Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

3 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Trophy hacking and save editing is equally as bad. Just because one gets you the trophy and one doesn't, doesn't mean it's any better. It's still cheating your way towards it which makes everyone else's legitimate effort towards it look worthless. If someone doesn't want to spend time getting a trophy because it's too long, then don't cry about it and cheat your way towards it, just move on. The fact you're comparing IN GAME exploits and boosting methods to external save editing is ridiculous. 

At at the end of the day the end result is the same. Call save editing a "shortcut" all you want. Everyone with half a brain knows that's it's still cheating at its finest.

Everyone with half a brain knows that's it's still cheating at its finest.

Nice way of saying everyone who doesnt share your opinion got less than half a brain!

Shortcut is more used as a metaphor.

Boosting online is also a form of "cheating" your way to getting it, as its not how the developer intended you to get it, and also making everyone doing it legitimately feel worthless about their accomplishment. Ipso facto, can be compared. Its always been discussed if its conscidered cheating or not, and for most it is, but not as bad type of cheating as editing save data would be.

Using an in game exploit, which the developer didnt intend you to use, can also be called a form of cheating as it gives you an unfair advantage towards those not using it. Which is the same as editing a save would. So also a form of "cheating". If the developer even patches the method, what do people do? They just get the disc version and deny the patch to be installed, and continue using the exploit, before eventually going onto newer version, with all goods attached. 

And you would call those methods purely legit to use? Using in game exploits can get you suspended or banned from certain games if they are online based, so they ARE conscidered cheating in a developers eye. Apperantly this was a sore spot for you, so maybe you only get stuff done by exploiting and boosting? Pun intended.

Save editing is cheating yes, I never denied that. But I am perfectly aware of peoples opinions on both sides of it. You edit your save file, you alter files to gain goods. Of course its cheating. But back to exploits.. Say for example on Buzz The TV Quiz for PS3, the exploit was update the game, play a round or something, delete the installed and updated data from the HDD, and reinstall it but dont update etc until after another round was played. Doing this would pop almost all trophies which would require tons of time to do. That is also a form of "altering" data to get goods, when you are AWARE of what the outcome is by doing the exploit. So in a form, its cheating aswell.

Using a trick to gain advantage, free goods or whatever a way the developer overlooked and did not intend, and also try to fill out and patch away, is a form of cheating, and should be just as frowned upon in my opinion, and probably others aswell. So all of you shouting "HACKER TROPHY HACK SAVE EDIT HACK IS SO BAD" and have tons of exploited games on their trophy list and tons of boosted games which would else be hard to do legit without boosting, will of course be all for those types of advantages in games, since they have to do them to get stuff done most of the time. Not saying ALL needa it, but many. And most people will jump onto it to do it this way because its less work, less stress, and takes less time. Because who wants to spend hours on a single game when theres so many games out there?

If I can see the comparison between boosting, exploiting in game glitches/exploits, and save editing, and you cant, doesnt mean I'm wrong. Theres no right answer either in this case, everyone will have their opinion about it, even different ones than you and me.

The word cheating also includes so many aspects to it. It doesnt just mean altering game files using CFW, save editing, or using RTE (Real Time Edit) tools. Cheating can also mean getting an advantage, using a "shortcut" where its not intended or against the "rules". Or being unfair towards others with misc stuff obtained through illegitimate means, or just how the developer did not want it to be done.

Trophyhunters, trophy addicts or just those interested in them will always disagree about certain stuff because people have different opinions. And many places and groups are very poisinous towards each other and others, due to disagreeing about different aspects of gaming, trophies, etc.

So take FF Type-0 for exapmle. You can sit there for 2 hours doing date and time trick to get tons of EXP fast and be level 99 on all chars. So instead of spending 2.5 hours doing that, you spend 25 minutes editing the save for excact same outcome. You would then frown upon the guy editing the save, rather than spending 2 hours more just exploiting a date and time trick? Just an example of how 2 outcomes are identical, only difference is method and a slight time usage difference.

Yes I know its long but I feel like expressing my opinion. And this is no personal attack towards you or others, just trying to get a different perspective on things for others who maybe are very narrow sighted about this stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cissa90 said:

Everyone with half a brain knows that's it's still cheating at its finest.

