Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

38 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

At least I'm not the only one. :)

I would not ask my worst enemy to play through Battletoads without abusing save states. 

According to Wikipedia, none of the GBA games were ever released on 3DS (and I've never seen them on my 3DS eStore, which I check every Thursday or Friday for updates). I think the NES ones were eventually released to everyone though. Anyway, from what I heard (I'm not an ambassador), the free ambassador games were not full-fledged VC games but something in between the features of Wii VC and 3DS VC (for example, they don't have save states). 

I went ahead and ordered Breath of the Wild (regular edition) and a Switch carrying case from Best Buy, for the unlikely event that I get my hands on a Switch at launch. If not, I can always cancel or return my order. 

Oh yeah, those weren't on 3DS, but on Wii U... anyway, people got annoyed those were now available as VC titles for ANYONE else at all.

As for the ambassador games, yeah, they don't have save states but play and save like booting up "regular" games (also Wii VC had save states?). If you press the home button you'll have to shut down the game before you go back to the menu

Edited by Zanreo

4 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Oh yeah, those weren't on 3DS, but on Wii U... anyway, people got annoyed those were now available as VC titles for ANYONE else at all.

As for the ambassador games, yeah, they don't have save states but play and save like booting up "regular" games (also Wii VC had save states?). If you press the home button you'll have to shut down the game before you go back to the menu

Well that's just dumb that people got annoyed. I understand that people felt like they deserved something since the 3DS later got a price cut (that's when I bought mine in fact), but they should be happy they got to play them early. Games being available to more people is a good thing. 

The Wii VC does a suspend/resume save state. It is changed every time you quit the game. So you can't do what you can with 3DS and Wii U, which is save right before a tough boss, get killed, then reload that save state. On Wii you'd be making a new save when you exit the game and there isn't a way to reload the previous save once you already have. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Game_saves_and_save_data

The cool thing about the Wii U (and I think 3DS) VC is that it supported save states plus the Wii VC suspend/resume feature. So people that don't want to abuse reloadable save states don't have to, and those that want the ability have it available. Hopefully the Switch will continue that pattern. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

Huh ok, I must have remembered it wrong then... maybe it's different on Wii played through Wii U? Since I transferred my Wii info over, and I remember loading the same savestate over and over...

And yeah, not only did they get to play them early but they also got all 10 for free...

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I went ahead and ordered Breath of the Wild (regular edition) and a Switch carrying case from Best Buy, for the unlikely event that I get my hands on a Switch at launch. If not, I can always cancel or return my order. 

I might go into the rest of the thread but for now: I've been skimming the web a bit and apparently a store like Toys'R'Us does not do pre-orders so if you camp outside one starting an hour or three before they open... Also apparently there's a store chain called FYE that actually does pre-orders and people don't seem to know that so very little of their day one supply has already been called for.

Hope this helps...

Also yeah I pre-ordered a Zelda carrying case.

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I might go into the rest of the thread but for now: I've been skimming the web a bit and apparently a store like Toys'R'Us does not do pre-orders so if you camp outside one starting an hour or three before they open... Also apparently there's a store chain called FYE that actually does pre-orders and people don't seem to know that so very little of their day one supply has already been called for.

Hope this helps...

Also yeah I pre-ordered a Zelda carrying case.

Thanks for the info. I'm not too eager to camp outside a store in early March (or anytime really), especially since the weather will likely be bad. But it's good to know that could be an option if push comes to shove. 

There are no FYEs around my house or my work (which is a about an hour's commute away), but there is a FYE in the mall by my parent's house (which is funny because it is the most rural of the 3 areas, I'm actually surprised that location is still in business). I'm actually visiting my parents on Saturday, so I'll call ahead and see if it's worth stopping by that FYE. 

Also, wow, the launch is only 3 weeks from tomorrow (Friday 2/10)! That date crept up fast! 

I've pre ordered the console with Breath of the Wild limited edition (and a few of the new Amiibo). The only other launch game I'm interested in is Bomberman, seeing as its full price though means I'll probably pass for now. Really hope they plan on releasing some GC games at launch on the eshop.

So, I just sold my Vita...

