Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I've been seeing more and more of this game lately, people talking about it here and on other sites.  I love metroidvania's and don't really have anything against pinball... I may have to put it on the wishlist myself (physical copy of course).

Well me being in the middle of loving The Pinball Arcade again may have influenced me a bit :)

Yoku's Island Express is available physical, be prepared to pay double the price that I paid digitally (or wait for a long while until it's the same used).

I did another "browse the whole eShop" today (if the above status wasn't obvious enough) and I noticed one game that was actually cheaper physically than digitally - Breath Of The Wild, which is €70 digitally but was €60 - €65 physically here.

I'm playing Rayman Legends on the PS4 by the way. Had it physically years ago, traded/sold itafter playing through,going for the platinum now it's on PS+. I really enjoy replaying it and I'll probably get it again on the Switch if it's ever €10 or so.

Forgot to mention it above but I also bought Membrane.

36 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Well me being in the middle of loving The Pinball Arcade again may have influenced me a bit :)

Yoku's Island Express is available physical, be prepared to pay double the price that I paid digitally (or wait for a long while until it's the same used).

I did another "browse the whole eShop" today (if the above status wasn't obvious enough) and I noticed one game that was actually cheaper physically than digitally - Breath Of The Wild, which is €70 digitally but was €60 - €65 physically here.

I'm playing Rayman Legends on the PS4 by the way. Had it physically years ago, traded/sold itafter playing through,going for the platinum now it's on PS+. I really enjoy replaying it and I'll probably get it again on the Switch if it's ever €10 or so.

Forgot to mention it above but I also bought Membrane.

Going by retail shop prices (I'm assuming that's what you're doing)... you'll never really find cheaper games unless you trust their used copies or catch them in the midst of a sale.  And as we've talked about, Nintendo games are notorious for not getting particularly cheap quickly, even secondhand.  (I think Nintendo has a tendency to not manufacture as many copies as other platforms/publishers. keeping supply and demand a little more even and the price doesn't change as much).

Your best bet for finding cheap games will almost always be eBay, throwing lowball bids at auctions or lowball offers at Buy It Now/Best Offer situations (even for new copies if you're concerned about supporting the dev).  Looking at it, I could likely wiggle my way into a $40 copy of Zelda BotW if I tried, versus $60 on the eShop.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm aware of Yoku's increased price for physical.  We've been over the whole indie game going retail thing. ;)  They play by different rules.

Edited by Dreakon13

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Going by retail shop prices (I'm assuming that's what you're doing)... you'll never really find cheaper games unless you trust their used copies or catch them in the midst of a sale.  And as we've talked about, Nintendo games are notorious for not getting particularly cheap quickly, even secondhand.  (I think Nintendo has a tendency to not manufacture as many copies as other platforms/publishers. keeping supply and demand a little more even and the price doesn't change as much).

It's more that Nintendo games will be in demand for ages. Like Rockstar has now with Grand Theft Auto V, the game shops here still won't have used copies for longer than a week or so until they're sold again.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm aware of Yoku's increased price for physical.  We've been over the whole indie game going retail thing. ;)  They play by different rules.

Yeah I know, just saying, didn't know if you realised the price of this specific physical game. At least Axiom Verge is brought as a collector's edition.

Anyway I've played Yoku's Island Express until the main title by now and it's such a cool and sweet game... And @MosesRockefeller will be glad to know that it has a map.

1 hour ago, Cthulhu said:

It's more that Nintendo games will be in demand for ages. Like Rockstar has now with Grand Theft Auto V, the game shops here still won't have used copies for longer than a week or so until they're sold again.

Perhaps, but it's kind of like the NES/SNES Classics... I think Nintendo in general tends to be a little more stingy when it comes to the number of units they manufacture upfront.  Where other companies make so many copies of their games everyone and their grandmother can get it, driving interest and the price down as different sellers compete for our business, Nintendo tries (and occasionally fails) to make just enough copies of their products to meet the bare minimum of demand... keeping everyone on their toes and their games roughly around the retail prices in perpetuity.

Which is probably why the indies are right at home on the Switch.  Except they manufacture their games in limited quantities just out of necessity. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

8 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Perhaps, but it's kind of like the NES/SNES Classics... I think Nintendo in general tends to be a little more stingy when it comes to the number of units they manufacture upfront.  Where other companies make so many copies of their games everyone and their grandmother can get it, driving interest and the price down as different sellers compete for our business, Nintendo tries (and occasionally fails) to make just enough copies of their products to meet the bare minimum of demand... keeping everyone on their toes and their games roughly around the retail prices in perpetuity.

