Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I feel your pain with the 3DS. I got my Miiverse ZIP file from Nintendo and looking at my screenshots makes me sad, even though I only made about 20 Miiverse posts. Thankfully the Wii U can still capture screenshots using image upload sites, but it's a complicated process. I wish Nintendo would do a firmware update for the Wii U and 3DS to make the Miiverse button function save screenshots to the local storage. It would take nothing away from the Switch to make their two older devices work the same way, and they could do the bare minimum and not add easy Facebook/Twitter upload options... but I doubt they'll do even the bare minimum. It seems like the only updates those systems get now is to lock down homebrew and hacking exploits.

Anyway, video capture devices need a way to get a video feed from handheld devices... to my knowledge only the PSP 3000 (the final model that wasn't a Go) and the Switch support video out. For the 3DS, Vita, and older devices you would need to either mod the hardware or do something silly like point a video camera at the screen while playing with a stand. That last option would be pretty bad quality... I'm sure you've seen Youtube videos recorded this way - I know I used a Goodbye Box Boy walkthrough "let's play" that was recorded from a video camera, for the few times I got stuck playing that game (I was grateful for the videos but the mediocre quality would have been less useful for visually complex games).

But for capturing video for regular consoles (and the Switch when Docked), this device works pretty well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00840353W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I've had mine for almost 4 years, and even though I don't use it very much at all, it works great when I do use it. There are newer, possibly cheaper versions that eliminate the "pre-HDMI" connector. Technically this one can record from analog systems going all the way back to the NES, Atari, etc. if you have the right cables. To convert those old video feeds to HDMI needs convertor boxes and is way more complicated than just getting a cable.

Thanks for the recommendation! That Elgato product seems really nice based on the product description and user reviews. I wonder if I'd ever use it to record something on Switch, PS3 or Wii U. Then again, I have a birthday coming up soon, so....

38 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Oh, I'm the same. I can't stand speedrun challenges. In fact, the worst thing about Mario Odyssey is the races against the Koopa's *shudders*. I haven't come across any mandatory speedrun sections in TEIN. The game is tough in sections so your ambivalence towards the game is fair and warranted. Oh, and I agree - it is great that indies are thriving on the Switch. Brawlout was released only two weeks ago and has already sold 50,000 units.

The Koopa races are my least favorite part of Super Mario Odyssey also. I did most (if not all) of the first races in each area, but the second races can F right off. Those are the ones with the single Golden Koopa who does advanced moves (like hat jumps, which I never mastered) to skip sections of the race. I beat a few of them but I gave up on the rest. I'm sure I could pass them with enough practice, but I just don't need all the power moons that badly. I got tons of gameplay out of the game, so I'm fine leaving it at less than 100% complete. The "walk along the disappearing path" challenges were kind of frustrating too, but I think I beat all of those... being short and fast to retry probably helped. Oh, and the jumprope nonsense... I skipped those once I realized I was as bad at jump rope in game, as I am in real life.

Still, I don't hold anything against SMO for those challenges that I skipped. I think it's fine that the game has some challenges that only appeal to the most dedicated fans. I have reached a point where I accept not Platinuming or 100%ing every game, but it's nice that the extra content is there for the people who want to go that extra mile.

22 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Thanks for the recommendation! That Elgato product seems really nice based on the product description and user reviews. I wonder if I'd ever use it to record something on Switch, PS3 or Wii U. Then again, I have a birthday coming up soon, so....

One cool thing about the device is you can leave it plugged in as a HDMI passthrough to your sound system or TV. It uses USB to connect to a computer for recording, but you can plug that into a wall adapter (I use one of those 5/6 port Anker adapters, so I can charge controllers and such without unplugging cables) and it will get power that way. It may create HDMI lag, but if it does I haven't noticed it. I'm also using a HDMI switch to accommodate all my consoles, so maybe I'm just used to lag.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

39 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Speaking of The End is Nigh, Nintendo just sent me a survey about the game and I just earned myself a handy 30 platinum points :highfive:

Man, I can't wait for Nintendo to introduce the Switch Rewards in My Nintendo! I'm excited to see what they offer in exchange for our points! :D Those discounts will come in handy for my purse haha :shakefist:

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

That might be my fault. I didn't describe the game very well. @Dreakon13 did a much better job of selling the game than I ever could. However, I would probably recommend that you wait for a sale or something before picking it up. The game is fairly cheap as is (only €15) but you may find a more interesting game for the same price that might be more down your alley.

