Platinum Trophies that made you hate the game

Paleblood

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

None.

I'm kinda like this. I pretty much hate and get bored with EVERY game I play, but after I'm done the rage vanquishes. Right now i'm burning in hatred and desire for murder regarding AMY (100%) GTA V (gotta 100% it in a month and oh boy, it will take time) and Modnation: Racers (because I had to return the game and couldn't complete the Hotlap bullshit) but after I finish a game and stay away from it for a while, only the good memories stay. Recently I've gone through Metro Last Light to 100% it and most DLCs were crap but the Ranger one was fun and while I hated most of it, right now I barely remember the glitches and I fondly remember the Ranger Hardcore campaign which was a blast.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NetEntity said:

That's because Cage couldn't make up his damn mind. These scenes, visions and all, initially had a purpose - Ethan was supposed to have a psychic link to the Origami Killer, and the plot had supernatural elements in it. And then, somewhere near the middle/end of development cycle, Cage went "Nope, let's can the supernatural stuff!" and did just that, not bothering to edit the already finished early parts of the game. Now that's quite an epic fail. 

As for the game... I'm tempted to say Star Ocean 4, because its grind had nearly driven me insane, but I kinda brought it upon myself, and this choice is somewhat obvious, so... Rayman Legends. It's a great game, that could've been even better than Origins was... if not for the Awesomness grind (and the Dark Rayman stages, which were pretty annoying). It didn't take me long to beat it, so during the five months I played this game, I mainly was trapped in the eternal cycle of "boot up Legends - beat the challenges - look at the Awesomness rating go up a tiiiiiny bit - sigh and wonder about the uselessness of my pitiful existence - go play something else". When that last trophy and the plat popped out, I returned to the XMB and deleted it off my hard drive as fast as I could. Can't erase the memories, though.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the insight. Now I have even more to hate about this game :lol:

And I honestly tip my hat for you - You got the Star Ocean Plat. Thats a lot of dedication.

2 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Honestly the Gummi Ship missions in Kingdom Hearts REALLY made me loathe the game for a while...

I feel you.

But Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories was/is a lot worse for me. It will also be my next post in here once I finished it.

2 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

L. A. Noire:

In all honesty if this got a PS4 release or a sequel I will stay way a head of this as this to me anyway was such a depressing and borefest game, which is a shame because Rockstar usually produces really good games.

I'm SO glad I played this on my 360 back in the day.

Just a little trivia: Rockstart didn't exactly develop this game. They bought it off of some other publisher who dropped the game and just let the developers finish it with minor changes. If I remember corectly.

2 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Guitar Hero Live - Hated the game anyway but having to strum for 13 hours straight to get "Strumillionaire" and the platinum is not fun whatsoever..

Say what now...? 13 HOURS? Wtf!

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Max Payne 3

I loved the game since my first playtrough but platinum trophy made me hate this game. You don't know what you have to do to get the platinum in it?

Well, Easy playtrough to mop up collectibles and chapter related trophies (they are much easier to do on easy), Hard, Old school and hardcore playtroughs (trophies don't stack and you unlock new difficulty by beating previous one), also you need to complete New York Minute mode which is basically Time attack. You have one minute at the start of every chapter and you gain seconds by killing enemies. You need to complete the entire chapter to unlock next chapter in that mode. If you think that is enough, no! There is always New York Minute Hardocore! It demands from you to beat the entire story in one go with time limit! You die, quit the game or run  out of time and you start at chapter 1 again. You can only pause the game and consoles like to freeze while playing this mode. I spent there over 100 hours to get this trophy mainly because my PS3 froze almost 10 times at chapters 9 and further (13 overall). On top of that, you have a lot of grinding to get a max lvl in multiplayer and a few online luck based trophies which made my cry. Fuck this game.

Thats sounds actually terrible. Like a real Nightmare. Like really, I felt bad just reading this stuff.

For you goes the same as for NetEntity, I tip my hat to you.

