Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

2 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

If it was, we would have more terrible games honestly. Me personally, if the fans want a "perfect" game for them, have them develop it. I mean they want it their way right?

Yea but guess what, everyone kept calling it Harvest Moon right? So how is it it's "own" game if people are comparing it to an already existing game?

Also he got lucked out. Not everyone wins in that category.

Agree to disagree. Ithink you're a bit black-and-white on this one.

His whole intention was to make a better Harvest Moon, having Stardew Valley take the best bits of all Harvest Moon games and adding a few things people always wanted in the series.

And he's not nearly the only example of a game being improved through listening to the audience. But again, you seem extremely set on your narrow view in this one so I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

Just now, Cthulhu said:

Agree to disagree. Ithink you're a bit black-and-white on this one.

His whole intention was to make a better Harvest Moon, having Stardew Valley take the best bits of all Harvest Moon games and adding a few things people always wanted in the series.

And he's not nearly the only example of a game being improved through listening to the audience. But again, you seem extremely set on your narrow view in this one so I'm not going to bother continuing the discussion.

How am I narrow?

People always scream for "NEW GAMES"

Yet always want old ones remastered or remade. Soooo what is the point of new consoles then? People are already calling the PS4 a remaster system. So it just seems like listening to the "fans" will make the Switch follow as well. 

Also that is kinda rude saying someone is narrow just cause the opinion is slightly different than yours but whatever. Your the narrow one here but hey, who is asking right?

20 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

How am I narrow?

People always scream for "NEW GAMES"

Yet always want old ones remastered or remade. Soooo what is the point of new consoles then? People are already calling the PS4 a remaster system. So it just seems like listening to the "fans" will make the Switch follow as well. 

Also that is kinda rude saying someone is narrow just cause the opinion is slightly different than yours but whatever. Your the narrow one here but hey, who is asking right?

You seem to be angry and irrational, which I've seen you do more often when someone continues to disagree with you so that's why I want to break off the discussion.

You're narrow in that you don't see the middle ground. Getting new games, as well as ports. Listening to fans, and knowing when you know what's better for your game than the fans do. It doesn't all have to be either one or the other, yet you assume that you've found the one true view.

Calling my view narrow simply because I called yours so while I'm saying there's more shades of truth here is just silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

The card was actually reasonably priced at the moment, which is why I got it now. Per GB it was about the same as my 128GB card last year, and the higher cards aren't usually thus cheap.

All it costs me extra next to that is that I can't sell games on again, then again most of the games I've bought on Switch are digital only anyway. It's with games like Skyrim and Mario Kart where I'm thinking I'll be playing that for years down the line, so I don't know what use physical would be for me for such games.

Yeah, L.A. Noire being a big install even with cartridge is one of the two reasons why I'd never get it physical, the other reason being it's another game that I'll play for years down the line.

Yeah it'll be cheaper eventually, on the other hand it's good to show a company like Rockstar that people will buy this game on the Switch before it's a one digit price, and now I have a huge game for my summer holiday, along with a few platformers and some pinball machines. And yeah, I bought the game on X360 day one and paid for all DLC, later got the complete edition on PS3 for €5 or so and now I'm paying big again to get it portable (and to make my PS3 one step closer to being obsolete).

How it could have worked though, is Sony releasing emulation programs so all discs from any earlier generation could still be used.

I almost did a few times, but all I'd play on it is only games I already played. Alan Wake and Jet Force Gemini. A couple of games I loved on X360 are not on X1 and never will be.

Microsoft really has nothing worthwhile in exclusive titles compared to Nintendo or Sony.

Nice. I picked up another 128gb card the other week for I think around 45ish, which is pretty damn decent to say the least, at least here.

I mean you're paying more in the sense that, every game that is 90 on the eShop is usually 70 odd at most in store day one, like, that stacks up after a while dude.

Thirteen point something gig installed off the cart, ridiculous honestly. You could always make it your one game, and leave it in the slot for all those years though.

