Platinum Trophies that made you hate the game

Paleblood

First things first, I don't mean bad games in general. I talk about games you actually kinda liked, but the platinum requirements (and your OCD of course) made you hate it.

So don't just submit No mans Sky for example, because the game disappointed you. Like say, for every Watch Dogs 2 which has a really fun trophy list, there is a Watch Dogs 1, with a really shitty one.

And please don't just post the game's name - share your story.

The one and only rule I'd like to implement is:
You don't judge and hate on other Members for their pick.

We all have different likings towards games and thats fine. I'm sure you will survive if someone talks shit about your special-snowflake game.

That said I will start off with an example of mine:

Heavy Rain

I bought this game when it first came out in 2010 at full price. Played it - loved it.

For years to come I hailed it as the great 'experience' journalists and marketing departments want you to believe it is.

Some time passed and I started to go for platinum trophies in late 2013. And I thought to myself ''Hey, let's get that Heavy Rain plat - such an amazing experience.''

What followed was pure horror for me.

Having just played it one time, I didn't catch a lot of errors. I was however fairly young (17) at that time and thus not as experienced.

My savegame was, for whatever reason, gone. So I started a new game without a guide just to get into the game once more.

I've encountered ridiculous plot holes, REALLY dull gameplay (and I effin love Telltale Games...), uninteresting music and just an overall feel of bore and sluggishness.

The premise was still nice and all, but the fucking twist makes no god damn sense when..

Spoiler

...you can hear Shelby's inner thoughts at any time and he says to himself: ''I WONDER WHO THE KILLER IS? HAS GORDY REALLY KILLED THOSE CHILDREN?'' Like god damnit, you can't be fucking serious David Cage.

Also it never gets any kind of explaination as why Ethan always wakes up in the midde of the street with an Origami in his hands in the first third of the game. That was just in the game to confuse the player, and add a sense of artificial mystery. Which ultimately falls flat of any conclusion. If you think otherwise, go try and replay the game. There is nothing.

And no, it's not because he is 'stressed' or whatever kind of shit I heard people say to protect this garbage piece of plot.

And the only reason I encountered all of this was because I had to go through the game like a bazillion times to get all those stupid endings.

I also made some really bad mistakes. I didn't realize that I had to do all the playthroughs on a single save file, I always started a new game. So by the time I was 'done', I still had the progress of a single playthrough. And yes, I know that is technically my fault. It just didn't help me like the game any more :lol:.

As if that wasn't enough, I encountered countless bugs. For example the infamous 'The Bear' trophy, I had to do it like a dozen times. Nailed it every time - the trophy just never popped.

I could go on and on... but it became way loner than I expected it to be.

Your stories obviously doesn't have to be that long lol.

So let me know your story.

It should be a no-brainer but you should have at least tried to get the plat. It's recommendet you own it, so you can embrace the maximum hate ^^.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 4

Ugh there are quite a few. For starters, Payday 1 and 2
Games are all fun and cute and overall a very positive coop experience, however by the time I was finished with all other trophies in the first game I was barely halfway through the billion dollar trophy. So you know, farming the first few objectives in first world bank over and over for a few dozen hours. 

Payday 2 was overall fun too, but there are a bunch of trophies that require a lot of luck to get, especially the "they see me baggin" trophy. We did it before they made it easier, such a chore. spending 15-20 minutes cooking up those meth bags only to find out you didn't load in to the proper garage escape mission thing and having to reload. I think it took a good week for all of us to get our trophy. Not fun times

Dead Space 2 was a pain too, getting through hardcore difficulty created a lot of rage. It made me memorize the game to the point it actually hurt. Never touching it again.

And although this one is an easy one, Asura's Wrath. How many playthroughs did you need to do for that platinum? Like, 5 or 6? And considering the whole game is one huge QTE that you can't really skip through, well... The first time around the game was a blast, really good story, but after that not so much. 