Nice way of saying everyone who doesnt share your opinion got less than half a brain!

Shortcut is more used as a metaphor.

Boosting online is also a form of "cheating" your way to getting it, as its not how the developer intended you to get it, and also making everyone doing it legitimately feel worthless about their accomplishment. Ipso facto, can be compared. Its always been discussed if its conscidered cheating or not, and for most it is, but not as bad type of cheating as editing save data would be.

Using an in game exploit, which the developer didnt intend you to use, can also be called a form of cheating as it gives you an unfair advantage towards those not using it. Which is the same as editing a save would. So also a form of "cheating". If the developer even patches the method, what do people do? They just get the disc version and deny the patch to be installed, and continue using the exploit, before eventually going onto newer version, with all goods attached. 

And you would call those methods purely legit to use? Using in game exploits can get you suspended or banned from certain games if they are online based, so they ARE conscidered cheating in a developers eye. Apperantly this was a sore spot for you, so maybe you only get stuff done by exploiting and boosting? Pun intended.

Save editing is cheating yes, I never denied that. But I am perfectly aware of peoples opinions on both sides of it. You edit your save file, you alter files to gain goods. Of course its cheating. But back to exploits.. Say for example on Buzz The TV Quiz for PS3, the exploit was update the game, play a round or something, delete the installed and updated data from the HDD, and reinstall it but dont update etc until after another round was played. Doing this would pop almost all trophies which would require tons of time to do. That is also a form of "altering" data to get goods, when you are AWARE of what the outcome is by doing the exploit. So in a form, its cheating aswell.

Using a trick to gain advantage, free goods or whatever a way the developer overlooked and did not intend, and also try to fill out and patch away, is a form of cheating, and should be just as frowned upon in my opinion, and probably others aswell. So all of you shouting "HACKER TROPHY HACK SAVE EDIT HACK IS SO BAD" and have tons of exploited games on their trophy list and tons of boosted games which would else be hard to do legit without boosting, will of course be all for those types of advantages in games, since they have to do them to get stuff done most of the time. Not saying ALL needa it, but many. And most people will jump onto it to do it this way because its less work, less stress, and takes less time. Because who wants to spend hours on a single game when theres so many games out there?

If I can see the comparison between boosting, exploiting in game glitches/exploits, and save editing, and you cant, doesnt mean I'm wrong. Theres no right answer either in this case, everyone will have their opinion about it, even different ones than you and me.

The word cheating also includes so many aspects to it. It doesnt just mean altering game files using CFW, save editing, or using RTE (Real Time Edit) tools. Cheating can also mean getting an advantage, using a "shortcut" where its not intended or against the "rules". Or being unfair towards others with misc stuff obtained through illegitimate means, or just how the developer did not want it to be done.

Trophyhunters, trophy addicts or just those interested in them will always disagree about certain stuff because people have different opinions. And many places and groups are very poisinous towards each other and others, due to disagreeing about different aspects of gaming, trophies, etc.

So take FF Type-0 for exapmle. You can sit there for 2 hours doing date and time trick to get tons of EXP fast and be level 99 on all chars. So instead of spending 2.5 hours doing that, you spend 25 minutes editing the save for excact same outcome. You would then frown upon the guy editing the save, rather than spending 2 hours more just exploiting a date and time trick? Just an example of how 2 outcomes are identical, only difference is method and a slight time usage difference.

Yes I know its long but I feel like expressing my opinion. And this is no personal attack towards you or others, just trying to get a different perspective on things for others who maybe are very narrow sighted about this stuff.

It's not an opinion it's a fact, editing saves is cheating, period. Sorry if my last post came off as being a dick btw. I have a really close friend that has a hacked list, I've got nothing against them until they try to state they're legit when they clearly aren't.

Anyway back to the point, CFW and editing saves may be completely different but they're still external modifications nonetheless. In game exploits is just finding a flaw in the development of the game and abusing it. It's not comparable. When I first came to this site I was like "wow they encourage boosting" but now I don't see it being too bad. If a server is completely dead then people will want to gather up a group and boost for trophies otherwise how else would they get them? Even when they're fully active I wouldn't consider it anywhere near as bad as external modifications to saves and CFW hacking. 

