New Trophies - Not Working?

Mick_Sizzle

So trophies for expansions 3-5 have dropped for PS4 but for some reason the trophies will not pop for me. I have completed the requirements for 'Super Fuel', 'Saddle Up', 'Beam Me Up', 'Map Room' & 'You Need a Mint' but NONE of them popped. This is in SURVIVAL mode in the same world that I used for the expansion 1 trophies and I had no problem getting those trophies to pop. I thought it might be something wrong with my world since I created it a long time ago, so I started a new one. However on my brand new world that was started after the most recent patch, 'Super Fuel' still did NOT pop when I fulfilled the requirement. I have yet to try if the expansion 5 trophies work for me... but is anyone else experiencing these problems? I even reinstalled the game but none of the trophies will pop. Clearly people are getting the trophies according to this site but I'm curious what I'm doing wrong or if other people are having problems too.

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh great :( There was already one expansion that didn't unlock for me and now more might not unlock

Why are they still adding trophies to this game? They don't charge for the DLC so what is the incentive for the company to keep doing this?

Because minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world? the trophies unlock fine as long as the game is updated

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Because minecraft is one of the most popular games in the world? the trophies unlock fine as long as the game is updated

I still never understood why it is popular...I would rather just have some legos.

But anyways, I have tried getting the trophies with 2 different people as well as tried on my own and it doesn't unlock. I am fully upgraded so I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I still never understood why it is popular...I would rather just have some legos.

But anyways, I have tried getting the trophies with 2 different people as well as tried on my own and it doesn't unlock. I am fully upgraded so I don't get it.

Probably because lego sets are astronomically expensive and minecraft is extremely affordable

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Probably because lego sets are astronomically expensive and minecraft is extremely affordable

I see. So it is the Fast Food vs Good Food debate. Something is cheaper so it is more available.

Regardless it doesn't really matter...they can stop adding the trophies to their game at any time. I mean the last one they added was just stupid. I got those on my own but they were things that you would never do normally if not going for trophies. Like opening every treasure chest in a battle game...who would ever search the whole map trying to find every treasure when it is nowhere near where the battle was taking place. If the trophies were actually things you would normally do then I would be OK with it...these are just stupid and the only positive is at least you don't have to pay.

It kind of goes with my policy that "if your game is good then people will still play it, if you have to bribe them to play it then you did something wrong" that holds true for games like Littlebigplanet that make you spend 24 hours in Create and it holds true here.

19 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Why are they still adding trophies to this game? They don't charge for the DLC so what is the incentive for the company to keep doing this?

It's because the game still sells extremely well with the current business model. Would it still sell well without free expansions? Possibly. But why mess with success, why fix what's not broken?

I'm sure if the sales took a nose dive, they'd stop making more content. But seeing as how it still averages 10,000 copies a day, which is ridiculous for a game this old, they'd be idiots to mess with that.

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I see. So it is the Fast Food vs Good Food debate. Something is cheaper so it is more available.

Regardless it doesn't really matter...they can stop adding the trophies to their game at any time. I mean the last one they added was just stupid. I got those on my own but they were things that you would never do normally if not going for trophies. Like opening every treasure chest in a battle game...who would ever search the whole map trying to find every treasure when it is nowhere near where the battle was taking place. If the trophies were actually things you would normally do then I would be OK with it...these are just stupid and the only positive is at least you don't have to pay.

It kind of goes with my policy that "if your game is good then people will still play it, if you have to bribe them to play it then you did something wrong" that holds true for games like Littlebigplanet that make you spend 24 hours in Create and it holds true here.

Speaking of Lego, there's apparently a lego version of a type of minecraft game in development. I still play minecraft because it's fun, as for the others...well

Ugh... I've deleted my save file months ago (didn't find it in PS plus backup for some reason). More specifically, my cousin did but I didn't care enough to stop him back then because I had all the trophies up to that point.

If it's easy enough to earn these new trophies in the new tutorial world, I'll do it some time later.

Edited by jaehyun1009

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Speaking of Lego, there's apparently a lego version of a type of minecraft game in development. I still play minecraft because it's fun, as for the others...well

Is this the game you meant?

Spoiler

3162949-trailer_legoworlds_consoleannoun