PS+ February

Valyrious

21 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

OP updated. Full lineup:

• LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
  • Not a Hero (PS4)
  • Starwhal (PS3, Cross Buy with PS4)
  • Anna: Extended Edition (PS3)
  • Ninja Senki DX (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)
  • TorqueL (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4)

*clap clap*

Awesome...

Wow, this hurts, this seriously hurts. This month is weak as hell.

Who remembers the thread where Flare said you need all 3 consoles to enjoy Plus fully and I said you don't? 

What do you know, this month totally did not confirm it :awesome:

• Like 1

Already achieved the 100% for LittleBigPlanet 3 on my old account and don't really have any intention of playing it again.  I guess this now marks a full game series that has been offered on PS+?

Everything else seems kind of meh for me - may add Starwhal and Anna to the download list.  Seems like a good variety is being offered though this month.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Now official:

Thanks for including links!

My opinion:

LittleBigPlanet3 - I tried and did not like 2, I will give 3 a go though.

Not A Hero - didn't know anything about this. Looked up a gameplay video, first thought: hell no.

Starwhal - didn't know anything about this. Looked up a gameplay video, first thought: hell no.

Anna Extended - was on my "to buy if backlog is empty" list so thanks.

Ninja Senki DX - didn't know anything about this. Looked up a gameplay video, first thought: only if it's really from the NES era and not some fake retro bit game. Turns out it's fake retro :-/

TorqueL - the name makes me think I wanted it at some point but I don't remember why, or what this game is about. Game page made me remember, hells yeah I want this!

Overall:

Not a bad month at all. Only two games I want to add to my backlof but they were actually on my to-buy list. Can't have the jackpot every month, last July through December were all big wins for me so as long as other people are happy with this list...

It's cool to see that they keep giving many PS4 crossbuys.

Anna is really the only decent game I see in the list but  already bought it for $2.50 when it was on sale so this leaves really nothing for me this month now that I know LBP 3 isn't that good. PS Plus for 2017 isn't doing as well as I would like it too.

1 hour ago, zafira1290 said:

Little excited to go for LBP 3 plat and 100%. :) Does anyone know why it's ultra rare even while i've seen many say it's easy?

It's not hard, but buggy as hell. Unless they've patched it, it remains one of the worst PS4 games I've played. Save file corrupted several times, some of the trophies don't work properly, and getting the plat will require online play or 4 controllers locally. Unfortunately, the online progress only counts for the host, so other players don't earn the trophy or progress towards it.

Most of this was my experience with the game closer to when it came out, and while I did plat it, it was a relatively miserable experience. Certainly the worst of the LBP series, by far. Although the content wasn't bad, the performance was poor. I'm just glad they didn't release DLC (....yet....)

It was probably the easiest LBP game though, certainly the ace all levels was much easier than on 1 or 2.

Rest of the month looks pretty meh.

50 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Eh... I'd rather have a crossbuy with PS4 than PSP games. Vita exclusives would be best, but at least it's not PSP games again.

Good point, although the idea that Sony could give dogshit offerings to somehow make their later offerings seem more fresh is repugnant to me.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, I have no interest in TorqueL, but Ninja Senki DX at least looks like a game I would have played back in my 16-bit days. Anna looks good.

5(!) games for PS4 here? How 'bout some Vita exclusives, Sony?

Wait, you're asking for Vita games that can't be played on PS4?

:-/

I think getting PS4 crossbuys is a great development in the PS+ games, and many others have been asking for more PS4 games at the cost of the number of PS3/Vita games. Having PS3/Vita games crossbuy seems like the best option, I don't see why getting a Vita game that can't be played on a different system helps anyone.