Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

In case Splatoon 2 players haven't noticed yet, they added a new weapon Splat Brella today! 

tumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

"It features a completely different combat style than any other weapon type. Inklings can use it to scatter ink before them by firing. However, by holding the ZR button, the umbrella will open up and shield them from enemy attacks. But if that wasn’t enough, holding ZR even longer will launch the umbrella shield, blocking attacks as it zooms ahead. Completing this set is the Sprinkler sub weapon and the Ink Storm special…to rain on opponents’ parade."

Source: Live from Squid Research Lab

Hi, I'm Dylan, and today, I got me a copy of Vroom in the Night Sky.

An hour or so of play time in, and I'm actually having fun with it. Definitely a chill game, it's fun to just fly around aimlessly when you wanna play a game but it's like 11:30 and you know you ought to head to sleep soon so you don't wanna play something that will wake you up too much. Now we wait for it to finally go on sale right after I bought it.

5 minutes ago, blazeaire said:

Sonic Mania is really good! Starts off a little slow especially in the first 2 zones but it really opened up after that to be really fun and this is coming from someone who has never played the classic 2D Sonic ones

Heck yeah, boi!

I'm pretty well at the end, been cruising through here and there and only got a couple zones left. It's a blast. Definitely glad I opted to grab it on the Switch, it's so good as a portable game, then when you dock it, it feels legit too.

Only complaint so far is I've got used to the luxuries of all the modern ports of old Sonic, namely, save states. The amount of times I've died on a zone 2 boss in this and had to replay the whole zone is more than I would like to admit. Not really a complaint though, as the OG Sonics didn't even give you this much, you'd have to restart the whole bloody thing when you kick the bucket one too many times, I know, I'm just a pampered little modern gamer when it comes to saving and save states in particular. TBH I think save states would actually destroy a bit of the game as I'd be saving every minute or so I make some serious progress and that would destroy the sense of speed, but I would like if I only had to restart the level I'm on, not the whole zone. Spending a good ten minutes to get from the start to the end of a zone, only to get fucked up and die 3 times in 30 seconds and do it all over again does get a bit frustrating. But again, it's just me being a bitch, the game is by no means hard and the bosses are pretty easy to figure out pretty quick.

How good was the Puyo Puyo boss at the end of zone 2 though?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, blazeaire said:

Sonic Mania is really good! Starts off a little slow especially in the first 2 zones but it really opened up after that to be really fun and this is coming from someone who has never played the classic 2D Sonic ones

My friend is a big Sonic fan and he said Sonic Mania is one of the best Sonic games in the last 20 years. It's a great game for the Switch library and a great entry to the Sonic franchise. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to get into Sonic. I've played two of his games before and each time I just can't motivate myself to finish them.

Is there something wrong with me? :(

On 12/08/2017 at 8:09 PM, Eyjabria said:

In case Splatoon 2 players haven't noticed yet, they added a new weapon Splat Brella today! 

tumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno3_1280.jpgtumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno2_1280.jpgtumblr_ouj6bnBa0r1u3akyno4_1280.jpg

"It features a completely different combat style than any other weapon type. Inklings can use it to scatter ink before them by firing. However, by holding the ZR button, the umbrella will open up and shield them from enemy attacks. But if that wasn’t enough, holding ZR even longer will launch the umbrella shield, blocking attacks as it zooms ahead. Completing this set is the Sprinkler sub weapon and the Ink Storm special…to rain on opponents’ parade."

Source: Live from Squid Research Lab

That could either be a great weapon to have in a match and it could be annoying as &^%^ to play against when enemies have it. I've been away from the Switch since the weekend but I think it is time I got back into it.

49 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Heck yeah, boi!

I'm pretty well at the end, been cruising through here and there and only got a couple zones left. It's a blast. Definitely glad I opted to grab it on the Switch, it's so good as a portable game, then when you dock it, it feels legit too.