I've been playing less and less on it this past year. Even on my last two holidays I've barely used it, and when I did it was mostly because "I just HAVE to play on it once in a while to get through those PS+ games" or because I wanted to play on my PS4 but did not have a television available. I'm saving for my Switch now so I'm selling some stuff, and I realised that once I own a Switch I would probably not even take the Vita with me any more. Better figure this out now and use it to fund the Switch than to realise it two years later...

A game store gave me a trade in value of just €25 less than I paid for it in a store two years ago and I only used it for PS+ games and PS4 gaming on holidays so I think it's money well spent. It has now funded Zelda and half of a double joy pack.

Thanks to trading games and my Vita I actually have much covered right now. Zelda and a double joy pack are completely covered, and I've paid for over half of the Switch. Still need to figure out if I want a pro controller and a charging grip... Probably no at first on the last one, still a maybe on the pro controller.

On 09/02/2017 at 3:31 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Thanks for the info. I'm not too eager to camp outside a store in early March (or anytime really), especially since the weather will likely be bad. But it's good to know that could be an option if push comes to shove. 

There are no FYEs around my house or my work (which is a about an hour's commute away), but there is a FYE in the mall by my parent's house (which is funny because it is the most rural of the 3 areas, I'm actually surprised that location is still in business). I'm actually visiting my parents on Saturday, so I'll call ahead and see if it's worth stopping by that FYE. 

Also, wow, the launch is only 3 weeks from tomorrow (Friday 2/10)! That date crept up fast! 

Might want to go to GameStop today, somehow they're randomly giving away 1000 openings to pre-order a Switch...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-randomly-selecting-1000-people-today-to-p/1100

On 2/10/2017 at 7:01 PM, BillyHorrible said:

So, I just sold my Vita...

You should have sold it to me, I could use a third one. :P

Anyway, you got a good trade in value, so I guess that's cool. The Vita fan in me is silently weeping though... 

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Might want to go to GameStop today, somehow they're randomly giving away 1000 openings to pre-order a Switch...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-randomly-selecting-1000-people-today-to-p/1100

I heard about that; it's one of the silliest promotions I've ever heard of. If I'm entering a sweepstakes, I better be eligible to get a FREE Switch. GameStop can be pretty ridiculous. 

Anyway, thanks for the heads up but I was not interested in that promotion, and of course it's too late now. 

32 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Anyway, you got a good trade in value, so I guess that's cool. The Vita fan in me is silently weeping though... 

I heard about that; it's one of the silliest promotions I've ever heard of. If I'm entering a sweepstakes, I better be eligible to get a FREE Switch. GameStop can be pretty ridiculous. 

Anyway, thanks for the heads up but I was not interested in that promotion, and of course it's too late now. 

Why? Switch pre-orders sold out very quickly and thousands of people who want the system are not able to get it day one because of that, GameStop is giving people the chance to get the system now whereas previously they would've been out of luck. If GameStop had stopped allowing pre-orders before their allotment ran out to do this sweepstakes I'd agree that it is pretty stupid, I've not read that that was the case though.

Parker

6 hours ago, Parker said:

Why? Switch pre-orders sold out very quickly and thousands of people who want the system are not able to get it day one because of that, GameStop is giving people the chance to get the system now whereas previously they would've been out of luck. If GameStop had stopped allowing pre-orders before their allotment ran out to do this sweepstakes I'd agree that it is pretty stupid, I've not read that that was the case though.

Parker

Considering the controversial practices that GameStop engages in, I would not be surprised in the least if they held back pre-orders for this promotion. But even if they didn't, the other possibilities still make it a dumb move IMO. 

I see 3 possibilities here:

1) GameStop "reserved" 1000+ preorders from their initial allotment to use for promotions like this, 

2) GameStop got 1000+ new systems as a second allotment from Nintendo increasing stock (and held onto them for promotions like this, instead of opening them up to "regular" customers) or 

3) GameStop took 1000+ preorders from their rural and/or unpopular stores, where preorders from their initial allotments were actually still left. 

No matter which way they did it, they prevented "normal" preorders from happening to do this promotion (for option c, which I find extremely unlikely, they could have redistributed those systems to more popular stores). For any of the above options, those systems could have been regular preorders that fans would eagerly jump on. 