I think not overproducing is a good thing though (not just because of the environment, but I remember E.T.) and I feel like in thus digital age, production of games matters a bit less, since many people buy digital these days. Nintendo even stated how a game like Mario Kart on the Switch sold much more digital than physical and was one of their first games to do so. Probable reason is that Mario Kart is not something you play through once but something you want to have ready in case there's peoole who want to play a few courses.

8 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Which is probably why the indies are right at home on the Switch.  Except they manufacture their games in limited quantities just out of necessity. ;)

Indies are at home on the Switch because the Switch is new, so there's not many AAA games yet. Many indie developers have stated that their download numbers on Switch were higher than the other consoles combined, like with Shovel Knight. Take a setting like that, and it explains why there's also a high ratio of indie games on the Switch going physical. There's just not that many physical games yet on the Switch, odds of your game getting picked up are much higher on the Switch than on the X1 or PS4, and because not every multiplatform game appears on the Switch thanks to it not being as powerful, this will remain so for a while.

5 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I watched the video in the eShop. Great art style; it reminds me of Ori. The gameplay looks solid too. Interesting. 

Wat, nothing about me buying Bayonetta? :)

I played some more Yoku last night, and I really recommend it. It's very well done with nice graphics and music, the gsmeplay is cool and refreshing and it's got a nice dose of humour.

6 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I think not overproducing is a good thing though (not just because of the environment, but I remember E.T.) and I feel like in thus digital age, production of games matters a bit less, since many people buy digital these days. Nintendo even stated how a game like Mario Kart on the Switch sold much more digital than physical and was one of their first games to do so. Probable reason is that Mario Kart is not something you play through once but something you want to have ready in case there's peoole who want to play a few courses.

If I'm being honest, this point has me thinking about digital a little bit.

On the one hand, I used to game on PC and I had 600+ games on Steam.  This would lead to me jumping from game to game until I had 20-30 installed over time (until I decided to uninstall everything and try again) and not settling on any one game.  Granted I still have that same short attention span on console, but the mild inconvenience of disc/cartridge swapping keeps me at a more modest 2-3 games and less bombarded with options overall.

On the other hand, I do miss the PC/Steam days.  Given my time/patience/attention span, I'd almost rather have 20 short games than 2 long ones, and I'd rather do it as cheap as possible in that case.  xD  The day I go digital though, is the day I give up consoles again.  With NoDVD cracks and services like GOG emphasizing no DRM... it feels like the games I buy digitally on PC are mine.  I can spend $100 on a 4TB external HDD and store my games for use as long as I have a computer (which I likely always will given what I do for a living)... and while you can mostly do the same with consoles, you don't really have the game files and you're at the mercy of these digital storefronts allowing you access to your games.  Especially as the generations pass, consoles and games become old and less supported or outright removed from the storefront, and how Sony's tightened things up with "Primary PS4s" and so on.  Yeah... it's easy, it's convenient in the moment... but it feels like a new era of "renting" games.

Going digital on consoles, especially when it comes to "one playthrough" games, streaming services like PSNow and the revolving door of games offered in PS+/Xbox Live Gold and/or Game Pass... looks to me like those who prefer games to be stricken from the record books once they're done with them... rather than letting them live on in some way, however insignificant a game on a shelf may ultimately be.

EDIT: Apologies for the wall of text, but just to clarify... I know that doesn't apply to everyone.  Many gamers that have gone digital try and find ways to "own" their games.  But it seems like fewer and fewer gamers these days look at games and think "where will this game be 1-3-5-10 years from now" and more "whats the cheapest way I can play through this once and be done with it".  There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that... everyone has their priorities, maybe gaming should rightfully be lower on the totem pole for me than it is.  But it's part of the reason why publishers/developers jump on fads so unabashedly and are so gung ho on monetizing games as much as possible as quickly as possible... the window of relevancy is quite a bit smaller than it used to be.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

Wat, nothing about me buying Bayonetta? :)

I played some more Yoku last night, and I really recommend it. It's very well done with nice graphics and music, the gsmeplay is cool and refreshing and it's got a nice dose of humour.

Oh right. That reminds me, I need to start Bayonetta 2. I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Anyway, nice choice.

When I first saw the title Yoku's Island Express, I thought it was a Yoshi's Island game. :) It's on my wishlist now. I'll get it once i finish a game or two on my backlog.