57 minutes ago, BrunoBomb said:

Beyond: Two Souls (what's missing is 1 ending and I don't know which one)

LittleBigPlanet Karting (I have to complete 100 community levels, but it bugged me and I alresady did 100 levels in one go and still nothing)

I too dropped Beyond: Two Souls, but I will go back to it some day... damn you David Cage :facepalm:

I get so many bugs lately... double feel you on this one...

50 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Sound Shapes - those motherfucking Death Mode levels. Here we have a game that came out five years ago that would of been a fantastic platformer with an art for creativity and making music in cool ways. Campaign was great, Beat School was fun to mess around with and even more fun if you have family and friends with you. Death Mode? Bullshit.

Give me a harder Campaign, more enemies, don't fucking give me random notes that force me to take over 100 attempts to finish a level. Galaxanoids was particularly horrible because I would always, nine times out of ten, get a note on the opposite side. Perfect run? Doesn't matter, you're fucked because the game decided "Hey, you know what, we're going to have the Las Vegas odds determine whether or not you will pass this level". One level in particular has a 62 second time limit, it's big, and there are four moving hazards that more often than not screwed me over. Just like Galaxanoids, I got stuck, because once more, notes had to be on the opposite side.

I was thinking okay, first four or five levels on Death Mode? Nothing bad. First album was the only decent one with Death Mode. Once I hit Event Horizon # 1 shit went downhill from there. Two guys with lasers and everything outside of the two streams was death. Tried for 40 minutes - 60 minutes one night, gave up, picked it up again the next night, beat it within 5 - 10 minutes. What the fuck is up with that? Oh yeah, it's random.

I had no shame in autopopping the trophies on the Playstation 3 and Vita, because after the shit I had to go through, I pretty much deserved it.

That's what I've been saying for years now.

If I remember correctly, most of the time you just CAN'T win a Death Mode level, simply because the notes aren't in the right places and the time limit was SO tight you just had to hope they spawn correctly.

Though I still feel a little dirty for auto-popping, it gave me some kind of redemption lol.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 2

LA Noire was developed by Team Bondi from Australia and released in May 2011. Rockstar Games had to step in and take care of things since Team Bondi was going through a worker crisis where the workers were complaining about bad conditions, the game having problems, etc. That company was a mess, and within a month of release LA Noire was brought back to Best Buy and Gamestop en mass because kids thought they were going to get another GTA style game. Simply because the Rockstar label is on the front cover.

Since Team Bondi went out of business several years ago and no longer exists, I doubt we'll ever see a sequel to LA Noire. Best we can hope for is some sort of spiritual successor or a similar game that takes place in the same time period. It's a shame, because a good portion of the starring cast from the hit TV show Mad Men got to act in LA Noire. Good facial animation for the time as well.

• Like 1

Binary Domain. Loved the story, had some original game play elements and I liked all the characters. The MP challenges were awful though, especially on dead servers. Also, the invasion(horde) mode requires you to complete 50 consecutive rounds for 3 different maps and I got DCed twice;once at the 43rd round of a map and once at the 49th round. Keep in mind a playthrough takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Rayman Legends on Vita.

Like NetEntity said the base game is on par with Rayman Origins (although I still prefer Origins a bit more) but the online mode is just plain annoying. Especially on Vita as there's a trophy tied to a Diamond Cup which you only get when you are in the top 1% of players for a challenge. And the player base on Vita is horrible. On the beginning it was about ~1k to ~1.2k players for daily challenges, and about 2.5k players for the weekly ones. Best I could do was being somewhere in the range of top 1.5%. I gave up on this until I saw one of the threads about glitched challenges which more or less granted a free Diamond Cup with some effort. I got that and all I had to do was playing that online for another 3 months.

Now the player-base is even worse with about 300 to 400 players for the daily challenges so it's nearly impossible to get the Diamond Cup as there's always the same 5 to 10 people in the top spots which already have more than enough points. (some had about 300 Diamond Cups).

