Esquoret

The Few and the Proud - Tips?

15 posts in this topic

So I'm attempting a playthrough without purchasing a Squad Upgrade for "The Few and the Proud" trophy...

I discovered that it's not only the number of squad members that's limited, but a lot of the weapon/armour upgrades are also prohibited due to them needing Squad Upgrade as a prerequisite.

Does anyone have any tips on how to best approach this?

(P.S. I just saw on YouTube a guy running the same trophy, but had high level weaponry for all his dudes... So now I'm a little confused.)

4 hours ago, Esquoret said:

So I'm attempting a playthrough without purchasing a Squad Upgrade for "The Few and the Proud" trophy...

I discovered that it's not only the number of squad members that's limited, but a lot of the weapon/armour upgrades are also prohibited due to them needing Squad Upgrade as a prerequisite.

Does anyone have any tips on how to best approach this?

(P.S. I just saw on YouTube a guy running the same trophy, but had high level weaponry for all his dudes... So now I'm a little confused.)

The weapon upgrades are fine for The Few and the Proud. You just can't buy the two squad size upgrades from the GTS. Who needs Tygan? Is the trophy which cannot use weapon upgrades on the final mission.

Thanks for the reply. I realised I was mistaken. There's actually a "[SQUAD UPGRADE]" tag beside most of the weapons and armour when looking at the menus in Engineering. I thought that meant that you need to purchase Squad Upgrade before being able to use these equipment. But in fact, I think the tag is just there to distinguish them from consumables.

Not sure if its legit or not..

Ive read that if you demo your gwt it removes squad upgrade size and kicks you to default. Unsure how reliable this is ( once i clear my july 1st trophy ima load previous save and see if it works)

Just saying this as a potental option to make game a little easyer 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
Spelling error

On 4/29/2017 at 7:44 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Not sure if its legit or not..

Ive read that if you demo your gwt it removes squad upgrade size and kicks you to default. Unsure how reliable this is ( once i clear my july 1st trophy ima load previous save and see if it works)

Just saying this as a potental option to make game a little easyer 

That is legit. I bought a squad upgrade when I realised I built the facilty on the wrong space. When I demolished it to make room for something else, my squad size went back to the default 4.

3 hours ago, XypherVG said:

That is legit. I bought a squad upgrade when I realised I built the facilty on the wrong space. When I demolished it to make room for something else, my squad size went back to the default 4.

Awsome. So you can basicly 6man it to end of game. Then suit up 4 psi ops + commander shepard. And get the few n proud

Im taking a break from xcom atm xD alilen dlc wrecked my save even thou i didnt get option to enable encounters out. ( only gave option on rookie)

But also atemping to bust out kill alien on 1st encounter ( working on top upgraded gear + flame rounds/grenades.  I hear flame dmg tics for more on alien lords an w there bs move spamming shouldn't be hard.

Almost got lucky w a over watch spam encounter knocking out most hp. But then he had like +100 dodge as even point blanks were <50 and missing.  Bad save and he got away with 6hp.

Couldnt recreate kept going into a burning r.v blind spot oh well xD

Can anyone confirm that demolishing the GTS late in the game allows you to earn the trophy? I just finished my Exquisite Timing run, still need to do Legendary and Commander/Ironman, and I really don't want to do a third additional playthrough on Commander just for this if I can avoid it.

Guess I will probably be able to just try it after completing my Legendary run by loading before the last mission, dropping the difficulty, and demolishing the GTS. But then I'll still have to go through the last mission potentially for nothing. Honestly, even another full playthrough wouldn't bother me if the load times weren't so long. :P

Edited by RNumbers

I think im in half game, but still its hard for me. any tips how i should build my men/women? I always take hunter, sniper, demolish women, hacker and robot. But its hard...

In enemy Unknown i was going with 2 snipers, and killed everyone! Here not so much...