2 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Yeah... it's easy, it's convenient in the moment... but it feels like a new era of "renting" games.

Going digital on consoles, especially when it comes to "one playthrough" games, streaming services like PSNow and the revolving door of games offered in PS+/Xbox Live Gold and/or Game Pass... looks to me like those who prefer games to be stricken from the record books once they're done with them... rather than letting them live on in some way, however insignificant a game on a shelf may ultimately be.

EDIT: Apologies for the wall of text, but just to clarify... I know that doesn't apply to everyone.  Many gamers that have gone digital try and find ways to "own" their games.  But it seems like fewer and fewer gamers these days look at games and think "where will this game be 1-3-5-10 years from now" and more "whats the cheapest way I can play through this once and be done with it".

I don't see how this view automatically applies to digital games (certainly the last one is more about physical than digital to me, as you can sell on physical but digital is there until you sell the console (and sometimes even past that)). As you may have noticed, I actually bought a bigger (400GB) micro SD card recently just so I could keep all my games on the same card, even those I've played through already - both my Switch and my PS4 contain a lot of my completed games, 100%ed ones even (Switch contains all my games still at this point), just in case I feel like playing it, where with physical once I'm through with the game I feel like it's taking up space and I sell it, calculating the difference as what I paid to play through the game once. I view digital much more as "this is mine, from now until I'm done with the console, at which point I'd have sold on the games as well anyway".

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh right. That reminds me, I need to start Bayonetta 2. I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Anyway, nice choice.

When I first saw the title Yoku's Island Express, I thought it was a Yoshi's Island game. :) It's on my wishlist now. I'll get it once i finish a game or two on my backlog.

I'll play Bayonetta 1 first. But before that, I'm continuing in Yoku's Island Express.

I briefly tried all the new games I bought these past weeks (and there were a bunch) and Yoku's Island Express is the one I really want to keep going in the most. It might be my favourite 2018 game so far, I forget what else I played from this year that I might have enjoyed more.

If I'm being honest, this point has me thinking about digital a little bit.

On the one hand, I used to game on PC and I had 600+ games on Steam.  This would lead to me jumping from game to game until I had 20-30 installed over time (until I decided to uninstall everything and try again) and not settling on any one game.  Granted I still have that same short attention span on console, but the mild inconvenience of disc/cartridge swapping keeps me at a more modest 2-3 games and less bombarded with options overall.

On the other hand, I do miss the PC/Steam days.  Given my time/patience/attention span, I'd almost rather have 20 short games than 2 long ones, and I'd rather do it as cheap as possible in that case.  xD  The day I go digital though, is the day I give up consoles again.  With NoDVD cracks and services like GOG emphasizing no DRM... it feels like the games I buy digitally on PC are mine.  I can spend $100 on a 4TB external HDD and store my games for use as long as I have a computer (which I likely always will given what I do for a living)... and while you can mostly do the same with consoles, you don't really have the game files and you're at the mercy of these digital storefronts allowing you access to your games.  Especially as the generations pass, consoles and games become old and less supported or outright removed from the storefront, and how Sony's tightened things up with "Primary PS4s" and so on.  Yeah... it's easy, it's convenient in the moment... but it feels like a new era of "renting" games.

EDIT: Apologies for the wall of text, but just to clarify... I know that doesn't apply to everyone.  Many gamers that have gone digital try and find ways to "own" their games.  But it seems like fewer and fewer gamers these days look at games and think "where will this game be 1-3-5-10 years from now" and more "whats the cheapest way I can play through this once and be done with it".  There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that... everyone has their priorities, maybe gaming should rightfully be lower on the totem pole for me than it is.  But it's part of the reason why publishers/developers jump on fads so unabashedly and are so gung ho on monetizing games as much as possible as quickly as possible... the window of relevancy is quite a bit smaller than it used to be.

What I find interesting about the "digital revolution" is how it is has taken over various forms of entertainment differently. Ebooks are very popular, and a lot of bookstores have gone out of business in the past 12 years (the first Kindle came out 11 years ago!). Music has probably had the cleanest break with physical of any form of entertainment. There is a trend of selling records of some albums, almost like the Limited Run Games thing. But for the most part, that is a small group of albums. Heck, with services like Spotify, it seem,s like the majority of people don't even buy music at all anymore. With TV and movies, more and more people are renting or buying digital copies and not getting DVDs/Blu-rays.