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Crazy said:

The game that instantly pops into my head is Lords of the Fallen

I really enjoy Dark Souls-esque games, and since this was a PS+ game from like September or something, I thought "why not?" First playthrough was really enjoyable, I liked all the bosses and the story was decent. I already had the intention of getting the platinum for the game, so I was anticipating the three playthroughs in order to get it. And y'know three playthroughs really drained the fun out of it, but nope I had to do FOUR playthroughs because of stupid class selection that made me be a class within a class that was required for a trophy and it didn't unlock. At about halfway of my third playthrough I was completely over it, and I was just speedrunning through. The different classes really didn't make enough of a difference for every playthrough to give you a different experience. I did get the platinum in the end, but it is a game that I definitely will not revisit anytime soon.

Pretty much exactly this. Game screwed me over with a glitch that caused one of the ending-related trophies not to unlock because i was using a two-handed weapon. The bland enemy design and poor writing really showed their faces on the third and fourth run.

10 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Welcome to Tales games (at least from my experience). I actually didn't think the grind for Xillia 2 was as bad or long as Xillia 1, but that might just be because I actually had enough experience to understand the systems at play.

As you said, each player's experience calls for different impressions of each game, but yeah, every Tales games is a grindfest. Problem is that only 2 of them ask you to do the same meaningless thing X hundred times: Xillia and Xillia 2.

In Xillia you have 6 characters and 300 uses per skill for a total of 1800 skill uses.

In Xillia you have 9 characters and 500 uses per skill for a total of 4500 skill uses.

It was thus much more painful for me to grind Xillia 2 than it ever was to go through Xillia 1. To each player their own, of course xD 

• Like 1

All of them. I hate every single Platinum I've earned.

I'm joking, but the main ones I hated doing were Resistance 2 (I did all the online multiplayer and co op in about two months before the server shutdown. NOTE: It involves a lot of shooting my second controller repeatedly with the DLC) and Killzone 2 (Radec on Elite and the weekly rank trophies). Red Faction Guerrilla was another one (playing on dead servers to win 250 matches and get 16 hidden challenges among other things).

I currently hate Sound Shapes and its death mode and I want to beat the crap outta the people who made the game.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Omar said:

As you said, each player's experience calls for different impressions of each game, but yeah, every Tales games is a grindfest. Problem is that only 2 of them ask you to do the same meaningless thing X hundred times: Xillia and Xillia 2.

In Xillia you have 6 characters and 300 uses per skill for a total of 1800 skill uses.

In Xillia you have 9 characters and 500 uses per skill for a total of 4500 skill uses.

It was thus much more painful for me to grind Xillia 2 than it ever was to go through Xillia 1. To each player their own, of course xD 

I'm with you, I saw the amount of skill uses in Xillia 2 and I thought this is going to take looong time.

I'm conscious that i liked first Xillia more than I'm liking the second because it was my first Xillia game and it was pretty simple. I miss a lot the symplicity of the 1st Xillia, especially getting money to buy something. But here the money is to pay a ridiculous debt. You upgrade your arts looking for pebbles so the game decides what to upgrade. Idk, I'm just continue playing because the cats. 

About the thread, most of times I find platinums just somewhat enjoyables because the lack of creativity in the trophy lists. Atm most of them are simple grind fest, a lot of unnecessary playthroughs. So I just keep on my mind decent lists. With usual challenging trophies but without ridiculous requeriments which sole purpose is to give you a false sense of big replaybility.

Fortunately for me , i can't recal a game that i began to hate cause of the effort of getting the plat . I got lucky in this point or maybe cause i give up in the middle of trying to get the plat of a certain game cause i'm not enjoying it or i'm really done with playing and can't bother got through the torture to plat the game .

But Alone in the Dark if i can get myself back to play it and plat , might became the first i hate while trying to plat .

The Last of Us - I don't hate this game, but playing on Survivor & Survivor + kicked me really hard in the gut. I had to go through the clickers without using the hearing sense (as it's not available in that difficulty) and the enemies were really tough. 

