Oh boy, trophy hacking coming to PS4?

angelgrievous

On ٤‏/٢‏/٢٠١٧ at 11:29 PM, DarkHarmonixer said:

i miss game shark, game genie and action replay

same here, I still remember the days when I finish a game I return to it and replay it again using an action replay to laugh my ass out at the crazy stuff you do with cheats, it's almost feels like mods but for consoles.

then publishers started to hunt them down saying it's cheating!

well in terms of nowdays gaming, using cheats to earn trophies / achievements is cheating yes, and in online gaming is absolutely unwelcome, but the funny thing is that these cheat codes return under a new name called DLC!... as long as we pay for them for it then it's not cheating, yeah i'm not surprised about that.

2 hours ago, PowerCoard said:

Sony has given up on the vita don't expect to much from them on vita trophies 

Wouldn't make sense to report Vita. 3.60 can't go online.

49 minutes ago, shar0412 said:

Whatever floats someone's boat I guess. Seems pointless to me, but then again, some people pay others to get trophies for them...

Have heard Hakoom pays for plats.

12 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

same here, I still remember the days when I finish a game I return to it and replay it again using an action replay to laugh my ass out at the crazy stuff you do with cheats, it's almost feels like mods but for consoles.

then publishers started to hunt them down saying it's cheating!

well in terms of nowdays gaming, using cheats to earn trophies / achievements is cheating yes, and in online gaming is absolutely unwelcome, but the funny thing is that these cheat codes return under a new name called DLC!... as long as we pay for them for it then it's not cheating, yeah i'm not surprised about that.

I think save file editing can allow you to do some of the same stuff editing the memory of a game allows you to do. Obviously far from everything, but some. Very much depends on what is stored in the save file and how strict data read from it is verified.

I love exploring the memory of old games in an emulator or something! :) You can find a lot of cool stuff. Everything from hidden or unused areas, items and dialogue etc. I've even found "unused" abilities and animations etc. You can often figure out how some hidden and secret background calculations in a game is done. I've been wanting to make a video of unused items in Tombi!. :) There's some interesting strange unused and unexplained stuff in the game. Known extra videos of locations not used in the final game. Items not obtainable. Can you use them for anything? I wanna see if I can find some secret dialogue! :D

On the topic... oh well... It was just a matter of time. We'll still be able to tell most cheated stuff anyway, and there's a ton of difficult trophies you can't save file cheat yourself to. The price is pretty steep, but someone will just crack this shit and make it public.

Edited by MMDE

29 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I think save file editing can allow you to do some of the same stuff editing the memory of a game allows you to do. Obviously far from everything, but some. Very much depends on what is stored in the save file and how strict data read from it is verified.

I love exploring the memory of old games in an emulator or something! :) You can find a lot of cool stuff. Everything from hidden or unused areas, items and dialogue etc. I've even found "unused" abilities and animations etc. You can often figure out how some hidden and secret background calculations in a game is done. I've been wanting to make a video of unused items in Tombi!. :) There's some interesting strange unused and unexplained stuff in the game. Known extra videos of locations not used in the final game. Items not obtainable. Can you use them for anything? I wanna see if I can find some secret dialogue! :D

I remember the game shark used to unlock stuff like these, I used to have the Japanese version of that stealth game on the ps1 Tenchu, when used the game shark on it and open the videos files I found some footages of what i think the early concept of the game's gameplay, the game used to be in a futuristic world where the ninja you play as and the enemies are all robots lol, there was no stealth, you just go to the enemies and slash them to death.

I think the idea of this file editor for the ps4 was meant to allow people to unlock unobtainable trophies something like ( glitched trophies that was never been patched or will never gonna be patched ) as it may going to be for good use to some people who's obsessed to see everything 100% on their trophies list, but until someone will find a way around it to unlock all the trophies for a new game in under 5 minutes or something which will pissed everyone else.

22 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I think the idea of this file editor for the ps4 was meant to allow people to unlock unobtainable trophies

No it wasn't. It states quite clearly on the product page it was to give infinite lifes, gold etc just like Action Replay has done in the past. What the editor does has nothing to do with trophies. Retroactively popping trophies through it is just a user application of the tool, and even then you'll only pop specific trophies under specific conditions.

What if these guys used their talents for good instead of hacking trophies. Could you imagine? But wait.....what's the price or is it free? The players who use this are going to pain in the neck when they enter the leaderboards.

Edited by marvelboy10

23 hours ago, marvelboy10 said:

What if these guys used their talents for good instead of hacking trophies. Could you imagine? But wait.....what's the price or is it free? The players who use this are going to pain in the neck when they enter the leaderboards.

1. It's not meant to hack trophies. Though Xploder would be able to through resigning. A person could change their stats to pop trophies, like for collectibles, but they wouldn't be able to instapop all trophies, like a modded lobby.

2. $70 though Xploder is $25.

On 6-2-2017 at 5:03 PM, starcrunch061 said:

What's 100 hours? That's less than 5 days, and if you enjoy the hunt, it's probably better than many hours you'll spend later in life.

God, I hope not. 

Well I didn't, still need 50 hours of XP grinding. -_-

Also title is all wrong now that I noticed. (Unless it's click bate which it's isn't)

Should be "Save game editor coming to PS4".

Also this save game editor is only there for editing the save and not unlocking trophies directly.

Also this can never be used with leaderboards since that data is stored online (Except for the extremely rare occasion that it's stored offline and with no save data copy protection). And because you can only edit save games you can't use it online.

Also a interesting question for all of you.

What if Sony let you unlock any trophy for real money, what would you do?

3 hours ago, TwitchReflex said:

this would be great to earn the trophies that are glitched on The Crew for the past 3 years, LOL. They'll never be patched / fixed / anything, so who knows....this thing might have some merit.

Depends on what it takes to pop the trophy. Is it based on stats? Is it based on collectibles? 

18 hours ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Depends on what it takes to pop the trophy. Is it based on stats? Is it based on collectibles? 

the crew has in game stats they call awards, that is basically what controls your trophy popping. as you play these become completed, for example getting all platinum ranks on story missions award would list 0/71 or whatever it is when you start, and the glitch stops it at 69/71 even if you have done the requirement. that's where the bugs come into play, with the award system they have blocking the trophies. only problem i see is that this game is online only so this save editor thing probably wont even help hah

13 hours ago, TwitchReflex said:

the crew has in game stats they call awards, that is basically what controls your trophy popping. as you play these become completed, for example getting all platinum ranks on story missions award would list 0/71 or whatever it is when you start, and the glitch stops it at 69/71 even if you have done the requirement. that's where the bugs come into play, with the award system they have blocking the trophies. only problem i see is that this game is online only so this save editor thing probably wont even help hah

Depends if stats are stored on server or on gamesave.