You're not wrong, but like, RDR2 ain't gonna be coming over either way (barring some miracle) and as far as the classic / older games go, I mean, they port them to just about anything, so so long as the console sales are there, I can't see a reason they wouldn't eventually bring over the iOS/Android ports of the PS2 trilogy. I doubt any news on GTA V AT LEAST until Nintendo sorts out what they're doing with their online, GTAO does crazy money.

The PS2 emulator is built into the OS, hackers have shown it running actual PS2 discs and ISOs. So that news leaked, Sony said nothing, fair enough. Then Microshaft makes the OG Xbox emu happen and starts bringing over games, Sony said nothing, eff you. Basically Sony are winning and could easily do something massively consumer friendly that clearly people want, but nah, they're happy being good old arrogant Sony from 2005. I'd be *sort of* okay with it if they at least released some old games digitally but outisde of the Jak collection did they even actually release any PS2 games on PS4 last year? Legit question.

I know the feel. Licensing issues are one of the many banes of my existence.

Microsoft actually have a fair few exclusives, and recently released ones at that, like Super Lucky's Tale, Sea of Thieves, and State of Decay 2, all fine games on their own, but to be honest, none of them can really hold my attention for more than five minutes, so they aren't really selling points either.

43 minutes ago, soniq said:

The reason PS2 ran PS1 games is that it also had the necessary chips built in. So in that case the hardware was similar, like the first batch of PS3s had an Emotion Engine to play PS2 games, before they switched to software emulation.

Gamecube, Wii and Wii U all ran on IBM PowerPC processors and AMD graphics chips. That's the reason why you could just put a Gamecube disc into your Wii, plug in controllers and memory cards and play the games. It's also pretty much the best example of similar hardware over multiple generations of consoles.

That's why I hope that we'll move in that direction with future consoles since they scrapped their exotic designs for now. :)

God, I fucking wish. The *built in* hidden Game Cube emulator in the Wii U is literally the only thing that kept it around for the last couple years.

57 minutes ago, soniq said:

True, but the Wii came out 12 years ago and a lot has changed with digital marketplaces and hardware development since then. You are right that I bought the games for my Wii, but I also expected to keep them for my Wii. Like I kept old Gameboy and Super Nintendo games.

Just because we accepted something in the cartridge days, when videogames were still toys and most new systems weren't compatible with the older ones, that changed as soon as manufacturers switched to optical discs and gaming became a cultural phenomenon. And now with digital downloads and similar hardware (it's all AMD or nVidia, no more Emotion Engines and Cells), I expect games to last like any other media. You can still listen to an audio CD or watch a DVD in your brand new 4K UHD Bluray player. Or listen to mp3s you downloaded from Napster in the 90s.

You're not wrong, but when Phillips makes a CD player, they don't do it to war with Toshiba's CD players. They all conform to the same standards, the same cannot (unfortunately) be said for console games

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, yo, that free Pokemon game is pretty fun so far, nothing like the normal games from what I know, but that's cool with me, someone who outside of a handful of hours with Silver and Platinum, has never played a *real* Poke game.

FTR: I've also never played Pokemon Go, basically making me the modern day equivalent of a virgin sacrifice, pure and hard to come by ;)

3 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Nice. I picked up another 128gb card the other week for I think around 45ish, which is pretty damn decent to say the least, at least here.

That's prettydamn cheap, that's like €30. Paid €50 for mine.

I mean you're paying more in the sense that, every game that is 90 on the eShop is usually 70 odd at most in store day one, like, that stacks up after a while dude.

Over here, digital and physical seem to be the exact same price with the physical being a bit more expensive occasionally doe to import stuff (the games being €60 digitally, but on occasion €65 physically).

If I ever see a physical game noticably cheaper, you bet that I'll re-evaluate my view.

Thirteen point something gig installed off the cart, ridiculous honestly. You could always make it your one game, and leave it in the slot for all those years though.

The silly thing is that there's bigger carts possible but for some reason Nintendo can't or won't meet supplier's needs, and in case of L.A. Noire it needed a LOT of cartridges.