Only complaint so far is I've got used to the luxuries of all the modern ports of old Sonic, namely, save states. The amount of times I've died on a zone 2 boss in this and had to replay the whole zone is more than I would like to admit. Not really a complaint though, as the OG Sonics didn't even give you this much, you'd have to restart the whole bloody thing when you kick the bucket one too many times, I know, I'm just a pampered little modern gamer when it comes to saving and save states in particular. TBH I think save states would actually destroy a bit of the game as I'd be saving every minute or so I make some serious progress and that would destroy the sense of speed, but I would like if I only had to restart the level I'm on, not the whole zone. Spending a good ten minutes to get from the start to the end of a zone, only to get fucked up and die 3 times in 30 seconds and do it all over again does get a bit frustrating. But again, it's just me being a bitch, the game is by no means hard and the bosses are pretty easy to figure out pretty quick.

How good was the Puyo Puyo boss at the end of zone 2 though?

Haha yeah I'm terrible at Puyo Puyo though so no idea how I managed to win xD And yeah I do wish it would save at start of Zone 2 instead of one when you get a game over, the bosses don't seem too difficult though but I'm only at the 5th stage or something.

35 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

My friend is a big Sonic fan and he said Sonic Mania is one of the best Sonic games in the last 20 years. It's a great game for the Switch library and a great entry to the Sonic franchise. Unfortunately I just haven't been able to get into Sonic. I've played two of his games before and each time I just can't motivate myself to finish them.

That could either be a great weapon to have in a match and it could be annoying as &^%^ to play against when enemies have it. I've been away from the Switch since the weekend but I think it is time I got back into it.

Nah different strokes for different folks and all that, there are many popular games I can't get into either and I think if you're not into 2D platformers much it's probably not for you

I've rebooted the old Switch It Up challenge / thread. This time with prizes and shit. Hit it up if you wanna be competitive about yo Switch. 

Just because it has no trophies or achievements, does not mean you can't take to the internet and brag about how many games you've beat on it.

• 2 weeks later...

At the final moment, due to some random luck I managed to get a collector's edition for Mario + Rabbids. I was in doubt for a few days after the initial announcement and by the time I was sure they had already run out; Ubisoft did not anticipate how many people would want a Rabbid Mario statuette...

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a lot of fun, for what little I played (at the start of 1-5 now after just over an hour and a half of playing). It's the first RTS I've bought day one. Really liking the combination of the beautiful worlds of Mario with the zany antics of the Rabbids. It really feels like a legit Nintendo game, props to Ubisoft. As I said elsewhere, I think this is the best new single player Mario game in a new genre since Super Mario RPG on the SNES.

There's a new Nindies trailer. Some interesting titles in there...

Spoiler

Also, there's a Pokken Tournament DX demo on the eShop. Downloading it right now to see if it's fun, I'm not really tempted to buy it but if the gameplay is good I still might, once it's a bit cheaper.

Also, forgot to mention it yesterday but I also bought forma.8 - an indie MetroidVania game. Played a couple of minutes before starting on Mario + Rabbids, really liked it.

10 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I can't watch that trailer as I am in work but I am just hoping we get release dates for Flipping Death and Escapists 2.

Flipping Death was in there. Not a single release date in the trailer though, just a taste of what's to come, couple of seconds per game.

Just played through Bulb Boy. Wanted to cannonball it and I finally felt like playing it at a moment where I had enough time.

I thought it was loads of fun but I'm hesitant about recommending it because it's for a niche audience. It's kind of horror, kind of gross at times, it's a puzzle point and click game and it's over in two hours, three tops.

Personally, I thought it was worth the €8 as it was very unique and I appreciated all its quirks.

Splatoon 2 Splatfest about what's a better superpower Flying or Invisibility starts in a few hours! I'll be in Team Flying. Hope to see you there!

There's also a new weapon, Forge Splattershot Pro with a new special Bubble Blower. I was quite bad at using the new Splattershot and the special needs some fine tuning IMO. The bubbles take too long to explode so it's quite hard to get opponents splatted with it.

More people should be talking about Mario + Rabbids. The more I play it, the more I love it. Great Mario game, great Ubisoft game, great Rabbids game.

BWAAAAAH!

tumblr_ovjk12CHiC1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg

On 16-8-2017 at 9:26 AM, blazeaire said:

On 16-8-2017 at 9:35 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Heck yeah, boi!