You didn't describe much; I did a bit of research myself when I first saw the game mentioned as coming out soon on the Switch. People talked about it then like it was insanely hard and unforgiving, like I Wanna Be The Guy.

So, is it? Or is it like Super Meat Boy (sans dark world) or Völgarr The Viking, where it is only hard when you don't know what is expected of you?

I think Völgarr is easier than Super Meat Boy in that aspect. Super Meat Boy requires split second decisions, where in much of Völgarr, you can take your time until taking on the next small part.

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I think he is just poking fun at you saying that the game is "less" forgiving (meaning it is harder than SMB) rather than "more" forgiving i.e. easier than SMB. ;) He's just kidding. As to your question, I never played SMB so I can't say for certain but as I said earlier, any time I died it was because I did something wrong. So in that sense it is a fair game.

I hate it when my jokes don't land! I guess I need to stick to dad jokes like I usually do.

If I read your comment correctly, you were saying that The End Is Nigh looked harder than Super Meat Boy. I was replying trying to say that any game harder than Super Meat Boy needs to be destroyed with extreme prejudice.

Ah, I see. I wasn't really here 100% either so the fault could be on my part (also because thanks to not being a native English speaker, sometimes I make the wrong connections), I read the post as first saying my assumption wasn't true, then that one of the games needed to be killed in an insane way and I wasn't sure which game was referenced.

Now comes the part where you say "but Super Meat Boy isn't hard! Gitgud!" 1f609.png

Nah,Super Meat Boy is "tough but fair", but unlike others in that category it still requires split-second reactionary platforming, which many people simply don't have and I find myself getting less good at the older I become. "Git gud" works with "it's only hard if it's new or if you don't pay attention to what you're doing and you're just trying to spam your basic attack" games like Bloodborne or Völgarr (at least the first world was extremely fair, it's almost a puzzle to solve instead of a regular action platformer), but you need extremely quick eye-to-hand coordination if you wish to succeed in Super Meat Boy.

And the Dark Worlds are just insane. Hats off to anyone getting through that.

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Man, I can't wait for Nintendo to introduce the Switch Rewards in My Nintendo! I'm excited to see what they offer in exchange for our points! :D Those discounts will come in handy for my purse haha :shakefist:

You think you're excited... Try looking at it our way; us day one buyers have gold points that will expire in two months unless Nintendo introduces something soon.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

You think you're excited... Try looking at it our way; us day one buyers have gold points that will expire in two months unless Nintendo introduces something soon.

I still haven't registered any of my physical Switch games because My Nintendo hasn't offered anything interesting in a while. I'm waiting for some Switch rewards to appear too. They should just change the point discounts into something like a 20% off coupon for any purchase in eShop instead of limiting it to some specific games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

I still haven't registered any of my physical Switch games because My Nintendo hasn't offered anything interesting in a while. I'm waiting for some Switch rewards to appear too. They should just change the point discounts into something like a 20% off coupon for any purchase in eShop instead of limiting it to some specific games.

Agreed on your idea, but also...

Dammit, why didn't I think of that! I always register my physical games right away to get those points like they're candy or something... but waiting until better rewards are available is a great idea.

16 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

You didn't describe much; I did a bit of research myself when I first saw the game mentioned as coming out soon on the Switch. People talked about it then like it was insanely hard and unforgiving, like I Wanna Be The Guy.

So, is it? Or is it like Super Meat Boy (sans dark world) or Völgarr The Viking, where it is only hard when you don't know what is expected of you?

If I had to try and label it, since I haven't played all these games you mention and only have gotten so far in The End Is Nigh... TEIN certainly sounds closer to Super Meat Boy.

Since the worlds (the early ones at least) are typically broken into screen-sized segments and you checkpoint with each "screen" you complete (an exception to that rule being the game cartridges and maybe other bonus areas)... you get some time to think initially about how to tackle each screen, but once you get going, the game regularly leans on that SMB styled "split second platforming" until you get to the end.  And the path through the screens aren't always clear until your part-way through and the level starts changing on you or you learn its quirks... which you could say about SMB as well.

