Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

205 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

3 hours ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Yea I definitely will. I never played Minecraft but never hurts to try a game similar lol. Heehee :)

I haven't played Minecraft either. I liked Terraria a lot though, which people always told me was like Minecraft but more structured (and 2D). DQ Builders is like that (but 3D).

3 hours ago, Zondares said:

DKC Tropical Freeze is so good, and it’s great that it is getting a second wind. It’s slightly better than Diddy’s Kong Quest, IMO, and puts the New Super Mario Bros. series to shame with excellent level design, music, and visual detail.

I haven't played Diddy Kong's Quest or any of the original SNES Country games. I know, I'm dumb. But you are 100% correct about New SMB. I liked the DS, Wii, and even the 3DS iterations at the time they came out, because they were new and shiny. But going back now and trying to finish up New SMB U, it has almost none of the charm and appeal of Tropical Freeze or Yoshi's Woolly World. It feels exactly like what it is: the 4th entry in a series that doesn't really do anything new. It's polished, the levels are okay, and the controls are fine, but it's not very fun.

I think Nintendo should leave the New SMB series in the past, and if they make more 2D SMB games (which I think they should), they need to start fresh with the same "don't be afraid of change" design philosophy that Nintendo used in Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW.

Edit: okay this is completely stupid, but I laughed way more at it than I should have, especially some of the comments: https://gizmodo.com/twitter-regrets-to-inform-you-that-waluigi-is-a-bigot-1821963390

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy we know you don't like The Last Jedi, but we already have trolls on this site ruining the The Last Jedi thread so people who liked the movie can't have a decent discussion. @MosesRockefeller and I don't keep talking in the Switch thread about how much we loved the movie so it would be cool if you wouldn't keep making random "TLJ is disappointing" analogies :)

I mean, it is a very apt analogy. It disappointed the majority of people (both that I've met IRL, and the whole "51% of people didn't like it" thing on RT), and it's also a very recent and topical matter, so really, it's the most apt analogy you can get. "Thing is the most disappointing thing since the last thing that majorly disappointed millions of people a couple weeks ago".

But fair enough. I'll go back to bashing the prequel era, despite liking them anyway, for a while. 

"Nintendo Direct Mini was almost as dodgy as that Clone Wars movie 10 years ago, like, it was cool and had some pretty sweet stuff, but overall, eh, and also like TCW, I hope it will lead to bigger and better things, namely a proper full on Direct soon"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I forgot about TWEWY. I actually got a DS copy a while back, but I only spent a few minutes playing. It's a JRPG which I don't think is a genre you like, but from what I understand it sets itself apart with some unique gameplay and story ideas. I'll keep an eye on the Switch version, but I'm not convinced yet to double dip.

Think I'll give it a pass in the end. New Year's resolution was buying less games, I have enough unfinished that's more up my alley. (Whether I want it to or not, #MeToo)

I figured you would get excited about Tropical Freeze. Did you play the first game on Wii or 3DS? Donkey Kong Country Returns? It's basically more of the same, but with very cool 2D backgrounds. I think the original Wii game had some gimmicks (maybe waggle) which Tropical Freeze doesn't have. Funky Kong wasn't in the Wii U version of TF, and yes he's definitely Easy Mode. From what I can tell, that is an option for gamers who are struggling with the difficulty. For the normal challenge, you would just stick to playing as Donkey Kong. It'm not sure I'd call it the best platformer of the 2010's, but it's way up there for sure. And it has that Donkey Kong charm.

I got the Wii game and started playing it with the missus, but even though we really liked it, we never got past the first world. Wasn't using the Wii a lot by that time and last year of course I sold it so I could pay for the Switch.

I know Funky is new on Switch, but felt like commenting as it's so obviously an overpowered character even for someone who hasn't played the game. When he was even able to go over spikes, I told my wife she'd probably like to play as him.

... Tropical Freeze still has co-op, right?

P.S. how cool would it be if the game Retro Studios has been working on the last four years was a reimagining of Donkey Kong, either 2(.5)D or 3D?

When I was a younger man, I saw Wario and Waluigi pop up in one of the Mario Karts, and my initial thought was "what the hell is with these 'evil' rip-offs of Mario and Luigi?" But now that I've seen them in a few more games, they've really grown on me. I'm still only familiar with Waluigi from Mario Kart, but I've played a few games where you play as Wario, and he's great.