Edited by kibbypls

TALES OF XILLIA 2

WHERE DO I BEGIN? You would only get 2 trophies during the story, the rest was a pure grindfest. Then, among grindfests we have several sorts: bearable ones, intense but fun ones, easy but boring ones......the grinding here consisted of doing THE SAME MOVE FIVE HUNDRED TIMES. Each character has a unique move that triggers in combat, under unique circumstances each. THERE ARE NINE CHARACTERS. Some of them implied countering an enemy's attack, which makes the player rely on enemy AI, which I won't even describe because you can imagine.

Then we have THE DEBT OF DOOM which is an abnormal sum of money that we have to pay to an organization in the game for the dumbest reason in gaming history. And then there's the icing on the cake, the CHALLENGES, which start off telling you to do 10-hit combos and ends up telling you the CASUAL 9 power combo involving 3 character changes and a dual mystic arte at the end without breaking combo and with the enemy surviving the barrage of hits or dying to the mystic arte. Y'know, the usual in every fight! 

The game is cool, the story and characters are nice and the combat is fun but the platinum trophy and pretty much the whole trophy set made it HELL. Those who know me have seen me rant over this a few times now xD 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Omar said:

TALES OF XILLIA 2

WHERE DO I BEGIN? You would only get 2 trophies during the story, the rest was a pure grindfest. Then, among grindfests we have several sorts: bearable ones, intense but fun ones, easy but boring ones......the grinding here consisted of doing THE SAME MOVE FIVE HUNDRED TIMES. Each character has a unique move that triggers in combat, under unique circumstances each. THERE ARE NINE CHARACTERS. Some of them implied countering an enemy's attack, which makes the player rely on enemy AI, which I won't even describe because you can imagine.

Then we have THE DEBT OF DOOM which is an abnormal sum of money that we have to pay to an organization in the game for the dumbest reason in gaming history. And then there's the icing on the cake, the CHALLENGES, which start off telling you to do 10-hit combos and ends up telling you the CASUAL 9 power combo involving 3 character changes and a dual mystic arte at the end without breaking combo and with the enemy surviving the barrage of hits or dying to the mystic arte. Y'know, the usual in every fight! 

The game is cool, the story and characters are nice and the combat is fun but the platinum trophy and pretty much the whole trophy set made it HELL. Those who know me have seen me rant over this a few times now xD 

Aw man, I completely feel you on xillia 2. However, there are ways to get those 500 abilities done automatically for most characters, where you either afk or mash x while looking away. Sadly most xillia 2 guides don't go into much detail on those so you just have to grind away :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, kibbypls said:

Aw man, I completely feel you on xillia 2. However, there are ways to get those 500 abilities done automatically for most characters, where you either afk or mash x while looking away. Sadly most xillia 2 guides don't go into much detail on those so you just have to grind away :rolleyes:

I know some can be staged, but parrying enemy attacks, last-minute dodges, the enlongating staff, and some others you have to sit through, even if you don't have to pay lots of attention. Everything about that list screams evil xD

Definately Medal of Honor.

So many reasons. I was so hyped when this come out on the back of battlefield bad company 2. But it just felt like a shitty cod/bf hybrid that just didn't work.

The single player lacked any charectar substance, was too short, too easy, annoying unskippable cutscenes/action points and of course the atv's :facepalm:

The multiplayer was frustrating due to the small maps, lack of maps, shortage of class customisation, game modes, levelling up and the bastard of a trophy that is Fire controller. 

I gave up on obtaining the plat 6 years ago because of that damn trophy but, my trophy backlog instincts persuaded me to give it another shot. 

I got it... more than 6 years later! Boosting the trophy is tough almost to the point that it's the plat denier of the title. 

The only 2 redeeming things this game has/had was tier 1 mode and the fact it comes with frontline. 

