Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

11 hours ago, Doomsdayman said:

Yes, but the source key (or what ever they called it) hasn't meaning it's harder to hack and each new version means each has to be broken.

Would it be possible to mod and iso?

7 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Would it be possible to mod and iso?

Not sure if I am allowed to talk about that on this forum. Think it's against the TOA.

Besides I only know why the PS3 hacking went so fast and that was because of that key.

Edited by Doomsdayman

16 hours ago, Doomsdayman said:

Not sure if I am allowed to talk about that on this forum. Think it's against the TOA.

Besides I only know why the PS3 hacking went so fast and that was because of that key.

It shouldn't be a problem to discuss as it's relevant to people who care about their trophies. Besides I would swap Trophies for an Action Replay/Gameshark any day of the week but I guess those days are over.

14 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

It shouldn't be a problem to discuss as it's relevant to people who care about their trophies. Besides I would swap Trophies for an Action Replay/Gameshark any day of the week but I guess those days are over.

Mod and ISO's are kinda illegal that's the reason.

Or do you mean the save game editor?

I love Game Genie and support anything that could do something similar for modern consoles.  The only problem is that they also invite other things like trophy hacking and online cheat abuse.  They only work around I can think of is if devs themselves add "cheat codes" to their games.  I'd be down. 

On 2/4/2017 at 11:57 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't understand why people put so much effort into something so worthless/pointless. Oooooh you hacked a bunch of trophies and now you have 100,000 illegitimate trophies that no one cares about. You're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooooOOOOOL

I've had a habit of using Pro Action Replays on my Nintendo games. If I ever use something like this to edit my saves, I'll probably only do it to reduce the time it takes to do a pointless grind. I know that having to redo the same boring songs in Ice Cream Beat and rage over failing them over and over again is a small price to pay for getting that Maestro Trophy in Birth by Sleep Final Mix, and hacking the trophy into my PS4 is a sign that you just completely gave up. (Kingdom Hearts III, please take notes from your precursors. If I must play Classic Kingdom please do not make me earn 10 zillion points in each of your games. I do not care much about old LED games. Also, balance your Critical mode a bit so I don't keep dying to common enemies like I did with Large Bodies in Kingdom Hearts II. Yes, I know I am supposed to 'get gud' but some of those battles were unfair.)

Then again, considering that I am getting sick and tired of playing the same games a zillion times over for pointless trophies...

Anyways, I am glad it just edits your save files and not the game itself. Pro Action replay tends to do the latter and is very risky.

Edited by DragonQuest238

16 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Save time instead of grinding. 

Leela Bender cartoon mammal fictional character comics purple fiction snapshot illustration

To this day I still don't know the definite answer as to why these people  still do what they do if they already know (or, at least they should've realized way earlier than they will/would) that practices like these give off bad perceptions of them (the hackers) to people who do it right (the legit trophy hunters).

But man, I gotta say your guess was uneducated and done with little to no research. Have you actually questioned any particular hackers recently? You know, like "literally" knocking on their doors with a notepad containing gathered opinions/responses on it? I'd be surprised if one of them would come up with this reason for doing, that's really if any of the responders were to actually bother responding to anyone's questions...

8 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Leela Bender cartoon mammal fictional character comics purple fiction snapshot illustration

To this day I still don't know the definite answer as to why these people  still do what they do if they already know (or, at least they should've realized way earlier than they will/would) that practices like these give off bad perceptions of them (the hackers) to people who do it right (the legit trophy hunters).

But man, I gotta say your guess was uneducated and done with little to no research. Have you actually questioned any particular hackers recently? You know, like "literally" knocking on their doors with a notepad containing gathered opinions/responses on it? I'd be surprised if one of them would come up with this reason for doing, that's really if any of the responders were to actually bother responding to anyone's questions...

Why question them when I am one. Straight from the source... now who's the uneducated one? 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Velaxity said:

Boosting is cheating though...

I disagree. Boosting trophies still requires you to play and spend time with the game. Boosting and hacking are two completely different things. Hacking doesn't require you to play the game at all. 

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

And yet the world keeps spinning around.  You're right, who does care? 

And yet, this is also true.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ivangutjahr said:

not ALL the times...sometimes ppl boost to play coop like diablo 3 for trophies together. how that is cheating? you can just beat the game faster with more ppl for example.

That's not boosting though. That's doing coop together by what your saying.

11 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I disagree. Boosting trophies still requires you to play and spend time with the game. Boosting and hacking are two completely different things. Hacking doesn't require you to play the game at all. 

And yet, this is also true.

Doesn't change the fact it isn't cheating. It may not be regarded by this site, but most people consider it cheating by the looks of it outside of this site. If you look up the definition of cheating then that is exactly what boosting is.

2 hours ago, Velaxity said:

Doesn't change the fact it isn't cheating. It may not be regarded by this site, but most people consider it cheating by the looks of it outside of this site. If you look up the definition of cheating then that is exactly what boosting is.

I've only boosted like twice that I can remember. And both of them were trophies that couldn't be obtained any other way. But whatever the case, I guess it makes me a cheater. ?

5 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

I've only boosted like twice that I can remember. And both of them were trophies that couldn't be obtained any other way. But whatever the case, I guess it makes me a cheater. 1f615.png

If you go by the rules set by the developers, then boosting is cheating, and it can even get you permanently banned from the online 

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

If you go by the rules set by the developers, then boosting is cheating, and it can even get you permanently banned from the online 

Whoop-dee-doo. Considering one of the games doesn't even have online functionality anymore, and the other one won't either pretty soon. I boosted two damn trophies and now I'm being labled a cheater. Pffft. 

9 hours ago, Velaxity said:

That's not boosting though. That's doing coop together by what your saying.

ok so can you please bring Definitions for...

Rush

Boost

Speedrun

Cheat

also after definitions, give examples, bcz clearly ppl here think different.

for me cheating is manipulating saves, using extra softwares while playing in pc...

if the game has glitches, like walk through walls, you cant blame just the player, the company should make a patch to fix that. is that a cheat too? so almost all of speed-runners uses "cheats" to finish games while donating, yeah, there is tons of events for that streamed in twitch...idk its too much complicated