This doesn't seem much different to me than a radio station type of promotion, or a sweepstakes, except in those situations you get a free item when you win. This isn't winning anything, this is being told "your number was picked from a hat so you have the privilege of preordering... but the guy in line in front of you doesn't". That seems dumb to me. GameStop is always trying to get people to preorder stuff that's always based on first-come, first-served until allotments run out, so it's confusing for them to open up a "preorder giveaway" like this. 

I realize this probably sounds like I'm a sore loser, but that's really not what it is. I would think this is stupid even if I didn't want a Switch. I know if GameStop announced that they were giving away a limited number of additional Switches per store on a specific date, I would make an effort to visit my store at opening time on that day. But being told I can try my luck by putting my name on a list on a specific day? Why would I bother? At least with a more traditional first-come first-served promotion, I can feel like I have a chance to get a preorder by getting there early. 

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Did the first Vita break down or do you have two at the same time?

Sorry but for me, the Vita could never win from the Switch. Those few games I can't play on the PS4 just don't interest me enough and the Vita never felt comfortable to use, I often got pain from it especially during extended use.

I thought at this point, the mere chance of a pre-order would be enough :)

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

The only good trade for Vita is...

Vita with a weeb game :awesome:

Pretty sure that with the Zelda BoTW and the extra joy con it bought me, I'll personally have much more fun than the Vita would have brought me at this point, especially considering I never used more than one handheld at the same time and I'll be using the Switch now.

OT: apparently Nintendo once again extended their rights to Eternal Darkness. It's true that they did this a few times already but still, more ammo for the rumour machine on digital GameCube games (the rights were explicit about digital content)...

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Did the first Vita break down or do you have two at the same time?

Sorry but for me, the Vita could never win from the Switch. Those few games I can't play on the PS4 just don't interest me enough and the Vita never felt comfortable to use, I often got pain from it especially during extended use.

I thought at this point, the mere chance of a pre-order would be enough :)

Pretty sure that with the Zelda BoTW and the extra joy con it bought me, I'll personally have much more fun than the Vita would have brought me at this point, especially considering I never used more than one handheld at the same time and I'll be using the Switch now.

OT: apparently Nintendo once again extended their rights to Eternal Darkness. It's true that they did this a few times already but still, more ammo for the rumour machine on digital GameCube games (the rights were explicit about digital content)...

I have my original version the Vita and that's the one I still use. But the battery has started going bad and I grabbed the "slim" version of the Vita. I have different games on each so I swap back and forth a bit, but I still mostly play on the original. Thankfully the Vita is comfortable for me. I think the Switch will probably be more comfortable, but I won't know until it's in my hands. Either way, I'll still be playing my Vita for years to come. 

Anyway, I do appreciate you keeping an eye out for Switch options for me, so thanks. With my wife's and my long commute, weekend time is precious so getting out to Gamestop isn't always feasible. And maybe I'm being silly, but I did find the contest a bit insulting. I'll keep looking for more traditional options, but I have accepted the fact that I am unlikely to get a Switch at launch. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I am accepting the reality of the situation. 

In all seriousness, you don't need to justify getting rid of the Vita. Sadly it's not for everyone, and it can be hard for Vita fans to accept that (I know, I'm one of them!). The fact that you sold your 3DS a while back is proof that you're not really passionate about portable gaming like most of us Vita lunatics are. :)

Eternal Darkness is one of the GameCube games my gamer friend lent me when I first got a Wii (which was my first console since the NES, as I was a PC gamer in between). He lent me the GameCube remakes of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, and Eternal Darkness. I really enjoyed all three. I'm not sure I would replay Eternal Darkness now, but I'd love to see a sequel or a similar game (which digital sales of Eternal Darkness would help justify). More importantly, I want to see GameCube games on the Virtual Console. It was a missed opportunity on Wii U so I hope Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake with Switch. 

Less than three weeks now... I really hope there's a couple of games I want already on the Virtual Console. If not, then Zelda and Snipperclips should keep me/us busy for a while. Not to mention my PS4/PS3 backlog. Though I have a couple of friends aching to do some four player gaming so let's hope that some cool games arrive in between launch and Mario Kart 8 next to Snipperclips and Fast RMX.

7 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Anyway, I do appreciate you keeping an eye out for me, so thanks. With my wife's and my long commute, weekend time is precious so getting out to Gamestop isn't always feasible. And maybe I'm being silly, but I did find the contest a bit insulting. I'll keep looking for more traditional options, but I have accepted the fact that I am unlikely to get a Switch at launch. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I am accepting the reality of the situation. 