Edited by ryankamal1998
Sent a half written message by accident
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

It's not an opinion it's a fact, editing saves is cheating, period. Sorry if my last post came off as being a dick btw. I have a really close friend that has a hacked list, I've got nothing against them until they try to state they're legit when they clearly aren't.

Anyway back to the point, CFW and editing saves may be completely different but they're still external modifications nonetheless. In game exploits is just finding a flaw in the development of the game and abusing it. It's not comparable. When I first came to this site I was like "wow they encourage boosting" but now I don't see it being too bad. If a server is completely dead then people will want to gather up a group and boost for trophies otherwise how else would they get them? Even when they're fully active I wouldn't consider it anywhere near as bad as external modifications to saves and CFW hacking. 

It's still is cheating, as long as you don't gain it as the developer intended you to gain it.

As for boosting, there is even a line in the TOA about it, it isn't mentioned directly. (I am to lazy to look it up and its very big :P)

Edited by Doomsdayman

On 4/30/2017 at 11:44 PM, ars said:

You can just add any user you dislike and flag him, they wouldn't even know. I know Sly had good intentions but at this popularity of the site, with a measely $5 the get-go you can flag people. People who were added to the site without any consent of their own. That's pay-to-grief. A month ago a user used PSNP API to mass track, then flag a thousand (not a joke) PSN accounts. Since the API is apparently open think of the capabilities to abuse this.

I'm a little dumbfounded at the amount of backlash the Dispute system/subforum is getting. Prior to its creation, by far the most common complaint I heard about PSNP was that it had too many cheaters on its leaderboard, while other sites (like PSNTL) were "cleaner" (which is a joke in my opinion).

The subforum had some awful threads in the first month or so, before the stricter rules and moderation were enforced, but it has been extremely civil and has worked very well recently. The user who used the PSN API to flag 1000 PSN accounts flagged 1000 people who used external saves to pop an unobtainable trophy. How is that a bad thing?

Sure, a user could start flagging people just because they don't like them. And then those people could simply dispute the false flags and be re-instated on the leaderboards. If the person continues to false flag then Sly can simply revoke their privileges and/or ban them. What's the problem? Other sites have had flagging for years.

Complaining that someone *could* abuse a website's feature (even though this hasn't happened yet) seems a bit silly when it's trivial to ban the user for doing that.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Doomsdayman said:

It's still is cheating, as long as you don't gain it as the developer intended you to gain it.

As for boosting, there is even a line in the TOA about it, it isn't mentioned directly. (I am to lazy to look it up and its very big :P)

I know but exploits and modding/hacking shouldn't be comparable in that aspect. One is far worse than the other even if it is still a form of cheating. I'm sure we've all used exploits sometime or another. I wouldn't shame myself for doing so.

I think I've seen that on the TOA because if I recall correctly it was posted on this site at one point or another? ?

15 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I'm a little dumbfounded at the amount of backlash the Dispute system/subforum is getting. Prior to its creation, by far the most common complaint I heard about PSNP was that it had too many cheaters on its leaderboard, while other sites (like PSNTL) were "cleaner" (which is a joke in my opinion).

The subforum had some awful threads in the first month or so, before the stricter rules and moderation were enforced, but it has been extremely civil and has worked very well recently. The user who used the PSN API to flag 1000 PSN accounts flagged 1000 people who used external saves to pop an unobtainable trophy. How is that a bad thing?

Sure, a user could start flagging people just because they don't like them. And then those people could simply dispute the false flags and be re-instated on the leaderboards. If the person continues to false flag then Sly can simply revoke their privileges and/or ban them. What's the problem? Other sites have had flagging for years.

Complaining that someone *could* abuse a website's feature (even though this hasn't happened yet) seems a bit silly when it's trivial to ban the user for doing that.

I have far more complaints about people that join sessions like when they are done they will leave without helping others or just ruin the session also there are people that just won't show up.

