Filters? Gas mask? Pffft, why would anyone even use them?

TheYuriG

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

If you're a plus member, you can set up the ps3 to auto sync your trophies daily at the time of your choosing

Unfortunately I'm not. :P 

I just wonder what possible problems could arise from shutting the system off and restarting to sync as opposed to quitting the game through the PS button on a DS3.

Suppose I shouldn't really worry about it. I generally don't see the same bugs/glitches most people seem to find in their games.

16 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I wasn't exactly sure if having to restart the system could possibly screw with the trophies. I remember reading somewhere to sync them it might be better to quit out of the game instead of just pressing the PS button to get to the xmb menu. I generally don't worry about bugs but thought I'd ask anyways.

Don't think quitting affects you negatively in any shape, it's actually quite positive instead since you can continue stuff if you upload your save to the cloud and stuff 

I'm gonna tell you the triggers for the dlc trophies so you can be aware of them and when you are supposed to pause the game and wait a ding or downright quit because you know (because I'm telling you) that the game is going to freeze:

Spider level: big sirens, super infestation, take a lift upwards, ceiling opens, light comes inside and kills spiders. The moment you see your first enemy OUTSIDE, pause the game and wait 7 seconds. No trophy pop? 100% game gonna freeze and crash. QUIT THE GAME. if you got jumped at, outside, you have gone too far

Pavel: after getting the last safe (trophy pops), you get back to the "veneza" city of the story. After walking all the way through, you enter and sit inside a boat. As soon as you sit, pause the game and wait 7 seconds. No trophy pop? Quit the game because it 100% gonna freeze. This cutscene is pretty short, but if you see the guy in front of you waving, you have gone too far

Anna: after all sniping blah blah blah you move on ground level until the artyom original location. You gonna see a truck IN A CUTSCENE, pause the game and wait the trophy. No trophy? Quit the game because it gonna freeze. If the truck drives into distance, you have gone too far

Sniper: don't remember, but this one was fun, sorry. Any input welcome 

Tower and museum/arena trophies aren't affected by this since they pop in game with no cutscenes so just quit as soon as you have both

Dunno if I'm missing one

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

For the Sniper Team level, the story-related trophy pops when you open a door and your disguised A.I. partner lets you in.

I'd definitely recommend syncing your trophies regularly just in case something bad happens. It sucks that such a great game is riddled with such abysmal glitches. :(

On 2/5/2017 at 9:13 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Since you've platted the game. If possible do you remember the only enemies you've killed when going for Shadow Ranger? Is it really just the flamethrower bastard at the end and the shield enemies in front of him you can kill at will?

If you'd like another opinion from someone who has platted the game, I say avoid killing anyone but the Flamethrower guy. I even made sure not to kill the shield guys that were protecting him and only fired at the Flamethrower guy when I had a clear shot. This means that I died a lot of times as the Flamethrower guy would reach my position, but I eventually managed to kill him this way. Paranoid much? Maybe. But there is so much conflicting information out there on who you can/can't kill (and believe me, I did a lot of research on this) that I thought I'd be better off not killing anyone else at all just to be on the safe side. In addition to that, I didn't knock out anyone on top of the rails in the Bandits level and didn't get spotted in the Contagion level.

If possible, you may want to play/plat the Redux version first as it'll definitely help you get prepared for your Shadow Ranger run.

On 2/5/2017 at 7:11 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

On the Complete Edition, digital, it's not possible to unlock Shadow and Diver. So even if I did every other trophy in the game...I gotta go find a physical copy afterwards lol.

Would playing while logged out of PSN work better? 

Huh? This is news to me as well. I wonder why these 2 trophies would be unobtainable in the Complete Edition. :hmm: As far as I know such bundles are the same as getting the game and DLCs separately. Isn't it the case here?

