Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

Looks like there should just be a report option for every game on PSN now, considering vita games have been proven hackable by this account: https://psnprofiles.com/HackbyFakeshadow there was a PS4 exploit a while back that allowed people to unlock trophies for games by playing other games, I don't know if that has been patched yet, hopefully it has. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't understand why people put so much effort into something so worthless/pointless. Oooooh you hacked a bunch of trophies and now you have 100,000 illegitimate trophies that no one cares about. You're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooooOOOOOL

It is only a save editor, not something made to make trophy pop.

It is basically a "super cheat code". And since about 100% of gamers have used cheats at some point, why wouldn't the buyers of this item?

Edited by lesk8vaincra

3 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

It is a save editor, not a trophy popper... It is basically cheat code

idk man, if I use a save editor to give me infinite ammo on The Last of Us Grounded mode, that's a pretty big help to get the trophies popping too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

It is a save editor, not a trophy popper... It is basically cheat code

Maybe you can't pop trophies directly but you might be able to change some save-related stats that are tied to trophies.

E.g. set the amount of killed enemies to 499 if you get a trophy for killing 500 enemies. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

It is only a save editor, not something made to make trophy pop.

It is basically a "super cheat code". And since about 100% of gamers have used cheats at some point, why wouldn't the buyers of this item?

Isn't that the same idea as the save editor people use on the ps3 to pop trophies, by editing someone elses save to be theirs instead? It's a bad idea all around

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

idk man, if I use a save editor to give me infinite ammo on The Last of Us Grounded mode, that's a pretty big help to get the trophies popping too.

Of course, and i don't want people to use that for the sole purpose of making trophy pop, but trophies are NOT the purpose of this object.

Whatever, it was clear that people would create something like that at some point.

Also, i bet there was already a savegame editor for some times. It was simply not publicaly released

• Like 1

Bah i'll always wonder where is the fun in this. you got a Plat without effort? Stats to the max without efforts, and then Why you got the Game? Just to get some Trophies you don't even feel deserved?

Bah I don't care if it get's patched or nope i know me and most people here just play for enjoying and get plats for satisfaction and that's what matter! 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 3

On the one hand, as long as they don't get the chance to unlock other people's trophies (as in BO2) I don't care what other players do.

On the other hand, maxed out stats or infinite health on other players might make legit online trophies (as in any win X ammount of rounds) harder to obtain :|

Hackers... don't mess with my trophies you sons of a glitch!! :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpknight said:

It's not just for trophy hacking is it? If you're playing Dark Souls 3 you might be able to edit your character's stats and give yourself infinite health, etc... I hope Sony will just say ''nope'' and make a patch that'll make this save editor useless.

Technically not meant for trophies. It's meant for asset editing, like seen with Bruteforce Savedata, such as changing your xp in a game, or potentially allowing God mode in COD (though very unlikely), or cheating in Ratchet & Clank 2016. You'd only get trophies if you hacked your way through a challenge (like attaining collectibles), otherwise you'd have to resign someone else's gamesave, which is not possible.

2 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Since we are talking about hacking. Can someone explain to me the fastest 100% time on infamous first light?!

If you mean it looks hacked, a person can earn all their trophies without syncing, export the save, delete account from PS4, load back account, and import save, and run game. Should auto-pop. (This is what I've heard) but there's also the thing where people accidentally get trophies unlocked from downloading another game.

5 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Since we are talking about hacking. Can someone explain to me the fastest 100% time on infamous first light?!

There used to be a bug in the PS4 that would unlock trophies for a different trophy list than the game you were playing. People would play Sound Shapes and instead of only auto-popping the Sound Shapes trophies it would unlock other trophies as well. It was mentioned here

If it happened on a ps3 game it'd be flagged no matter what. It's a ps4 game though and we can't flag those yet.

Edited by kuuhaku

7 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

On the one hand, as long as they don't get the chance to unlock other people's trophies (as in BO2) I don't care what other players do.

On the other hand, maxed out stats or infinite health on other players might make legit online trophies (as in any win X ammount of rounds) harder to obtain :|

Hackers... don't mess with my trophies you sons of a glitch!! :giggle:

Son of a Glitch is actually a pretty cool YouTube channel, fyi. Don't worry about that. BO2 is done through jailbroken system, and not saves. Saves wouldn't be able to go online on BO3/Ghosts/IW/MWR/AW

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Bah i'll always wonder where is the fun in this. you got a Plat without effort? Stats to the max without efforts, and then Why you got the Game? Just to get some Trophies you don't even feel deserved?

Bah I don't care if it get's patched or nope i know me and most people here just play for enjoying and get plats for satisfaction and that's what matter! 

Be it as it may, it would allow for diamond Knack without rng getting in the way. But yes, this would damage the reputation for many games. But it would be worse if and when save resigning comes.

