Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Season 2 - Finale

Hello everybody and welcome to the Elimination Chamber (Season 2)

This is an Elimination style tournament meaning once you get eliminated, you’re out…unless you buy back in…but we’ll get to that part later.

10 players (subject to change) – 9 games (subject to change) – Winner takes all (currently 100 US Dollars $10 a person, I cover the first entry ). 1st buy back in is $10 US Dollars.

How it's going to work:

Every month (or a period of time to shorten it a bit), a new game will be played. This game is chosen by the group. The person with the least percentage by the end of the agreed time gets eliminated.
If there is a tie, the person with the fastest time wins – Here’s the tricky part though. The game must be started within the 1st week. If it is not, then you’re automatically eliminated.

Here is where the fun starts:
When you get eliminated, you have the option of "buying back in". You'll know what your competitors look like at that point, what the next game is and what your commitment is.
The price of the buying back in, will double what the first buy in was. Since I'm covering everyone's price to enter, the first buy back in would be $10.
Ex. First time buy in for everyone would be $10. The next would be $20, the next $40.
Let's us say you get eliminated month 8. Would you buy back in for a 1 in 3 shot at a chance at the big bucks?

Minimum requirements for joining:

You must have PS4. Don’t sign up unless you do. I will check your account to verify there are PS4 games on it. Last season too many people signed up and we went through the setup and then they said they didn’t have one. I’d like to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

At least 15 Plats and/or at least 40 posts.

Be willing to put in the time and money to play/buy/rent the games. Don’t enter and be eliminated by not playing the game within the first week due to schedule or availability of game.

Rules:
Game must be started within first week of event.
Once we start a game it will be played for 30 days (subject to change) at which that point someone will be eliminated.

Participation in a timely manner required for game choice, voting, other pre-comp questions/activities as well as status, heckling banter and all that good stuff that comes with community events.

Setup:

We will use the month of February to start a poll for a theme for the first month’s event. Based on the theme, each contestant at the time will send me a list of 2 games they would like to be nominated. I will check the lists based on what everyone has played and create another poll to vote for that month’s game. While that game is being played, the theme and games for the next month will get setup to give enough time to buy/rent/borrow a copy of the game.

Games with DLC will count towards trophy progression so if there is DLC, and you only get the plat, the person with a higher percentage will be ahead. Time to plat will not be used and it will be based on who the lowest person is at the end of the time limit.

Failure to play game, post or flat out not show up during the first week gets you eliminated regardless of place you're in at end of the month.

If a chosen game is played prior to the start time, automatic disqualification. There will be a countdown on the main page and will be based off the EST gmt-5 time zone.

Now at this point if you understand all the rules and need no clarification, advise me whether you still want in.

If you do have a question or need something clarified, ask first before committing because again, I can't cater to everyone but will do my best.

Thanks and sorry if any of that comes off rude.

Unconfirmed Participants:

• the_couchster – confirmed
  • Zomb1e_kira – DQ'd in Resident Evil 0
  • cjshaitan –  Eliminated with lowest percentage in Darksiders
  • the_name_is_Matt - confirmed
  • Daemynz - Eliminated with lowest percentage in Resident Evil 0
  • Tricky913 - DQ'd in Darksiders
  • Psy-tychist - Bought back in after losing in F1 2016
  • EpicNogg4 – Eliminated with slowest time in Horizon Zero Dawn
  • ShogunCroCop - DQ'd in HZD month
  • PhantomOfThorns - DQ'd in HZD month

Games:

March - HZD

April - Darksiders Warmastered Edition

May - Resident Evil 0

June - F1 2016

July - Mafia 3

Edited by Couch
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Is there a list of games that will be disallowed? I'm not super picky or anything, really just talking about ridiculous export titles that would cost more to purchase and ship than the final prize is worth.

Not really. But there will be a list of games and then it will be voted on by each of us. Good chance others aren't going to want to buy those either. 

9 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Can we commit after seeing the list of games, or do we need to commit before?

We won't have a full list of games at any point. Once we have enough peeps, each person will send me to nominations for the first month. I'll check which can be/can't be played and the group will vote from that list. So you would need to commit before even knowing what the first game is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Couch said:

We won't have a full list of games at any point. Once we have enough peeps, each person will send me to nominations for the first month. I'll check which can be/can't be played and the group will vote from that list. So you would need to commit before even knowing what the first game is. 

Ah, I think that was explained and I just confused myself. Haha!

I have a PS4, but no PS3 or Vita. My only other question is, could some of the games picked be on Vita only, or PS3 and Vita, but not PS4?

6 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Ah, I think that was explained and I just confused myself. Haha!

I have a PS4, but no PS3 or Vita. My only other question is, could some of the games picked be on Vita only, or PS3 and Vita, but not PS4?

Ps4 only event so you're good. 

14 minutes ago, Couch said:

Ps4 only event so you're good. 

Cool.

I'll pass. I really want to, but I allotted that my 2017 would be spent clearing my backlog, and I don't want to commit to buying/renting other games until that's done, or until Red Dead 2 releases. 

I'd be interested in future seasons though.

1 hour ago, Couch said:

Haha you can join if you like daemynz. Only b/c I'm a nice guy and we've played way to much destiny together. 

Well, then count me in :) 

It's so true, good ol Crota. Can we put Destiny 2 on the list if it comes out?

21 minutes ago, Daemynz said:

Well, then count me in :) 

It's so true, good ol Crota. Can we put Destiny 2 on the list if it comes out?

Sounds good. I'll add you to the list. You can nominate any game you want as long as it is out before the next month but why would you want to play that. Oh god the nightmares. 

24 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Cool.

I'll pass. I really want to, but I allotted that my 2017 would be spent clearing my backlog, and I don't want to commit to buying/renting other games until that's done, or until Red Dead 2 releases. 

I'd be interested in future seasons though.

Oh cmon lol. What's a few more games getting added to the list. As long as you finish them it increases your completion rate haha

15 minutes ago, Couch said:

Sounds good. I'll add you to the list. You can nominate any game you want as long as it is out before the next month but why would you want to play that. Oh god the nightmares. 

Oh cmon lol. What's a few more games getting added to the list. As long as you finish them it increases your completion rate haha

Ok, you talked me into it. I'll do it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Still in Couch :)

So one question, when will the poll be up? Hoping its not too late because sometimes if I have to order it in can take awhile, not to pressure you or anything 

Cool beans I'll add you to the confirmed list. Once we have 10 I'll start. Hoping to have all this setup within a week so there's plenty of time to get game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

So the game that gets selected has to be 0% for everyone participating? seems like its hard to find games like that so probably will be mostly new releases. Regardless would like to get in on this if its possible.

I'd be willing to go with 5% or but that puts that particular person in a bad place since they started and the total time will be significantly longer than those that haven't. Unless there's dlc of course. It'll be tricky finding games but last season, mostly new games were selected.

Welcome though. I'll add you to the confirmed roster. Just waiting on mattyh and Andrea to see if they for sure want in but if either say yes, I'll send out private messages/psn messages to setup the first months game 

• Like 1

Still waiting on one more person but figured "why not get things started?". So here's how this will work. Each person will send in a genre or theme they would like to play for the month of March. Once each person has picked one, I'll post the list and we'll vote for the theme. Then each person will send me two games for that list, I'll check what we can play and we'll vote again. That will be the first months game. This is the method we use until it doesn't "work" anymore where we will then just vote on games. This happened at the final two in the first season but can be earlier depending on number of people left or buy back ins. 

So for example...I vote for horror game first month. Send me your votes here, psn or private message. I'll be sending out private message.