Platinum Trophies that made you hate the game

Paleblood

15 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Batman Arkham Knights platinum made me hate the game before i got the platinum. Getting all god damn 243 riddler trophies and the Brutality 101 trophy took a long time for me and when i was done i quickly deleted the game and never played it again and probably never will again.

If you think those are bad they are nothing compared to the combat trophies in the Community Challenge pack. Spent several hours on them a couple months ago and still didn't get anywhere.

• Like 1

L.A. Noire

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this game. Now, this game isn't hard by any means, but there was one specific trophy that I got tired of really quickly...Auto Fanatic. I spent FOREVER running around trying to find cars I haven't driven yet, and at one point, I just started getting into every car I saw, just praying for it to be the last one I need. Other than that, pick up this game, it's great and a pretty easy list.

1 hour ago, TBostonFC said:

L.A. Noire

Apologies if someone has already mentioned this game. Now, this game isn't hard by any means, but there was one specific trophy that I got tired of really quickly...Auto Fanatic. I spent FOREVER running around trying to find cars I haven't driven yet, and at one point, I just started getting into every car I saw, just praying for it to be the last one I need. Other than that, pick up this game, it's great and a pretty easy list.

There was a trick with that where you could highlight the car you needed in the menu, and then a bunch of them would spawn nearby. I have to agree though, I really disliked searching for the collectibles too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

There was a trick with that where you could highlight the car you needed in the menu, and then a bunch of them would spawn nearby. I have to agree though, I really disliked searching for the collectibles too.

Really? Well...I'll have to try that next time! Thanks for the tip! :D

I'm going to post a mental platinum (There isn't an actual platinum)

Lovely Planet, Ohhh my god, It doesn't have a platinum? 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/4515-lovely-planet/13-harakiri

This trophy makes the game non-beatable, I mean, if you got the game, I'd bet you'd rage, this has to be the hardest game in PSN history, I spent over 70 hours going at it and only got 2 trophies, but I'm kinda happy because for one trophy I was the 8th person to get it so.. 

Edited by PaperMonkeyBoy

qjQw0lp.png oAiCv1t.png

this one.

Achieve 95% in super hard songs is freaking impossible, even worse: this shitty rhythm game has horrible mechanics.
They could just done another DJMAX with other name, but no.

Well fucking done Nurijoy, well fucking done PM Studios.

I'll say ToS: Dawn of the New World. A game that has truly obnoxious writing and annoying characters, but at least some decent gameplay.

Now couple that with looooonnng grindy trophies who requirements involve having to play the game multiple times, forcing you to listen time and time again to said obnoxious writing and annoying characters, and you have a game series that I hope to never touch again.

MLB. THE SHOW 2016

The one trophy 95% of the people need for a platinum is winning 20 games online vs randoms and if you loose twice before you get 20 wins you must redraft your new team and start over.Real fucking grind because its not boostable .I forgot the name of the trophy.

OKAGE: Shadow King: I had gotten all the trophies but one, which involves farming a rare monster for a rarer drop. The only way to get a chance to get it consistently is to farm a boss battle 10xxxxxxxx times. I tried farming for this monster in the last dungeon, but found that it appears very rarely, and you have to flee all other encounters, which is annoying as hell to do.

The story was cool but that one trophy made me not want to touch the game ever again. And it's ancient by today's standards. If there was a glitch or cheat to make the trophy list easier, it would have been on my list. As is, it's a no-go. :(

• Like 1

For me there is one game that has haunted me for the last few months when i attempted to get the platinum, and it was one of my favorite game back in 2013.

Batman: Arkham Origins

This game is a bitch to platinum due to the multiplayer trophies, I manage to got most of them through boosting session, but the one that evaded me is the the Tales of Gotham (4.29%) trophy, which sounds easy ( Win a round of each map with each faction in multiplayer ) but winning as the hero faction is really challenging due to how fast game matches went by, and you have to do different take down for each player for maximum points.

