What's your opinion on share play boosting?

OJ9999vr

14 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I wouldn't get trophies with Share Play. That's just me wanting to have bought the actual games and have physical copies if possible.

I was also against downloading and playing PS+ games but I just feel the need to play them to justify 50€ yearly subscription :D

You have to have the game to get trophies. The person without the game doesn't get them.

I think asking a friend to share play a single trophy and begging people on forums to do lists of trophies for you are two ends of the spectrum, mainly because you can just avoid putting in any effort to get trophies from share play and if thats the way you want to play your games then it's your own fault but I just don't see how a person has any satisfaction from a platinum they achieved through use of Share Play. Like if you genuinely can't do something then maybe try adopt your strategy, and there is no rush in getting a trophy, no penalty, no "if I don't get the trophy I cannot get it again and I'm locked out of the platinum" sort of thing.

In the end we are all different people, and I think if it is a feature then it should be allowed, just like any other type of boosting is allowed, but I think it's more to do with the way the person feels about it in the end. I don't use share play and I do not have any reasoning for it, as I get satisfaction from achieving it myself.

• Like 1

I think it's a valid method, as they did make Shareplay possible and players are entitled to use it... although it definitely eliminates one thing I love about trophies (especially hard ones) - the pride and achievement. There's no pride in knowing that someone unlocked a hard trophy for you, so in most cases I wouldn't use it. I also have no PS4, only PS3, so even if I did want it, I'm a bit stuffed. :lol:

Edited by Midnightwards666

I don't consider it to be legitimate. It may not be against Sony's rules or anything, but I'd feel the same way about account sharers or people who buy trophies on Ebay. You're still letting someone else on your account to do things, and in every other game I've played that's considered unfair and one of the highest offences. So I've carried over that opinion from those games.

I wish it wasn't there, but I've accepted it's going to happen and won't be using it myself.

• Like 2

I couldn't care less. If you're not hacking or using rewritten saves then you're not cheating. I've had friends accidentally unlock trophies for some games when I let them play, such as the one for blowing up 10 cars quickly on GTA IV (or something like that)- does that mean I cheated? It's not something I'd find even remotely worth getting my undies in a bunch over, like someone above said it's not a huge stretch from boosting online because you are getting someone to help you.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

bit of a silly assumption tbh. You're assuming hardcore hunters all have friends, stop assuming shit like that. 

No, you're assuming we all have friends who're better than us at gaming.

Which given that we're hardcore hunters according to you, seems unlikely. Oh I can't do the max on injustice, I sure hope my 21 year old drama student of a friend can do it!
She never plays games, but DaivRules assumes I'm shit and my friend is better, so she'll probably get it for me when she's over. 

Your assumption is fucking bizarre lmao.

I'd understand assuming that some people, may have had game lists added to their list that their friends put on there by accident.

But hard trophies done for them? My irl friends don't even go for trophies, most don't even play games. 

Some hardcore hunters, you maybe?... sure? ALL, all? Seriously? A L L?

Yeah, but wouldn't you say that to cover up your friends getting your trophies for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlphaTrash said:

Not hostile lmao. 

One guy said we should be okay with not getting our own trophies if we boost. 

The other said, we probably don't get all the hard trophies we have. 

Uw0tm8. 

But they're opinions, not facts. OP asked for opinions and we gave them and you start disputing against someones opinion spewing shit. 

Thats what I w0t m8

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

But they're opinions, not facts. OP asked for opinions and we gave them and you start disputing against someones opinion spewing shit. 

Thats what I w0t m8

if trying to debate and or asking someone to explain their opinions makes you uw0tm8, what the fuck are you doing on a forum? lmao. 

• Like 3

I have an opinion that some may view as contradictory, but allow me to explain. 

I think that Shareplay "boosting" sessions really shouldn't be considered boosting. It is having another player do the trophy for you, whereas I view boosting as people working together on separate accounts to reach a certain amount of actions or to complete levels. So I guess in essence, I disagree with shareplay "boosting"

On the other hand, I see one great thing about shareplay that helps people. I don't have a ton of controllers, a second PS4, or local trophy hunters that I know personally. When trophies such as Sportsfriends and the "I'm back and I brought a friend" trophy from Resogun show up which require local play, I feel like I'm backed into a corner. Shareplay allows me to hand over a second controller to that individual to do local coop trophies. This is the only exception to my dislike of shareplay "boosting"

• Like 3