Geometric Mean for DLC Trophies

Sly Ripper

17 minutes ago, mekktor said:

Why is it a statistical impossibility for the DLC trophy to be more common than prerequisite base game trophies?

Because of your own statement. 

Yes I would say you are still playing the DLC if you avoid it, just like you are still considered in the rarity

If you complete Grounded Mode, then all 4 trophies unlock under it. Survivor, Hard, Normal, and Easy.   It's impossible to earn grounded without earning the others, but not the other way around, and therefore technically must be rarer, especially if going by a statement that DLC should be considered "played" just by launching a game.

Edit: @mekktor  Just noticed, you've played TLoUR, so you should know what I mean :lol:.  Survivor+ is around ~8.1, and Grounded+ is ~18%.

Edited by B1rvine

2 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Because of your own statement. 

If you complete Grounded Mode, then all 4 trophies unlock under it. Survivor, Hard, Normal, and Easy.   It's impossible to earn grounded without earning the others, but not the other way around, and therefore technically must be rarer, especially if going by a statement that DLC should be considered "played" just by launching a game.

Oh, so you're saying that in this specific case where the DLC comes pre-installed and everyone who plays the game should be considered to have attempted the DLC, then the DLC rarity should be lower than the base game? I agree with that, in principle at least. Actually implementing it on the site is more complicated, as all the other more ambiguous situations would need to be dealt with properly too.

The first part of my post was talking more generally about games like for example Mirror's Edge where the 50 stars trophy is rarer than the 75 stars trophy. That isn't a statistical impossibility as far as I'm concerned, for the reasons I said in my last post.

15 hours ago, B1rvine said:

There's a fine line between playing vs having access to play. I get it though, you're saying it's not really DLC and shouldn't be counted as such... but remember, the game itself still considers this as DLC content, and as such, it's still "extra" regardless of whether or not it's included in the package. 

I wouldn't personally consider listening to a few guards in an area of the main game playing DLC, but I do recognize it's a bit sketchy.  Every game in this manner will be unique.

By this logic the trophies for a mini game within a game should not be counted? Just because I've played Pier Solar, it doesn't mean I've actually accessed the Slippery game. I guess those two trophies shouldn't count against my completion since I've never played the mini game.... I merely have the option to access it from the menus.

Really weak standpoint.

• Like 3