Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Season 2 - Finale

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just out of curiosity, how is everyone finding HZD?

I started it tonight. Really digging the graphics and the main character. It feels very much like far cry in every way with a small mix of watchdogs mixed in. Not a bad thing at all but glad I didn't let the hype get to me 

As Couch is currently enjoying the game (I assume), I though I'd just do a small update to see how everyone is doing:

the_couchster – 48%

Zomb1e_kira – Not Loaded

cjshaitan –  5%

EpicNogg4 – 45%

the_name_is_Matt – 47%

Daemynz – 27%

ShogunCroCop – Not Loaded

Triicky913 – 62%

PhantomOfThorns – Not Loaded

Psy-Tychist – 31%

@cjshaitan has now made a start, even though I'm sure he likes the box more than the game.

@Couch, @EpicNogg4 and @the_name_is_matt seem to be at the same part of the game, a good chunk in.

@Triicky913 seems to have finished the game (or very close to it) and is now going through the extra missions.

@Daemynz and myself are lagging on the rest, but still doing quite well.

@ShogunCroCop, @Zomb1e_Kira and @PhantomOfThorns haven't loaded the game or bought it yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

As Couch is currently enjoying the game (I assume), I though I'd just do a small update to see how everyone is doing:

the_couchster – 48%

Zomb1e_kira – Not Loaded

cjshaitan –  5%

EpicNogg4 – 45%

the_name_is_Matt – 47%

Daemynz – 27%

Triicky913 – 62%

Psy-Tychist – 31%

@cjshaitan has now made a start, even though I'm sure he likes the box more than the game.

@Couch, @EpicNogg4 and @the_name_is_matt seem to be at the same part of the game, a good chunk in.

@Triicky913 seems to have finished the game (or very close to it) and is now going through the extra missions.

@ShogunCroCop, @Zomb1e_Kira and @PhantomOfThorns haven't loaded the game or bought it yet.

It's not a bad game lol. I enjoy the combat and the story is so so ATM. Thanks for putting out the stats. Gives me more time to play hehe

On 3/3/2017 at 8:17 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Just out of curiosity, how is everyone finding HZD?

I think its a fantastic game. I feel like I'm not that good at the combat though, its either stealthy one-hit kills/headshots or melee during actual combat. Maybe I will learn to use the various other weapons besides spear and bow. Crazy how "rare" I thought metal parts would be at the beginning of the game. Have a couple thousand now.

I do wish there more colorful outfits. 

Hopefully I can finish it before Mass Effect Andromeda comes out though :) 

Edited by Daemynz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daemynz said:

I think its a fantastic game. I feel like I'm not that good at the combat though, its either stealthy one-hit kills/headshots or melee during actual combat. Maybe I will learn to use the various other weapons besides spear and bow. Crazy how "rare" I thought metal parts would be at the beginning of the game. Have a couple thousand now.

I do wish there more colorful outfits. 

Hopefully I can finish it before Mass Effect Andromeda comes out though :) 

I agree, a lot of the time I feel as if though I really suck at the combat. I find melee pretty pointless because I almost always get hit in the process (unless in a stealth situation). But other than that it's a great game, looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds, hoping to have the plat this week :)

21 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

the_couchster – 48%

Zomb1e_kira – Not Loaded

cjshaitan –  5%

EpicNogg4 – 45%

the_name_is_Matt – 47%

Daemynz – 27%

Triicky913 – 62%

Psy-Tychist – 31%

I won't be buying it. Unfortunately, I was laid off of my job on the day this game released, so I couldn't justify dropping $60 on it when right now, we need all the money we can get.

4 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I won't be buying it. Unfortunately, I was laid off of my job on the day this game released, so I couldn't justify dropping $60 on it when right now, we need all the money we can get.

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck on finding a new job. It's not always always as easy as people think it is.  

4 minutes ago, Couch said:

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck on finding a new job. It's not always always as easy as people think it is.  

Indeed. We at least have tax refunds coming to us to help with bills. But had I still had my job, those would have went to games. It's a shame now lol.

1 minute ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Indeed. We at least have tax refunds coming to us to help with bills. But had I still had my job, those would have went to games. It's a shame now lol.