The game that instantly pops into my head is Lords of the Fallen

I really enjoy Dark Souls-esque games, and since this was a PS+ game from like September or something, I thought "why not?" First playthrough was really enjoyable, I liked all the bosses and the story was decent. I already had the intention of getting the platinum for the game, so I was anticipating the three playthroughs in order to get it. And y'know three playthroughs really drained the fun out of it, but nope I had to do FOUR playthroughs because of stupid class selection that made me be a class within a class that was required for a trophy and it didn't unlock. At about halfway of my third playthrough I was completely over it, and I was just speedrunning through. The different classes really didn't make enough of a difference for every playthrough to give you a different experience. I did get the platinum in the end, but it is a game that I definitely will not revisit anytime soon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Omar said:

TALES OF XILLIA 2

Welcome to Tales games (at least from my experience). I actually didn't think the grind for Xillia 2 was as bad or long as Xillia 1, but that might just be because I actually had enough experience to understand the systems at play.

To answer the thread, my last plat was Alone With You and it was a bit of a nightmare. While the gameplay itself is very different, the overall structure of the game is similar to Danganronpa, with adventurey segments broken up by visual novel-style dialog scenes. There are a total of four 'romanceable' characters (who aren't really romanceable but the game describes as such so whatever), and each of them has their own ending which is required for the plat, plus one secret ending making a total of five complete playthroughs. And each of these five playthroughs is 

literally

identical.

The only exception is the last 5 minutes or so of the secret ending. "But @Xylobe," I hear you ask, "how do the characters have their own endings if they're all the same?" To tell the truth I have no idea; my best guess is Benjamin Rivers got high and forgot how to make games. Everything in each character's playthrough is the same, right down to the dialogue-- all that changes is who delivers said dialog in about four different scenes total. Let me repeat-- even the dialog is the same. You see different characters talking in those four relatively short scenes, but all of them say the exact same things. And to get each character's "ending" you have to favor them what little you can throughout the whole playthrough, so you can't just save at the end of the game and reload to knock them all out like you can in something like Bloodborne. You have to play through the exact same story five different times for the plat and by the end of it I just wanted to collapse on Ben Rivers' front porch and cry myself to death. 0/10 would not recommend.

I know I will my answer will be controversial to say the least but here we go anyway. Far Cry Primal hands down. I loved far cry 3 and bloom dragon, even far cry 4 was a solid title (which I platinumed twice). Then friends and reviews alike were all stating that far cry primal was a fresh and interesting take on revamping the series. Like a breath of fresh air. 

To me the game reeked like a porta potty from Woodstock right after the full concert ended. Just a giant pile of mammoth dung. Nothing was challenging, the AI seemed worse than the previous games and the strong focus on melee combat just killed the entire experience. After awhile I just started grabbing baby mammoths just to destroy everything asap and get the game over with.

Maybe if the story hadn't been so stale it would have been a more enjoyable experience. The only character that even took my interest slightly was the shaman. The animals were fun but OP, I started unsummoning the animals just to make the game slightly more challenging. When I break it all down this game to me just was not fun. Every time I went to play it after the 1st it felt like it was forced, like a dread. Hell even writing this is slightly depressing.

Never again will I touch a cave man game. (Although chances aren't exactly very high for another to come along) Now back to my current game/chore Ducati 90th anniversary. I need to play a good game soon. I'm thinking heavy rain PS4 ? I personally love that game.

Edited by serialkilla1987

Assassin's Creed series for the most part. But I'll focus on the worst one that I actually have the plat in so far. And here we go!

Now, AC2 was great. Nothing bad to say about it. But then they added MP with AC: Brotherhood. Not only that, but I came to the party late and it was dead. Anyone else boost that game? Between the insanely long grind to level 50, and trying to get everyone to understand exactly how AEotM works, that was bad enough. Those servers though! How hard was it to get a full group of 6 to connect to the same session?? I don't even want to touch it on PS4 now even though the MP is gone. And to think at one point I felt it was the highlight of the series. I haven't platted any others except Liberation (that "MP" for the Vita version was even worse than Brotherhood in some ways) but I already feel like I'm going to dread AC3 with the 100% progress tracker trophy...

• Like 2

Shadows of the Damned

Game is fun for one playthrough, but 3? And just because difficulty trophies doesn't stack?

Fucking hell, can't believe I played through all of that.

