before Underground 2 and did both a remake and a sequel to the original series. If the remake and sequel weren't shit for the most part, who knows, we could have an Underground 3 now that actually delivers on the potential of the first game to expand the series beyond the core of the original quadrilogy...

without it just being a playable season of Jackass outtakes.