The older Wario platformers are cool and I enjoy every new Wario Ware title, hope one is coming for the Switch.

8 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Completely hyped for Donkey Kong. I was so pissed that I missed out on the Wii and Wii U exclusive titles.

I'll be picking up Tropical Freeze, day 1, for sure.

Same here, and I'm hoping for more ports of the better Wii U games.

8 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Also glad that Dark Souls is happening on the Switch... but my experience is rooted on the PS4 and will remain so. But it's great for other people that want a watered down portable version. Definitely not my kinda cup of tea, but it's still great.

Don't think it will be watered down... If the game gets a proper remaster then the Switch version won't beat the PS4 one but it'll still look better than the PS3 original.

I don't know how good Dark Souls as handheld will be though, unless they're finally actually pausing the game when you go into menus.

7 hours ago, Zondares said:

DKC Tropical Freeze is so good, and it’s great that it is getting a second wind. It’s slightly better than Diddy’s Kong Quest, IMO, and puts the New Super Mario Bros. series to shame with excellent level design, music, and visual detail.

With posts like that, feel free to come around more often, new person! 

Personally I never could get into Diddy or Dixie as much as I got into the first DKC; still have the trilogy on SNES cartridges, should try finishing them but I'm still hoping for Switch ports...

6 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I haven't played Diddy Kong's Quest or any of the original SNES Country games. I know, I'm dumb. But you are 100% correct about New SMB. I liked the DS, Wii, and even the 3DS iterations at the time they came out, because they were new and shiny. But going back now and trying to finish up New SMB U, it has almost none of the charm and appeal of Tropical Freeze or Yoshi's Woolly World. It feels exactly like what it is: the 4th entry in a series that doesn't really do anything new. It's polished, the levels are okay, and the controls are fine, but it's not very fun.

I think Nintendo should leave the New SMB series in the past, and if they make more 2D SMB games (which I think they should), they need to start fresh with the same "don't be afraid of change" design philosophy that Nintendo used in Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda BotW.

As it is known, I dislike the New Bros series, especially as Nintendo refuses to make a new F-Zero with the silly argument that they don't know how they could innovate the series. It's bloody F-Zero, "the same thing as before but with better graphics" would be awesome already.

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I mean, it is a very apt analogy. It disappointed the majority of people (both that I've met IRL, and the whole "51% of people didn't like it" thing on RT), and it's also a very recent and topical matter, so really, it's the most apt analogy you can get. "Thing is the most disappointing thing since the last thing that majorly disappointed millions of people a couple weeks ago".

It didn't disappoint the majority of people, just the loudest ones. Of all the RL people I discussed the movie with (a number that's over two dozen, people around me know I'm the guy to talk to about Star Wars stuff and they tend to bring it up), only one didn't like the movie that much, and it was because he thought there were too many "Disneyan" jokes, which he immediately followed with admitting that A New Hope had lots of jokes as well, but that he just didn't care for that stuff. There were more people around me not caring or disliking The Force Awakens, but where TFA was mostly an ANH rehash, TLJ actually tries some new stuff, and now the fandumb has been angered.

Remember that The Empire Strikes Back was very polarising when it was released as well...

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

But fair enough. I'll go back to bashing the prequel era, despite liking them anyway, for a while. 

"Nintendo Direct Mini was almost as dodgy as that Clone Wars movie 10 years ago, like, it was cool and had some pretty sweet stuff, but overall, eh, and also like TCW, I hope it will lead to bigger and better things, namely a proper full on Direct soon"

Why feel the need to bash something Star Wars at all? You're you, half the stuff you talk about is things you dislike, be it recent or old.

10 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Think I'll give it a pass in the end. New Year's resolution was buying less games, I have enough unfinished that's more up my alley. (Whether I want it to or not, #MeToo)

Um... what was the significance of using that hashtag? Am I missing something here?

I know Funky is new on Switch, but felt like commenting as it's so obviously an overpowered character even for someone who hasn't played the game. When he was even able to go over spikes, I told my wife she'd probably like to play as him.

... Tropical Freeze still has co-op, right?

P.S. how cool would it be if the game Retro Studios has been working on the last four years was a reimagining of Donkey Kong, either 2(.5)D or 3D?

