100% Completion

Terra

I'm almost done with this game, I definitely hate those stupid events trophy. I've still got 2 more to do, but still. Worst trophy in the game.

10 hours ago, Mar said:

These trophies look like a chore, unlike The Park's. Sony are really something.

They are, you basically have to hope they'll spawn on you, and if not, you have to reload a save. Also a problem since your health does go down at times by these events or by other factors like looking at mannequins. -_- 

• Like 3

I could never get the writing on the wall to happen and apparently I missed the cloud of dust. The main room events take forever to spawn so I gave up for now. Don't feel like playing through again for the fourth time. 

26 minutes ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Got a question, how to occur just a scratch ending? I heard something about this red vision thing where the hidden will occur if I don't see it.  I see the red flashlight where does that mean I messed up while I just completed the leaf puzzle? 

Unfortunately if your flashlight light becomes red you can't get the ending. To get the ending to occur, you need to get inside the sawmill in under five minutes and solve the leaf puzzle as soon as possible. If you spend 10+ or more minutes without doing that, there is a high chance you will get red vision. I got this by completing the puzzle in about seven minutes but it took many tries for it to happen. 

3 hours ago, Terra said:

Unfortunately if your flashlight light becomes red you can't get the ending. To get the ending to occur, you need to get inside the sawmill in under five minutes and solve the leaf puzzle as soon as possible. If you spend 10+ or more minutes without doing that, there is a high chance you will get red vision. I got this by completing the puzzle in about seven minutes but it took many tries for it to happen. 

Figures since I just looked of my flashlight and it was red. -_- Did most of my playthtough and I got another question. Where is the newspaper book? It says the trail of the candles, but I have no idea on where the trail of candles is, and I see the whole shelf of red objects inside and it's driving me nuts of wanting to keep playing this awful game. I think I mix the correct intuitions and what not. I better have the true ending or I will delete this game and never touch it again just like how garbage I Am Alive was on ps plus 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Figures since I just looked of my flashlight and it was red. -_- Did most of my playthtough and I got another question. Where is the newspaper book? It says the trail of the candles, but I have no idea on where the trail of candles is, and I see the whole shelf of red objects inside and it's driving me nuts of wanting to keep playing this awful game. I think I mix the correct intuitions and what not. I better have the true ending or I will delete this game and never touch it again just like how garbage I Am Alive was on ps plus 

It's after you leave the area where you chop off the assassins head in the tunnels. Go left and you'll see the candle path with a statue at the end of it. The clipping should be on the ground next to it

2 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

do all the events need to be done in a single playthrough? I'm only missing the "inadequate" and i got all the other stuff on previous playthroughs. And would it be possible to get the 100% trophy by just going for "inadequate" and the events by the end?

I haven't attempted that but yes. All 16 events have to be in one play through. Since inadequate is one of the eight endings, you can do it for another run but for 100% you need to get the ending first and then complete the game again with the Whole Truth ending to get the 100% completion. That's the only way you will get all of the collectibles

Edited by Terra

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

I haven't attempted that but yes. All 16 events have to be in one play through. Since inadequate is one of the eight endings, you can do it for another run but for 100% you need to get the ending first and then complete the game again with the Whole Truth ending to get the 100% completion. That's the only way you will get all of the collectibles

so i need to get all the collectibles and the whole truth ending again to get the 100%? I'm a bit confused. I just need that one ending and the events

Just now, Max_Playne said:

so i need to get all the collectibles and the whole truth ending again to get the 100%? I'm a bit confused. I just need that one ending and the events

Yes. The events need to be done on one play through. If you missed an event you have to restart. Anything you collected does not carry forward into a new play through except for the eight endings. My guide will explain it when it gets published.

7 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

For the events you need to play the game again until the temple. For the ending, just save before getting the inadequate ending and then reload and do the truth ending. The thing is you can get the truth ending without getting all other endings but for the 100% you have to finish the game with 8/8 endings and all other things. The endings do carry over multiple play-troughs of course. Its annoying.

11 minutes ago, Mar said:

Idgad anymore, im playing this on an alternate account, I dont want to miss out on the experience. Tired of Sony's fucked up practice with these fixed trophy list ps+ titles.

That's the wisest choice, I wish I had done the same. :) I just need the 100% run with the events, but wasn't in the mood for it today.

I just checked the trophy guide now. It's very well detailed so congrats to the author.

But 15 hours and no Platinum. Seems like a quite a chore. I'm playing Letter Quest now, even though it's easy, spelling 3000 words is taking forever. Letter Quest could have easily had a Platinum, as there are so many milestones that pop up along the way. Same with Pac-Man 256, to get that last trophy took forever for one gold trophy.

I really don't get how a game that will take many hours to get all the trophies does not have a Platinum, but a game like Mayo has a Platinum and can be finished in 30 minutes. :blink:

All games should have a Platinum, fullstop! :devil:

Edited by DysectorZA
  • Like 1

I was struggling to get 2 events late on, so I started a new playthrough, but now I'm stuck in the attic waiting for the darn hands to appear. However, I'd like to share my method for ensuring 100% in case it helps someone.

Whilst going for other endings you'll know you can leave via the front door & the attic door for one of those endings & this shows a list of collectibles, etc from the current playthrough. So I created a checklist from info on another forum to tick off as I get them. When I think I've done an area, I save, then leave via one of the doors. (You can;t leave via the front door later on, but the attic oner seems available for mo0st of the game.) I can then check my list to ensure I am actually on track for the 100%.

Obviously, I then reload the last save & loiter till the missing event appears if necessary, or move on if I'm not missing anything.

Also, it's wise to save after each event, so you know you have it and it's useful to have a save you can reload if your health is damaged by anything other than an event.

22 hours ago, Xemik said:

I was struggling to get 2 events late on, so I started a new playthrough, but now I'm stuck in the attic waiting for the darn hands to appear. However, I'd like to share my method for ensuring 100% in case it helps someone.

Whilst going for other endings you'll know you can leave via the front door & the attic door for one of those endings & this shows a list of collectibles, etc from the current playthrough. So I created a checklist from info on another forum to tick off as I get them. When I think I've done an area, I save, then leave via one of the doors. (You can;t leave via the front door later on, but the attic oner seems available for mo0st of the game.) I can then check my list to ensure I am actually on track for the 100%.

Obviously, I then reload the last save & loiter till the missing event appears if necessary, or move on if I'm not missing anything.

Also, it's wise to save after each event, so you know you have it and it's useful to have a save you can reload if your health is damaged by anything other than an event.

I'll be sure to mention this in the guide. Thank's for the additional tips!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I have Anna in my downoad queue, but was debating playing the game.  With all that I have read, I wonder if the frustration factor just isn't worth it?  

It's worth at least one playthrough if you are a fan of psychological horror titles but in my opinion, the multiple playthroughs drag down the game.

• Like 1