Personally, I would just camp outside one of those non pre-order stores or try the FYE. Did you manage to call the one near your parents?

In all seriousness, you don't need to justify getting rid of the Vita. Sadly it's not for everyone, and it can be hard for Vita fans to accept that (I know, I'm one of them!). The fact that you sold your 3DS a while back is proof that you're not really passionate about portable gaming like most of us Vita lunatics are. :)

If you feel like I don't need to justify getting rid of the Vita, just take a look at the comments section of my last status update <_<

It's true that I always was more into consoles than handhelds. A handheld for me was nothing more than a back-up plan for when I could not take my console with me or when the television was not available (or both). I'm super psyched that my new Switch console can be used as a handheld so I can finally just continue on gaming with whatever I was playing on it as a console whenever I need to use a handheld.

Eternal Darkness is one of the GameCube games my gamer friend lent me when I first got a Wii (which was my first console since the NES, as I was a PC gamer in between). He lent me the GameCube remakes of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, and Eternal Darkness. I really enjoyed all three. I'm not sure I would replay Eternal Darkness now, but I'd love to see a sequel or a similar game (which digital sales of Eternal Darkness would help justify). More importantly, I want to see GameCube games on the Virtual Console. It was a missed opportunity on Wii U so I hope Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake with Switch. 

Eternal Darkness had great sales, the sequel should have been a slam-dunk but so much got in the way of it, it's not even funny (to the point of the founder of Silicon Knights leaving the studio, the studio going bankrupt and one of the developers being arrested and sentenced for having child pronography). The Old Ones seriously did not want a sequel.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Personally, I would just camp outside one of those non pre-order stores or try the FYE. Did you manage to call the one near your parents?

Sadly no. You might not understand this since you aren't a parent IIRC (yes I'm going to use my kid as an excuse here), but with a toddler I feel like some days just work out anything they way I planned. It was already more complicated with just my wife and me, but with a third human in the house it seems like just getting somewhere on the same day as we planned is an accomplishment. We were already an hour late to leave to go visit my parents for the birthday get-together, and of course we had to stop on the way to pick up gift cards to give to said birthday celebrants. Operating like this seems to be my life now. I know some parents don't struggle with this nonsense, but I don't know how they manage (besides turning into drill sergeants, which I have no intention of doing). So anyway, long story short, things were not going well on Saturday (and we still had to stop by a friend's house on the way back), so stopping to visit FYE seemed like a very bad idea. 

If you feel like I don't need to justify getting rid of the Vita, just take a look at the comments section of my last status update <_<

It's true that I always was more into consoles than handhelds. A handheld for me was nothing more than a back-up plan for when I could not take my console with me or when the television was not available (or both). I'm super psyched that my new Switch console can be used as a handheld so I can finally just continue on gaming with whatever I was playing on it as a console whenever I need to use a handheld.

Wow, you're not kidding about that status update!  You sure stirred up a hornet's nest! :P

Anyway, although I love my Vita, you mention something about the Switch that I agree is a great feature that the Vita can't do - transition into console mode and back on the fly. I have to give Nintendo credit for some next-generation portable gaming. That's a great feature that reminds me of something I always wanted for listening to music. Going back to the time before smartphones existed, I used to listen to CDs while driving (before switching to music from a USB stick), and I always wanted to be able to automatically transition to headphones (and some kind of portable music player) to finish up the song I was listening to instead of waiting for it to finish in the car. Of course you can do that now with a smartphone and bluetooth support in your car, but 15 years ago that was my personal holy grail. :) 

As a parent with a kid (and soon to be two of them), TV availability is getting harder and harder so I'm happy that there are so many options now, between portables, PS4 remote play, Wii U Gamepad play, and the upcoming Switch. 

Eternal Darkness had great sales, the sequel should have been a slam-dunk but so much got in the way of it, it's not even funny (to the point of the founder of Silicon Knights leaving the studio, the studio going bankrupt and one of the developers being arrested and sentenced for having child pronography). The Old Ones seriously did not want a sequel.