Also, somehow the PS3 level Switch game is 27GB while the PS4 one with better graphics is only 17. It'll have something to do with Take Two saying they refuse to compromise and want to give Switch gamers the exact same experience, meaning the devs will have to do some workarounds, but still that's a damn big increase in size.

You're not wrong, but like, RDR2 ain't gonna be coming over either way (barring some miracle) and as far as the classic / older games go, I mean, they port them to just about anything, so so long as the console sales are there, I can't see a reason they wouldn't eventually bring over the iOS/Android ports of the PS2 trilogy. I doubt any news on GTA V AT LEAST until Nintendo sorts out what they're doing with their online, GTAO does crazy money.

I wouldn't mind the GTA 3 trilogy on the Switch but it better not be the Android port like the X360 got. Also, I wouldn't put it past them to put the first Red Dead Redemption game on the Switch, if L.A. Noire sells enough.

The PS2 emulator is built into the OS, hackers have shown it running actual PS2 discs and ISOs. So that news leaked, Sony said nothing, fair enough. Then Microshaft makes the OG Xbox emu happen and starts bringing over games, Sony said nothing, eff you. Basically Sony are winning and could easily do something massively consumer friendly that clearly people want, but nah, they're happy being good old arrogant Sony from 2005. I'd be *sort of* okay with it if they at least released some old games digitally but outisde of the Jak collection did they even actually release any PS2 games on PS4 last year? Legit question.

I'm not keeping up with the PS2 titles so I don't know. After the Star Wars games, Psychonauts and Jak 1, there's not much on PS2 that can make me interested right now.

I know the feel. Licensing issues are one of the many banes of my existence.

Don't know if you read my earlier post about The Pinball Arcade to @MarkusT1992 but two thirds of the tables have gone poof because one licence holder decided not to renew. Assholes.

Microsoft actually have a fair few exclusives, and recently released ones at that, like Super Lucky's Tale, Sea of Thieves, and State of Decay 2, all fine games on their own, but to be honest, none of them can really hold my attention for more than five minutes, so they aren't really selling points either.

They got things like Halo and Cuphead too. I'd probably get Cuphead if I had the system but it's not a system seller to me. And there's still no sight of a new Alan Wake game.

@Asvinia forgot to mention this earlier but thinking about it now: that list of 31 Switch exclusives you mention is just the list of games only on Switch that have a Wikipedia page. And unless you also play on all three of Wii U, 3DS and Steam, the number of games you'll only play on Switch is significantly higher.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:34 AM, Cthulhu said:

I'm wondering about everyone here who buys mainly physical: how do you take your games with you when you play on the move (or do you even play on the move at all)? Do you have a Switch carrying case with room for games, or do you have a bunch of those plastic holders?

I personally don't play on the move at all really.  All of my daily comings and goings involve me driving, so there's no "playing on the bus" or anything... I wouldn't play the Switch at work, and if I'm out and about for some reason (running errands, meeting up with people, etc) there typically isn't much of an excuse to have my head in a game.

Also, the few times I actually took my Switch out of the dock just to try it, I always found the screen too small.  Maybe it's just all the years at this point of playing on a big screen, but I couldn't focus on it well at all.  I dunno how people would actually play a game like Dark Souls Remastered out in public on a little screen like that, something that requires such focus and reflexes.

Long story short, all of my games are on the shelf alongside my PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One games.

Edited by Dreakon13

I forgot to mention Labo... I have now built all the Variety Kit creations EXCEPT the motorbike, which I know @Cthulhu was curious about. What can I say, it was the least appealing to my 4-year-old daughter. I've enjoyed building them all, and my daughter only helped for minor parts. The piano is pretty fun, but the rest are at least interesting to play with.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

I got Golf Story today, husbando bought it for me and got 4 € off the price with My Nintendo points. Downloaded it and I'll tee off probably tomorrow. Been playing Everybody's Golf on Vita lately too so kind of continuing the same theme. Kind of hoping it won't be as challenging as EG so I can actually finish the game sometime. ?