This is a good example of an game where the multiplayer was added as an after though as its not well implemented. It also didn't help that WB Games said they would shut down the server back in December, but they never did, so they just flat out lied to us.

Ironically this isn't the hardest trophy in the game, Perfectionist and Olympian (Both at 4.14%) are also incredibly hard as the challenges in this game are insane! In fact, I think I lost part of my sanity while replaying this game.

Mafia 2

For the love of God, this fucking game I absolutely hate it with a passion. Everything about it especially the series as a whole, this game make me hate it so bad. Why you think I hate it? What makes it bad was the stupid wanted poster that still to this day it's literally impossible. There's one poster that I have to drive cautiously in the highway in the opposite direction first whole dealing with shitty AI drivers, turn around and go full speed, and hopefully land at top of the building be exactly at the chimney. Even doing just that is so unforgiving that countless times that I try so hard to do, it doesn't work at all. Even the worse part is how easily you get caught by the police. They're everywhere no matter how you try collecting that collectible they always found a way to be total assholes. That's how the game summed up to be that everything about the game is just awful that even I despise the series thanks to this, that I have nightmares while playing this putrid of a game. Fuck this pathetic game and to Mafia 3 even though I hadn't play that as well. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r
  • Like 2

Uncharted 4.

Had I just done a playthrough on normal and sold the game, I probably would have considered it decent. But noooooo, I wanted that platinum. Crushing difficulty rubs your face in every bad design decision that went into the combat, mistakes you probably would have skated past otherwise. It gives you plenty of time to see the basic flaws in the story, so much of which is spent elaborating on things that don't lead to any payoff. I was so mad by the time I reached the end, I skipped the final cinematic, which I don't think I've done for any other game ever.

Most games I play, I enjoy more because of trophies, but this was a big exception.

On 11/02/2017 at 2:25 AM, Omar said:

TALES OF XILLIA 2

WHERE DO I BEGIN? You would only get 2 trophies during the story, the rest was a pure grindfest. Then, among grindfests we have several sorts: bearable ones, intense but fun ones, easy but boring ones......the grinding here consisted of doing THE SAME MOVE FIVE HUNDRED TIMES. Each character has a unique move that triggers in combat, under unique circumstances each. THERE ARE NINE CHARACTERS. Some of them implied countering an enemy's attack, which makes the player rely on enemy AI, which I won't even describe because you can imagine.

Then we have THE DEBT OF DOOM which is an abnormal sum of money that we have to pay to an organization in the game for the dumbest reason in gaming history. And then there's the icing on the cake, the CHALLENGES, which start off telling you to do 10-hit combos and ends up telling you the CASUAL 9 power combo involving 3 character changes and a dual mystic arte at the end without breaking combo and with the enemy surviving the barrage of hits or dying to the mystic arte. Y'know, the usual in every fight! 

The game is cool, the story and characters are nice and the combat is fun but the platinum trophy and pretty much the whole trophy set made it HELL. Those who know me have seen me rant over this a few times now xD 

This game was very frustrating and it took me about 120 hours to get the plat, which was the second longest after Tales of Vesperia which my most frustrating platinum. Most of the Tales games seem to be this way, usually crossing the 100 hour mark except maybe Tales of Hearts and Innocence which are easy enough. I did most of them except Zestiria and Symphonia which needed 5 playthroughs to get all the titles and there was no scene skip feature, so I just gave up on that. Zestiria had this silly weapon skill system that I could never manage to get my head around and needed a lot of grinding, so I never bothered. Apparently Berseria is no different in that it's very grindy and takes an estimated 90+ hours. 

Final Fantasy X would be the one that I just gave up on. The Chocobo game and the Lightning bolts were too difficult and frustrating for me. I also hated Blitzball, so getting the Celestial weapons to beat Penance seemed way out of reach. All the grinding and work needed to just fill up the sphere grid. The story and the characters were fantastic and I really enjoyed the game, but the dark aeons and all the post game stuff for the trophies put me off the Platinum.    