And not even counting having to do that crystal glitch for hours since you need to play perfectly in order to buy everything on the shop

• Like 1

No Man's Sky

This plat came to mind the moment I saw this thread title. It was ridiculous trying to find the last species on each of the ten planets. I had given up on so many others after three-to-four hour treks with no discovery in sight.

Diablo 3

I had to give this one up the moment I saw just how long it was going to take me to get 5mill gold. Four or five playthroughs had only earned me 2mill. Nah, CBA. Brilliant game though.

But out of the two, NMS is really the only one I have. Whenever I start to get too annoyed getting a plat I give up. Just look at my Wipeout HD and Final Fantasy 13 plats. They both took me five years.

Edited by GarryKE
  • Like 1

I don't have the plat yet, but I'm trying to prepare for Final Fantasy 13. I heard the grind is real, i.e. getting the traps and the money to upgrade all the weapons for one trophy, Treasure Hunter.

Dungeon Travelers 2: Defeat 20, 000 enemies...why?

Tales of Xillia 2: Started the game before I looked at the trophies. Scared to earn even 1 trophy because that means I'll be dedicated to complete and land thousands of moves per character.

LEGO The Hobbit: Enjoyed playing Lord of the Rings and thought I would enjoy this, too. Boy was I wrong!

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

I wouldn't go as far as to say it made me hate the entire game... but, it definitely soured things trying to go for platinum in some games that I have already done, and have yet to platinum...

Overlord: Fellowship of Evil - Actually forget what I said at the start, looking at my list. This, and only this platinum actually did make me hate this game. It's broken fundamentally [every like 5s, the game stutters. This happens the entire time you play, it's not the only problem either] But, even still... I love Overlord, and I'm a fan of games similar to this. And got it for like... $3... So it was alright at first, I can stomach some technical problems and mediocrity... but the end grind, and the terribad online that is required for trophies just really made me hate the entire game. Pretty sure I even went back and rated the game lower than I originally did after all the b/s.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 3:25 AM, Omar said:

...the grinding here consisted of doing THE SAME MOVE FIVE HUNDRED TIMES. Each character has a unique move that triggers in combat, under unique circumstances each. THERE ARE NINE CHARACTERS. Some of them implied countering an enemy's attack, which makes the player rely on enemy AI, which I won't even describe because you can imagine.! 

Thats sounds like hate fuel to me :lol:

I can't let Heavy Rain go either, I always rant about it if I'm given the chance lol

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:13 AM, Xylobe said:

And each of these five playthroughs is 

literally

identical.

Thats a no-go for me. I can't stand such repetition *sigh*

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:08 AM, Crazy said:

The game that instantly pops into my head is Lords of the Fallen

I really enjoy Dark Souls-esque games

Aww, oh god. Totally forgot about that one.

Bought it at full price when it came out and kinda liked it the first time around. But I just stopped after finding out you had to three playthroughs. I defenitely feel you on this one.

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 5:16 AM, Styx2319 said:

Assassin's Creed series for the most part. But I'll focus on the worst one that I actually have the plat in so far. And here we go!

Now, AC2 was great. Nothing bad to say about it. But then they added MP with AC: Brotherhood.

Man, I'm so glad I played everything up to Black Flag on PC, so I don't have those other games on my profile.

Even though I liked the MP, it was just always too long to pull of.

I thought Unity will be nice since it has no real MP... but then again... it was AC: Unity.

And don't start me on the Co-op stuff....

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 4:51 AM, serialkilla1987 said:

I need to play a good game soon. I'm thinking heavy rain PS4 ? I personally love that game.

Haha, I'm glad it isn't hell for you.

Here's hoping you have a good time with it :lol:

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 5:24 AM, KingGuy420 said:

None.

The only games I plat are games that I'm enjoying and want reasons to put more time into them. The minute I'm not enjoying the game anymore is the minute I'm finished with the game.