All of these digital services have the same potential downside - that you never really "own" any of the digital purchases. I don't have any stats here, but based on comments and articles I see online, video gaming seems to have the biggest pro-physical movement out of them all. Which is kind of strange, since going back to revisit an old album takes 45 minutes, and revisiting an old movie takes 2 hours. They are both things that people seemingly do more often than replaying old games. Is that just the Spotify/Netflix effect of super-convenience (why go to your shelf when you don't have to get up from the couch!)? Maybe if somebody ever creates a rock-solid subscription streaming game service that is as stable as Netflix, things will change?

Edited by MosesRockefeller

2 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I don't see how this view automatically applies to digital games (certainly the last one is more about physical than digital to me, as you can sell on physical but digital is there until you sell the console (and sometimes even past that)). As you may have noticed, I actually bought a bigger (400GB) micro SD card recently just so I could keep all my games on the same card, even those I've played through already - both my Switch and my PS4 contain a lot of my completed games, 100%ed ones even (Switch contains all my games still at this point), just in case I feel like playing it, where with physical once I'm through with the game I feel like it's taking up space and I sell it, calculating the difference as what I paid to play through the game once. I view digital much more as "this is mine, from now until I'm done with the console, at which point I'd have sold on the games as well anyway".

Yeah, physical copies can be sold and many people do try to make some cash back... but more often than not someone ends up with that game.  Maybe not the person who originally bought it, but someone.  At the risk of sounding dramatic, its legacy lives on. ;)  Digital its much easier to set and forget in the cloud, if you don't go the expanded memory route and delete games regularly (something that I think is more common on the PS4 and Xbox One since 500GB and 1TB are enough for most gamers needs for the handful of games they'd play at any given time).

And as I said, many digital-first folks do indeed find ways to store all their games and not rely on the networks... though if the plan is to just scrap it in the future "when your done with it" anyways then I don't see the point being made necessarily.  Either way the games are fleeting, the expanded memory being more about convenience at the time versus preservation.

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't have any stats here, but based on comments and articles I see online, video gaming seems to have the biggest pro-physical movement out of them all. Which is kind of strange, since going back to revisit an old album takes 45 minutes, and revisiting an old movie takes 2 hours. They are both things that people seemingly do more often than replaying old games.

I think there's more of an emotional connection to games, perhaps because of the fact we spend more time with them.  Get more invested in their stories, characters and world.  Not to mention the physical/mental investment and the sense of accomplishment that comes from beating them (the more difficult ones anyways xD).

Makes sense that people would want something tangible to remember their time spent.  Well... it makes sense to me anyways. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I think there's more of an emotional connection to games, perhaps because of the fact we spend more time with them.  Get more invested in their stories, characters and world.  Not to mention the physical/mental investment and the sense of accomplishment that comes from beating them (the more difficult ones anyways xD).

Makes sense that people would want something tangible to remember their time spent.  Well... it makes sense to me anyways. ;)

Maybe. I'm not a sentimental person, so that's probably why it doesn't make sense to me.

Also, time spent on media varies. I've certainly spent more time watching my The Simpsons DVDs than playing any single game, and I've heard a few of my favorite albums at least a few dozen times. Now the interactive element of gaming certainly is a different level of involvement than other forms of media, that's true.

About a year ago I went through my old PC games boxes to find the ones that were complete so I could donate them to Goodwill. Looking at them brought back memories but it wasn't anything I couldn't have gotten by looking at Steam. And some things I'll never forget no matter what, like all those countless hours I wasted spent in X3 Terran Conflict...

I prefer physical copies of most games as they allow me to lend out games to friends and both people in our household can play them on their respective portable consoles. Sometimes we've bought 2 copies of the same game so we can play the game at the same time. With physical games there's always the option for resale once you're done with the game. It really gives you more of a feeling that you actually own something. 

There are some games that are really nice digitally, such as Story of Seasons or Animal Crossing which can be visited often for a short period of time. Wouldn't feel like swapping game cartridges just to spend 15 minutes in a game. Then there are PS Store sales that tempt me to get a game digitally for 5 € instead of paying 60 € for a physical copy. 

I like other physical media too. Recently pre-ordered a nice old-fashioned gaming themed book. We still buy CDs occasionally too but mostly get music from iTunes. Not interested in Spotify or other streaming services in the slightest as they don't offer the kind of music I'd listen to. Same applies to Netflix and such - I mainly watch the news and not terribly interested in spending more time watching tv. I'm probably some kind of prehistoric remain as I'm not interested in smartphone apps either. Only own a smartphone because I got it from work and I use it as a testing device there.