On 30.12.2017 at 11:59 AM, A_KlR_A said:

I think im in half game, but still its hard for me. any tips how i should build my men/women? I always take hunter, sniper, demolish women, hacker and robot. But its hard...

In enemy Unknown i was going with 2 snipers, and killed everyone! Here not so much...

From what I remember the best for killing enemies in XCom2 is hunter with laser aim upgrade for shotgun (the shorter distance the higher critical chance, so at point-blank range you have 100% critical chance also use +1 critical damage upgrade and another 20% crt chance) and very important is bigger clip for even more gun and spray (maybe extra shot turn).  Almost always my first colonel was hunter, maybe once it was sniper and i think it was 4 man run, because my hunter was injured very often >_<. Demolisher is good to remove cover from enemy troops, damage more than one enemy, support to of course aid you in battlefield and deal with mechs. Sniper to eliminate near death and high importance targets, but hunters are the one to clear battlefield in close combat and survive/tank when you have immunity after death for 1 attack.

Good luck and pray for patience with loading times :D. Happy New Year

49 minutes ago, Mizdig_ said:

From what I remember the best for killing enemies in XCom2 is hunter with laser aim upgrade for shotgun (the shorter distance the higher critical chance, so at point-blank range you have 100% critical chance also use +1 critical damage upgrade and another 20% crt chance) and very important is bigger clip for even more gun and spray (maybe extra shot turn).  Almost always my first colonel was hunter, maybe once it was sniper and i think it was 4 man run, because my hunter was injured very often >_<. Demolisher is good to remove cover from enemy troops, damage more than one enemy, support to of course aid you in battlefield and deal with mechs. Sniper to eliminate near death and high importance targets, but hunters are the one to clear battlefield in close combat and survive/tank when you have immunity after death for 1 attack.

Good luck and pray for patience with loading times :D. Happy New Year

Thank you. I always take for mission 2 hunters, but never used shotgun. gonna change that :) I also use sniper, hes good, not that good like in enemy Unknown, but still.

On 1.01.2018 at 11:09 AM, A_KlR_A said:

Thank you. I always take for mission 2 hunters, but never used shotgun. gonna change that :) I also use sniper, hes good, not that good like in enemy Unknown, but still.

You've got to try it, when you have colonel perk for a hunter you can kill Avatar in one round just by himself (double shot one) with around 18-19 damage per 1 hit. Some said sniper is usless compared to first game, it is not true. Saved my ass many time (if not carried some of the maps), but increased hit chance, free reload and bigger clip upgrades are good to help. For sniper ammo tracer is good at the start of the game, than it can be replaced with crit or penetration ammo. But of course all depends on preferences. 

Been a few months since i played.

Got the few an proud last night befor going to work.

Demolishing your gorral / adv warfair center. Before embarking on final mission does infact net ya the trophy.

As i 6 manned it half way thru the game lol. Some of them encounters were bs

( 65+ kills on some o them )

On 2/4/2018 at 0:38 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Been a few months since i played.

Got the few an proud last night befor going to work.

Demolishing your gorral / adv warfair center. Before embarking on final mission does infact net ya the trophy.

As i 6 manned it half way thru the game lol. Some of them encounters were bs

( 65+ kills on some o them )

Good news.

I feel like even the "who need Tygan anyway" trophy can be easily done as well through using all fully trained psi operatives. 

Just leaves the challenge of Legendary and beating the game before July

Not sure were on steam, but theres a very nice spread sheat for what to build/when and how many engineers/ scientist's to have for the july 1st trophy i followed it to a T ( minus a few set backs pre- wotc so no " breakthroughs" to expedite research" 

Won with 1 week on the clock.

Highly recommend doing it w.o wotc enabled. As the chosen add to much unnecessary time to your clock.

Frankly just the ailen rullers for gear. Just be careful. Even if you don't trigger the mission to spawn lords.  They will just appear 4-5 months after the warrning about them.

Can state one more time:
got the few an proud last night by demolishing GTS before network tower. Did it with my exquisite timing trophy.

Good luck 0/