Also, given it's Metroidvania-esque interconnected levels/worlds... you may find yourself backtracking through screens to unlock earlier stuff, which means replaying through screens backwards (or utilizing fast travel between the starts of each world and playing forward).  It's clever but something I can see becoming a drag if it's required.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Agreed on your idea, but also...

Dammit, why didn't I think of that! I always register my physical games right away to get those points like they're candy or something... but waiting until better rewards are available is a great idea.

Naturally, this only works if you buy your games physically and keep them. I have bought only two physical Switch games, and I've sold both on.

2 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

If I had to try and label it, since I haven't played all these games you mention and only have gotten so far in The End Is Nigh... TEIN certainly sounds closer to Super Meat Boy.

Since the worlds (the early ones at least) are typically broken into screen-sized segments and your progress effectively saves with each "screen" you complete (an exception to that rule being the game cartridges and maybe other bonus areas)... you get some time to think initially about how to tackle each screen, but once you get going, the game regularly leans on that SMB styled "split second platforming" until you get to the end.  And the path through the screens aren't always clear until your part-way through and the level starts changing on you.

Also, given it's Metroidvania-esque interconnected levels/worlds... you may find yourself backtracking through screens to unlock earlier stuff, which means replaying through screens backwards.  It's clever but something I can see becoming a drag if it's required.

Thanks! Sounds like @Miles_Warren is right and I should wait on a good sale, like I did with Völgarr. Getting that for only €5 certainly immediately made it more fun to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Naturally, this only works if you buy your games physically and keep them. I have bought only two physical Switch games, and I've sold both on.

That raises an interesting point about the rewards. I would assume that buying used retail Switch games does not give the buyer any reward points, but has anybody actually tested this?

Switch surpasses Wii as fastest-selling home video game system in U.S. history

I recall some people here saying "no one is going to buy Switch, lol" about a year ago. 1f914.png

Yeah, I saw that news. Great, that means the Switch will attract more devs, which will attract more gamers, and so on.

Hell, one year ago (before the January Direct) I myself didn't even think I would buy one, let alone right away.

And what a year it has been...

I bought Pic-a-Pix Deluxe by the way. @MosesRockefeller I think you will like this one.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I recall some people here saying "no one is going to buy Switch, lol" about a year ago. 1f914.png

Absolutely fantastic news. The console is kicking ass in America and, in Japan, it is already close to outselling PS4's total lifetime sales. Unfortunately, Europe is Nintendo's weak market so that may prevent the Switch from becoming Nintendo's most successful console/handheld. Nevertheless, this news is a testament to the Switch's quality as a gaming system. Can't wait to see what this rumoured January Direct has in store for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I bought Pic-a-Pix Deluxe by the way. @MosesRockefeller I think you will like this one.

I downloaded the demo when you first mentioned it, but forgot to comment. I still haven't tried it, but I will soon. My backlog is too big when I can't even be bothered to play a demo for 5 minutes! :P

I have about 5 regular puzzles left in Picross S, and then the bulk of the Mega Picross puzzles left (I think I've only done 10 or so of the Mega ones), so that game is giving me a LOT of mileage for $8. I'm slowly working my way through it. I have the regular hints turned off but every once in a while I'll hit the trigger button (which highlights rows that can be marked beyond what they currently are, based on the status of the puzzle) when I get stuck. And then I always feel like an idiot for missing something obvious.

11 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Absolutely fantastic news. The console is kicking ass in America and, in Japan, it is already close to outselling PS4's total lifetime sales. Unfortunately, Europe is Nintendo's weak market so that may prevent the Switch from becoming Nintendo's most successful console/handheld. Nevertheless, this news is a testament to the Switch's quality as a gaming system. Can't wait to see what this rumoured January Direct has in store for us.

Yeah, kudos to Nintendo for pulling off a successful first year with the Switch. I think the Wii was the only system in recent memory that worked out so well so fast. The 3DS took a while to find its feet, and I think even the DS did as well. And the Wii U of course never found its feet at all, although Nintendo did try propping it up with some fantastic games (which I still hope we'll see more get ported to the Switch).

I'm looking forward to the rumored January Direct also (or whatever month they decide to have the next one). I expect a nice selection of rumored first/third party announcements, along with some surprises, and a healthy bunch of indies.

