Tropies compared to Umbrella Chronicles

7 hours ago, Ric said:

It's a much longer 100%, but not that much harder (In my opinion). The camera is a lot more erratic in this game, and you will need to learn how and when to shoot / go for headshots. You need to unlock the hardest difficulty by completing the game first. It's been a while that I did UC, so I can't remember the fine details to compare it fully, but I'll explain some of the things that make up the most of the trophies.

Besides regular archives like in UC, there's also a title section in the archives. Titles are sort of in game achievements. This ranges from killing a certain number of zombies to completing every chapter without dying. And things like fully upgrading all your weapons, play a full chapter with only the bow gun and a couple of coop ones (you'll need a 2nd controller to get these). It's pretty time consuming and grindy. You can check http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles/164355-resident-evil-darkside-chronicles-hd-archive-file-guide.html for a full list of archives including the titles.

Getting S ranks isn't too bad after you get used to headshots (they will feel impossible at first, but you need to get a feel for them, it's not too bad once you do) and upgraded some weapons. Headshot are linked to your difficulty setting (higher difficulty setting = smaller headshot hitboxes). There are 4 categories you get scored on.

1. Score (general score that you raise with destroying objects, killing enemies, getting headshot etc. You get bonus score the lower your health is. Killing a zombie with full health will give you less score than killing a zombie with half health. You get even more score if your health is in the red. You will need to use this knowledge to get S-rank scores in some levels)
  2. Clear time
  3. Enemies killed
  4. Headshots.

You will need 3 S-ranks and 1 A-rank to get an overall S-rank for the chapter. You can also focus on individual categories. I.e. getting an S-rank for score, clear time and enemies killed in one run through the chapter and B-rank for headshots will give you an overall A-rank. Doing the chapter again and getting an A-rank or S-rank for headshots will give you an overall S-rank regardless of the other scores in the 2nd run. (On the score screen it will still calculate your rank, but if you look in the score overview on the main menu, it will show the S-rank).

All in all I think it'll take at least twice as long as UC to complete.

Thanks for the answer. I love when rail shooters allow you to go for certain rank criteria in each run rather than all at once.

One trick i used in UC was the pause trick where I could line up my crosshairs with the zombies' heads during the pause screen. Is that a viable tactic or is it even necessary?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Thanks for the answer. I love when rail shooters allow you to go for certain rank criteria in each run rather than all at once.

One trick i used in UC was the pause trick where I could line up my crosshairs with the zombies' heads during the pause screen. Is that a viable tactic or is it even necessary?

It's very viable at some points in the game. One of the trophies requires you to get through a trap without getting damaged. In this section, lining up your shots in pause mode is very useful. I imagine it can be useful to interupt some of the bosses' attacks too, but I haven't tried that.

It depends on the situation. In some parts the camera moves so fast that it's useless to try and hit anything. You can still try to get some kills with a grenade or launcher though.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

A warning to everybody who's going to complete this game - don't fall into the trap that I felt in:

So I have finished the game on Normal and have fully upgraded the pistol's "power" and now I'm having a big problem with pulling off the head-shots for "S" rank on "Hard" mode - in 85% of cases zombies die with one shot, which does not leave me any room for an error. I have tried the very 1st mission twice and was able to pull off only maximum of 7 head-shots, which granted only frustrating "B" rank. Then I have tried a new game with non-upgraded pistol and that was a big difference - now you have 2-3 attempts for a head-shot before zombie dies and as a result I did 15 head-shots in total in the same 1st mission on "Hard", which granted me "S" rank.

I'm not telling that it's impossible to pull off "S" rank for head-shots with fully upgraded pistol (git gud!), but it seems to me that if you don't upgrade your pistol's power until you get "S" rank on "Hard" mode in all levels, then it will preserve a lot of time and nerves for you.

P.S. and yes, it seems that head-shots can be made only with pistol - I've tried other weapons and it did not work.

• 5 months later...

Getting 100% for this game would have been fun for me if titles were not required for the Archives trophy. Difficulty trophies aren't stackable, so you have to the play the game four times and one of them has to be with 2 players.

2 players can be done solo, but it's awful when QTE appears on bosses because you have to input them correctly on both controllers, and you have to be fast. Luckily there are infinite continues, I can't imagine the pain otherwise.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question about the "Professional" trophy. Do we must play in HARD or VERY HARD? Thanks. 

