DLC

fang7744

No, if you were to buy the USA version of a game to play it online then the online multiplayer would work, but if the online progress was saved through a save file then playing a different region version of that game would mean you'd lose your save data for the online. 

On 01/02/2017 at 11:57 AM, fang7744 said:

Okay, thank :)

Thought I'd ask that question as I'm thinking about getting the DOOM 3 BFG Edition and know that 3 has some multiplayer trophies.

Ugh, good luck. I've heard it's a stupidly hard platinum. But hey, if you get it, major bragging rights.

well from what ive read on other sites there is actually a way you could buy a game from another region play it and if something happens and u replace it with your region you could still use your saves but it involves using a program usually associated with hackers because it can reassign any save file from any region as your own but some folks use it simply for what you describe sometimes you just find a cheaper game from somewhere else and you just want it to work 

but yea so there is a way to bypass the region lock on saves 

On quarta-feira, 1 de Fevereiro de 2017 at 3:44 AM, fang7744 said:

Hey everyone, If I buy a copy of the game from America, would the DLC I got from the PSN store still work even though my  PSN is Australian and the disc copy of the game is American? Thank you :)

DLC are region coded, so a US game would require a US DLC, but you could play both on your AU account, you just need a US account to buy/Download the DLC first.

For this game in particular it's easy to do, you can buy the game then create a US account, go and redeem the code that cames with the game (that is, if the code is still valid, most of these codes have an expiration date), after you donwnload and install it you can change back to your main account and play it there.

Is it more expensive to buy a copy from America than to purchase it in Australia? I only ask because when I bought the game on PSN, I was able to get the DLC for free. I think it should be free, but you'd have to check yourself. Or maybe wait for the game on your PSN to go on sale.