Maybe. I'm not a sentimental person, so that's probably why it doesn't make sense to me.

Also, time spent on media varies. I've certainly spent more time watching my The Simpsons DVDs than playing any single game, and I've heard a few of my favorite albums at least a few dozen times. Now the interactive element of gaming certainly is a different level of involvement than other forms of media, that's true.

About a year ago I went through my old PC games boxes to find the ones that were complete so I could donate them to Goodwill. Looking at them brought back memories but it wasn't anything I couldn't have gotten by looking at Steam. And some things I'll never forget no matter what, like all those countless hours I wasted spent in X3 Terran Conflict...

I would say something like The Simpsons... awesome as it is (or was xD)... might tickle the funny bone, but wouldn't elicit quite the same intensity as just barely beating a tough boss, nailing a speedrun, making a "life or death" decision about a character or a world you legitimately care about, etc.  I mean, I was literally trembling after I beat one of the tougher Dark Souls III bosses a week or so ago when I last played.  I may bust a gut laughing at some classic Simpsons lines, but I don't need to take a walk to cool down afterwards like that.  It's no surprise the games that fire me up like that, usually end up being my favorites (also see: Hollow Knight).

Then again, gaming has just always been on a different level for me than TV, movies, music (though I really like those things too).  Even if I don't play as excessively as I used to, I still think about it a lot and I'm willing to spend to support the parts of the industry I like (and take liberties with those I don't).  Having a physical memento that isn't just a .bmp on the Steam servers has significance IMO.

Edited by Dreakon13

14 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I would say something like The Simpsons... awesome as it is (or was xD)... might tickle the funny bone, but wouldn't elicit quite the same intensity as just barely beating a tough boss, nailing a speedrun, making a "life or death" decision about a character or a world you legitimately care about, etc.  I mean, I was literally trembling after I beat one of the tougher Dark Souls III bosses the last time I played.

Then again, gaming has just always been on a different level for me than TV, movies, music (though I really like those things too).  Even if I don't play as excessively as I used to, I still think about it a lot and I'm willing to spend to support the parts of the industry I like.  Having a physical memento that isn't just a .bmp on the Steam servers has significance to me.

I guess the closest to the "just barely beating a tough boss" feeling with TV and movies is when a truly evil villain finally gets killed. But on the other end of the spectrum, I find myself getting easily sucked in to the emotional parts of movies and TVs now. I can't even watch animated stuff with my toddler daughter without tearing up most of the time! Last night, The Land Before Time hit me in the gut, even though we'd seen it already, only a few months earlier.

Anyway, I get what you're saying about the impact of gaming. I just don't feel much attachment to physical mementos. Obviously that will vary for different people.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

I'm pulling out of the physical-digital conversation. I think there's a lot of assumptions being made and I feel exhausted thinking about having to explain again that no, I see it differently.

Saw a news item on the Switch - if you pre-order Mario Tennis Aces now, you'll get double gold points. Sounds interesting.

Also, is it just me or does Harvest Moon: Light Of Hope actually look much uglier than Stardew Valley?

Edited by Cthulhu

2 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I'm pulling out of the physical-digital conversation. I think there's a lot of assumptions being made and I feel exhausted thinking about having to explain again that no, I see it differently.

You know, if you don't want to talk about something, you can just... you know... not talk about it.

Making vague, backhanded insinuations about what someone might consider valid points without elaborating your stance doesn't do anyone any good.

Edited by Dreakon13

6 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

You know, if you don't want to talk about something, you can just... you know... not talk about it.

Making vague, backhanded insinuations about what someone might consider valid points without elaborating your stance doesn't do anyone any good.

And you could just... Not quote me. But you keep going against what I say.

I wasn't vague. Your entire previous post that quoted me was just ignoring what I say in favour of your own spin on it. Apparently you just don't see how I can see it that way but I feel pretty insulted that you once again state that what I do is just "convenient at the time" instead of what I actually do it for. Have your own reasons for staying physical but stop insulting my going digital by belittling it every step of the way.

47 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

And you could just... Not quote me. But you keep going against what I say.

I wasn't vague. Your entire previous post that quoted me was just ignoring what I say in favour of your own spin on it. Apparently you just don't see how I can see it that way but I feel pretty insulted that you once again state that what I do is just "convenient at the time" instead of what I actually do it for. Have your own reasons for staying physical but stop insulting my going digital by belittling it every step of the way.