I would just love to have your mindset sometimes :/

If it's too extreme I will stop but I really think there is some level of OCD involved in some of us ^^

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 9:01 AM, Edunstar84 said:

I don't have the plat yet, but I'm trying to prepare for Final Fantasy 13. I heard the grind is real, i.e. getting the traps and the money to upgrade all the weapons for one trophy, Treasure Hunter.

The. Grind. Is. Real.

It took me severall years to pull it off. And a lot of help from a friend of mine.

On ‎11‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Kaleniya said:

Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment

That implement and mind numbing affection grind was worse than anything i'v experienced before for trophies. (Xillia 2 included)

What did you have to do? I just know the Anime, never touched the games so far.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

L. A. Noire:

I first watched my sister play it a few times and she recommended I played it as it looked like a good game and plus I like that timeline. So instead of thinking smart and not trying the game on a 'dummy' account to see if I liked it, I just went on it on my official user. Don't get me wrong the graphics are stunning and it was fun for a couple of hours but oh boy,  after 5 hours of gameplay and doing the exact same thing over and over (which I know what did I expect from a detective/cop game) but I expected it to vamp things up a bit not just going from a crime scene trying to get evidence then going to the next crime scene and doing the exact same, before chasing or killing the bad guy. Even though graphically the game is spot, during the interview parts were absolute horrible as you have to detect lying, truth or doubtful and only one is correct which you need to be spot on, if not you won't get the 5* rating hense not the trophy for 5* every investigation. The facial expression the characters made for either doubtful and lying were exactly the same expression so you literally A) Guess or B ) Grab a guide so I had to go with B because it was a 50/50 chance of getting the answer right.

Each crime scene was a borefest and would take such a long time the collect all the he evidence as you're character is slow all and clunky to control. After 10 hours of doing the exact same I really didn't want tho play it anymore because I was bored out of my mind!

That wasn't all though because now comes the collectibles and yes I'm looking at you 'auto fanatic' and 'Hollywood land' with auto fanatic you had to enter every single car type in the game BUT 80% of the cars looked exactly the same apart from a very minor change in detail which again such a borefest jumping into a car and hoping that I haven't entered that make before and collecting all gold reels, this game really didn't encourage exploration what so ever as every gold reel were located in such a place you'd never had gone to that location 'main mission or side mission wise' which probably was done purposefully as they were probably hoping you'd buy the official guide to the game but once again the Internet came in handy.

Even though I know this thread if just for the PLAT and not a 100% I'd like to add that the 5 DLC'S in the game was identical to the the main game itself, no changes so an angry 10 hours on top of that time... Don't get me started with the 'bulletproof windshield' trophy! What were they thinking!

In all honesty if this got a PS4 release or a sequel I will stay way a head of this as this to me anyway was such a depressing and borefest game, which is a shame because Rockstar usually produces really good games.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Joker said:

The premise was still nice and all, but the fucking twist makes no god damn sense 

Also it never gets any kind of explaination as why Ethan always wakes up in the midde of the street with an Origami in his hands in the first third of the game. That was just in the game to confuse the player, and add a sense of artificial mystery. Which ultimately falls flat of any conclusion. If you think otherwise, go try and replay the game. There is nothing.

And no, it's not because he is 'stressed' or whatever kind of shit I heard people say to protect this garbage piece of plot.

That's because Cage couldn't make up his damn mind. These scenes, visions and all, initially had a purpose - Ethan was supposed to have a psychic link to the Origami Killer, and the plot had supernatural elements in it. And then, somewhere near the middle/end of development cycle, Cage went "Nope, let's can the supernatural stuff!" and did just that, not bothering to edit the already finished early parts of the game. Now that's quite an epic fail. 

As for the game... I'm tempted to say Star Ocean 4, because its grind had nearly driven me insane, but I kinda brought it upon myself, and this choice is somewhat obvious, so... Rayman Legends. It's a great game, that could've been even better than Origins was... if not for the Awesomness grind (and the Dark Rayman stages, which were pretty annoying). It didn't take me long to beat it, so during the five months I played this game, I mainly was trapped in the eternal cycle of "boot up Legends - beat the challenges - look at the Awesomness rating go up a tiiiiiny bit - sigh and wonder about the uselessness of my pitiful existence - go play something else". When that last trophy and the plat popped out, I returned to the XMB and deleted it off my hard drive as fast as I could. Can't erase the memories, though.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Joker said:

What did you have to do? I just know the Anime, never touched the games so far.

