What's your opinion on share play boosting?

OJ9999vr

I don't even use this the way it's really intended to be used, lol. I mainly just use it as a way to have a "private" stream with my significant other so we can watch each other game. As far as earning trophies for your friends or vice versa, I'm not sure why that would affect me on a personal level. I suppose if that's how some people want to earn their trophies, there's really nothing that can be done about it. It doesn't change my own accomplishments at the end of the day.

• Like 3

A question to the folks who are strictly against Share Play earning trophies; are you also against people doing trophies for other people without Share Play?

Example: The mentioned trophy by OP: Brutality 101 in Batman Arkham Knight. My brother had trouble stringing the combos together and eventually gave up and asked me to do it for him, which I did. Does that also bother you?

I kinda have a weird stance on it myself, like the concept as a whole is good, but as @kuuhaku said, not everyone has friends or relatives they can ask for help or to play games with it in real life. But I think it's a little far asking some random guy online who isn't a friend in the slightest to do trophies for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlphaTrash said:

One is going out of your way to grind a trophy that may or may not be obtainable through normal means. Player base is dead ect. 

The other is doing fuck all and getting a free trophy. 

Mind explaining how they're almost the same and how one justifies the other? 

There is no such thing as dead online in a game.If it was dead,the company would shut it down.Why spend money for servers with zero activity?.The fact that it's less active doesn't make it dead. So you are not going out of your way to grind a trophy,you are taking a shortcut.Also the fact that you are commanding your character while he shoots idle players or moving your character just to not get kicked for being idle while others do the job (plunder wins in Uncharted) makes no difference than letting someone else take over.In both ways you didn't deserve the trophy you earned and in both ways you did nothing.I've never use share play.But the majority of my competitive online trophies are from boosting.The funny thing in this,is Sony's hypocrisy.Sony is supposed to be against boosting trophies but share play it's fine by their book

10 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

A question to the folks who are strictly against Share Play earning trophies; are you also against people doing trophies for other people without Share Play?

Example: The mentioned trophy by OP: Brutality 101 in Batman Arkham Knight. My brother had trouble stringing the combos together and eventually gave up and asked me to do it for him, which I did. Does that also bother you?

I kinda have a weird stance on it myself, like the concept as a whole is good, but as @kuuhaku said, not everyone has friends or relatives they can ask for help or to play games with it in real life. But I think it's a little far asking some random guy online who isn't a friend in the slightest to do trophies for you.

Didn't say it did bother me, i was just asking for opinions on if you think it would be fair against others. In this case practice makes perfect, but then again not everyone got the time. So how would people feel getting pushed on them this extra work?

But of course peoples are different, i just thought it would be interesting to hear different opinions in this community

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The funny thing in this,is Sony's hypocrisy.Sony is supposed to be against boosting trophies but share play it's fine by their book

Where on earth has Sony ever said or put in print that it is against boosting trophies??? That sounds like someone interpreting things in their own way contrary to all other evidence.

On topic: My point that wasn't spelled out for those who need things explained explicitly, was that no one can know with 100% certainty if someone else obtained their trophies on their own, with help, with boosting, and now on PS4, with share play. Player B has been getting trophies for Player A since accounts started, either physically or by logging into their accounts. Share Play is another method of something that is and already has been happening that people chose to be ignorant to, but now act like it's some new thing. A whole new thing those people choose to be offended by.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

There is no such thing as dead online in a game.If it was dead,the company would shut it down.Why spend money for servers with zero activity?.The fact that it's less active doesn't make it dead. So you are not going out of your way to grind a trophy,you are taking a shortcut.

There's such a thing as online being dead to the point where it's practically impossible to earn the trophies. Sure, there might be one or two players milling around from time to time, but some trophies may require eight people to join a single session for it to start up. Good luck finding anyone on Tomb Raider PS3 multiplayer, for example.

Edited by MythRaider1994

Personally I wouldn't use it as it would take away any sense of accomplishment... but I can understand getting a friend to help on something that you were absolutely stuck on.. at the other extreme though was the guy who kept posting on this site a Shareplay session for the entire trophy set for DriveClub!

