Switch It Up! (event for Nintendo Switch gamers)

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

My opinion on NBA Playgrounds is that I don't like watching other people play sports, I don't like playing sports games and NBA Playgrounds has nothing to change that opinion.

Never mind having so many racing games. Get Fast RMX, it's the closest thing you'll come to getting an F-Zero game on a recent console until the F-Zero games launch for the Switch's Virtual Console.

Really, Mario Kart and Fast RMX are completely different games, having one does not give you a pass on the other. Those are also the only two racing games on the Switch for now, if we don't count the Neo Geo game Over Top.

Personally, I want to add Snake Pass but only if they do a sale (it was 20% off on pre-orders on PS4 and it's now 40% off on PS4; I want it on Switch but I don't want to pay more than I should).

I'm still on the last mission of Human Resource Machine, by the way. It's hard for me right now to use my Switch for anything other than Mario Kart.

Thanks, ok you twisted my arm ?, will get Fast RMX as well.

I picked up Snake Pass on PS4, it's very different and a little frustrating to get use to it. I must admit I got annoyed with it and left it but will go back at some stage 

6 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks, ok you twisted my arm 1f61c.png, will get Fast RMX as well.

I picked up Snake Pass on PS4, it's very different and a little frustrating to get use to it. I must admit I got annoyed with it and left it but will go back at some stage 

I really like platformers and this one is doing something different so I'm guessing I will probably like it. I'm not too bothered with games that require a bit of frustration to get through.

Let us know when you've played a bit of Fast RMX, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy still wants to do a multiplayer session! (THough he still has to join in any Mario Kart session so I doubt he'll have time for us soon xD)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 4:47 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Let us know when you've played a bit of Fast RMX, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy still wants to do a multiplayer session! (THough he still has to join in any Mario Kart session so I doubt he'll have time for us soon xD)

On holiday now my boy. I got until I think July 18 off. Outside of the odd playgroup sesh with the baby, Imma be trying to stay home as much as possible, so hit me up yo.

Okey dokey dude. New for the list, because fuck it, I love lists and no one else could show up for the next ten years and I still would, is

I caved and got Zelda the other day. RRP of 89.95. Cheapest you'll find is 79. No one is selling preowned copies yet, not any chains anyway. I got it for 32.50, and $20 of that was paid with survey points as well. So I spent 12.50 to get a game that goes for 90 bucks. Good shit.

Also grabbed Mighty Gunvolt Blast. Which is fucking dope so far. Only 9 levels, and I already did the first three, but there's two different dudes you can play as so I'm looking at it more as 18 levels and then challenge mode and shit. It's fantastic, what is there. It's like everything Mighty No. 9 should have been. In fact, I'm gonna forget that game exists at all and pretend this is the real version.

• Like 1

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy on a different topic, since you're the only one here next to me actually posting updates and having finished four games already...

Since we're discussing games in the general Switch thread as well, I was thinking about shaking things up a bit for this thread. My new idea would be that with four games, you've "completed" your mission for the event and further updates are not needed. People who have completed 4 games or more get a :platinum: in the OP, and working down from there people who have completed 3 games get :gold: and so on.

This way, us big Switch players don't have to keep updating everything here as well as in the other thread, and we can push the others a little bit in playing some more, or at least saying some more on how they're doing.

On a different note, I hope Shakedown Hawaii gets a decent price and is released before I go on my summer holiday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy on a different topic, since you're the only one here next to me actually posting updates and having finished four games already...

Since we're discussing games in the general Switch thread as well, I was thinking about shaking things up a bit for this thread. My new idea would be that with four games, you've "completed" your mission for the event and further updates are not needed. People who have completed 4 games or more get a :platinum: in the OP, and working down from there people who have completed 3 games get :gold: and so on.

This way, us big Switch players don't have to keep updating everything here as well as in the other thread, and we can push the others a little bit in playing some more, or at least saying some more on how they're doing.

On a different note, I hope Shakedown Hawaii gets a decent price and is released before I go on my summer holiday.

You do you, fam. All that matters is that I am the king, so hail to the king, baby.

I hope it just comes out soon. 25 or under it's a day one. Any higher and I'm using survey points and or waiting for a sale. Speaking of which, I wonder when the first big Switch digital sale is gonna hit. Problem is, if it does happen, I've got pretty well all the games I want outside of a couple big ones, and I guess a few Neo Geos that I don't need anyway. If Lego City and Cars 3 went on sale for a reasonable price I'd jump in. Lego City is going for way too much considering it's origins, and now that it's multiplat I can always just snag a cheap copy elsewhere too, none of that Nintendo exclusivity to hold it back anymore. Cars 3 looks like a decent little romp and I'd be down to pay 20 odd for it, but I'll be fucked if I'm paying 80 bucks for a fucking Pixar game. 