On 30/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, Eyjabria said:

I've progressed the story to chapter 4 now and so far I haven't had to grind levels. The battles are a lot of fun so levels have increased without it feeling troublesome. I've clocked in nearly 40 hours of play time now and the story is getting more interesting and there are some humorous events too. I like to explore a lot (I'm a bit obsessed with finding hidden chests), I've done some side quests and salvaging (a system where you dive valuable items from the cloud sea) and played "Tiger! Tiger!" (a videogame made by Tora), so main story could likely be progressed faster. Yesterday I unlocked a mercenary quest system where you can send out blades to gather items, gold and exp, so that should lessen the need for grinding as well. 

Another great thing I've liked in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is that you can swap the character you're controlling so you can alter your play style both by changing the character and the blades you engage. I've mostly played the role of a tank with Tora. 

I decided to pick it up and have been having a wonderful time with it the last few days. Many thanks for the recommendation 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Oh blimey :o! I didn't know that they expired! I better not register my physical games yet until they've announced something concrete in terms of a release date. 

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Wow, that's a pretty amazing achievement, so well done Nintendo! :) I got mine as a surprise but I'm so glad that I got it as I'm really enjoying playing on it and I'm excited to see what new games are going to come out for it! :) 

Jump on the Switch, and apparently NBA Playgrounds: Enhanced Edition is a thing now.

...just as I had started to get back into it on Xbox through Game Pass, too.

No real improvements to be honest, a new mode that looks dull, 100 odd more unlockable players which is nice but I'm no NBA fan so it's lost on me, and that's about it. They did shrink the size down from 9.6 (I think, it was 9 point something though), to 7.4, 7.1, something like that, so that's nice at least. Now it's the third biggest install on my Switch, instead of the second.

But it's still nowhere near as good as the original version. If Switch handled updates like the PS3, and let me pick and choose, I'd still be playing this game, but when they brought in the first big update all those months ago, we just lost interest. They took a fun, over the top, stupid kinda sports game and turned it into just a stylized basketball minigame basically, that makes you yearn for the NBA Jam of yore. Which is a real shame, because the original version, minus the ridiculous load times, was damn near perfect to be honest.

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Jump on the Switch, and apparently NBA Playgrounds: Enhanced Edition is a thing now.

...just as I had started to get back into it on Xbox through Game Pass, too.

No real improvements to be honest, a new mode that looks dull, 100 odd more unlockable players which is nice but I'm no NBA fan so it's lost on me, and that's about it. They did shrink the size down from 9.6 (I think, it was 9 point something though), to 7.4, 7.1, something like that, so that's nice at least. Now it's the third biggest install on my Switch, instead of the second.

But it's still nowhere near as good as the original version. If Switch handled updates like the PS3, and let me pick and choose, I'd still be playing this game, but when they brought in the first big update all those months ago, we just lost interest. They took a fun, over the top, stupid kinda sports game and turned it into just a stylized basketball minigame basically, that makes you yearn for the NBA Jam of yore. Which is a real shame, because the original version, minus the ridiculous load times, was damn near perfect to be honest.

I was stopping by to post about the update also.

I decided the $10 sale was worth getting NBA Playgrounds and tried the game out this morning for about 10 minutes. It's not enough time to really have a solid opinion on the game, but it seems decent so far. I never played the original version, so I can't compare, but this game definitely reminds me of NBA Jam.

For better or worse, the era of picking and choosing updates is over. The most you can hope for these days is turning off updates, but half the time that isn't even an option. And even on the PS3, the only thing you could do is stick with the version you had, or go to the latest version. You couldn't for example buy a game after it's gotten 5 updates, and choose to update it to version 1.1, while not going to 1.2 or beyond. You'd either have to keep it at 1.0 or go to 1.5. I think Steam works the same way but it's been a while since I've played anything on the PC. PC/Mac software (e.g. hardware drivers) seems to be the only place where you can go online and choose the exact version you want.