On 16-8-2017 at 9:53 AM, Miles_Warren said:

On 16-8-2017 at 10:30 AM, blazeaire said:

Nah different strokes for different folks and all that, there are many popular games I can't get into either and I think if you're not into 2D platformers much it's probably not for you

I've been thinking about it and I'm just about ready to buy Sonic Mania, I think. I've never played that much of Sonic but it always seems like something I'd enjoy. I really like platformers, and I enjoyed Sonic & Knuckles and Sonic Generations, enough to want to play more of the franchise.

I bought Mario+Rabbids on Friday along with the Splatoon Pro Controller. I have to say I am really enjoying the game and it is definitely one of the surprise hits of the year. I wasn't one of those who was thrashing the game when it was first leaked, but at the same time I completely wrote it off and thought it would be one of those games I would pass on. That all changed when I saw the E3 gameplay. I knew this was a must buy for the Switch console. The support this game is getting from Switch owner is amazing and I really hope it sells well enough for Ubisoft (and Nintendo!) to consider it a success.

On 04/09/2017 at 0:39 PM, Miles_Warren said:

I bought Mario+Rabbids on Friday along with the Splatoon Pro Controller. I have to say I am really enjoying the game and it is definitely one of the surprise hits of the year. I wasn't one of those who was thrashing the game when it was first leaked, but at the same time I completely wrote it off and thought it would be one of those games I would pass on. That all changed when I saw the E3 gameplay. I knew this was a must buy for the Switch console. The support this game is getting from Switch owner is amazing and I really hope it sells well enough for Ubisoft (and Nintendo!) to consider it a success.

I never trashed the game (is it me or is it "cool" to hate the Rabbids these days? I always liked their ADHD antics and thought Raving Rabbids 2 was one of the best party videogames ever), but it being RTS meant I was not interested right away myself as I'm usually not into this genre. I think this is actually the first RTS game that I've played more of than just the first hour or two.

In other news another Nindies Showcase...

Spoiler

Not much in it for me this time around, except for Super Meat Boy Forever, Shovel Knight: King Of Cards and SteamWorld Dig 2.

On 9/4/2017 at 5:35 AM, BillyHorrible said:

More people should be talking about Mario + Rabbids. The more I play it, the more I love it. Great Mario game, great Ubisoft game, great Rabbids game.

BWAAAAAH!

tumblr_ovjk12CHiC1rhnd8ro5_1280.jpg

DUDE I WAS DYING WHEN I SAW THAT HE DID THAT. YES! PEOPLE SHOULD TALK ABOUT MARIO + RABBIDS! 

@BillyHorrible I remember you mentioning something you wasn't going to get the game, now I know you love it! xD Are you getting Super Mario Odyssey as well? I cannot wait. xD

Edited by syumisan

7 hours ago, syumisan said:

DUDE I WAS DYING WHEN I SAW THAT HE DID THAT. YES! PEOPLE SHOULD TALK ABOUT MARIO + RABBIDS! 

@BillyHorrible I remember you mentioning something you wasn't going to get the game, now I know you love it! xD Are you getting Super Mario Odyssey as well? I cannot wait. xD

Yeah, though I like the Rabbids and Mario, RTS is just nothing for me, this is the first RTS game I'm really into. I only got it day one because as luck would have it, one of the collector's edition pre-orders was cancelled on in the shop I buy at and I love me that Rabbid Mario statuette. Very glad I bought the game.

Yeah I'm getting Odyssey, and at the same day Assassin's Creed Origins releases so I'm taking the Friday and Monday off of work then. Looking forward to it but before then there's also the new South Park...

7 hours ago, A-Brawl3r said:

I just got a Switch

Hello my brothers and sisters 

5 hours ago, TheFinalEmblem said:

Went out today and got a Switch, finally! Bought Breath of the Wild with it and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the family, y'all! First Nintendo console? Which games do you plan on getting? @TheFinalEmblem enjoy Breath Of The Wild, before it the only Zelda game I loved was Ocarina Of Time so I didn't expect much going in, but I think this might be the best game ever.