12 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You do you, fam. All that matters is that I am the king, so hail to the king, baby.

I hope it just comes out soon. 25 or under it's a day one. Any higher and I'm using survey points and or waiting for a sale. Speaking of which, I wonder when the first big Switch digital sale is gonna hit. Problem is, if it does happen, I've got pretty well all the games I want outside of a couple big ones, and I guess a few Neo Geos that I don't need anyway. If Lego City and Cars 3 went on sale for a reasonable price I'd jump in. Lego City is going for way too much considering it's origins, and now that it's multiplat I can always just snag a cheap copy elsewhere too, none of that Nintendo exclusivity to hold it back anymore. Cars 3 looks like a decent little romp and I'd be down to pay 20 odd for it, but I'll be fucked if I'm paying 80 bucks for a fucking Pixar game. 

For €15 or less I'll probably get it right away. Anything higher than €20 and I don't feel like buying it until there's a sale.

With sales, I'm waiting with buying Little Inferno, Snake Pass and Bomberman until there's a good sale. I don't think Little Inferno and Bomberman are worth their base price and I see the sales from Snake Pass on PS4; I want to get it on the Switch but I don't feel like paying more than I should so if they're going to make it a PS+ game on PS4 before they're doing a sale on the Switch then that's their loss.

I also hope we get good sale prices with our mynintendo coins, those platinum coins don't last that long.

This sounds like a great idea. 

I don't post regularly in this thread mainly because I am really only playing PS at the moment, and don't reallly have any valid opinions on Switch games. I do enjoy reading the thread regularly though so keep your game experiences coming. I think it's great your buying Multiplatform games for the Switch. I will only get them on PS as if I am going to put time in would like the trophies. Still plenty of Nintendo exclusive stuff to choose from right. I'm particularly looking forward to trying some of the Mario Rabids upcoming game. 

I am off for the next three weeks so will definitely be trying to get in some Zelda / Mario Kart 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

For €15 or less I'll probably get it right away. Anything higher than €20 and I don't feel like buying it until there's a sale.

With sales, I'm waiting with buying Little Inferno, Snake Pass and Bomberman until there's a good sale. I don't think Little Inferno and Bomberman are worth their base price and I see the sales from Snake Pass on PS4; I want to get it on the Switch but I don't feel like paying more than I should so if they're going to make it a PS+ game on PS4 before they're doing a sale on the Switch then that's their loss.

I also hope we get good sale prices with our mynintendo coins, those platinum coins don't last that long.

Oh shit, right. MyNintendo is a thing. *checks status*

19427796_778812522277096_725341929_n.png 

How many you got? I'm hoping there will be some good shit with them gold coins for the Switch. I got I think 3 or 4, or at least 3, full games when MyNintendo launched, and I think a couple more here and there for 3DS. I got soooo many things from the old Club Nintendo though, a backpack, a couple of really high quality Mario hats, some shoelaces, some notepads, a few folders which I use for my course's stuff, and a bunch more other stuff I'm forgetting, in addition to a stack of digital games and the first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8. In fact, Club Nintendo is how I stumbled into NES Remix. 

Anyway, I really wish they'd let us access the eShop via PC already. Among many more legitimate reasons, you also get the 30 points for signing in, and I ain't gonna charge my 3DS up for that but I'd click once for it.

59 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Oh shit, right. MyNintendo is a thing. *checks status*

19427796_778812522277096_725341929_n.png 

How many you got? I'm hoping there will be some good shit with them gold coins for the Switch. I got I think 3 or 4, or at least 3, full games when MyNintendo launched, and I think a couple more here and there for 3DS. I got soooo many things from the old Club Nintendo though, a backpack, a couple of really high quality Mario hats, some shoelaces, some notepads, a few folders which I use for my course's stuff, and a bunch more other stuff I'm forgetting, in addition to a stack of digital games and the first DLC pack for Mario Kart 8. In fact, Club Nintendo is how I stumbled into NES Remix. 

Anyway, I really wish they'd let us access the eShop via PC already. Among many more legitimate reasons, you also get the 30 points for signing in, and I ain't gonna charge my 3DS up for that but I'd click once for it.