Well, I don't mind keeping the discussion going, so yeah... why wouldn't I quote you?

EDIT: Ah, I see what happened.  That earlier post was moreso a springboard into a deeper discussion on digital games in general, not necessarily about/directed at you (hence why the conversation survived, briefly, without you).  It's a topic I juggle in my head quite often.  Only quoted your post because a part of it is what "sprung" me there.  Though in my defense, I did start that post suggesting I was going on a tangent, and made more general comments than direct ones.

EDIT 2: And you were totally vague. xD How is "a lot of assumptions being made" not vague.

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't intend to tell people what to do, but I think the digital/physical conversation has run its course anyway. We aren't really saying anything new on the topic.

This past weekend, I finished the Motorcycle Toy-con construction for Labo Variety Kit. I have built all the major creations now, but there are still some smaller accessories that can be built. The instructions for building those aren't always on the main build menu. I guess I should dive into the Explore option and see what's there. Driving the motorcycle is fun, but it's really just a more tangible "shell" for a motion control motorcycle minigame that could be done by tilting the Switch. There is more to it than that, and rotating a motorcycle "handle" to start the engine is a fun addition, but it's still mostly about building the creations than the actual gameplay. I have noticed that my 4-year-old daughter is a little too young to really get into the construction and "behind the scenes" exploration of how the creations work. I think a 5 to 10 year old would really get a lot out of Labo Variety Kit though. I'll be keeping the Toy-cons and revisiting them with her over time, to get some more quality time out of it.

In conclusion, it's a cool concept that only Nintendo would do. I'm glad I got it.

My copy of Owlboy came yesterday. ??

Still slowly trudging through Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze though... so Owlboy will have to wait.  One of those games that I really enjoy in the moment, but have trouble turning back on for some reason.  Been a little while since I played a pure platformer, with no real Metroidvania-esque exploration, ability progression or deeper lore involved.

It's been fun so far though, in what I did play.  Controls feel really heavy compared to other platformers I've played recently, took some getting used to, but I think that's kind of the DKC charm.  The SNES ones were kinda the same.  I'm on the third world/island/whatever its called.

Edited by Dreakon13

4 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's been fun so far though, in what I did play.  Controls feel really heavy compared to other platformers I've played recently, took some getting used to, but I think that's kind of the DKC charm.  The SNES ones were kinda the same.  I'm on the third world/island/whatever its called.

I know what you mean, I had trouble doing simple things the last time I tried playing Tropical Freeze on Wii U. The controls aren't bad, but they take some getting used to, and the relatively slow death/restart animation mocks me as I try, try again. A lot of recent platformers are easier to pick up and play.

I've been playing Bridge Constructor Portal lately. I finished 11 out of 60 levels so far. The Portal part of it is not much more than window dressing so far, but it's fun to hear GladDOS again. I'd say it's worth playing if you can get it for a decent price. I waited for a sale.

Edit: 6 hours ago I said Shaq was cool, now I have finished it and replaced this comment with a message I just sent a friendo on Facey.

Finally finished Shaq Fu.

First off, I played on normal, watched an episode of Simpsons, and had a small nap in the middle. And with a fair few retries and all that, still only about 5 hours. So not super long, but I mean, beat em ups rarely are.

So basically, don't spend 30 on it.

However, it was fucking great. The whole game was a blast and was way funnier than it had any right to be. It's a damn enjoyable game.

If it goes on sale for 15/20, or anything less though, I would STRONGLY recommend it. This game is a fucking blast and one of the better beat em ups to come out in the last decade.

Also, fun fact, I had one single glitch in the game, it was on the last boss after a few retries, without spoiling, I was this close to beating it, and then what I needed to do wouldn't trigger and I basically got stuck running around the level being unable to fight the big bad. Fuck. Anyway, beat it on my next go so no harm, no foul.

But yeah, spend 30 on it if you don't care about the dosh, if you do care, 20 or under and it's hella worth it.

There's also some DLC coming out soon for it but no idea on pricing there, if it's free though, the 30 buck tag is more and more recommendable.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Picked up Plague Road cause it was on sale for £1.90. I know nothing about the game aside from that it looked kind of cool.

Not played it yet cause I scratched my eye to shit and couldn't keep my eyes open very long lol

Aside from Octopath Traveler, Death Road to Canada will probably be the next game on my list. I'm enjoying this trophyless thing, games are more fun when I'm not following guides or worrying about missing stuff.

• Like 1