MINDJACK - I can't believe I'm saying this, but having MINDJACK as the worst game I've platted so far actually made me let that feeling go away. 

• Like 2

mmm... some might have know my answers already.. 

Ico - I loved the art and I liked the story and then there's Yorda's AI. *hatred to Yorda intensifies once again*

Digimon All-Star Rumble - I love Digimon, even with the game not having my favorite Digimon, I didn't mind, cause the game looks very good and I enjoyed playing it... for the first few hours. For me, this game has the worst RNG in terms of collectibles and worst Grind - and it is not even a JRPG *sigh*

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kaleniya said:

Using 800 sword skills, 300 back crits, defeat 200 lvl 110 enemies, 1000 burst attacks... only to name a few. most have these have ridiculous requirements and you have to do 100 of those implements. Affection grinding is sitting on your bed with one of the girls, holding hands and nodding yes or no to the same gibberish again and again.

Note: You can only do one implement at a time, and it only counts if you're in a Hollow Mission (Mission Points that trigger when you get close to them)

5 hours ago, Omar said:

not quite right

in Xillia it was 150 uses of their trait and partner skill, which isn't too bad of a grind because you can get this naturally if you play with the whole cast during your 2 playthroughs.

Xillia 2 was 450 uses of their trait and partner skill which was just a needless and excessive grind ( all of Xillia 2's grind were triple that of Xillia 1). you would probably have to play the game 4-6 times if you wanted to get those naturally. 

• Like 1

Ratchet and Clank: FFA is the most recent frustrating platinum to come to mind. In particular, the annoying trophy of having to glide and run a specific number of miles. Trophies like this always make a game a lot less enjoyable, since literally all you're doing is moving your character around for hours waiting for the trophy to pop. I just multi-tasked a bit, browsing the net while doing it, still wasn't much fun though.

• Like 1

I don't have the platinum because I can't get the :gold: Castle Guide trophy but I'll go for Ico. I like Ico, I think it does everything right, the story, gameplay, it's pretty, excellent audio, even Yorda's AI creates a few suspenseful moments. A lot of people complain about it but I think I understand her, she's been locked up. She's free for maybe the first time in her life, she's curious and wants to explore. I'm okay with that. That's how I feel when I play Ico normally. Trying to finish the game in under two hours though...

YORDA DO AS I SAY YOU #$@% BEFORE I FEED YOU TO THE SHADOW MONSTERS MYSELF YOU !#?@%#@ $#!%!!

Castle Guide is the last trophy I need for the platinum and once a month, I make an attempt at it. I usually come in a few minutes over and I'm sure with enough attempts I'll get it eventually. My hate for ICO isn't eternal, it lasts for those two or so hours, then dissipates before reappearing a month later :lol: It's a great game, it's just a horrible game to speedrun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A-Brawl3r said:

not quite right

in Xillia it was 150 uses of their trait and partner skill, which isn't too bad of a grind because you can get this naturally if you play with the whole cast during your 2 playthroughs.

Xillia 2 was 450 uses of their trait and partner skill which was just a needless and excessive grind ( all of Xillia 2's grind were triple that of Xillia 1). you would probably have to play the game 4-6 times if you wanted to get those naturally. 

True! It's been like 2 years so I got the numbers off, but the point remains Xillia 2 took Xillia 1 and upped it annoyance-wise xD

Thanks for the correction! ^_^

2 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Ratchet and Clank: FFA is the most recent frustrating platinum to come to mind. In particular, the annoying trophy of having to glide and run a specific number of miles. Trophies like this always make a game a lot less enjoyable, since literally all you're doing is moving your character around for hours waiting for the trophy to pop. I just multi-tasked a bit, browsing the net while doing it, still wasn't much fun though.

I still have this game, don't recall if the game is doable solo with two controllers or if there's an online mode I need to play. 

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

The Last of Us - I don't hate this game, but playing on Survivor & Survivor + kicked me really hard in the gut. I had to go through the clickers without using the hearing sense (as it's not available in that difficulty) and the enemies were really tough. 

