This game isn't getting the attention it deserves

Maybe this should have been a status update, but that's what happens when you want to play a PAC MAN game on PlayStation systems, it's not the kind of game that people on PlayStation systems are looking for. But it's been nearly 40 years now and PAC MAN has still been a very popular discussion in gaming, be happy about that, most games that are released in 2017 won't be talked about in 40 years. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mikey-72 said:

It's super fun and is getting passed up by so many people.

I'm as huge a fan as anyone on here, I even platinumed bothGhoatly Adventure games, CE DX+ and have attempted but only have about half of Pacman Museum Trophies, oh and also the rerelease with platinum on PS4. 

That being said, I was so very excited for this one but there's just one problem with this game, the platinum is a little unattainable. Now I know games should be judged on their own and not by their trophy lists but that's just the way things are now for alot of people, if it wasn't true trophies wouldn't have become mandatory. 

I got burned by Museums unattainable list and I simply didn't want another Pac game I couldn't 100%. I've had my account so long that kinda stuff just matters, and I'm not the only one.

10 hours ago, AlphaSergen said:

Maybe this should have been a status update...

...but then again, maybe not!

10 hours ago, mikey-72 said:

It's super fun and is getting passed up by so many people.

To the OP, what do you like about it? I got Pac-Man CE from PS+ back in the day, and I have to say, I thought it was somewhat lackluster given its high praise. Is CE 2 better?

5 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

That being said, I was so very excited for this one but there's just one problem with this game, the platinum is a little unattainable. Now I know games should be judged on their own and not by their trophy lists but that's just the way things are now for alot of people, if it wasn't true trophies wouldn't have become mandatory. 

I got burned by Museums unattainable list and I simply didn't want another Pac game I couldn't 100%. I've had my account so long that kinda stuff just matters, and I'm not the only one.

When you say "unattainable", do you mean that it's too hard for you? Or is there a trophy glitch?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

When you say "unattainable", do you mean that it's too hard for you? Or is there a trophy glitch?

Oh I just mean it's probably unattainable for me! Lol! I've read what the other players said about just getting close and it's a hell of alot of work, you can't unlock the final stages unless you S rank everything before, it's got one of those grindy gameplay systems. And they said it may as well be luck based...

256 is fun for multiplayer... For 10minutes. Its the worst Pac-man Ive played :/

Its not about CE2 being hard to platinum. Even to clear the aventure mode you need to complete every single level in Pro Difficulty. You can unlock each boss with dozen of star, acquirable with Easy or Medium Difficulty. For the last one you need more than 200 difference, that makes no sense. They could ask for more stars (players beat the best levels they want to reach that number) but they imply you to finish each level with 3 stars. That shouldnt happen. The real challenge should be S Rank in other play modes, not Complete a Adventure Mode -_-

Games is very repetitive, at least on PS3. It all becomes memorizing the patterns and the best path to grab more ghosts with the highest multiplier. If you see videos of huge scores they follow exactly the same paths during the whole game. It becomes boring, but it's really tough anyway. Nice visuals and some interesting ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

In general I like the music and gameplay a lot more it's more adrenaline pumping and challenging. Btw the platinum isn't unnatainable just hard. But I'm having fun working my way there. For reference just watch Silokhawk's review on it it sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Edited by mikey-72

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2017 at 1:53 PM, cris3f said:

Games is very repetitive, at least on PS3. It all becomes memorizing the patterns and the best path to grab more ghosts with the highest multiplier. If you see videos of huge scores they follow exactly the same paths during the whole game. It becomes boring, but it's really tough anyway. Nice visuals and some interesting ideas.

My dude this game isn't on PS3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...