EDIT: VERY HARD for "Professional" Trophy. The Trophy pops up without chapter 6 and 7 of "Operation Javier". The only thing that you will need this chapters are for some titles, and the archives. So I recommend to attempt them on HARD to get all trophies with RANK S and you can avoid them in VERY HARD. RANK S on Chapter 6 and 7 of Operation Javier are NOT needed in VERY HARD for any trophy or title. Just, for example in HARD without dying to get all titles and archives for completing this 2 chapters with RANK S on HARD.

For the "Archive Collector", once you have all the titles, and just the collector is left, complete any chapter to get this title and the trophy will pop up. 

Edited by stiviwonderstif

• 2 years later...

Sorry for reviving an old post guys but i started this game couple of days ago and enjoying the story playing coop on easy but am afraid to upgrade the handgun cause some people mentioned that it would be difficult to get headshots hence the s rank in headshots after clearing a level and from reading alot I noticed we need to achieve S rank in all levels on hard and very hard modes for titles and trophies, so what would you suggest for the people who got 100% in this game?

and should i get s rank on all levels on normal difficutly for some of the titles or not needed?

12 hours ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Sorry for reviving an old post guys but i started this game couple of days ago and enjoying the story playing coop on easy but am afraid to upgrade the handgun cause some people mentioned that it would be difficult to get headshots hence the s rank in headshots after clearing a level and from reading alot I noticed we need to achieve S rank in all levels on hard and very hard modes for titles and trophies, so what would you suggest for the people who got 100% in this game?

and should i get s rank on all levels on normal difficutly for some of the titles or not needed?

Unfortunately, you will have to start a new save. Your Handgun's damage must be your last upgrade for Weapon Master title. Upgrading damage will reduce your options for Critical Hits aka Headshots. It is that absurd when it should be the opposite. And for S Rank, you only need that for Very Hard difficulty. All collectibles that require an S rank on Normal and Hard can be obtained on Very Hard as well.

This game requiere at least 4 playthroughs. One on Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard. One title requiere a full playthrough with 2 controllers and the most annoying title requiere 50 hours of gameplay. The most efficient solution is that you can start any chapter and pause the game and stay AFK. It wasn't funny to do this last one on a PS3...

PS1: Check this guide for titles.

PS2: This game is too grindy for not having Platinum.

Edited by LastRideII
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LastRideII said:

Unfortunately, you will have to start a new save. Your Handgun's damage must be your last upgrade for Weapon Master title. Upgrading damage will reduce your options for Critical Hits aka Headshots. It is that absurd when it should be the opposite. And for S Rank, you only need that for Very Hard difficulty. All collectibles that require an S rank on Normal and Hard can be obtained on Very Hard as well.

This game requiere at least 4 playthroughs. One on Easy, Normal, Hard and Very Hard. One title requiere a full playthrough with 2 controllers and the most annoying title requiere 50 hours of gameplay. The most efficient solution is that you can start any chapter and pause the game and stay AFK. It wasn't funny to do this last one on a PS3...

PS1: Check this guide for titles.

PS2: This game is too grindy for not having Platinum.

Thanks for replying and giving me important info mate. Fortunately I still haven't upgraded my handgun's damage all the way to the max, only upgraded it like two or three times only and still haven't reached the max grade so do I still have to start a new game from scratch or do I still have a good chance for headshots? I only cleared the game once on easy with 2players just to get the 2players title outta the way as soon as possible so still haven't made huge progress thankfully.

Also for the stopping power haven't upgraded all the way to the max or it isn't related to the damage obtaining easily the headshots?

As for finishing the game once on easy, normal, hard and very hard i can finish them with any ranking on all difficulties EXCEPT very hard right? cause the professional trophy requires to get S rank on very hard difficulty on all chapters and also all collectibles and titles can be obtained from s ranking them on very hard even the ones that require to get S on normal or hard, right?

sorry for having a lot of questions mate but the in game titles and collectibles' info are vague

41 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Thanks for replying and giving me important info mate. Fortunately I still haven't upgraded my handgun's damage all the way to the max, only upgraded it like two or three times only and still haven't reached the max grade so do I still have to start a new game from scratch or do I still have a good chance for headshots? I only cleared the game once on easy with 2players just to get the 2players title outta the way as soon as possible so still haven't made huge progress thankfully.