I didn't know that Eternal Darkness had great sales. I do know about Silicon Knights' problems though, and their failed crowdfunding campaigns for a sequel (or spiritual successor). At this point I think it might be better for Nintendo to farm a sequel out to a different development team that had no involvement in the original. 

Nice reference there, by the way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Sadly no. You might not understand this since you aren't a parent IIRC (yes I'm going to use my kid as an excuse here), but with a toddler I feel like some days just work out anything they way I planned. It was already more complicated with just my wife and me, but with a third human in the house it seems like just getting somewhere on the same day as we planned is an accomplishment. We were already an hour late to leave to go visit my parents for the birthday get-together, and of course we had to stop on the way to pick up gift cards to give to said birthday celebrants. Operating like this seems to be my life now. I know some parents don't struggle with this nonsense, but I don't know how they manage (besides turning into drill sergeants, which I have no intention of doing). So anyway, long story short, things were not going well on Saturday (and we still had to stop by a friend's house on the way back), so stopping to visit FYE seemed like a very bad idea. 

We don't have kids but since recently, we have a dog, does that count? After all, doctor Percival Cox once said that habing a kid was "like having a dog that slowly learns how to talk" xD

Personally, I'd just give the FYE a call. I used to go to the game store all the time but these days I often just give them a call to pre-order or change stuff and I only go to the store if I actually go to pick something up or trade something in.

Wow, you're not kidding about that status update!  You sure stirred up a hornet's nest! :P

Anyway, although I love my Vita, you mention something about the Switch that I agree is a great feature that the Vita can't do - transition into console mode and back on the fly. I have to give Nintendo credit for some next-generation portable gaming. That's a great feature that reminds me of something I always wanted for listening to music. Going back to the time before smartphones existed, I used to listen to CDs while driving (before switching to music from a USB stick), and I always wanted to be able to automatically transition to headphones (and some kind of portable music player) to finish up the song I was listening to instead of waiting for it to finish in the car. Of course you can do that now with a smartphone and bluetooth support in your car, but 15 years ago that was my personal holy grail. :) 

As a parent with a kid (and soon to be two of them), TV availability is getting harder and harder so I'm happy that there are so many options now, between portables, PS4 remote play, Wii U Gamepad play, and the upcoming Switch. 

Yeah, I used to drive an extra block if the radio was playing a cool song. I don't mind the console-to-handheld switching during play (though my wife will love it when her show is on) but it is cool that I can just  play on during holiday resting times with the game I was playing before the holiday.

I didn't know that Eternal Darkness had great sales. I do know about Silicon Knights' problems though, and their failed crowdfunding campaigns for a sequel (or spiritual successor). At this point I think it might be better for Nintendo to farm a sequel out to a different development team that had no involvement in the original. 

Alternatively, let it be a good one-off and make a different game based on Lovecraft lore. The makers of Magrunner have started working on a Cthulhu game years (eons?) ago though as far as I can tell that one already switched developers as well.

Nice reference there, by the way. 

What can I say. Cthulhu fhtagn... for now.

Good luck. When we had our second kid I went from '08 to 2013 without playing any games on TV much at all.  Even now I am lucky if I can play much of anything more than a couple of hours a week.

28 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

We don't have kids but since recently, we have a dog, does that count? After all, doctor Percival Cox once said that habing a kid was "like having a dog that slowly learns how to talk" xD

That's pretty accurate, actually. :P

28 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Alternatively, let it be a good one-off and make a different game based on Lovecraft lore. The makers of Magrunner have started working on a Cthulhu game years (eons?) ago though as far as I can tell that one already switched developers as well.

What can I say. Cthulhu fhtagn... for now.

I just looked up Magrunner and apparently it's a Portal game based on Lovecraft themes? Um, how in the hell have I not played this game yet? Oh look, it's actually in my backlog! I'll have to start that soon, because it looks fun and seems to be a fairly short game and Platinum. 

On the note of Cthulhu, have you watched anything by Stuart Gordon? I really liked some of his earlier Lovecraft adaptations (despite not reading the source material), but the wife and I had to turn off Castle Freak because it was too difficult to watch (on the disgusting-o-meter). 

I should start reading some of his stuff, but sadly I'm not much of a reader anymore. 