Also, since this thread was originally about sharing a useful tip, I thought I'd add some other tips that I shared on another site. Those are definitely useful for Ranger Hardcore and can tone down the difficulty significantly:

• There's a trick you can use during Watchmen fights with an A.I. partner: If you just run in circles during those fights, your A.I. partner will eventually take care of all the enemies on their own and you won't have to fire a single bullet. Don't worry about dying this way as the enemies will barely be able to hit you if you make sure not to run into them. Just keep running in circles and don't look back.
  • You can also use the "run in circles" trick to survive the timed sections in the game when you're on your own (once again, just keep running until you can get the hell out of there). To be more specific:
    • The end of the Bandits level when you have to wait for the ferryman to arrive,
    • The end of the Sundown level when you have to wait for the raft to dock,
    • Halfway through the Undercity level when you have to wait for the elevator to come down (although this one is quite hard to pull off since there's a bunch of obstacles in the area, so it can be tricky to avoid the Watchmen here)
  • You can complete parts of/entire levels that have Watchmen/other enemies by running past them to the next objective. These levels include: Sundown, Nightfall, Dead City, Bridge, and The Garden. Basically the surface levels that have non-human enemies in them. This tip is only recommended if you've played the game at least once beforehand and know your way around.
  • A great place to get a lot of MGRs (especially for weapon attachments) is the Bandits level. There's a total of 9 enemies in the first section of that level (including the ones in the train). If you knock them all out, you can sell their weapons for an average of 25 MGRs each, which will amount to 200+ MGRs. You'll have to do a lot of running back and forth, though, as you can only sell a single weapon at once, but at least it's a short distance away. You can do this for the second and third sections of this level as well, but it'll be far too time-consuming and not worth the hassle as they are much farther away (unless you absolutely need some more MGRs).
Edited by cr1s
Removed mention of DLC trophy guides.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cr1s said:

Huh? This is news to me as well. I wonder why these 2 trophies would be unobtainable in the Complete Edition. :hmm: As far as I know such bundles are the same as getting the game and DLCs separately. Isn't it the case here?

About this. I don't know why this was reported and it got me very irritated at the prospect of having to buy the game physically.

However, I unlocked Shadow naturally the other day and the next time I play I'm going to be trying out Diver as well. 

I wasn't able to check anywhere else but on this site? I'm wondering if any of the accounts not having the game on an NA account have anything to do with it. I know that before playing I had to download Patch 1.02 though. Or maybe like all games some people just run into certain bugs. This site has a lot of people who run into bugs in the AC games, for example, and I never encounter anything like they do.

As for the rest of your post, awesome tips! I did plat the Redux version and 2033 Redux. :D I'll keep that in mind for the Flamethrower dude since he's part of the trophy I'm giving the most thought.

6 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

About this. I don't know why this was reported and it got me very irritated at the prospect of having to buy the game physically.

However, I unlocked Shadow naturally the other day and the next time I play I'm going to be trying out Diver as well. 

I wasn't able to check anywhere else but on this site? I'm wondering if any of the accounts not having the game on an NA account have anything to do with it. I know that before playing I had to download Patch 1.02 though. Or maybe like all games some people just run into certain bugs. This site has a lot of people who run into bugs in the AC games, for example, and I never encounter anything like they do.

As for the rest of your post, awesome tips! I did plat the Redux version and 2033 Redux. :D I'll keep that in mind for the Flamethrower dude since he's part of the trophy I'm giving the most thought.

I played the EU digital version and didn't encounter any trophy glitches (I made sure not to install the DLCs until after I platted the game as I had heard that the DLCs made these problems worse...), but now that you've confirmed that they're obtainable in the Complete Edition, it means these trophies must've glitched for some people who were playing the Complete Edition and thought they were unobtainable as a result. If the Complete Edition means that you get the game and the DLCs separately in your download list as you would if you were to buy them normally otherwise then it's definitely not an account-related issue. It's obvious that trophy glitches are present in all versions of the game and it all depends on whether or not you're lucky enough to avoid them...

One thing's for sure is that you have to kill the Flamethrower guy since your A.I. partners won't do that for you. What they will do is kill some of the shield guys that protect him and give you a clear shot at him. That's the only moment in the game where you're "forced to" kill a human. You can (and preferably should) avoid killing anyone else. The developers themselves have stated that you can kill humans in the Chase, Red Square, and D6 levels (source), but don't take their word for granted as this may still void the trophy. It might sound like a hassle to avoid killing anyone else and play through the game very carefully, but believe me, the extra time you take to ensure this will pay off.