I'd be down for a new/reimagining Donkey Kong game. The only ones I've played much of are Returns and Tropical Freeze, but the Donkey Kong character is a lot of fun.

Tropical Freeze does have co-op, so it's awesome that they have Funky as an easier character. Heck, maybe my daughter would have fun playing as Funky! The way it works in singleplayer, you play as Donkey Kong and you get power ups that give you the other characters who ride on your back. Diddy gives you a jet pack, Cranky uses his cane to let you bounce higher, etc. From what I understand, co-op lets player two play as Diddy/Dixie/Cranky, but they're actually autonomous from Donkey Kong in that mode. BTW, a funny thing about the Donkey Kong characters... it's easy to refer to the side characters as their first names, but calling Donkey Kong "Donkey" sounds weird!

As it is known, I dislike the New Bros series, especially as Nintendo refuses to make a new F-Zero with the silly argument that they don't know how they could innovate the series. It's bloody F-Zero, "the same thing as before but with better graphics" would be awesome already.

Yeah, I remember that I defended the New Bros series a while back, but with me playing New Bros U after Odyssey, the step back is obvious. You were right all along. Now I'm just powering through so I can fight Bowser and move on.

16 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

So apparently it's now waiting for a "full" Direct, as a Mini-Direct is always soon followed by a bigger one. Don't know if we talked about this already but this table is new to me:

Cool, I'd be down for a full-blown hour-long Direct with more game announcements in a month (or less). The January Mini-Direct didn't have any 3DS information, and it seems like Nintendo wants to hype up the Pokemon Crystal VC release on January 26. Even if that's all they have for 3DS, it would make sense to put that into a Direct alongside the big Switch announcements. Bring it on!

4 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Um... what was the significance of using that hashtag? Am I missing something here?

It was just a silly wordplay joke on me getting forced stuff "up my alley".

I know it's a serious issue but I can't help but use it as a new form of "that's what she said" or "heyoo". I have the same opinion on serious issues as the South Park creators, in that we should be able to joke about everything, or we can't joke about anything at all.

I'd be down for a new/reimagining Donkey Kong game. The only ones I've played much of are Returns and Tropical Freeze, but the Donkey Kong character is a lot of fun.

Tropical Freeze does have co-op, so it's awesome that they have Funky as an easier character. Heck, maybe my daughter would have fun playing as Funky! The way it works in singleplayer, you play as Donkey Kong and you get power ups that give you the other characters who ride on your back. Diddy gives you a jet pack, Cranky uses his cane to let you bounce higher, etc. From what I understand, co-op lets player two play as Diddy/Dixie/Cranky, but they're actually autonomous from Donkey Kong in that mode. BTW, a funny thing about the Donkey Kong characters... it's easy to refer to the side characters as their first names, but calling Donkey Kong "Donkey" sounds weird!

Sounds like the Wii game co-op, where my wife would play non-Donkey Kong (agreed) and get on my back when stuff got hard.

Pretty excited to be able to play Tropical Freeze, didn't think I'd still get the chance. Probably top pick of Wii U games I would like to play.

Yeah, I remember that I defended the New Bros series a while back, but with me playing New Bros U after Odyssey, the step back is obvious. You were right all along. Now I'm just powering through so I can fight Bowser and move on.

Yay, I'm right!

Don't get me wrong, I never thought the series to be bad, just not my thing and taking resources away from the main series, which is so much better in my eyes. It's like not getting Jurassic World 2 so they can show me Jurassic Park 2 in 3D.

Cool, I'd be down for a full-blown hour-long Direct with more game announcements in a month (or less). The January Mini-Direct didn't have any 3DS information, and it seems like Nintendo wants to hype up the Pokemon Crystal VC release on January 26. Even if that's all they have for 3DS, it would make sense to put that into a Direct alongside the big Switch announcements. Bring it on!

Yeah, what with Bayonetta 1-2 releasing next month, I don't think there's even a small chance they won't have done a Direct before then. Most likely with a bit of 3DS stuff now that people still buy it.

Also, what's supposed to be the big title Switch release of January? I forget.

40 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

It was just a silly wordplay joke on me getting forced stuff "up my alley".