Also for the stopping power haven't upgraded all the way to the max or it isn't related to the damage obtaining easily the headshots?

If you do the trick of pausing and moving the cursor for easy headshots, and you still struggle for blowing zombies heads, then you need to do a new save.

41 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

As for finishing the game once on easy, normal, hard and very hard i can finish them with any ranking on all difficulties EXCEPT very hard right? cause the professional trophy requires to get S rank on very hard difficulty on all chapters and also all collectibles and titles can be obtained from s ranking them on very hard even the ones that require to get S on normal or hard, right?

Yes, I already answers that. All collectibles that require an S rank can be obtained on Very Hard.

Here a better luck of the Titles: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Titles_(Darkside_Chronicles)

EDIT: I'm a moron. Checking the titles again, and I see you need S Rank all chapters on Hard difficulty as well. I forgot that.

The Title is called Mad Skillz, and it only unlock on Hard, but it's also works on Very Hard...

Edited by LastRideII
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LastRideII said:

If you do the trick of pausing and moving the cursor for easy headshots, and you still struggle for blowing zombies heads, then you need to do a new save.

Yes, I already answers that. All collectibles that require an S rank can be obtained on Very Hard.

Here a better luck of the Titles: https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Titles_(Darkside_Chronicles)

EDIT: I'm a moron. Checking the titles again, and I see you need S Rank all chapters on Hard difficulty as well. I forgot that.

The Title is called Mad Skillz, and it only unlock on Hard, but it's also works on Very Hard...

thanks again for clarifying bro, and yah lol that's why I was asking again for the S ranks cause I read a lot on the PStrophies forums and many guys mentioned that you have to get S ranks on difficulties other than very Hard but wasn't sure whether it was (Hard and Normal) or Hard only but the problem is with the infos being vague and no much help from the game itself to clarify it more and make it clearer.

Anyways am going to try the headshots with the very hard difficulty but still haven't unlocked it yet so going for S ranks on hard difficulty and hopefully my handgun isn't too powerful

So another question, Can I play, get S ranks on hard and very hard difficulties, get all titles and collectibles, playing in 2player coop? the reason am asking is that it's easier with 2 players as enemies and bosses die faster and easier than playing along, but what am afraid of is that maybe some in game achievements or titles won't count if playing in coop (like tofu secret stage which hasn't been unlocked yet for me even I finished all chronicles chapters once) so maybe it only unlocks if playing in single player only?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

Anyways am going to try the headshots with the very hard difficulty but still haven't unlocked it yet so going for S ranks on hard difficulty and hopefully my handgun isn't too powerful

So another question, Can I play, get S ranks on hard and very hard difficulties, get all titles and collectibles, playing in 2player coop? the reason am asking is that it's easier with 2 players as enemies and bosses die faster and easier than playing along, but what am afraid of is that maybe some in game achievements or titles won't count if playing in coop (like tofu secret stage which hasn't been unlocked yet for me even I finished all chronicles chapters once) so maybe it only unlocks if playing in single player only?

I guess you finished the game on Easy mode first? Because I remember the same thing. Tofu Stage it unlocked for me when I complete the game on Normal. It was my second playthrough with 2 controllers btw, so you can earn and unlock titles with 2 players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LastRideII said:

I guess you finished the game on Easy mode first? Because I remember the same thing. Tofu Stage it unlocked for me when I complete the game on Normal. It was my second playthrough with 2 controllers btw, so you can earn and unlock titles with 2 players.

Perfect thanks for confirming that and yes I finished it on easy first time. Well I guess am gonna go for Hard difficulty S rank first to unlock both very hard and Linear Launcher which I heard will help a lot in higher difficulties

BTW regarding weapons, what are the best weapons to use and upgrade first to help me in hard and very hard walkthroughs? and what weapons are good for bosses cause they gave me hard time and that was on easy lol

44 minutes ago, MohameDina9192 said:

BTW regarding weapons, what are the best weapons to use and upgrade first to help me in hard and very hard walkthroughs? and what weapons are good for bosses cause they gave me hard time and that was on easy lol

The Shotgun and SMG are the best weapons overall, so upgrade those. And upgrade everything else on the Pistol, except Damage of course.