13 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I got Golf Story today, husbando bought it for me and got 4 € off the price with My Nintendo points. Downloaded it and I'll tee off probably tomorrow. Been playing Everybody's Golf on Vita lately too so kind of continuing the same theme. Kind of hoping it won't be as challenging as EG so I can actually finish the game sometime. 1f605.png

Yeah, Golf Story is not really the same theme. That's like saying Shaun Of The Dead is the same theme as Resident Evil :D

Fun game, though. Enjoy.

It appears I've already spent over three hours in The Pinball Arcade. Huh.

9 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

@Asvinia forgot to mention this earlier but thinking about it now: that list of 31 Switch exclusives you mention is just the list of games only on Switch that have a Wikipedia page. And unless you also play on all three of Wii U, 3DS and Steam, the number of games you'll only play on Switch is significantly higher.

True, true. I went out and picked up Darkest Dungeon as well today. My nightly reading will become my nightly Switch playing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

You seem to be angry and irrational, which I've seen you do more often when someone continues to disagree with you so that's why I want to break off the discussion.

You're narrow in that you don't see the middle ground. Getting new games, as well as ports. Listening to fans, and knowing when you know what's better for your game than the fans do. It doesn't all have to be either one or the other, yet you assume that you've found the one true view.

Calling my view narrow simply because I called yours so while I'm saying there's more shades of truth here is just silly.

Do you not understand that you calling me "narrow" just cause I didn't agree is calling me names?

But believe what you want. Also "assuming" I'm *angry* and *irrational* is funny because this is the internet lol.

So have fun with your one sided actual beliefs and leave other people alone lol

2 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Do you not understand that you calling me "narrow" just cause I didn't agree is calling me names?

But believe what you want. Also "assuming" I'm *angry* and *irrational* is funny because this is the internet lol.

So have fun with your one sided actual beliefs and leave other people alone lol

On 29/05/2018 at 10:46 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

Sorry to say but I do not see the 3DS Pokemon games coming to Switch hence why Ultra Sun and Moon is the last games for the exclusivity on the 3DS. 

What we need is an open world Pokemon game like Gale Of Darkness.

Leave the 3DS games alone. Worry only about the Switch. The switch will get new games or ports. If Japan wishes so.

For example Code Princess.

It's coming to Switch as Code Princess DX.

Let them decide not yourselves

Your "belief" that started this discussion was telling other people what they should and should not care about so you saying "leave other people alone" is very ironic.

And yes your view is narrow. You're firmly rooted in the belief that you're right while I'm the one saying there's different opinions out there equally valid to the one you started proclaiming. Yet you refuse to accept validity of any of the counter-arguments presented, instead playing the wounded deer while all I was initially telling you is that your opinion is not the absolute truth.

You keep huffing and puffing yet you don't see how childish you're behaving. And again, it's not the first time you're doing this. I just hoped that by now you'd notice yourself but once again, we're in the very same situation - you proclaiming an opinion and then yelling "the internet" when people remind you that there's other opinions out there.

On 29/05/2018 at 3:44 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

Let me know what you think if you get Noire. It's a little more expensive than I want to pay, but I don't have much motivation to play it on the PS3 (where I already own it). The portability of the Switch version, along with the touch-screen option that is apparently very nice, are tempting me.

Just played the first mission on television and it pretty much plays as smooth as the PS3 version did. I don't have the PS4 remastered version so I don't know how it compares to that. I'll probably be playing in handheld mode from now on.

And again, Black & White mode is great.

Just by the end of the intro, I'm right back in the mood. It's great, having so many cool games that I don't know what to play first.

@MarkusT1992 I don't know if you've bought a table pack for The Pinball Arcade yet but I'm playing a bit now and I've realised what the issue was with those two tables I mentioned. Apparently there's different camera viewpoints to choose from. The on that's automatically selected on sideview mode with camera locked is number 4, which provides an overview for all the tables I own, except the two I mentioned. Switching to camera number 3 fixed this for me.

I'm even happier with the game now that I know the above isn't a real bug but just a camera issue that has a workaround by selecting a different camera for those tables. Meaning I might just buy another table pack for my summer holiday.