12 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Good luck. When we had our second kid I went from '08 to 2013 without playing any games on TV much at all.  Even now I am lucky if I can play much of anything more than a couple of hours a week.

Yeah, I know it's not likely to help with my gaming hobby, or reducing my backlog! 

9 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I just looked up Magrunner and apparently it's a Portal game based on Lovecraft themes? Um, how in the hell have I not played this game yet? Oh look, it's actually in my backlog! I'll have to start that soon, because it looks fun and seems to be a fairly short game and Platinum. 

It looks like Portal (a bit) but actually once Lovecraft sets in it becomes a different game entirely. Also, it's not portals but magnetism, which makes the gameplay itself very different.

On the note of Cthulhu, have you watched anything by Stuart Gordon? I really liked some of his earlier Lovecraft adaptations (despite not reading the source material), but the wife and I had to turn off Castle Freak because it was too difficult to watch (on the disgusting-o-meter). 

Don't know that name, I'll check it out. If we're advising stuff, House Of Leaves is an amazingly weird book. On film, in recent years I loved Stephen King's The Mist,  Crimson Peaks and The Cabin In The Woods as being stylishly good horror-ish films. On series, I'm currently on S4 of American Horror Story and I need to get to Penny Dreadful. My wife doesn't like horror so I'm on my own here. Reading through Stephen King's The Stand right now.

I should start reading some of his stuff, but sadly I'm not much of a reader anymore. 

Start with some short stories right before your own bedtime and see where you end up :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Don't know that name, I'll check it out. If we're advising stuff, House Of Leaves is an amazingly weird book. On film, in recent years I loved Stephen King's The Mist,  Crimson Peaks and The Cabin In The Woods as being stylishly good horror-ish films. On series, I'm currently on S4 of American Horror Story and I need to get to Penny Dreadful. My wife doesn't like horror so I'm on my own here. Reading through Stephen King's The Stand right now.

Stuart Gordon did Re-Animator, From Beyond, Castle Freak, and Dagon, which are all based on Lovecraft stories. I loved the first two but the third one was hard to watch. I probably could have finished it on my own but my wife was so revolted that I didn't feel like continuing on my own. I'll get around to Dagon one day but I may watch it on my own to avoid more potential "can't unsee it" moments for the wife. I liked both The Mist and The Cabin in the Woods but didn't see Crimson Peak yet, which I should because I like Guillermo del Toro. 

The funny thing is, my wife actually got me into horror but after becoming a mom, she has less of a stomach for it anymore. I like almost anything that's suspenseful and creepy, but I don't like torture and similar things. There is a line that I can't always define, but I know when a movie crosses it. 

Has anyone heard if Nintendo has commented on older hardware working with the Switch? I'm just curious if Wii (and some Wii U) digital games will try to use regular Wiimotes and Nunchuks (if compatible) or if they will try to adapt the Joy-cons to emulate the Wiimote and Nunchuk. That's probably a long way off anyway though. Besides the backwards compatibility with Wii at launch that the Switch doesn't and can't have, the Wii U didn't have digital Wii games until fairly recently so Nintendo may not even have it on their radar with Switch yet (or at all). 

Rememer all those Switch players, we have an actual event to play Switch games in!

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45332-switch-it-up-event-for-nintendo-switch-gamers/

@MosesRockefeller ah,that guy... Yeah I've been meaning to watch more of him. Tried watching Re-Animator back in the day but my VCR had only recorded the first half hour or so :(

Nah I don't think Wii and WiiU stuff will be available digitally, except for maybe some stuff that could be played with normal controls after some rewrites (Skyward Swordand Super Mario 3D World, for instance). First up is GameCube games, after that we'll worry about Wii and WiiU.

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nah I don't think Wii and WiiU stuff will be available digitally, except for maybe some stuff that could be played with normal controls after some rewrites (Skyward Swordand Super Mario 3D World, for instance). First up is GameCube games, after that we'll worry about Wii and WiiU.

I think you're probably right about GameCube games being first, but wasn't the whole point of Skyward Sword using the Wiimote to swing the sword? I didn't play it but every review mentions it. I know the Joycon can do the swinging motion, but the other controls would be very different. Super Mario 3D World would be much easier to change though, since its primary control method was the Wii U Gamepad. It supported the Wiimote too, but that functionality could be more easily recreated since it was fairly basic.