Edited by Doomsdayman
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I know but exploits and modding/hacking shouldn't be comparable in that aspect. One is far worse than the other even if it is still a form of cheating. I'm sure we've all used exploits sometime or another. I wouldn't shame myself for doing so.

I think I've seen that on the TOA because if I recall correctly it was posted on this site at one point or another? ?

pot calling the kettle black on that one. like cissa said, cheating is cheating, doesnt matter HOW, or whats worse. one is justifiable and the other isnt, because of how "severe" cheating is? idk about that one. i get people dont want to label themselves as cheaters because they exploit games and such, but come on now. anyone that has done a gta dupe glitch is a cheater (guilty) no matter how you look at it. IF the editor was even capable of (which it wont be) giving someone 20 of the most expensive car to sell in 5 min versus duping that car 20 times in 10 hours, good on them for making the most of their time lol.

TLDR: cheat if you want, dont if you dont. boosting/exploits/save editing are all different ways of cheating. each one can get you banned =) 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TwitchReflex said:

pot calling the kettle black on that one. like cissa said, cheating is cheating, doesnt matter HOW, or whats worse. one is justifiable and the other isnt, because of how "severe" cheating is? idk about that one. i get people dont want to label themselves as cheaters because they exploit games and such, but come on now. anyone that has done a gta dupe glitch is a cheater (guilty) no matter how you look at it. IF the editor was even capable of (which it wont be) giving someone 20 of the most expensive car to sell in 5 min versus duping that car 20 times in 10 hours, good on them for making the most of their time lol.

TLDR: cheat if you want, dont if you dont. boosting/exploits/save editing are all different ways of cheating. each one can get you banned =) 

I get it's still cheating, like I've already said. But one is inside the game itself and the other is externally modifying. Using an in game exploit to your advantage is just as bad as hacking? If it didn't matter which was worse then why are exploits allowed on this site but hacking/save editing isn't? 

7 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Using an in game exploit to your advantage is just as bad as hacking? If it didn't matter which was worse then why are exploits allowed on this site but hacking/save editing isn't? 

This is a private website and it allows in game exploits and boosting but it doesn't allowing save editing. That's the reason. If you go to another site, their definition might be different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

This is a private website and it allows in game exploits and boosting but it doesn't allowing save editing. That's the reason. If you go to another site, their definition might be different.

Fair enough. Still, to put a hacker and someone that used an exploit in the same category is pretty crazy if you ask me. Even though they are both cheating.

1 hour ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Fair enough. Still, to put a hacker and someone that used an exploit in the same category is pretty crazy if you ask me. Even though they are both cheating.

Dont think anybody is flagging them as the same. But as I was trying to state, was that both is considered a type of cheating. One worse than the other like you said. Boosting online trophies for example, in a way it wont interact with a leaderboard is not frowned upon by devs I would assume. But when people boost with each other to get on top leaderboard lists and make it impossible for legit players to reach it (who dont care for trophies or anything) then its frowned upon, and many devs kinda just "oh well, that lasted long" about it and ignore it further on. Others might flag them and remove them from list, or even block their PSN from online services. Imagine you had a game you loved, and played all day online, reaching leaderboards etc, only to wake up every day seeing new people reaching your rank and downgrading you from 1-2-3 to 20 or so each day, because they boost or use an advantage to do it when you must do it solo for yourself and your own skills? Of course you can tell yourself "I know Im better because this and that" :p. And of course, an empty server will need some sort of boosting to get done, which is perfectly clear for everyone. Nobody can call that cheating or anything.

In game exploits are also more severe when used in an online portion of a game, where it can give advantage over others. Thats where its also very frowned upon by devs and can get bad reactions.