Edited by Cthulhu

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

@MarkusT1992 I don't know if you've bought a table pack for The Pinball Arcade yet but I'm playing a bit now and I've realised what the issue was with those two tables I mentioned. Apparently there's different camera viewpoints to choose from. The on that's automatically selected on sideview mode with camera locked is number 4, which provides an overview for all the tables I own, except the two I mentioned. Switching to camera number 3 fixed this for me.

I'm even happier with the game now that I know the above isn't a real bug but just a camera issue that has a workaround by selecting a different camera for those tables. Meaning I might just buy another table pack for my summer holiday.

Not yet, I bought Golf Story first. I'm still not entirely sure which pack to get first.

I also tried Golf Story and it seems interesting so far. I think you can compare it with Inazuma Eleven, a series I like a lot, but with golf.

That being said, I hope there will be an Inazuma Eleven game on the switch some time.

@MosesRockefeller played two missions of L.A. Noire in handheld mode and the game still works like a charm.

I found a funny porting bug though. In the third story mission, you're running after a perp. What the game's supposed to do (and did in the old versions) is have the guy keep you at a distance until the scripted ending, but now I found myself easily outrunning him, yet not being allowed to tackle him.

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Not yet, I bought Golf Story first. I'm still not entirely sure which pack to get first.

I also tried Golf Story and it seems interesting so far. I think you can compare it with Inazuma Eleven, a series I like a lot, but with golf.

That being said, I hope there will be an Inazuma Eleven game on the switch some time.

Yeah Golf Story is cool. I don't know what Inazuma Eleven is.

On 5/29/2018 at 3:34 AM, Cthulhu said:

I'm wondering about everyone here who buys mainly physical: how do you take your games with you when you play on the move (or do you even play on the move at all)? Do you have a Switch carrying case with room for games, or do you have a bunch of those plastic holders?

I exclusively play on the move, and exclusively buy physical for Switch when available. I use the HORI card holder, same series of card holders I used for 3DS/DS and I love it (they make a Vita version too which is prohibitively rare and expensive, unfortunately). Same with the Switch case proper, I just imported a HORI semi-hard shell protector only holds the Switch and two connected Joycon, no games (which matches my HORI 3DS one to boot).

GD1WR8S.jpg

Edited by crauuecrauue

I just googled "Nintendo switch dark souls" and it automatically suggested "Nintendo switch dark souls no trophies". Hmmmm anyways, I was actually looking up Pinball Arcade as I love the series and the switch basically has the Stern version, In a wtf moment I looked deeper into it and noticed there's 11 tables so can't wait to get my hands on this. Maybe at the shops tonight if I can find it somewhere. I'm going to guess that Gottlieb, Williams and Bally are all going to be DLC.

Yes that was a stupid Siegmeyer pun before, I'm kind of interested in switches Dark Souls though they really need to speed up release dates on multiplats or it's too late for the system.

20 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I just googled "Nintendo switch dark souls" and it automatically suggested "Nintendo switch dark souls no trophies". Hmmmm anyways, I was actually looking up Pinball Arcade as I love the series and the switch basically has the Stern version, In a wtf moment I looked deeper into it and noticed there's 11 tables so can't wait to get my hands on this. Maybe at the shops tonight if I can find it somewhere. I'm going to guess that Gottlieb, Williams and Bally are all going to be DLC.

Yes that was a stupid Siegmeyer pun before, I'm kind of interested in switches Dark Souls though they really need to speed up release dates on multiplats or it's too late for the system.

WAIT UP!

Yes there's The Stern Pinball Arcade, but all its tables are available in The Pinball Arcade as well. It's 12 Stern tables by the way, one of the tables (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein) is free in both games.

The Stern Pinball Arcade will only have Stern tables. The Pinball Arcade already has 22 Gottlieb tables.

Williams and Bally tables are not available on the Switch and will be pulled from the other systems soon. The licence holder refused to renew the licence for Farsight Studios. So unfortunately, for now it's unsure if there ever will be any Williams/Bally tables on the Switch.

The Pinball Arcade was available on the eShop for a few hours with all tables from the first four seasons until they realised they weren't even allowed to sell Williams/Bally tables at all on the Switch and had to pull the game. There's a couple of lucky people out there with all those tables...