Either way I see this as very different from boosting where MP has a low population or the co-op/MP trophy is arbitrary/buggy. This is an issue even for recent games, eg finish top 3 in 8 player race in DriveClub Bikes.. not hard in itself but in the dozens of times I attempted this there were never enough competitors to earn the trophy or people quit near the end of the race. All the MP population is on the cars variant and after spending many fruitless nights attempting it seemed like joining a session was the only way. Another example is Far Cry 4 "Changing Lanes" that requires a very specific setup that would be unlikely to normally occur playing standard co-op and even then it is buggy.

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

There is no such thing as dead online in a game.If it was dead,the company would shut it down.Why spend money for servers with zero activity?.The fact that it's less active doesn't make it dead. So you are not going out of your way to grind a trophy,you are taking a shortcut.Also the fact that you are commanding your character while he shoots idle players or moving your character just to not get kicked for being idle while others do the job (plunder wins in Uncharted) makes no difference than letting someone else take over.In both ways you didn't deserve the trophy you earned and in both ways you did nothing.I've never use share play.But the majority of my competitive online trophies are from boosting.The funny thing in this,is Sony's hypocrisy.Sony is supposed to be against boosting trophies but share play it's fine by their book

Of course there are dead servers- for one thing, not all companies maintain their own servers- some are peer hosted or go through PSN (And even more so on XBL). There are companies that are no longer in business with online servers because the companies themselves do not host them. Go into a game from 2007 and see how long you can wait without seeing anyone, or a game with unpopular MP like Duke Nukem. Throw in a 8-9 year old sports game and listen to crickets -Xbox has a bunch of old sports titles still online, EA and 2K games- companies notorious for shutting down servers. Whey is NBA 2K8 still online and 2K14 isn't? I guarantee more people played 2K14- but 2K had control of those servers, unlike 2K8. Even if 3 people played, would that justify keeping the server up if they had control over that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MythRaider1994 said:

There's such a thing as online being dead to the point where it's practically impossible to earn the trophies. Sure, there might be one or two players milling around from time to time, but some trophies may require eight people to join a single session for it to start up. Good luck finding anyone on Tomb Raider PS3 multiplayer, for example.

That's part of the waiting process.You don't want to spend hour(s) in lobbies,so you are boosting.Thus the shortcut.You really think they'd keep the servers up for 2 people? For example,since you mentioned 8 people, Arkham Origins is over.Red Dead Redemption is up

4 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Of course there are dead servers- for one thing, not all companies maintain their own servers- some are peer hosted or go through PSN (And even more so on XBL). There are companies that are no longer in business with online servers because the companies themselves do not host them. Go into a game from 2007 and see how long you can wait without seeing anyone, or a game with unpopular MP like Duke Nukem. Throw in a 8-9 year old sports game and listen to crickets -Xbox has a bunch of old sports titles still online, EA and 2K games- companies notorious for shutting down servers. Whey is NBA 2K8 still online and 2K14 isn't? I guarantee more people played 2K14- but 2K had control of those servers, unlike 2K8. Even if 3 people played, would that justify keeping the server up if they had control over that?

I don't want to drag this any further.You are giving an example.2k8.Seriously, who would play 2k8 in 2017 when that game ''updates'' every year?Same for every sport game.If you've waited 5,6,7...,10 years to play a game with online trophies then you can't throw me the dead online excuse

16 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

That's part of the waiting process.You don't want to spend hour(s) in lobbies,so you are boosting.Thus the shortcut.You really think they'd keep the servers up for 2 people? For example,since you mentioned 8 people, Arkham Origins is over.Red Dead Redemption is up

I don't want to drag this any further.You are giving an example.2k8.Seriously, who would play 2k8 in 2017 when that game ''updates'' every year?Same for every sport game.If you've waited 5,6,7...,10 years to play a game with online trophies then you can't throw me the dead online excuse

Last I checked Arkham Origins can still be played online. Quantum Theory is the perfect example of a dead game, even when it launched no one played it online, you have to boost it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Arkham Origins is still up.