But offline exploits are just fun for all imo myself. I say to myself its still a form of "cheating" when doing it myself in games that has some, but if the dev wont care to fix it, then I might as well use it for my own amusement and not shout it out being proud of accomplishments attained from it haha! I can myself say I used date/time trick on adventure capitalist and type-0, but I'm also more so laid back on trophy hunting. Do it at my own pace, and kinda dont speak to others about it bragging or anything. I do it for my own amusement and "aaah I feel done with the game" =p

And if a game suck, and you have an in game exploit that cuts the time for plat in half, i'd jump it faster than the speed of light. Nobody wants to sit through a shit as boring game for 50 hours just because I need that plat. I mean I would do it, but I tend to check up on players reviews, thoughts post release, and guide for tips, how-to's and such on here and the good old renewed ps3trophies. A hard game doesnt scare me, rather makes me want to try and get something done others couldnt and share methods away. Kinda like when just a very few people had Crescent Pale Mist (Im redoing it on this account). But I have/had 1st place on my old acc for Planeriel difficulty. And also recorder the whole game and upped to youtube. From 0% to 100% minus the kill grind between playthroughs to unlock difficulties. Was 1 japanese player who made a wierd map which I had to alter myself to read it properly. So having a video guide for the game showing all collectibles and such, will probably help people I hope. Been out for quite some time, but not sure if anyone here who has 100% it has used my guide or not =p

But I think we agree on most points. Just think we kinda misunderstand each others point of view =p

Edited by Cissa90

1 minute ago, Cissa90 said:

Dont think anybody is flagging them as the same. But as I was trying to state, was that both is considered a type of cheating. One worse than the other like you said. Boosting online trophies for example, in a way it wont interact with a leaderboard is not frowned upon by devs I would assume. But when people boost with each other to get on top leaderboard lists and make it impossible for legit players to reach it (who dont care for trophies or anything) then its frowned upon, and many devs kinda just "oh well, that lasted long" about it and ignore it further on. Others might flag them and remove them from list, or even block their PSN from online services.

In game exploits are also more severe when used in an online portion of a game, where it can give advantage over others. Thats where its also very frowned upon by devs and can get bad reactions.

But offline exploits are just fun for all imo myself. I say to myself its still a form of "cheating" when doing it myself in games that has some, but if the dev wont care to fix it, then I might as well use it for my own amusement and not shout it out being proud of accomplishments attained from it haha! I can myself say I used date/time trick on adventure capitalist and type-0, but I'm also more so laid back on trophy hunting. Do it at my own pace, and kinda dont speak to others about it bragging or anything. I do it for my own amusement and "aaah I feel done with the game" =p

And if a game suck, and you have an in game exploit that cuts the time for plat in half, i'd jump it faster than the speed of light. Nobody wants to sit through a shit as boring game for 50 hours just because I need that plat. I mean I would do it, but I tend to check up on players reviews, thoughts post release, and guide for tips, how-to's and such on here and the good old renewed ps3trophies. A hard game doesnt scare me, rather makes me want to try and get something done others couldnt and share methods away. Kinda like when just a very few people had Crescent Pale Mist (Im redoing it on this account). But I have/had 1st place on my old acc for Planeriel difficulty. And also recorder the whole game and upped to youtube. From 0% to 100% minus the kill grind between playthroughs to unlock difficulties. Was 1 japanese player who made a wierd map which I had to alter myself to read it properly. So having a video guide for the game showing all collectibles and such, will probably help people I hope. Been out for quite some time, but not sure if anyone here who has 100% it has used my guide or not =p

But I think we agree on most points. Just think we kinda misunderstand each others point of view =p

I see where you're coming from. On BF hardline I boosted all 40k kills for the dlc trophies and I've had tons of messages from day to day players asking how I'm like 1st in the country for cash per minute etc. I flew up nearly every leaderboard and I was only intending to get the trophies. So in a way I feel like I ruined it for the legit players just trying to get high on the Mp leaderboards. But yeah I get what you mean. Cheating is cheating I guess. I'm probably just being a bit in-denial because I'd happily use in game exploits to save time and wouldn't label myself a cheater as such, even though it genuinely is cheating. Let's just rid the labels altogether lol.

Yeah we do. But like I said I can see where you're coming from. c:

2 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I see where you're coming from. On BF hardline I boosted all 40k kills for the dlc trophies and I've had tons of messages from day to day players asking how I'm like 1st in the country for cash per minute etc. I flew up nearly every leaderboard and I was only intending to get the trophies. So in a way I feel like I ruined it for the legit players just trying to get high on the Mp leaderboards. But yeah I get what you mean. Cheating is cheating I guess. I'm probably just being a bit in-denial because I'd happily use in game exploits to save time and wouldn't label myself a cheater as such, even though it genuinely is cheating. Let's just rid the labels altogether lol.