I started anew with the Switch so I'm around 600-700 platinum and around 120-150 gold I think, would have to check. 

54 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Drat. Still haven't reached the required post count to enter this event. I'll come back when I am at 100 posts.

You wanna join, join - I'm not stopping you on account of 13 posts.

@MosesRockefeller will see this one coming, but...

WT6Hk.gif

Edited by BillyHorrible

Cool. Thanks :) In that case I will join.

Games I've Played and Completed

Zelda: Breath of the Wild 

I have completed the main story, found all photograph/memory locations and found all shrines. I had planned to obtain all Korok seeds and upgrade all my armour but I will do that once the DLC is out.

Games I am Currently Playing

Disgaea 5 

This is the main game I am playing at the moment. It is my first Disgaea game so I am not sure what to expect. Still very early in the game (on chapter 2 at the moment) but I have completed most of the DLC missions. Just have one more left. I am really enjoying the combat mechanics to the game and the good sense of humour in the game. It never takes itself seriously and it has a good cast of characters. Definitely recommended but only if you enjoy JRPG's.

Arms

Bought this last week and I am not really enjoying it. Maybe because I am too distracted with Disgaea and the PS4 to devote some proper time into it. To be fair, I haven't even unlocked ranked mode yet so I can't give a proper verdict of the game until I completely play it.

Games I Have Not Finished But Intend To Return

Fast RMX - I have almost finished the main campaign and unlocked all cars. Couldn't connect online to play against other players so I lost interest.

Ultimate Street Fight II: The Final Challengers -  Finished arcade mode with most of the characters apart from Dhalsim, Sagat, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken and Akuma. Played a lot of the ranked matches. Blanka was my main and, at one point, I was ranked 65th in the EU with him. Not anymore....smh :(

Just Dance 2017 - Stop making that face!!! A man needs exercise and some rhythm to impress the ladies on the dancefloor. FYI they are still not impressed.

Binding of Isaac - Man I suck at this game. I still haven't been able to clear all six levels without dying. One day I will. One day....

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - I've spent most of my time in online battle mode but I do fully intend to complete all races and get all the trophies.

Edited by Miles_Warren
Forgot to add Mario Kart
  • Like 2

@Miles_Warren Welcome! I'll add you to the OP when I do an update again.

Unfortunately Zelda can't count since you played through it before joining the event. Seeing how many other games you have already though, I'm guessing it won't really be a problem.

We're trying to plan some Mario Kart multiplayer sessions, feel free to join in the other event.

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy would love to play Fast RMX with you, adn I could join as well if I have the time.

Edited by BillyHorrible
silly grammar error

27 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Super-Fly Spider-Guy would love to play Fast RMX with you, adn I could join as well if I have the time.

Fuck yeah I would dude, hit me up. Shoot us your friend code if you want, saves me digging up mine.

Also, boys and girls. I bought a Pokken Tournament remote for Wii U today because impulse buys and EB's website said the nearest once was like 300km away and I saw it in store and thought fuck it.

Anyway, it works on the Switch, it shows up as a normal pro controller. It works fine running around the menus and everything of the OS as you'd expect. 

Here's the games I've tested it with and the results I got.

Mario Kart 8. Works perfect.

Mr. Shifty. Works perfect.

Kamiko. Works perfect.

Shovel Knight. Works perfect.

Blaster Master: Zero.  Works perfect.

Puyo Puyo Tetris. Works perfect.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst. Works perfect.

Over Top. Works perfect.

King of Fighters '98. Works perfect.

Rudymical. Works perfect.

Metal Slug 3. Works perfect.

Graceful Explosion Machine. Needs joysticks, can't use.

NBA Playgrounds. Needs joysticks, can't use. 

Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Needs joysticks, can't use.

World of Goo. Needs pointers or touch screen, can't use.

Fast RMX. Needs joysticks, can't use. 

Outside of Zelda and World of Goo, the other games that don't work due to the absent joysticks would work fine if they allowed you to switch control from joystick to dpad.

Anyway. The remote was 28, but that was the Pikachu one, there's a blank one for 23 but they had none. Maybe that was the one that was 300km away, who knows. Anyway, it's a lot cheaper than the 100 RRP of the proper pro controller, and obviously the lack of joysticks will be an issue, but for stuff like Mario Kart and Tetris, my two most played MP games, it's a perfectly fine, and perfectly affordable solution. So for those who want a cheap(er) remote and have games that can work without joysticks, or for those who just want a proper dpad for platformers and the sort, I cannot recommend this enough. And apparently it goes for like 15 bucks at GameStop so if you're in the US, it's pretty cheap too, EB and GS must be clearing them... since the cheapest Pikachu one on eBay is 60 bucks. I might sell mine when Nyko's core controller comes out and buy it with the money from this.

