What's your opinion on share play boosting?

OJ9999vr

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

No one was talking about the leaderboard. 

ok? the point still stands tho? ppl taking issue with how other people earn their own trophies because it doesn't meet their "standards"

isn't that was this entire thread is about?

people feeling other people shouldn't earn trophies through SharePlay?

people feeling SharePlay is cheating? (it isn't)

people feeling trophies earned through SharePlay are not legitimate (they are)

23 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

lol @ elitist rhetoric

If there's a trophy in a fighting game for getting 10 wins a row.. And I don't have the skill to do it MYSELF.. so I get a friend who is very good at the game to play for me instead.. I would've gotten the trophy but not because I had the skill to do it

How is that different from boosting the same trophy with another boosting partner? How much skill does it take to arrange someone stand there like a dummy while u wallop them for 10 games straight?

Having someone do the trophy for you STILL MEETS THE TROPHY REQUIREMENT

I've never seen a trophy called "perform x by account holder only"

people need to get a life, mind their own damn business and stop trying to fabricate ways to make themselves feel they're better than others. I can't imagine the ego involved in trying to police the validity of someone else earning a trophy over an officially implemented Sony feature

Easy - the difference is developer intent. Developers are aware that people will use boosting in private matches to get trophies which is why you get trophies with descriptions such as, 'win a game of x and x in a public match' to prevent this. So any game that does allow co-op boosting for trophies is approved by the developer. It's no different than a high level friend coming into a co-op session to help you kill a tough boss. It's made with these scenarios in mind. Shareplay is not. The last thing a developer wants is for the player to not play the game they've made and get someone else to do it because a trophy is too hard...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Easy - the difference is developer intent.

I'm not a developer so I can't speculate what their Intent is other than the trophy description 

what I do know is Sony implemented SharePlay since 2014, and since nothing has changed and they still allow the host to obtain trophies... its clear that they intended it to work as it is

56 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I'm not a developer so I can't speculate what their Intent is other than the trophy description 

what I do know is Sony implemented SharePlay since 2014, and since nothing has changed and they still allow the host to obtain trophies... its clear that they intended it to work as it is

The real question is when people will finally understand that Sony doesn't give  two tits and a gavey about trophies let alone how they were earned.

I view SharePlay as just another way of cheesing trophies which is pretty much what this website is all about (boosting, exploits, guides and roadmaps, instructions on downgrading to earlier game versions, forum posts and links to YouTube videos) - to basically make difficult trophies much, much easier.  

Of all the exploits done by hardcore trophy hunters in the name of tripping hunting, it is pretty harmless.  But maybe it is more rampant than I realize?  I’ve never used SharePlay for any of my trophies (and have never had a desire to) but I did help someone else with it.

But c’mon, you can’t really shake your fist at SharePlay and then think that boosting by trading kills in the middle of a map is more noble.  ?

Maybe SharePlay is one step further down the slippery slope but all under the same general umbrella with what I mentioned earlier.

Me reading this knowing a fair chunk of the people advocating for share play and people playing their account have had multiple people do CoD, BO4,AW,Ghosts and Infinite Warfare done for them by someone else playing on their account and claim they did it themselves ?

Bit more OT but if you need someone to share play a trophy for you because you can’t do it yourself just accept you can’t and move on or at the very least credit said person there’s no point acting like you did it yourself because your skill issues will show when you try to play legit through co op for example and it’s obvious you don’t have the capability.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't encourage that in my pursuit or I won't feel the psychological honor of truly earning that platinum, doesn't matter the outcome, if someone did one trophy for me then that's my value on the game gone forever. For me this falls under the whole stigma of being a 'completionist' which I think is the biggest joke for a trophy hunter which ultimately will get people to then contemplate share playing for that imbalance. 

Ive said this before, you can be a completion gamer & yet I'll never see online driven games on your list or difficult games because you're too scared of corrupting your representation of your account. Its like gamers have no pride in what they do anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I like how on this website, it is seen as elitist to expect the account holder to earn trophies themselves. 

Everything is elitist. The word means nothing anymore.

No, dummy, it's the attitude that's seen as elitist.

It sure doesn't mean to pronounce whoever an actual elite, rather being full of crap. High horse virtue signaling, talking others down and such. 

14 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

No, dummy, it's the attitude that's seen as elitist.

It sure doesn't mean to pronounce whoever an actual elite, rather being full of crap. High horse virtue signaling, talking others down and such. 

You're lacking context here - so I'll forgive you for this stupid response. 

4 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Easy - the difference is developer intent. Developers are aware that people will use boosting in private matches to get trophies which is why you get trophies with descriptions such as, 'win a game of x and x in a public match' to prevent this. So any game that does allow co-op boosting for trophies is approved by the developer. It's no different than a high level friend coming into a co-op session to help you kill a tough boss. It's made with these scenarios in mind. Shareplay is not. The last thing a developer wants is for the player to not play the game they've made and get someone else to do it because a trophy is too hard...

Most developers are primarily interested in two things

- Do you like playing the game we made?

- Does the game make money so we can continue working on this /  the next game

So like, there seems to be 3 different arguments all kicking off at the same time in the same thread.

Is this a new forum record? Shame we can't all fight it out on 8 player Smash Bros contest instead!

Edited by enaysoft

Normally I go with the 'let people play what/how they want' argument with a side order of 'it's a network feature, not some hacker hallway to backdoor your trophies'. Any tool added is going to have it's benefits and detractions, not much can be done other than accept it and move on.

I would be interested to see solid/ballpark numbers on trophy earn rate for people who make heavy use of the shareplay feature. I'd wedger the lions share of users are just playing with friends and that's about it. Surely Sony keeps comparable stats somewhere, public or otherwise.

Edited by Jelly Soup
You forgot to remove the quote line as well, Beyondthegrave07.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Most developers are primarily interested in two things

- Do you like playing the game we made?

- Does the game make money so we can continue working on this /  the next game

Yep, so in answer to question one: if you're passing the game to someone else out of frustration that's not going to make developers very happy.  Developers want you to beat their game, otherwise they second guess themselves and make everything easier. That's why trophies are generally easier now than before - developers want them to be achievable for the average gamer.

21 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Yep, so in answer to question one: if you're passing the game to someone else out of frustration that's not going to make developers very happy.  Developers want you to beat their game, otherwise they second guess themselves and make everything easier. That's why trophies are generally easier now than before - developers want them to be achievable for the average gamer.

Well. Yes, but no. If we're talking about developer intent, you're stretching the argument by including their care level. 20% of the people who bought the game shortcutting the trophy list is still only 20%, nothing to get up in arms about and probably not on their radar. As far as difficulty, we've pontificated about this up and down the forum over the years. But it always comes down to sales. Easier, more casual friendly achievements have a trackable effect on sales. At the end of the day, so long as the game is sold, the developer is happy.

• Like 1

I personally dont understand the mindset. Why bother with trophy hunting if you aren't willing to obtain the skill to complete it yourself? It is almost like wanting the profile while not doing the work.

While I would never do it for someone, or ask someone to do it for me, to each their own. Doesnt affect my list or my achievements in the slightest. 

• Like 3

I know it’s a feature available and thought about using it before but never got around to experimenting with it myself. I see

no harm as long as the two parties mutually agree. Matching up one player who needs help or wants to connect with another player who enjoys helping and sharing their skill or expertise is fine in my view. Never know, new friendships can develop.