1 minute ago, Gommes_ said:

Thanks for the response. So technically it's possible to finish every ps4 title in seconds?

The "sound shapes bug" was apparently patched out in an older firmware. But deleting your save and redownloading would autopop any trophies in games that worked that way. Doing so on a ps3 would get you flagged as it did with @Super-Fly Spider-Guy

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlphaSergen said:

Looks like there should just be a report option for every game on PSN now, considering vita games have been proven hackable by this account: https://psnprofiles.com/HackbyFakeshadow there was a PS4 exploit a while back that allowed people to unlock trophies for games by playing other games, I don't know if that has been patched yet, hopefully it has. 

For Vita, the method is patched. Until a spoofer comes out, the trophy hack (trophy data syncs) would only work on 3.60 and below, but 3.60 can't go online, since 3.63 is latest fw. I wouldn't be too worried about vita trophy hacking, as no online has caused many to quit it, though piracy is huge on Vita -- which is a bad thing.

4 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Thanks for the response. So technically it's possible to finish every ps4 title in seconds?

Yeah, just remember to not sync the trophies before reloading save.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don't understand why people put so much effort into something so worthless/pointless. Oooooh you hacked a bunch of trophies and now you have 100,000 illegitimate trophies that no one cares about. You're soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooooOOOOOL

Ahahahahah you win the day today :)

According to Gematsu:

Japanese company Cyber Gadget is releasing a PlayStation 4 Save Editor in Japan in March. It will cost 7,800 yen for a single user license, or 14,800 yen for a three user license.

The Save Editor is a PC application that lets you edit PlayStation 4 game save data to acquire things such as the maximum amount of money or maxed-out stats. By entering “patch codes,” which are similar to a passwords, you can register additional content to be changed.

According to Cyber Gadget, the Save Editor includes patch codes for more than 80 popular titles, including Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes II, and Gravity Rush 2. Patch codes for unregistered games will be released regularly, free of charge.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/02/cyber-gadget-release-ps4-save-editor-march-japan#6RPsIIARYPCrBk2F.99

If people start abusing it (which will pretty much happen) and if it works for online games as well, I can imagine massive bans at Overwatch when a code gets posted.

Also, this kind of thing may backfire by making devs abandon any and all support to some games (why multiplayer when you cant even die with that Infinite Health, right?).

But I still believe Sony will have a swift response to this. The PS4 is their main product and they will not let it be exploited so easily.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

It reminds me of the old gameshark from PS1. But I think this is way too risky: the PS4 relies heavily on digital information, both from the game and the account. Who can say that this device is only tampering with the savedata?

Sony will probably add some kind of firewall to this in the next system update.

I hope you are right 

3 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Well for the people that buy it, it's all fun and games till Sony patches it. That was a fine $70 well spent lmao.

It also then makes buying games pointless.. congrats, you've just spent  ______ just to platinum a game in like 3 seconds, gg. Cause that's how you're "supposed to" play games now.

It won't be countered, if you haven't understood this is a special app which analyzises saves. It means that devs somehow realized structure of PS4 saves.

Sony won't be able to patch this cause it means that they have to change structure of saves and if they do that all old saves won't work. 

Moreover, I doubt that Sony even cares about that, seriously. They even don't ban accounts with obviously hacked trophies (like Microsoft do).

It just means that there is no reason to play games for trophies only for rating. If you want trophies legit, get it legit but if you want it only because it's respectable then you should realize that many people hacks games on PS3.

1 hour ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i miss game shark, game genie and action replay

Game Genie's on PS3.

1 hour ago, ab4h4r4k1 said:

According to Gematsu:

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/02/cyber-gadget-release-ps4-save-editor-march-japan#6RPsIIARYPCrBk2F.99

If people start abusing it (which will pretty much happen) and if it works for online games as well, I can imagine massive bans at Overwatch when a code gets posted.

Also, this kind of thing may backfire by making devs abandon any and all support to some games (why multiplayer when you cant even die with that Infinite Health, right?).

But I still believe Sony will have a swift response to this. The PS4 is their main product and they will not let it be exploited so easily.

Don't expect too many online mods, considering most games would  be server based. I sincerely doubt Overwatch will be affected. There's only so much that can be done with hacking a save, since many variables are stored on server and not on save?

10 minutes ago, PlayAsGod said:

It won't be countered, if you haven't understood this is a special app which analyzises saves. It means that devs somehow realized structure of PS4 saves.

Sony won't be able to patch this cause it means that they have to change structure of saves and if they do that all old saves won't work. 

Moreover, I doubt that Sony even cares about that, seriously. They even don't ban accounts with obviously hacked trophies (like Microsoft do).

It just means that there is no reason to play games for trophies only for rating. If you want trophies legit, get it legit but if you want it only because it's respectable then you should realize that many people hacks games on PS3.

Agreed, it won't be countered. PS3 and Vita saves aren't countered.