GTA Online: Character Transfer Support Ending

HeySumbode

Just now, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Kidding, but at that point I wouldn't need to transfer again, cuz I'd be in jail for murder.

I had to re-grind back to level 100 from 14 because a friend of mine did that and rockstar has a very firm stance on transfers due to all of the hackers on the last-gen versions

Well, guess it had to happen sometime. I assume GTA Online as a whole won't be shutting down on PS3/XBox 360 yet. Hell, GTA IV and RDR are still up and they're real old.

Suddenly, the fact there was yet another R* sale doesn't seem so weird anymore.

Edited by Torracat83

4 hours ago, Neputyunu said:

Wow... Thanks for the input!

Damn... I still need the heists...

Maybe we should do a big PSNP-boosting event, so that everyone can complete the online on PS3 and autopop it on PS4 then... :P 

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

FUCK NOOOOOO, I STILL GOTTA DO THE HEISTS

And boi I'll be DAMN as well. :facepalm:

One of the reason that is holding me back to do the transfer is I wanted to finished off all of the PS3 Trophy on GTAO.

*cough One more Heist Finale and it's done. But wait....there's more.... that silly 25 in game plat :facepalm:

And another thing, prices in here won't even drop. Same with Singapore, the price is still at premium. (Pre-loved are all wasted version already) :facepalm:

and there's still even more...... both of my Rig are not yet with me... 3 more weeks before I could get my hands on it. :facepalm:

@Neputyunu yeah we should organize a big boosting session on this.

@HeySumbode thanks a many for the heads up man! Much appreciated.!

-Razgriz

8 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

I was pretty sure the transfer was done from the website using the social club and linking stuff, no? 

No, it's an option on the "Online" menu of the single player and multiplayer

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/gta-v-online-character-transfer-to-ps4-xbox-one.jpg

edit: you also have to be linked to the social club as well

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 6:56 AM, SnowxSakura said:

It should also be noted they also fixed the armored kuruma exploit on the pacific standard finale, so you have to do it legit now

Wait... even on current gen??

On 01.02.2017 at 9:31 PM, POEman553 said:

If Rockstar Games is ending the character transfer for PS3 to PS4, it makes me wonder how much longer the online for PS3 version of GTA V has.

I guess I need to jump on PS3 version and earn the multiplayer trophies fast and go ahead and do the transfer.

I wouldn't worry about this since the servers for GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption are still online. I think they are closing the transfer to block the people who are modding account s on old gen and transferring to current gen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question if anyone knows the answer to it. When the current-gen edition of GTA V was announced I remember reading there was some various exclusive content for singleplayer like new side missions and weapons which was for people who played on last-gen, is unlocking that extra content tied to transferring an online character between the platforms? Because if so so I'd kind of want to try pick up a copy for the sake of not being locked out of stuff down the line because of this service being shut down.

49 minutes ago, Jon-Patrick-S said:

Quick question if anyone knows the answer to it. When the current-gen edition of GTA V was announced I remember reading there was some various exclusive content for singleplayer like new side missions and weapons which was for people who played on last-gen, is unlocking that extra content tied to transferring an online character between the platforms? Because if so so I'd kind of want to try pick up a copy for the sake of not being locked out of stuff down the line because of this service being shut down.

If you transfer, you can access collector's edition cars & weapons on PS4 even if you had the regular edition on PS3.

So, if you want them, transfer ASAP!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jon-Patrick-S said:

Yes, all of that is tied to the social club

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, WHAT? I just bought a PS4 version of GTA 5 so I could keep on playing my rank 110 character with all the stuff on a PS4 after a long time of not playing GTA: Online and because I got here 10 days late I won't be able to do that? Wtf?!

Edited by Amonares