Using 800 sword skills, 300 back crits, defeat 200 lvl 110 enemies, 1000 burst attacks... only to name a few. most have these have ridiculous requirements and you have to do 100 of those implements. Affection grinding is sitting on your bed with one of the girls, holding hands and nodding yes or no to the same gibberish again and again.

Edited by Kaleniya

I have a few to list so here we are:

Minecraft - Easy Platinum but a lot of the trophies are really tedious and time consuming if you're doing them alone (and they just keep adding more... -.-)

Guitar Hero Live - Hated the game anyway but having to strum for 13 hours straight to get "Strumillionaire" and the platinum is not fun whatsoever..

LittleBigPlanet Karting - I personally found the trophies pretty boring and very broken.. Ended up having to play 330+ levels for the "Adventure Continues" trophy

Kingdom Hearts 2 - I love this game but Mushroom 13 is making the platinum very, very offputting

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - So much grinding...

Max Payne 3

I loved the game since my first playtrough but platinum trophy made me hate this game. You don't know what you have to do to get the platinum in it?

Well, Easy playtrough to mop up collectibles and chapter related trophies (they are much easier to do on easy), Hard, Old school and hardcore playtroughs (trophies don't stack and you unlock new difficulty by beating previous one), also you need to complete New York Minute mode which is basically Time attack. You have one minute at the start of every chapter and you gain seconds by killing enemies. You need to complete the entire chapter to unlock next chapter in that mode. If you think that is enough, no! There is always New York Minute Hardocore! It demands from you to beat the entire story in one go with time limit! You die, quit the game or run  out of time and you start at chapter 1 again. You can only pause the game and consoles like to freeze while playing this mode. I spent there over 100 hours to get this trophy mainly because my PS3 froze almost 10 times at chapters 9 and further (13 overall). On top of that, you have a lot of grinding to get a max lvl in multiplayer and a few online luck based trophies which made my cry. Fuck this game.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PS3)

I'm a huge COD fan and I'm going for all possible cod's platinumed (I need to complete Classic, Bo3 on ps4 and IW) so I knew that BO3 on PS3 is a piece of shit but I didn't knew what big it was. You are required to play over 100 hours to complete all challenges - here's the list:

You need to get 100 kills with each SW which is:

• Scythe
  • Tempest
  • Gravity Spikes
  • Ripper
  • Annihilator
  • War Machine
  • Sparrow
  • H.I.V.E.
  • Purifier

Also, you need to get 20 Double Kill Medals with SW and 20 Triple Kill Medals with SW. - SW Is a specialist weapon.

• Kill 50 enemies while Wall Running.
  • Kill 50 enemies while in air (boost jump or jumping off high places)
  • Kill 50 enemies while Sliding. 
  • Kill 50 enemies while jumping across the cover or wall etc.
  • Kill 50 enemies when they are Wall Running.
  • Kill 50 enemies when they are in air (boost jump)
  • Kill 10 enemies while beeing in water.
  • Use boost jump to get out of water and kill an enemie in 2 seconds or less.
  • Kill an enemy while sliding after boost jump.
  • Kill 10 enemies with their own weapons.
  • Kill enemy after Wall Running on 2 parallel walls.
  • Kill 20 enemies while using gun with optic and 3 attachments.
  • Finish 100 games while beeing first on leaderboard.
  • Finish 100 games while beeing in top 3 players leaderboard.
  • Gather 1.5 million points. You get points for killing, assists etc.
  • Kill 50 attackers in Objective game modes. (Dominaton or Capture the Flag)
  • Kill 50 defenders in Objective game modes.
  • Destroy 50 bombs or take over 50 flags in game modes.
  • Kill 50 enemies when they carry a flag or satelite. (Capture the Flag or Uplink)
  • Defuse 50 bombs.
  • Get 25 Killcams by the end of game.
  • Win a game while having most kills and least deaths.
  • Get 5 Ninja Defuses - Cluth medals. - WORST CHALLENGE, WILL REQUIRE LUCK OR BOOST.
  • Protect 25 teammates when they carry flag or satelite.
  • 10000 kills.
  • 1000 headshots.
  • 1000 kills with assault rifle.
  • 1000 kills with SMG.
  • 1000 kills with LMG.
  • 1000 kills with shotgun.
  • 1000 kills with sniper rifle.
  • 1000 kills with pistols.
  • 500 melee kils.
  • 1000 kills with scorestreaks.
  • 10000 scorestreak assists.
  • Call in 300 scorestreaks.