I really hope they manage to regain the license. That's over 60 tables all made and ready to be profited from by the studio and the licence holder so not renewing the licence is a weird action unless they're planning on releasing their own game.

6 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

WAIT UP!

Yes there's The Stern Pinball Arcade, but all its tables are available in The Pinball Arcade as well. It's 12 Stern tables by the way, one of the tables (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein) is free in both games.

The Stern Pinball Arcade will only have Stern tables. The Pinball Arcade already has 22 Gottlieb tables.

Williams and Bally tables are not available on the Switch and will be pulled from the other systems soon. The licence holder refused to renew the licence for Farsight Studios. So unfortunately, for now it's unsure if there ever will be any Williams/Bally tables on the Switch.

The Pinball Arcade was available on the eShop for a few hours with all tables from the first four seasons until they realised they weren't even allowed to sell Williams/Bally tables at all on the Switch and had to pull the game. There's a couple of lucky people out there with all those tables...

I really hope they manage to regain the license. That's over 60 tables all made and ready to be profited from by the studio and the licence holder so not renewing the licence is a weird action unless they're planning on releasing their own game.

I think the switch version is a bargain tbh with you, I didn't realize there was 12 tables so I guess I missed Frankenstein, Now you've also answered the question as to why the ps4 now has stern only but I have the disc version so screw you "Licence holder". I have the PBA since the Wii and Ps2, it is the best emulation available and I'm a strictly hard copy kind of guy. Imo the weakest port is the 3ds version though the rest are like silk. The switch can handle this easy so here's hoping hard copy is in a store at the mall. Also with the PBA I love the unlockables and online scores so the trophies I don't care about. With that said my rarest trophies on ps4 and ps3 happen to be from Pinball Arcade.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

I think the switch version is a bargain tbh with you, I didn't realize there was 12 tables so I guess I missed Frankenstein, Now you've also answered the question as to why the ps4 now has stern only but I have the disc version so screw you "Licence holder". I have the PBA since the Wii and Ps2, it is the best emulation available and I'm a strictly hard copy kind of guy. Imo the weakest port is the 3ds version though the rest are like silk. The switch can handle this easy so here's hoping hard copy is in a store at the mall. Also with the PBA I love the unlockables and online scores so the trophies I don't care about. With that said my rarest trophies on ps4 and ps3 happen to be from Pinball Arcade.

I had the first The Pinball Arcade X360 game with all the tables that came out back then.

I've bought season one on PS4 in a sale. Kind of forgot about the game once later seasons started appearing.

The Switch version immediately became my favourite because you can use it sideways, making for a perfect table overview. Too bad Williams/Bally is unavailable for now.

Regarding price: the Gottlieb tables at least are really cheap compared to other versions, €1,67 to €1,80 per table. Then the Stern and Alvin G & Co packs up the ante by doing €3,33 to €4 per table, and then there's one original Farsight Studios table for €5.

On PS4, most season packs cost €10 and are for ten to twelve tables, so €2,50 to€3 per table. Season One has 21 tables for the same price (So €1,43 per table) which includes some of the Gottlieb/Stern tables in the Switch packs.

So I'd say while the Gottlieb packs are certainly well priced, the other packs seem a wee bit high. Note that one of the Stern packs contains the free Frankenstein game, so you're getting five instead of six tables for the same €20.

Personally I would have preferred if they'd just brought all these tables as one full game for €60 (it now all together costs €91) and then brought newer tables in DLC packs for a per table price of €2 to €3.

Once again, I do love the game even more on the Switch and I will probably shell out for the more expensive packs eventually, partially using gold coins to explain the price away for myself. I now bought all the Gottlieb table packs and used about €15 in gold coins on them, so I've been thinking about getting the two Stern packs, using my current €5 or so gold coins on them and saying I've spent all coins to bring the Stern packs down to €10 per pack. I bought my first Gottlieb pack (n3 because of Black Hole) completely with gold coins because I was a bit hesitant at first but it's now obvious that I'll spend dozens of hours on this game in between story games.