Clocked Gunvolt by the way. Played through most of it with the Pokken controller, never going back to the joy cons for side scrollers (unless, obviously, I'm out), the dpad and big buttons just feel fantastic for this sort of game.

Anyway, I've still got Gunvolt's campaign to go through, but it's just a character swap and the same levels as far as I know. Fan-fucking-tastic game, it's everything Mighty No 9 should have been and more. I've recently been playing through the Legacy Collection on Xbox and to be honest, Gunvolt almost feels more Megaman than Megaman. The customization levels are fantastic too. Just everything about the game is beautiful and I love the bloody shit out of it. 

...but if / when you unlock the damage reduction power up, don't do it if you want any semblance of difficulty in regards to enemies. You can turn it up to .25% of standard damage taken, you'll beat most bosses losing like a third of your health at most with little to no effort. Platforming is still difficult, but don't do the damage reduction shit unless you're having a tough time, because the whole game is just a cakewalk with it on.

Overall it took me about two and a half hours to clock the thing if memory serves, and as I said, there's the Gunvolt campaign too, so double it for a good five hours of shit, but then there's also a hard mode you unlock after beating the main game so there's another five at least so you've got a good ten hours just beating the two modes on both difficulties before going back and replaying for fun. Which you will be doing, because it's a fucking blast of a game. It rocks, man. (geddit hur hur hur)

*also, retraction from some time earlier when I said there's 9 levels. There's more. I'm not sure how many, at least 12. It just shows you the first 9 from the start, the rest appear as you unlock them.

OP is updated. Added scoring, and made a list of people with at least 4 games finished, like the event asks for.

@angelgrievous @cjshaitan @fisty123 @MosesRockefeller @SnowxSakura @Zanreo @DuckSwimmer @ShonenCat @SolidJD

Made any progress yet on your Switch console? :)

Seems like some people might be either forgetting this event exists or forgetting their new console exists...

• Like 1

For me, I've been really busy lately - bachelor presentation and graduating, looking for a job, looking for a new apartment and moving -  while I've been playing Switch it's mostly been puyotetris. (I should get back to Zelda but I need to be in the right mood for that) But when I've moved into my new apartment I'll get some proper gaming time again!

OP is updated. Added scoring, and made a list of people with at least 4 games finished, like the event asks for.

I've wanted to do this for a while... 

Dark Witch Music Episode: Rudymical

2017052720545500-_B9_E561_D7_E8479_E89_A No traditional game over screen, instead here is insane mode being unlocked after beating all songs on normal difficulty with C ranking or better.

Fast RMX

2017052023531000-993_B0_B446253_E7_FDAACNo traditional game over screen, here's the menu saying I've 100%'d the Championship mode. I'm about 60% through Hero mode as well, this is an old screenshot. 

Kamiko

2017052023565000-_E604_EEE6656_E7_AD4882 

King of Fighters '98

2017052023481300-_B8_FB582_EF7_E9442433_ No game over screen, here's the credits rolling, as far as I know, the only way to see them is to finish arcade mode.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

2017052023552400-16851_BE00_BC6068871_FE Old screenshot showing all levels beaten on 150cc difficulty, I have since got all 3 gold stars on each GP

Metal Slug 3

2017052023472800-291_F8_A44_D0318835_B09Don't judge the high amount of continues used, there's a valid reason behind them 

Mighty Gunvolt Burst

2017062413382000-1_CA528593_A9112595542_ No game over screen, but you can see the medal saying "clear" that says I've beaten the game with Beck

Mr. Shifty

2017052023573600-060013937_BC484_C195_B5 No game over screen either, but this is the last level, and it has my time pasted on it, meaning I've done it

NBA Playgrounds

2017052023535100-1_FCF0_A7_AF7_CCCB88_BA No game over screen, but when you beat all the tournaments you unlock 2 bonus levels, this is one of them

Over Top

2017052023580400-7_F79_FC1_E43700413_FEC 

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

2017052023493100-_BD0_E7_D5235_BE8956_C7 

World of Goo

2017060523261800-_C4_E9854_DE59_E1_AAD6_ No game over screen, but this is right before the end and it's funny

Also playing but not clocked yet:

Blaster Master Zero

Graceful Explosion Machine

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I should get bonus points for the amount of time I've put into multiplayer on the Tetris demo. More time spent on that than the majority of the other games on here.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@angelgrievous @cjshaitan @fisty123 @MosesRockefeller @SnowxSakura @Zanreo @DuckSwimmer @ShonenCat @SolidJD

Seems like some people might be either forgetting this event exists or forgetting their new console exists...