I know it's a serious issue but I can't help but use it as a new form of "that's what she said" or "heyoo". I have the same opinion on serious issues as the South Park creators, in that we should be able to joke about everything, or we can't joke about anything at all.

I'm not easily offended but I dunno. I guess I still have some mental lines I don't want to cross. Anyway, let's move on.

44 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

Don't get me wrong, I never thought the series to be bad, just not my thing and taking resources away from the main series, which is so much better in my eyes. It's like not getting Jurassic World 2 so they can show me Jurassic Park 2 in 3D.

It won't take much for Jurassic World 2 to be better than Jurassic Park 2, but i get your analogy. :P

46 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

Also, what's supposed to be the big title Switch release of January? I forget.

The only things I see are Lost Sphear (JRPG), that Celeste game from the Direct Mini, and a bunch of indies.

I'd say Dragon Quest Builders and Bayonetta 1+2 are the next big games but they're in February.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

It won't take much for Jurassic World 2 to be better than Jurassic Park 2, but i get your analogy. :P

It's more that I liked Jurassic Park 2 when I was a kid, but nowadays I like World a lot more and I'd rather see something knew than something I already know, only with updated graphics.

Yeah, I realise I just made a point against double dips as well. I stand by it.

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The only things I see are Lost Sphear (JRPG), that Celeste game from the Direct Mini, and a bunch of indies.

I'd say Dragon Quest Builders and Bayonetta 1+2 are the next big games but they're in February.

Maybe something that hasn't been revealed then? Or a second/third party thing? Or perhaps simply nothing because we're right out of December?

Just had a look and don't see anything bigger than Lost Sphear. Maybe something got delayed as February has a few big or semi-big titles. Or maybe they feel like spreading out big releases a bit more now that there's many indie games incoming each week.

17 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

It's more that I liked Jurassic Park 2 when I was a kid, but nowadays I like World a lot more and I'd rather see something knew than something I already know, only with updated graphics.

Except you said JP2 3D; that's not updated graphics, that's adding gimmicks to an existing movie. :P

Anyway, I don't mean to sound too bitter, JP2 was fine, but when I saw it years after release, it wasn't anything super special. Also, I am a long-time 3D movie hater.

JW2 should be fun, even if it's not better than JW1.

17 minutes ago, Simple Rick said:

Maybe something that hasn't been revealed then? Or a second/third party thing? Or perhaps simply nothing because we're right out of December?

Just had a look and don't see anything bigger than Lost Sphear. Maybe something got delayed as February has a few big or semi-big titles. Or maybe they feel like spreading out big releases a bit more now that there's many indie games incoming each week.

Yeah, maybe we'll get a surprise announcement. But I wouldn't be surprised at nothing major for January either. Nintendo's strategy might be to have a light month since all the new Christmas Switch owners are still playing BotW and SMO. I don't need any new games for now, but I'm always happy to hear about new games that look fun.

Anyway, if Nintendo does drop an unannounced game this month, I might have to react with anime game shock (pic is from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for Wii U by the way).

Spoiler

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_ED8_cropped.jpg

Edited by MosesRockefeller

16 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Except you said JP2 3D; that's not updated graphics, that's adding gimmicks to an existing movie. :P

Anyway, I don't mean to sound too bitter, JP2 was fine, but when I saw it years after release, it wasn't anything super special. Also, I am a long-time 3D movie hater.

JW2 should be fun, even if it's not better than JW1.

I'm deeply sorry my on-the-fly-not-using-TFA/TLJ metaphor wasn't perfect. Perhaps I should've used TFA vs TLJ after all, or a Jurassic Park 2 Special Edition.

I haven't given JP2 or JP3 for that matter a good view since seeing World. i don't need those two movies any more, it's now from Park straight on to World for me.

The idea of World 2 sounds very interesting, though I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like they're not exploring the dinosaurs-as-weapons-of-war angle a bit more. I expected World 2 to be about that, and then they get into the wild and World 3 is a decade or two into the future where man is almost extinct.

16 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Yeah, maybe we'll get a surprise announcement. But I wouldn't be surprised at nothing major for January either. Nintendo's strategy might be to have a light month since all the new Christmas Switch owners are still playing BotW and SMO. I don't need any new games for now, but I'm always happy to hear about new games that look fun.

Anyway, if Nintendo does drop an unannounced game this month, I might have to react with anime game shock (pic is from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for Wii U by the way).