Another game I have played recently is Tumblestone. It's basically a match-3 puzzle game, but the game builds on that core in interesting ways. I just started the second world of the campaign, and I'm enjoying it so far. It rewards planning ahead more than twitch gameplay, although there is also competitive multiplayer and certain campaign levels where you have an opponent, so in those cases a certain amount of speed is essential alongside the planning. I would recommend the game if you can find it at a decent price. It was on sale recently for about $10 I think, and I think it's well worth that.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

9 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I was stopping by to post about the update also.

I decided the $10 sale was worth getting NBA Playgrounds and tried the game out this morning for about 10 minutes. It's not enough time to really have a solid opinion on the game, but it seems decent so far. I never played the original version, so I can't compare, but this game definitely reminds me of NBA Jam.

For better or worse, the era of picking and choosing updates is over. The most you can hope for these days is turning off updates, but half the time that isn't even an option. And even on the PS3, the only thing you could do is stick with the version you had, or go to the latest version. You couldn't for example buy a game after it's gotten 5 updates, and choose to update it to version 1.1, while not going to 1.2 or beyond. You'd either have to keep it at 1.0 or go to 1.5. I think Steam works the same way but it's been a while since I've played anything on the PC. PC/Mac software (e.g. hardware drivers) seems to be the only place where you can go online and choose the exact version you want.

It's still fun enough, I reckon it'd be a lot more fun too if you've not played the OG version. Have at it, dude. It can still be fun, and honestly it's probably more fun than I have with it,  because I still play with the mindset of charging at everything and just smashing the steal button. But it's also the shot metre, it's a fair few different things that just combine for an overall lesser experience. I was reading about the update on IGN earlier and this dude got me good.

Screenshot_2018-01-06_at_10.05.55.png 

Though to be honest, their Facebook update is split into 3 kinds of comments. That one, "where's Shaq-Fu!?!?!?", and "I like the game and that's all".

Really? AFAIK it lets you pick and choose. Last thing I remember updating was Minecraft of all things, it downloaded one update, then another, then another, then I got bored and quit and I was playing the old version of the tutorial level that you straight up can't get on PS4 anymore. 

16 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Really? AFAIK it lets you pick and choose. Last thing I remember updating was Minecraft of all things, it downloaded one update, then another, then another, then I got bored and quit and I was playing the old version of the tutorial level that you straight up can't get on PS4 anymore. 

Hmm, I haven't done any PS3 updates in a while. Now that I think about it, I think it DOES download them in stages but it still queues up through the latest patch. Theoretically you might be able to cancel 1.3 after it finishes downloading 1.2, but I know you can't just tell the PS3 to "download 1.2", it's going to start downloading 1.2, then 1.3, etc. 

But regardless of whether you can technically pick and choose, half the time that doesn't work due to even singleplayer games needing to connect to some server, and that won't work unless you have the latest patch. Generally speaking, my bad patch experiences have been like 1% of patches, but it would still be nice to be able to pick and choose across the board. That's one nice thing about playing PS2 remasters (or original versions), what you see is pretty much what you get. Although even there, I know the Kingdom Hearts remasters on PS4 got a couple of patches but that was things like fixing the game speed to account for being able to do 60 fps now. 

I'm just wondering if someone could help me with something to do with the eShop. Does it matter what design is on the eShop card when you go to buy one? I know it might sound daft but there are so many different designs for these cards and they don't say Switch on them either which is making me question it as well. Is it a case of as long as it says 'Nintendo eShop' (which I presume is the Switch one) alongside the 3DS and Wii U stores, then it's alright to buy and use on the Switch. I'd really like to buy Stardew Valley and Pan-Pan, but I need to make sure that I'm not going to waste money first. 

Again, if it sounds like a stupid question then you've just got to bare with me as I'm not too confident when it comes to Nintendo Shops and stuff like that. (This will be my first ever purchase on a Nintendo System).

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I'm just wondering if someone could help me with something to do with the eShop. Does it matter what design is on the eShop card when you go to buy one? I know it might sound daft but there are so many different designs for these cards and they don't say Switch on them either which is making me question it as well. Is it a case of as long as it says 'Nintendo eShop' (which I presume is the Switch one) alongside the 3DS and Wii U stores, then it's alright to buy and use on the Switch. I'd really like to buy Stardew Valley and Pan-Pan, but I need to make sure that I'm not going to waste money first. 

