All Talked Out

Hogie838

This trophy ruined the whole experience for me. Okay, I don't expect trophies to be easy - especially on route to platinum, but to have these utterly frustrating trophies is absolutely ridiculous. I'm so fed up with waiting around in every section of this game. It takes WAY too long for the hints to trigger. There should have been a way to automatically trigger the hint, that I could have dealt with. I seem to have spent more time sitting here twiddling my thumbs than actually playing and it's made me hate what is actually a great game. What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

One of the most tedious trophies that I've ever work on and still I couldn't get it because my game decide that I'm not worth hearing two of those retarded hints. Then again what's the point having them, who they are for, when the game isn't even that hard? Like you would have to be literally brain dead to get stuck on any of those puzzles long enough to hear most of them, did they really thought the game was this hard or that just people are so stupid?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Well I'm going to test the old theory that as soon as I post online it happens in real life 5 minutes later. 

Spoilers below. 

I'm at the end of the game after seeing the master of the valley.  Trico is sitting waiting for me to go over.  The hint before this is "it seemed the light of the mirror suppressed the great darkness somewhat".  The next hint is supposed to be about stopping the blades from spinning.  

By meditating I've caused the darkness hint to pop up at least 20x.  It comes up within 5 seconds of meditating every single time.  I think my game is glitched and cannot move on to the next hint. 

I've restarted the check point and closed the game many times. 

Edited by big_bob002

6 minutes ago, big_bob002 said:

Well I'm going to test the old theory that as soon as I post online it happens in real life 5 minutes later. 

Spoilers below. 

I'm at the end of the game after seeing the master of the valley.  Trico is sitting waiting for me to go over.  The hint before this is "it seemed the light of the mirror suppressed the great darkness somewhat".  The next hint is supposed to be about stopping the blades from spinning.  

By meditating I've caused the darkness hint to pop up at least 20x.  It comes up within 5 seconds of meditating every single time.  I think my game is glitched and cannot move on to the next hint. 

I've restarts the check point and close the game many times. 

Keep running around jumping up as up as if you don't know how to continue and the hint will come then I'd say. Them hints ruined the whole game for me. WORST TROPHY EVER!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hogie838 said:

Keep running around jumping up as up as if you don't know how to continue and the hint will come then I'd say. Them hints ruined the whole game for me. WORST TROPHY EVER!

That's a good idea.  I'll try that. 

In the Powerpyx video they go all the way to the top.  That's not working out too well for me though.  I'll try your method. 

Because this trophy is such a pain I've been backing up saves to usb.  I've had to use the backup save at least 30x.

Anyways I reverted back to the save under the master of the valley.  This time no matter what I did he would not give the darkness hint but I got the stop the blades hint when I went up there. 

This time every time I meditated he was guaranteed to say "I know now... This is the master of the valley". 

I spent 45 min on the 1st attempt and this was about 20 min. 

Edited by big_bob002

Sorry my tip didn't work. The only other method I found to work was to meditate. As soon as you sit down he gives the previous hint and you just need to wait for the next one. You need a lot of patience though because sometimes it took nearly 30 minutes for the next one. It's total bu!!$hit!

Maybe because you were using back up saves you accidentally missed one without realising. The spears isn't that hard, you don't need to take them out asap just make sure they're out before you move to a new area. Some can be hard to spot so you need to check every part of Trico including underneath. I played it 4 times and couldn't get the catch him in the act trophy so I gave up. The trophies ruined a brilliant game!!

Catch him in the act he's done on both playthroughs on the steps of where you are after the 1st time he flies.  It's a tower with a barrel up top. 

See 64:20 in this video. 

Edit: Got the hint trophy.  Right after the mini arena where Trico has to activate the cog wheel almost like a cat using a scratch post. Right before the catapult where he launches you up.  The hint about the cog wheel was the problem. 

Edited by big_bob002
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Trying to get this trophy now. Just finished my third playthrough and I'm almost 100% sure I heard them all this time round using the PowerPyx guide, but nothing popped. 