Yeah I know that feeling. Our refund went towards paying off my wife's doc bills. Sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Clocked in hzd with 2 days 19 hours and 47 minutes. Overall it was a decent experience. The combat was different but got repetitive very fast. I enjoyed the story quite a bit once we started to learn how and what has happened to get them to the point they're at. The final mission was a good one but could have been better. I'll give it a 7/10 for enjoyment, 2/10 for difficulty. 

Now let's see where everyone else stands.

CJ - 5%

Daemynz - 30%

Epicnogg - 52%

Phantom - has yet to start and has 34 hours to start or is disqualified.

Psy - 40%

Shogun - will not be participating due to personal reasons. 

Matt - 58%

Triicky - 81%

Zombie - has yet to start and has 34 hours to start or is disqualified.

Will check back in Wednesday some time and see if phantom or zombie have started. If not, this will go from a 9 month event to a 5 month event. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Triicky913 said:

FINISHED! 

Horizon.png

Congrats Triicky. What were your feelings on the game?

Fyi got word from zombie that he'll be starting it tonight. Still haven't heard anything from phantom yet. With just less than 16 hours before disqualification, will he be able to earn a trophy in time? 

I'll also be starting the game selection process for next months game tomorrow. Just so people know what the game is well in advance.

Edited by Couch
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Couch said:

Congrats Triicky. What were your feelings on the game?

Fyi got word from zombie that he'll be starting it tonight. Still haven't heard anything from phantom yet. With just less than 16 hours before disqualification, will he be able to earn a trophy in time? 

I'll also be starting the game selection process for next months game tomorrow. Just so people know what the game is well in advance.

Awesome, was going to ask you last night about next month's game but forgot as usual :giggle:

Just a quick update as it seems to be hotting up.

CJ - 25%

Daemynz - 42%

EpicNogg - 54%

Phantom - has yet to start and has 6 hours to start or is disqualified.

Psy-Tychist - 51%

Shogun - will not be participating due to personal reasons. 

Matt - Plat in 5 days, 5 hours. (07/03/17 - 6.04am GMT)

Triicky - Plat in 4 days, 34 mins. (07/03/17 - 2.49am GMT)

Zombie - has yet to start and has 6 hours to start or is disqualified.

Couch - Plat in 2 days, 19 hours. (06/03/17 - 7.55pm GMT)

3 people have Plat'd the game so far. @ShogunCroCop however is sadly unable to continue, leaving the event with 9 remaining competitors.

@PhantomOfThorns and @Zomb1e_Kira are the last ones to start and as of writing this, they have about 6 hours to get a trophy or be DQ.

@the_name_is_matt, @Triicky913 and @Couch have already finished the game and can relax, making choices for the next months theme.

@cjshaitan has powered through to get a good percentage done already, even though starting late and admiring the plastic.

Myself, @EpicNogg4 and @Daemynz are getting there, but it seems slow going compared to the other competitors.

• Like 3

Well zombie started the game tonight so atleast we had a decent showing. Still 5 minutes left for phantom to do something but with not returning messages, I'll take that as he doesn't want in anymore. Oh well. Add him to the list of others and move on. 

My vote for theme for the next game is going to be hack and slash. If you guys could post here, pm or psn me your votes for theme, I'll tally those up and we can vote once those come in. 

8 hours ago, Couch said:

Well zombie started the game tonight so atleast we had a decent showing. Still 5 minutes left for phantom to do something but with not returning messages, I'll take that as he doesn't want in anymore. Oh well. Add him to the list of others and move on. 

My vote for theme for the next game is going to be hack and slash. If you guys could post here, pm or psn me your votes for theme, I'll tally those up and we can vote once those come in. 

Apologies for my radio silence, unfortunately picking up horizon was just not in the cards for me last week. I'll keep an eye on the thread and maybe buy myself back in at some point :P

1 hour ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

Apologies for my radio silence, unfortunately picking up horizon was just not in the cards for me last week. I'll keep an eye on the thread and maybe buy myself back in at some point :P

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Disqualified participants don't get the buy back option.