Reveal hidden contents

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_ED8_cropped.jpg

I've got enough to play myself... I already want Kirby, Yoshi and Tropical Freeze from the upcoming games and I want to try to play more, buy less this year.

The Bayonettas have their price on the Switch now: €30 for the first and €50 for the second. Seems that you get a €20 discount on either if you buy the other, but I'd rather have B1 for €10 to try. Like this, I won't buy either right away.

Very tempted with pre-ordering Kirby though.

15 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

Don't think it will be watered down... If the game gets a proper remaster then the Switch version won't beat the PS4 one but it'll still look better than the PS3 original.

It's possible that maybe hitting the home button can suspend the game, and act as a pause function. Not that doing that works on the PS4 or anything, but you never know.

I just think it's a bad idea. People smash their controllers because of Dark Souls all the time. Now they will be risking their consoles life every time a boss kicks the shit out of them and they get angrier and angrier.

OMGOMGMGORNEKSK FOR 3DS OWNERS.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU IS COMING TO THE WEST ON MARCH 23RD WITH A DETECTIVR PIKACHU AMIIBO. HE IS MASSIVE.... I AM SO HYPED THAT'S WHY I AM TYPING IN CAPS LOL I CANNOT WAIT EJSNDNSKANE FJDBD DJS WJWJSKDBF SJEJEOWKFMFBFNSKFO IGHDJDJSOE

YESSSSSSSSS AFTER 2 YEARS WE GET ITTTTTTTTTT LOL

Sorry for my excitement on a Switch thread I just had to share :)

50 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's possible that maybe hitting the home button can suspend the game, and act as a pause function. Not that doing that works on the PS4 or anything, but you never know.

I just think it's a bad idea. People smash their controllers because of Dark Souls all the time. Now they will be risking their consoles life every time a boss kicks the shit out of them and they get angrier and angrier.

Those people need to git gud so they don't have to throw their controllers. :dunno:

@Shiny Suicune Wow, the stand is nice on the Detective Pikachu amiibo! 

Talking Pikachu feels weird and I didn't quite get what the gameplay is like from the trailer. I'll wait for reviews to see if it's my kind of a game. Just bought Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice for 3DS recently and I have like 6 or more games still unstarted on 3DS. Sometimes I wish they'd slow down all those great game releases. :|

12 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

@Shiny Suicune Wow, the stand is nice on the Detective Pikachu amiibo! 

Talking Pikachu feels weird and I didn't quite get what the gameplay is like from the trailer. I'll wait for reviews to see if it's my kind of a game. Just bought Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice for 3DS recently and I have like 6 or more games still unstarted on 3DS. Sometimes I wish they'd slow down all those great game releases. :|

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a AWESOME GAME omg. If the rumors are true about Capcom bringing one to Switch would be Awesome! I love Ace Attorney ♡♡♡ Hope you enjoy.

I just love the idea that Pokemon is used in a different way and he solves mysteries. Oh man my love for Sherlock Holmes is strong ♡♡♡♡♡

2 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

I'm deeply sorry my on-the-fly-not-using-TFA/TLJ metaphor wasn't perfect. Perhaps I should've used TFA vs TLJ after all, or a Jurassic Park 2 Special Edition.

I haven't given JP2 or JP3 for that matter a good view since seeing World. i don't need those two movies any more, it's now from Park straight on to World for me.

The idea of World 2 sounds very interesting, though I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like they're not exploring the dinosaurs-as-weapons-of-war angle a bit more. I expected World 2 to be about that, and then they get into the wild and World 3 is a decade or two into the future where man is almost extinct.

Just to clarify, I did get your metaphor. I'm just childish and couldn't resist a jab at JP2. However, at least it was better than JP3!

Your idea for JW sounds a bit like the Planet of the Apes series. I could enjoy that. Anyway, I agree, JP and JW1 are definitely the highlights of the series so far. I thought JW sounded dumb when it was first announced, but the cast helped pull it off.

2 hours ago, Simple Rick said:

The Bayonettas have their price on the Switch now: €30 for the first and €50 for the second. Seems that you get a €20 discount on either if you buy the other, but I'd rather have B1 for €10 to try. Like this, I won't buy either right away.

