Simple Rick

Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Questions for Switch gamers   81 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these titles that have sold 1M+ copies (as of November 20, 2017) did you play?

• The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
    • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    • Splatoon 2
    • Super Mario Odyssey
    • 1-2-Switch
    • Arms
  2. 2. Which mode do you play the most?

• I play exclusively in docked mode
    • I play mostly in docked mode
    • I play both modes about equally
    • I play mostly in handheld mode
    • I play exclusively in handheld mode
  3. 3. How many titles have you played on your Switch?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,629 posts in this topic

Watched the Nintendo Labo announcement video at work today and I was wowed. Nintendo exceeded all my expectations with this amazing innovation. When I saw the cardboard piano playing matching sounds on the Switch I thought "what is this sorcery?!" and then it escalated into controlling a robot with your movements. Offering a suggestion of customizing your cardboard creations was a nice touch as well. I have a feeling they may have thought the whole family could collaborate in creating the Toy-Cons, leaving the more demanding crafts to older members of the family and even the small ones can help decorate. 

Not much into crafting since my childhood days but I might pick up the Variety Kit in April just to experience this stuff! 

I think someone posted a screenshot of the Nintendo Labo kits being on Amazon's top sellers list today. In April they will be all sold out and people will be selling them for triple the price on ebay, so better pre-order yours if you want them. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

I think someone posted a screenshot of the Nintendo Labo kits being on Amazon's top sellers list today. In April they will be all sold out and people will be selling them for triple the price on ebay, so better pre-order yours if you want them. :lol: 

I forgot to do this last night but I just looked on Amazon to see how much they are and they are £59.99 over in England which actually isn't a bad price! I thought it would be £100+ easy, but they look like there sticking to the for kids motto which is nice to see. :) 

Oxenfree is on sale for €5, as in 75% off of the full price. That's also the cheapest it ever was on PS4. Don't know if I can resist that price.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

As an amateur pianist, there are some great options that aren't too expensive. And you'll get all the cool sound effects you can use in addition to a classic piano. SO that's cool. Hopefully you'll get more use out of yours if you decide to get one.

Yeah I used to have a keyboard as a teen. Don't know what I would want now, electronic or classic. I'll figure it out eventually.

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, have we talked about Amiibo here yet? With the success of the Switch, I hope Nintendo goes back and rereleases out-of-print Amiibo, or makes new editions of them. For example, the SMO Mario is fine, but I'd much rather have the classic Super Mario series Mario, since it is a version of him from more than one game. Right now I have a quest to get the Bowser Jr Amiibo, and they only made one version of him. I don't feel like paying $30 for a second-hand used copy. My wish is that Nintendo sees the value in ramping up Amiibo production. I went from having 3 from the 3DS/Wii U days, to getting like 8 more (only one of which was new in-store) after the Switch got me more excited about Nintendo as a company. One other thing - only a handful of games made really clever use of Amiibo on the Wii U and 3DS, so I hope Nintendo improves that with upcoming Switch games. So far they've done fine, but there is room for improvement. They have done a good job of not gating off content so far. Hopefully they will use them for optional costumes and such going forward. Yoshi's Woolly World had a cool implementation, where scanning in any of 20 or so supported Amiibo, unlocked a skin for Yoshi based on the Amiibo in question. Playing as Yarn Yoshi with a Mario skin is pretty cool.

Reveal hidden contents

How cute is this?

Mario-amiibo-yoshi.png

Bit of a long read for me now as my eyes are tired but I've got a bunch of Amiibo, I mostly use them as collectables though.

1 hour ago, Shiny Suicune said:

@Simple Rick No seriously. My boyfriend amd I like it and my daughter likes playing with the Switch. She loves Bomberman and Mario Kart so why not? She even played the Switch Monopoly version xD. So I know she might like this :P

Sounds like how @MosesRockefellerwants to get his kid to become a gamer :)

1 hour ago, Miles_Warren said:

I'm calling it now...Nintendo Labo is the next big thing. I think this might be one of the reasons Nintendo expect to ship 20 million Switch consoles this year (the other been the release of either Metroid or Pokemon). 

I agree that Labo will be popular for a certain audience, but will it actually be huge?

Might be, I don't know. Doesn't feel like it will be huge though.