Might just forget about this one for now and try to get the others and just hope it pops in time. Too bad there's no in game list of these hints to at least give us an idea where in the game it would be :( 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hatchet_Girl1990 said:

Trying to get this trophy now. Just finished my third playthrough and I'm almost 100% sure I heard them all this time round using the PowerPyx guide, but nothing popped. 

Might just forget about this one for now and try to get the others and just hope it pops in time. Too bad there's no in game list of these hints to at least give us an idea where in the game it would be :( 

PowerPyx guide is the best there is. He lists everything you need. All collectibles and hints. Remember in some areas there are 3 or 4 hints you need before you can move on. You should have got it no problem following that guide though, especially if this is your third playthrough!

I probably missed one. Some of the hints do sound similar, especially in the starting area

Edit: First playthrough i didn't even look at trophies. Second playthrough I tried to get this one and others.

Edited by Hatchet_Girl1990
  • Like 1

I really like the game but this is by far the worst trophy the devs could have choosen for a game like this. I also used power pyx videoguide in my second playtrough but sometimes the game just won't say these precious lines and although the guide was great some of his recorded hints (I think 5 or 6 of them) won't get spoken that easily if you do it like powerpyx did. One of the YT comments mentioned it, so I took extra care for them. Nevertheless I missed a few but wrote the ones down and luckily it was just one missing and that was from the starting area, I guess I got the other ones in my first blind run.

In the room with a long chain hanging from he ceiling (which you have to hang a pot on) there are two very similar clues you have to make sure you get both:

"I searched careful convinced that there was something nearby."
"I searched carefully, hoping to find a way into another room."

• 1 month later...

I agree, this trophy is atrociously unnecessary and I fathom why they thought it’d be a good idea. Some hints I had no problem getting to pop but then I’d die and when I tried getting them again they wouldn’t activate, this was especially prevalent with hint #87. Right after getting that hint in my first playthrough I had to use Trico’s tail to drop down below and retrieve the barrel. I died attempting to do so and when I tried getting the hint again, it wouldn’t pop. On my second playthrough, I had to get that barrel again for the “Beast Friends Forever” trophy and you guessed it, I died. Same story. I just finished my second playthrough and am going to go for the last hint I’m missing, #87, during my speedrun. If I don’t get it this time I’m going to be fuming.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m just starting this game, not doing hints during my first play through for obvious reasons but I was wondering if say I miss some in my second play through when I’m going for the hints, do they carry over into the next play through so I’d only need to hear those I’ve missed and not hear them all again?

32 minutes ago, Eqill5 said:

I’m just starting this game, not doing hints during my first play through for obvious reasons but I was wondering if say I miss some in my second play through when I’m going for the hints, do they carry over into the next play through so I’d only need to hear those I’ve missed and not hear them all again?

Yes, they carry over into the next playthrough. I hope you'll get all trophies without any problems, because I went 2 times for "All talked out" trophy and didn't get it. I'm planning to come back to TLG in indefinite time.

• Like 1

So far so good! Started my second play through tonight, up to hint 43 and all have popped up either almost immediately or after about a minutes wait. The only one that didn’t was #35 when you’re facing the door. Waited about 5 mins, restarted check point (which starts you right in front of the door anyway) and it popped up after not even half a minute.

Some advice for #42 & #43, as I’ve read they can be troublesome, in the room with the smoke and the three Trico holes. A tip here is to not touch the pot at all until after the hints have come up. Let Trico poke his head through the first hole and reach for the pot and 41 and 42 will come one after another, then head out and on to his back for 43, worked first try.

• 1 month later...

I wish I’d done more research on this game before starting. I just started and I’ve already spent well over an hour in the first cave area of the game trying to trigger hints, and figure out a way to organize myself and keep track of the ones I have.

I can tell already that this trophy is going to be bloody awful to unlock. Whyyy!

• 4 weeks later...