MINDJACK - I can't believe I'm saying this, but having MINDJACK as the worst game I've platted so far actually made me let that feeling go away. 

Laughs in the corner as i beat the grounded difficulty not even trying survivor first . lol but seriouslyi know the struggle i dedicated a whole day to beating the warehouse part with ellie but the hospital was suprisingly easy idk why maybe im crazy but the game conditioned me to save so much that i never ran out of ammo besides the very start of the game.....

The game im gonna say was already said but ill tell my story even though i dint earn the play and idk if i will  

MAX PAYNE 3: I Love the max Payne games including this one that is until i tried to go for the platinum i believe there is 3 different difficulty trophies normal,hardcore, and old school.. they dont stack.  then theres NY minute as the other person mentioned its time attack if you run out you have to start at the start  of the chapter now this all doesn't sound to bad until you realize that Rockstar never got their shit together and patch the game they tried multiple times but my research tells me that the patches actually make the game Glitch EVEN MORE. Now your thinking two things what kinda glitches happen? no enemy spawns,falling through the world,and WORST OF ALL FREEZING literally the worst thing that can happen in your New York Minute play through will happen and this is only for NYM not to mention  new york minute hardcore where you have to go through the entire game and if you die once the entire game starts from chapter 1 and theres about 15 chapters not including some of the chapters with part 2s. Sounds painful enough right?  BUT WAIT THERES MORE  add in the fact that you have to get all the mini challenges which consist of getting kills with certain weapons and other tedious challenges then theres the multiplayer which requires you to hit max rank (your level moves up like a slug) and the infamous collect all the collectible trophy  i wouldnt hate this plat or game if rockstar would've spent like a couple days checking the bugs/glitches and fixing them even through a patch...minecraft updates their game more and it came out before this game.... so that is why i will probably never get this plat otherwise i usually love all the games i plat in fact sometimes i dont get the plat right away to so i dont end up hating the game also cause im lazy 

• Like 1

@TONY-7581 The hate for Max Payne 3 is real in here :lol:

Another gem of mine is Mafia 3.

See, I don't struggle that hard with challenge. What really grinds my gears is repetition... If I have to do like level grinding in a Final Fantasy game thats one thing. You don't like grinding at all? Don't start RPG's.

But when a game forces me to do the same fucking boring stuff over and over and over and over... and calls that 'Story', I really can go nuts at times.
I'm sure you are all familiar with whats the main problem for a lot of people with Mafia's third installment, so I won't go much into detail here. If you don't know, long story short - you have ONE type of mission for ~20h gameplay. Rinse and repeat. Enjoy.

I was literally screaming all the way through my second playthrough. Much to the enjoyment of my girlfriend.

It took me mind numbingly TWO WEEKS of playing this shit everyday for an hour or two, cause I couldn't bring myself to enjoy even one second of it. In a month I had loads of freetime and did what? 14 plats I think? Just saying.

The thing is... I really wanted to like this game. Mafia II got mixed reviews as well at first, and that one I fucking loved.

So I thought: ''Screw all those crtics, they moan about every little thing. It maybe won't be gaming heaven but it sure will be enjoyable.'' Boy was I wrong.

I really liked the first few hours. The lip snyc was so spot on at times, I really just liked looking at the cutscenes.The overall story seemed exciting too, as I'm a huge fan of both, Mafia- and revenge stories. I don't mind graphics at all, so seeing how this game was 'ugly' (as some critics called it) was beyond me.

But it was kind of 'off' from the start. I never was excited to turn on my PS4 and I always quit after two hours or so. I even started the game on hard, which is my go-to difficulty for games I like usally, but I never wanted to do anything.

You feel me? I did like two Main Missions every time and just quit the game because there was zero fun in it. I can't exactly name the problem, its just not fun at all to play Maia 3.

Playing through the game a second time was the most sluggish experience in recent years for me. I absolutely hated its guts.

Still - I had to do the plat. God damn, I hate myself sometimes.

Edited by Joker