1 minute ago, cr1s said:

I played the EU digital version and didn't encounter any trophy glitches (I made sure not to install the DLCs until after I platted the game as I had heard that the DLCs made these problems worse...), but now that you've confirmed that they're obtainable in the Complete Edition, it means these trophies must've glitched for some people who were playing the Complete Edition and thought they were unobtainable as a result. If the Complete Edition means that you get the game and the DLCs separately in your download list as you would if you were to buy them normally otherwise then it's definitely not an account-related issue. It's obvious that trophy glitches are present in all versions of the game and it all depends on whether or not you're lucky enough to avoid them...

One thing's for sure is that you have to kill the Flamethrower guy since your A.I. partners won't do that for you. What they will do is kill some of the shield guys that protect him and give you a clear shot at him. That's the only moment in the game where you're "forced to" kill a human. You can (and preferably should) avoid killing anyone else. The developers themselves have stated that you can kill humans in the Chase, Red Square, and D6 levels (source), but don't take their word for granted as this may still void the trophy. It might sound like a hassle to avoid killing anyone else and play through the game very carefully, but believe me, the extra time you take to ensure this will pay off.

Yeah, I generally never encounter the same trophy problems others do. I've read that the game can be buggy trophy-wise and Shadow has a few people saying they did it differently. So I'm chalking up that trophy to good fortune. 

The level that may give me the most difficulty is the one where Pavel has you cornered in the square and you have to snipe into the buildings...

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The level that may give me the most difficulty is the one where Pavel has you cornered in the square and you have to snipe into the buildings...

Spoiler

Yeah, that section can be a bit tricky to get through without killing anyone. Basically what you wanna do is run to the center of the area to trigger the scripted dialogue, then run behind the large piece of cover in the back as this protects you from most of the snipers. A group of 4-5 soldiers will make their way to you, knock them out one by one. Stay behind cover for a while then run to the gates while making sure to take cover whenever necessary and Pavel should order some of his men to open the gates by the time you get there (IIRC there's a checkpoint here). You'd want to be as close to the gates as possible when this happens in order to knock out the 3 soldiers inside as quickly as possible. Once you've made it past this the trickiest part of this level is over and you just have to shoot at Pavel. Make sure you don't let him die when you're given the choice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2017 at 4:35 AM, cr1s said:

I can now confirm that Diver is also obtainable as I finally reached Sundown and immediately jumped in the water 10 times. I even died and reloaded the checkpoint twice and got it.

However, Inferno and Soup did not unlock for me but I will be trying for them at every chance. :hmm: I watched 2 guys go up in flames from 1 flame grenade. Soup on the other hand I'm going to try differently. My first 2 attempts were in the stage where you jump onto the raft and see the Shrimp for the first time. I threw a bunch of grenades in the water and restarted when I didn't pop the trophy. Now that I'm at Sundown I will attempt to kill them on land with grenades. That's tomorrow's experiment though. :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I can now confirm that Diver is also obtainable as I finally reached Sundown and immediately jumped in the water 10 times. I even died and reloaded the checkpoint twice and got it.

However, Inferno and Soup did not unlock for me but I will be trying for them at every chance. :hmm: I watched 2 guys go up in flames from 1 flame grenade. Soup on the other hand I'm going to try differently. My first 2 attempts were in the stage where you jump onto the raft and see the Shrimp for the first time. I threw a bunch of grenades in the water and restarted when I didn't pop the trophy. Now that I'm at Sundown I will attempt to kill them on land with grenades. That's tomorrow's experiment though. :P 

Good to know. :D

• For Inferno, you might want to throw a grenade on 3 enemies if you're having trouble with just 2. I got it in the Revolution chapter. There are a couple of spots in the first big area that have 3 enemies (the first one is the campfire - you might have to wait a little bit for the third enemy to show up - and the second one is at the opposite end of the area). The next chapter you can attempt this at is Contagion and there happen to be 3 enemies bunched up near the railway (there should be a checkpoint here as well, so you can reload if you fail).
  • For Soup, I got it in the Sundown chapter near the downed airplane. Restarting the checkpoint doesn't work for this one, though. You have to get the kills in one go.