On 2/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, Omar said:

TALES OF XILLIA 2

WHERE DO I BEGIN? You would only get 2 trophies during the story, the rest was a pure grindfest. Then, among grindfests we have several sorts: bearable ones, intense but fun ones, easy but boring ones......the grinding here consisted of doing THE SAME MOVE FIVE HUNDRED TIMES. Each character has a unique move that triggers in combat, under unique circumstances each. THERE ARE NINE CHARACTERS. Some of them implied countering an enemy's attack, which makes the player rely on enemy AI, which I won't even describe because you can imagine.

Then we have THE DEBT OF DOOM which is an abnormal sum of money that we have to pay to an organization in the game for the dumbest reason in gaming history. And then there's the icing on the cake, the CHALLENGES, which start off telling you to do 10-hit combos and ends up telling you the CASUAL 9 power combo involving 3 character changes and a dual mystic arte at the end without breaking combo and with the enemy surviving the barrage of hits or dying to the mystic arte. Y'know, the usual in every fight! 

The game is cool, the story and characters are nice and the combat is fun but the platinum trophy and pretty much the whole trophy set made it HELL. Those who know me have seen me rant over this a few times now xD 

I just finished my first runthrough of Xillia, and I have a good start on those trophies.  However...I feel like I'm never going to play Xillia 2 for this very reason.

For me, I don't even have the platinum yet, but Megatagmention Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombies.  This game is really fun.  It's silly, weird story, weird jokes and it's just satisfying to kill hoards of video game zombies.  And then you have to grind the bosses.  The reason the game is fun because it's fast and satisfying combat.  The boss fights are slow.  Attack, defend, attack, defend.  It's not fun, it's boring and I really don't want to fight a boss 20+ more times hoping they drop one specific item.  Honestly It's just boring, and this is coming from someone who mainly enjoys tedious and repetitive tasks.

Edited by Alternatewarning
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

For me, I don't even have the platinum yet, but Megatagmention Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombies.  This game is really fun.  It's silly, weird story, weird jokes and it's just satisfying to kill hoards of video game zombies.  And then you have to grind the bosses.  The reason the game is fun because it's fast and satisfying combat.  The boss fights are slow.  Attack, defend, attack, defend.  It's not fun, it's boring and I really don't want to fight a boss 20+ more times hoping they drop one specific item.  Honestly It's just boring, and this is coming from someone who mainly enjoys tedious and repetitive tasks.

I still don't have the platinum for that game because I don't know which monster I missed lol.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, rdhight said:

Uncharted 4.

Had I just done a playthrough on normal and sold the game, I probably would have considered it decent. But noooooo, I wanted that platinum. Crushing difficulty rubs your face in every bad design decision that went into the combat, mistakes you probably would have skated past otherwise. It gives you plenty of time to see the basic flaws in the story, so much of which is spent elaborating on things that don't lead to any payoff. I was so mad by the time I reached the end, I skipped the final cinematic, which I don't think I've done for any other game ever.

Most games I play, I enjoy more because of trophies, but this was a big exception.

You should of used the tweaks and cheats. They don't disable trophies and it made my Crushing playthrough much easier.

On 09/03/2017 at 11:06 AM, Shurax_Urden said:

This.

I have it installed and waiting to be finished somewhere in the future... I don't have the strength to replay everything again and again and again.

The first few playthrough were kind of enjoyable... but now... just a pain...

My best advice is to just limit yourself to 2 play throughs a day............ It drags on so very bad!

• 3 months later...

All of them to be honest.

Prototype - Beat the game without dying, beat it on hard mode, get all the collectables, get gold/platinum in all events

Assassins Creed Brotherhood - Boosting Level 50 was arse ache

Little Big Planet (PS Vita) - Beat 10 levels in a row without dying, ace all the story levels, have a level you created be played by 50 unique players, spend 24 hours in create mode

Rayman Legends (PS Vita) - Get a diamond cup at the end of a challenge, gave up doing it legit - waited for the glitched challenge

Tekken 6 - Nightmare Train Stage... and I'm not good at fighting games anyway :/