Yeah, I know I'm guilty of picking away at my switch games really slowly.  I'm in that Summer backlog thing and I'm really trying to push through it.  I have so many games that I haven't even played and I keep buying stuff on sale.  But I did finish MK8D.  Just the 50cc stuff and I'm about half way through the 100cc stuff.  I feel like I'm close to the end of Blaster Master, I've completed a couple of tourneys in the golf game but there are a couple more but I feel like I've finished it to know what the game is all about so I would consider it finished.  I've put BOTW on hold until the first DLC pack drops so I'll be at that again soon.  

So, MK8D is done,  Golf game is done.

Also, what's up with the MK8D multiplayer sessions.  Haven't seen anything in awhile.

Also, I've got your other event for the retro games.

Also, I might be moving to a new country so I've been going over some logistical things recently.  

2 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Yeah, I know I'm guilty of picking away at my switch games really slowly.  I'm in that Summer backlog thing and I'm really trying to push through it.  I have so many games that I haven't even played and I keep buying stuff on sale.  But I did finish MK8D.  Just the 50cc stuff and I'm about half way through the 100cc stuff.  I feel like I'm close to the end of Blaster Master, I've completed a couple of tourneys in the golf game but there are a couple more but I feel like I've finished it to know what the game is all about so I would consider it finished.  I've put BOTW on hold until the first DLC pack drops so I'll be at that again soon.  

So, MK8D is done,  Golf game is done.

Also, what's up with the MK8D multiplayer sessions.  Haven't seen anything in awhile.

Also, I've got your other event for the retro games.

Also, I might be moving to a new country so I've been going over some logistical things recently.  

Good luck with the move. And hey, I proposed two multiplayer times for last weekend, I can't help it if people don't respond!

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Forgot about the thread to be fair. 

Been absolutely smashing ARMS. That game is great and having so much fun with it. 

Completed Breath of the Wild now as well :)

On 2017-5-16 at 11:26 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Games not out yet (but could be out soon) that are high on my wish list:

Yooka-Laylee

Shakedown Hawaii

Redout (depending on price; Fast RMX was much better than I expected)

Runner3

Games already out that I'm seriously considering buying:

Over Top

Games already out that I would like to see on a sale before I buy them:

Human Resource Machine

Little Inferno

Snake Pass (simply because PSN had a 20% pre-order discount; I want the game on Switch but I do not want to pay more than I could)

Mr. Shifty

Wonder Boy

Yeah, I wasn't kidding. Afterwards, PS4 had a 40% discount and I mailed the devs to ask if a Switch sale was planned in the near future, saying I'd prefer to get it on Switch but I have a PS4 as well and don't want to pay more than I have to.

Never got an answer but guess what... Snake Pass is on a 40% sale on the Switch now! Bought it right away when I got home. Will try it out for a little bit and keep the rest for the summer days when I want to game and be outside at the same time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, I wasn't kidding. Afterwards, PS4 had a 40% discount and I mailed the devs to ask if a Switch sale was planned in the near future, saying I'd prefer to get it on Switch but I have a PS4 as well and don't want to pay more than I have to.

Never got an answer but guess what... Snake Pass is on a 40% sale on the Switch now! Bought it right away when I got home. Will try it out for a little bit and keep the rest for the summer days when I want to game and be outside at the same time.

let me know what you think about snake pass.  I might bite.

40 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

okay, well, maybe you could shed some light onto how it plays.

Snake Pass is cool!

Just did the first two levels. The atmosphere is very enjoyable, very laid back - it's slow, but it's not meant to be played super quick (oh, the irony of saying this the day the time trials are added). The levels are also packed with stuff, not as empty as a Banjo-Kazooie, so you have to travel less to see it all.

The controls are going to be love-it-or-hate-it, simple as that. I admire the techniques but I can imagine that others will get frustrated.

I had to stop myself from playing more because I want to play it later. Glad it's on a sale, I don't think I'll regret the €12 spent.

• Like 2