How many hours have you spent in Skyrim?

BlazingCat83

The minimum to beat the game. I didn't really care for it but I also didn't want to feel like I wasted my $ so I threw some cool mods on it and plowed through the story.

I did recently buy the ps4 version though, for some odd reason. Who knows, maybe I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

Although I did spend stupid amounts of time in Oblivion if that counts for something lol.

Edited by KingGuy420

If we combined all my save files between PS3, 360 and now PS4? Probably about 60-70. Maybe a little over 10 was actually spent on a launch copy of the PS3 version... boy, oh boy what an experience that was: the game still doesn't work to this day, and I fought with the crippling performance issues, backwards ass flying dragons, etc, before selling it for the 360 version.

35 hours was spent on the 360 version; believe it or not, even with all that time in the game, I still couldn't be bothered to finish anything other than the Companions questline, and MAYBE halfway through the Thieves guild where I got to the part with the "intimidate-speech loop" which is the only reason why I ended up gaining some serious levels, since I was using the "follower/trainer" trick with my fellow Companions to skyrocket my level. I think what ended up pissing me off to the point I quit (I had not even touched the main questline beyond visiting the Greybeards for the first time), was my rush to install the Dawnguard DLC when it first came out... some son of a bitch vampire caused a riot in Whiterun, killing two of my shop keeps including the Blacksmith, and I didn't have much in the way of a back up save that wouldn't put me back so... yup... shelved...

As of right now, I'm kind of learning my lessons from prior experiences, both in the ways of not burning myself out too quickly and also hitting the Dawnguard questline the moment I got out of the opening Helgen scene so to limit the amount of vampire attacks there are when entering towns. It also helps the game is 20x more stable than any other version before it that doesn't include a beefed up enthusiast-level PC, so I haven't yet run into anything major. But as of right now I'm at 19 hours into the game, most of which was spent on the ever-lengthy (and quite good) Dawnguard DLC. The remaster was made for me, I'm leading myself to believe, since the graphics are awesome, the game is almost entirely new to me, and I haven't played the DLC despite owning it on the 360.

40 on Xbox 360 until it died (RROD). Then another 120 on PS 3 for my Plat. On my PC, I discovered the glory of mods which adds probably another 40 hour. Around 200 altogether, a lot of time but still I enjoyed it as the game is quite immersive if one is willing to take the journey. I wish they dived a bit more into the Snow Elf lore tbh.

Several hundreds - my educated guess is somewhere around 500 hours. I've 100%-ed the game twice trophy-wise, but I'm not sure exactly how many quests I haven't completed, how many caves and dungeons I haven't set a foot in etc. Probably a few, although the last time I completed this game I felt that the world was quite empty at the end.

On 2/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, kevomode said:

Where do you see now many hours you've played?....I just started playing Skyrim for first time a few weeks a go. It's my second RPG ever after Fallout 4. It's amazing!

Just go to the screen where you load your save files. Below the date and time of the timestamp, there'll be a set of numbers like 40.38.35 or something rather. That's 40 hours, 38 minutes and 35 seconds. I don't think there's a way to look at it on the stat screen, but that's a way right there.

A small update, but I'm currently up to 40 hours on PS4. Still haven't touched a single questline yet, but have finished all of the Daedric artifact quests. Coupled with the vastly improved graphics and effects, and limited amount of bugs (save for my frustrations with Serana being completely glitched beyond belief, even though she's by far the best companion), this game has held my attention far more than the versions before it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

My fourth time ( Linuxsteven301 / 302 )  going for plat and 100% between ps3 and ps4 somewhere around 1000-2000 hours and I haven't even touched the mods on ps4 version yet ( i'm thinking anything that will net me the ancient falmer helmet / crown ) 

On a side note i did breakout the ps3 version of Oblivian got to the point of breaking out of jail and setting up my standard woodelf archer ;)  aka the GreyFox. Had I owned a pc/laptop i'd load up Morrowind for fun / thief guild run. 

• Like 1