As you can see, that's a lot do do. And my 94 hours of playing this game was just focused on those challenges. I didn't played any game just for fun - you can check on YT how bad this game plays on PS3 so you will see what I mean. It was a terrible experience and on top of that, I had to make a boosting session for game that only 100 ppl got a platinum trophy so you see that there is not a lot of people playing this game. I was boosting with 3 people, each from different country by using Skype. I will never forget this.

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 1

So the games that came to my mind and I actually got the platinum trophy is only One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. Because the last 2 trophies I needed to do were completing 5 different levels with 10 and 20 different characters.

For those games that i still didn't obtained the platinum trophies are Beyond: Two Souls (what's missing is 1 ending and I don't know which one), LittleBigPlanet Karting (I have to complete 100 community levels, but it bugged me and I alresady did 100 levels in one go and still nothing) and Digimon All-Star Rumble (the only one I'm still going for it because it's Digimon. I need to get 200 digi-cards. A few I can buy, some I need to get them in story mode of the digimon, the thing is the digi-cards are in RANDOM chests, which means it can be in this particularly chest or just money.)

I want to say Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug but since the save exploit can be done in less than a minute and the game itself is short, it wasn't too terrible. Although I nearly raged at a couple of the trophies because of the randomness of the enemies. Galaga is considered to be the most difficult and worst of the four Arcade Game Series, so I'll see what that game has in store for me.

Speaking of randomness:

Sound Shapes - those motherfucking Death Mode levels. Here we have a game that came out five years ago that would of been a fantastic platformer with an art for creativity and making music in cool ways. Campaign was great, Beat School was fun to mess around with and even more fun if you have family and friends with you. Death Mode? Bullshit.

Give me a harder Campaign, more enemies, don't fucking give me random notes that force me to take over 100 attempts to finish a level. Galaxanoids was particularly horrible because I would always, nine times out of ten, get a note on the opposite side. Perfect run? Doesn't matter, you're fucked because the game decided "Hey, you know what, we're going to have the Las Vegas odds determine whether or not you will pass this level". One level in particular has a 62 second time limit, it's big, and there are four moving hazards that more often than not screwed me over. Just like Galaxanoids, I got stuck, because once more, notes had to be on the opposite side.

I was thinking okay, first four or five levels on Death Mode? Nothing bad. First album was the only decent one with Death Mode. Once I hit Event Horizon # 1 shit went downhill from there. Two guys with lasers and everything outside of the two streams was death. Tried for 40 minutes - 60 minutes one night, gave up, picked it up again the next night, beat it within 5 - 10 minutes. What the fuck is up with that? Oh yeah, it's random.

I had no shame in autopopping the trophies on the Playstation 3 and Vita, because after the shit I had to go through, I pretty much deserved it.

====

I could of put LA Noire in because of the awful Film Reel and Car Fanatic trophies, but they weren't enough to make me hate the game. Most of the titles I've finished I've enjoyed to some degree, some overwhelming with excitement and others with very minimal satisfaction. I haven't truly played any game on a Playstation console yet that I hated from start to finish. Closest contender is Orc Slayer, due to the poor AI and just outright painful repetitiveness. However since that game takes less than three hours to beat with all trophies earned, and I played it with the patches, it wasn't as horrible as it could of been.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2