I mentioned 2K8 because it is still up. You insist a company would shut down servers because nobody plays it. My point was that companies do not have the power to shut down servers for some of their games, because they do not have control over those servers.

Since you mentioned Batman- The Ubisoft games that "shut down" in Sept are still functional, because (for the most part) Ubisoft does not host their own games, and therefore can not shut them down.

I wonder how long you would have to wait for 8 random people to show up for a legit game of Quantum Theory? How long must I for 6 people to play a game of Legendary? No trophies, and servers are still up...safe to say it's DEAD.

• Like 1

I saw a guy on "fiverr", that promised to get you any trophy you want via shareplay for 10$ each...

*cries in "Has WatchDogs1 for PS3, which is unboostable, and hates PvP..."* (In MMOs I'm only playing support/heal. I don't want to actually harm anyone. Not even in a game... It's just me, being unable to hate anyone. xD)

But if you want me to be serious, well, I don't care how people get their trophies and I don't see why anyone else should care about. So, uhhh, when people would even pay someone to get a trophy for them, fine. That is non of my bussiness. :) I mean, we are boosting multiplayer trophies too. Some of us even bought some microtransactions. In the classic definition, both of them is cheating too. Really, think about it, microtransactions are paid shortcuts... Paid cheats.

But, I'm currently doing GTA5-Online Heists trophies, and I need to say... You actually NEED to do it with a premade group. It doesn't matter if they have experience or not... Hell, we don't even use mics or anything. We just pick our people from a pool of "I want to get these trophies"-people, from PSNP. It is WAAAAAY better than playing with actual randoms. I wasted on the day before yesterday 9 hours for something that could be done in 1 hour, because I was playing with randoms and, most of them are trolls, kids or handicapped. I  can't even imagine how someone can eg fail at stealing a standard police car... I mean, seriously, have they never played GTA before or what? I bet they fail on purpose... At the end of the day, when people from the group were online, we just picked some people together and, oh wonder, we did the heist first try. Nobody died. Nobody fucked up. And the pilots were even able to fly. Magic... :D 

38 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The "waiting process" could take thousands of hours potentially, depending on the game. At which point, any reasonable, non-crazy person would boost. When people say dead, they don't necessarily mean it in a literal sense - there may still be a few people playing, but not enough to earn the trophies. As for keeping the severs up... well, you might be surprised. Enchanted Arms, which I personally played on the 360, came out in 2006. I'm pretty certain the servers are still up, and there really can't be more than a handful of people playing at this point.

It's no different from having a friend over and having him help with a hard part in a game. Well, actually it's much better than that because you don't have to invite them to your house. :D

This has happened ever since the first singleplayer game was invented. I have no problem with people unlocking trophies that way.

56 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Last I checked Arkham Origins can still be played online. Quantum Theory is the perfect example of a dead game, even when it launched no one played it online, you have to boost it

51 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Arkham Origins is still up.

I mentioned 2K8 because it is still up. You insist a company would shut down servers because nobody plays it. My point was that companies do not have the power to shut down servers for some of their games, because they do not have control over those servers.

Since you mentioned Batman- The Ubisoft games that "shut down" in Sept are still functional, because (for the most part) Ubisoft does not host their own games, and therefore can not shut them down.

I wonder how long you would have to wait for 8 random people to show up for a legit game of Quantum Theory? How long must I for 6 people to play a game of Legendary? No trophies, and servers are still up...safe to say it's DEAD.

30 minutes ago, MythRaider1994 said:

The "waiting process" could take thousands of hours potentially, depending on the game. At which point, any reasonable, non-crazy person would boost. When people say dead, they don't necessarily mean it in a literal sense - there may still be a few people playing, but not enough to earn the trophies. As for keeping the severs up... well, you might be surprised. Enchanted Arms, which I personally played on the 360, came out in 2006. I'm pretty certain the servers are still up, and there really can't be more than a handful of people playing at this point.

Ok,i give up.Boosting online trophies is legit.Share play is evil.Send the ''share players'' to Guantanamo

• Like 1