Hmm, that lines up with the pricing I saw a while back, but it was just rumored. If true, I see they are using the old 1 Euro = 1 USD pricing system again.

The games still aren't on the US Switch eShop, at least not as of last night when I last checked. Since I played B1 on PS3 fairly recently, I don't need to play it again (and it's part of my 2018 gaming resolutions to not double dip on games I've already played to completion). This gives me the options of:

a. Wait for a sale

b. Keep my retail preorder for $50 (for both games)

c. Buy B2 on the eShop for $50.

Right now, I'm leaning towards b. From what I understand, the retail version has a digital redemption code for B1, and B2 on the cartridge. Maybe I should sell you my B1 code for $10, which works out to me getting B2 for $40. ?

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

That was one of the cool things that Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 did on Vita... hitting the PS button would pause the games, unlike on PS3. I don't know if it's a requirement Nintendo and Sony have for their portable systems, but it seems like it's standard to have the games pause when hitting the Home/PS button. It's the only way the systems can go to sleep, I think.

Thank you for the comment about Dark Souls controller-smashing. It's another reminder of why I won't be buying the game. I accept I'm not part of the series' cult following. I have enough games that make me want to smash my controller...

37 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

OMGOMGMGORNEKSK FOR 3DS OWNERS.

DETECTIVE PIKACHU IS COMING TO THE WEST ON MARCH 23RD WITH A DETECTIVR PIKACHU AMIIBO. HE IS MASSIVE.... I AM SO HYPED THAT'S WHY I AM TYPING IN CAPS LOL I CANNOT WAIT EJSNDNSKANE FJDBD DJS WJWJSKDBF SJEJEOWKFMFBFNSKFO IGHDJDJSOE

YESSSSSSSSS AFTER 2 YEARS WE GET ITTTTTTTTTT LOL

Sorry for my excitement on a Switch thread I just had to share :)

That looks really cool. I wonder if the Detective Pikachu Amiibo will function as a normal Pikachu Amiibo in other games? I know nothing about the game and I'm not sure it's for me, but that Amiibo looks great.

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Not a Switch player, but I'm jealous of you guys. You'll be able to play Dark Souls during a bus ride!

6 hours ago, Valyrious said:

5 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Those people need to git gud so they don't have to throw their controllers. :dunno:

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thank you for the comment about Dark Souls controller-smashing. It's another reminder of why I won't be buying the game. I accept I'm not part of the series' cult following. I have enough games that make me want to smash my controller...

I don't think smashing stuff will be a problem for me, it's been years since I smashed a controller and I'm playing even harder games now (Völgarr, in handheld mode even).

I still am not sure if Dark Souls in handheld mode is a wise idea though. It's definitely a game that requires undivided attention.

7 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Me neither, AND... the world ends with you is back! 1f605.png but actually I was looking forward to gamecube emulator on switch... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Give it time, the GameCube games will come. Perhaps already with the big Direct that's coming soon.

Think it's time to take a break from The End Is Nigh.  I haven't used a guide at all during the playthrough thus far, but I just looked at one to see how many more worlds/levels there are left... and the guide I found makes no reference of the levels beyond where I've gotten to.  I thought I'd be done now. ?  Cool game, tough as nails.  I was pretty happy even when I finished just the first "main story" portion of the game, which was tough enough IMO.  The crazy super levels, and limited lives to do them, that come after are a bit too much (though i am making steady progress through it).

Save that for when I get a week off of work or something and can focus on it without feeling like I'm wasting my Sunday.  And when I'm not still getting over the flu, as I am currently.

Maybe I'll give Zelda BotW another swing, wasn't really feeling the open world shenanigans when I first picked it up.  Or give my PS4 some love again.

Edited by Dreakon13

I picked up the green and pink joycon yesterday, thought it was going to stay a japan exclusive so I was surprised to see it in EB Games

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controllers - Left and Right - Neon Pink/Neon Green

Edit: noticed that most of the pictures on google had Green (L) and Pink (R) controllers but mine is Pink (L) and Green (R) as in the above picture.

Edited by A-Brawl3r
  • Like 1

I have officially played and deleted the Dragon Quest Builders Demo.

I AM GETTING IT DAY ONE.

That is all lol

P.S All jokes aside, I didn't actually think I would like it but I love it that much I will also get the sequel for Switch as well. My Switch need love to ya know :P