Again, if it sounds like a stupid question then you've just got to bare with me as I'm not too confident when it comes to Nintendo Shops and stuff like that. (This will be my first ever purchase on a Nintendo System).

Not a stupid question at all. It doesn't matter what character image or design is on the card. As long as it says Nintendo eShop, it can be redeemed on Switch, 3DS and Wii U. You can also ask a store employee about the cards to make sure. The card's cash value can be shared between all those platforms to purchase stuff from eShop if you use the same My Nintendo account on those devices.

I personally always buy eShop cards as I don't like entering credit card information to online stores. Learned my lesson back in the days on PS3 when PSN accounts were compromised.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Not a stupid question at all. It doesn't matter what character image or design is on the card. As long as it says Nintendo eShop, it can be redeemed on Switch, 3DS and Wii U. You can also ask a store employee about the cards to make sure. The card's cash value can be shared between all those platforms to purchase stuff from eShop if you use the same My Nintendo account on those devices.

I personally always buy eShop cards as I don't like entering credit card information to online stores. Learned my lesson back in the days on PS3 when PSN accounts were compromised.

Thank you for answering my question! :) I've been looking at them for a while and with all the different designs and such, I just felt a little confused with it. But I can now buy a card with peace of mind so thank you! :D Stardew Valley and Pan-Pan here I come!

I'm the same as I'd never feel comfortable using my bank details on the PlayStation/Xbox/Switch as my sister's husband has his bank account hacked (you know, when it happened pretty much all the time) and had something like £400 stolen from their account :o! Safe to say that I'll never use my bank card in anything like that.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

Suppose on the plus side of NBA Playgrounds being re-released, it's got a new logo in the activity log so I can stop being bitter about my lost 35+ hour tally on there (even still, it's my most played Switch game), but even then, it's kinda redundant as I've reset my playlog for 2018. Speaking of though, kinda weird, but the only game I've played since resetting it is Doom, and despite only loading it to the end of a load screen and not actually playing it yet,  it still says I've played 5 hours or more. Anyone else ever have any weirdo issues with the log? I clear it, and it keeps some. I change regions and it stops counting entirely. It keeps some, but loses others, etc. Wish there was a way to turn it off honestly, like I once did with trophies, I find myself more interested in the activity log than I really should be. Also, my 3DS never turned up and I guess I'm rolling with a brand new log on the 2DS then, so out the window with caring for that anymore.

Anyway, I'm actually here to talk about that "leak" (probs fake, never know though) of Switch firmware 5.0, with streaming apps like YouTube, folder support, wallpaper options, and supposedly even, the glorious eShop making it's long awaited debut. Anyone else seen that stuff floating around on the interwebs? Sure would make for an interesting Direct later this month if it does pan out.

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Suppose on the plus side of NBA Playgrounds being re-released, it's got a new logo in the activity log so I can stop being bitter about my lost 35+ hour tally on there (even still, it's my most played Switch game), but even then, it's kinda redundant as I've reset my playlog for 2018. Speaking of though, kinda weird, but the only game I've played since resetting it is Doom, and despite only loading it to the end of a load screen and not actually playing it yet,  it still says I've played 5 hours or more. Anyone else ever have any weirdo issues with the log? I clear it, and it keeps some. I change regions and it stops counting entirely. It keeps some, but loses others, etc. Wish there was a way to turn it off honestly, like I once did with trophies, I find myself more interested in the activity log than I really should be. Also, my 3DS never turned up and I guess I'm rolling with a brand new log on the 2DS then, so out the window with caring for that anymore.

Anyway, I'm actually here to talk about that "leak" (probs fake, never know though) of Switch firmware 5.0, with streaming apps like YouTube, folder support, wallpaper options, and supposedly even, the glorious eShop making it's long awaited debut. Anyone else seen that stuff floating around on the interwebs? Sure would make for an interesting Direct later this month if it does pan out.

I haven't noticed anything weird with my Switch play log, though I haven't tried resetting it or changing regions. I love the Activity Log on 3DS and wish Switch had an identical functionality.

Haven't seen leaks about firmware update, but ever since I got my Switch in March, looking at the settings it seemed obvious to me that they will start offering home screen themes like on 3DS (animated / panoramic wallpapers, themed folders, music). I think video service apps have been mentioned by Nintendo and Japan already got NicoNico(?).