Yeah we do. But like I said I can see where you're coming from. c:

Good, now you are allowed to add me on PSN for future boosting sessions LOL xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, angelgrievous said:

The oh boy is not one of excitement.  I don't condone these things at all.

http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/products/4544859494444/

CYBER save editor (for PS 4) Coming soon

Strategy tool that can save save data of PS4 game on PC!

CYBER save editor (for PS 4)

I guess this means cheaters gonna cheat.

Application software for PC which can edit saved data of PS4 game by yourself!

Just by using the patch cord, the state such as "possession gold MAX" "status MAX" etc.!

The save editor is a personal computer application that can change save data of game for PS 4 to a wonderful state such as "possession gold MAX" "status MAX". By entering something like a "patch code" like a password, you can register additional contents that can be changed.

How to use CYBER save editor (for PS 4) Simple mode

I have been having a read through the link and here is what I found. (Apologies if anyone has already mentioned any of this).

Not guaranteed to work on NON-JP versions of Windows.

Not guaranteed to work post PS4 4.70 update.

Can be used on both Blu-ray and download versions of the '80 supported games'.

Not guaranteed to work in all of the '80 supported games'.

No support is offered to anyone who edits their own game saves.

1 license per user / PSN account. 3 license version available.

Seems very hit and miss and not guaranteed to work by their own admission.

JapanimeGamer

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 4:15 PM, Doomsdayman said:

For somebody that you consider trophies worthless/pointless you do make a big issue about it. 1f60b.png

What I meant by my comment was trophy hacking. Trophy hunting for me is quite different. Again, pointless "things" that not many people care about, and certainly one that I can't go up to chicks and be like "Hey babe, I have over 6,000 trophies and over 75 platinums on my PSN account" *Panties drop*. For me they're little memories of games I've played along the way, since there've been so many. I love looking back at trophies from like 3-4 years ago and being like "Ooooh yeah! I remember that part! ..........FUCK THAT PART!!!" Lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Save hacking should be used only if you did the requirements for the trophy like 3 or 4 times and still doenst pop for you. All your friends have it, people online have it but it glitched for yOu and you didnt get it. Will you do a fifth time? No obviously, its fucking boring. Specially if its a really grindy and tedious trophy like that "1000 diamonds" one from far cry 2. What you should do? Get all the other trophies legit and save hack the fuck out of that game.

Other than that is if you had the save file but ended up corrupting it somehow, you dont want to go through all the game again, just grab a save from a friend, and hack so it can be yours and you can continue where you left of( sorta)

Youre not taking advantage that way, you are just geting a fair chance to finish whatever game youre trophy hunting and be happy about it, so you can play different games and dont have to waste your time playing the campaing again. 

Trophies are just memories like BIOHAZARD R US said, u dont get rewards like xbox live and if my hd goes to shit or my system starts overheating because I left it on overnight to get that stupid "my kung fu is stronger" trophy on MK9, could eventually shut off any game Im playing, nobody is going to pay for the damages but me, so this shouldnt be a reason not to save hack. I guess it fits in the fair use category.

Edited by KnAbrAvA
Misssed some words so it can make sense

48 minutes ago, KnAbrAvA said:

Trophies are just memories like BIOHAZARD R US said, u dont get rewards like xbox live

Actually you do get rewards for earning trophies through Sonyrewards.com. 10 Platinums gets you $10 worth of points, 25 Golds gets you $2.50 and 100 Silvers gets you $1.00. There is a limit to how many times per year you can get each reward but I believe it's either 10 or 12 times.

I can think of one valid reason for savefile modification, and that would be fixing corrupted saves from the early to mid PS3 era.

I wouldn't even call that 'hacking' or even really 'modification', though. Mostly it involves having access to a device or script that can decrypt the file and then re-encrypt it. That normally fixes early PS3 save corruption.

• Like 1