Most frustrating things in Skyrim

kevomode

There's a LOT of shit that pisses me off in this game. Especially the following..

1. Being over-encumbered

2. Followers getting in your way

3. Followers dying so easily

4. Followers fucking up your stealth 

5. Not being able to find your follower's corpse to retrieve your shit

6. Followers walking in front of your attacks like retards 

7. Getting killed out of nowhere and forgetting to save the game

8. Horses dying so easily

9. Multiple NPCs talking to me simultaneously 

10. Not being able to sort your inventory by weight, value etc

What about you?..

My biggest issue is the leveling system.

Once you max out the skills that you use, leveling becomes counter productive. The enemies keep getting stronger but you literally can't get any stronger. It's the dumbest leveling system I've ever had to deal with. Oblivion did it so much better with the stat system.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

My biggest issue is the leveling system.

Once you max out the skills that you use, leveling becomes counter productive. The enemies keep getting stronger but you literally can't get any stronger. It's the dumbest leveling system I've ever had to deal with. Oblivion did it so much better with the stat system.

jack of all trades my friend, Lets say i'm a fighter so i wanna level up one hand, block and light armor. doesnt hurt to also level up

black smith to make better weapons and armor
enchantment to make weapons and armor better
archery so you can pick off hard to reach guys
or even a few points in restoration to keep costs of healing down

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stargazer2600 said:

jack of all trades my friend, Lets say i'm a fighter so i wanna level up one hand, block and light armor. doesnt hurt to also level up

black smith to make better weapons and armor
enchantment to make weapons and armor better
archery so you can pick off hard to reach guys
or even a few points in restoration to keep costs of healing down

Yes, but once you max those things out, every level you accidentally gain after that is making enemies stronger while you are not increasing in strength. It's an insanely counter productive system that basically penalizes you for leveling anymore past a certain point. I find myself desperately trying to not level up after a certain point. It's ridiculous. 

At least with Oblivion there was an actual stat system that came along with leveling skills. It kept you getting stronger, even when leveling skills that didn't directly affect your strength.

I've always been the type of gamer that likes to max out my characters. That just couldn't happen in Skyrim. Once they added in the legendary skill thing, if you leveled up too much the game would become mathematically impossible. 

3 hours ago, Zombie-Valentine said:

Yeh, the levelling system is pretty annoying like that, what's more is that if you go Legendary on a skill there's really no added benefit, other than being able to maybe go up one level in total. It'd be better if there was a bit more incentive to making a skill Legendary. 

The incentive is getting back your perk points to spend them elsewhere. 

Yes, but once you max those things out, every level you accidentally gain after that is making enemies stronger while you are not increasing in strength. It's an insanely counter productive system that basically penalizes you for leveling anymore past a certain point. I find myself desperately trying to not level up after a certain point. It's ridiculous. 

At least with Oblivion there was an actual stat system that came along with leveling skills. It kept you getting stronger, even when leveling skills that didn't directly affect your strength.

I've always been the type of gamer that likes to max out my characters. That just couldn't happen in Skyrim. Once they added in the legendary skill thing, if you leveled up too much the game would become mathematically impossible. 

Well i will have to respectfully disagree, maybe its how i play vs how you play but I have never had a issue with enemies being stronger than me and once i max something out, i always work on something else. I have made some serious badass weapons of the highest quality with insane magical damage bonuses. Taking time to level up things isnt quick either. I mean just to level up blacksmith to 100 takes quite the dedication and if you did something like

one handed
block
light armor
smithing
enchanting

i dont think you would have time to really focus on anything else since skyrim does still have the level cap even with the expansion. So either your not fully maxing everything out or your just getting what you want from a tree and calling that tree done, if thats the case i suggest maxing out those trees and seeing what all they can offer, hell experiment with other trees, get creative, make a spell sword or a night blade. If your having trouble with enemies as you level, its cause your not leveling correctly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Well i will have to respectfully disagree, maybe its how i play vs how you play but I have never had a issue with enemies being stronger than me and once i max something out, i always work on something else. I have made some serious badass weapons of the highest quality with insane magical damage bonuses. Taking time to level up things isnt quick either. I mean just to level up blacksmith to 100 takes quite the dedication and if you did something like

one handed
block
light armor
smithing
enchanting

i dont think you would have time to really focus on anything else since skyrim does still have the level cap even with the expansion. So either your not fully maxing everything out or your just getting what you want from a tree and calling that tree done, if thats the case i suggest maxing out those trees and seeing what all they can offer, hell experiment with other trees, get creative, make a spell sword or a night blade. If your having trouble with enemies as you level, its cause your not leveling correctly.

Well, after I discovered that this might be an issue, I started a new character and used console commands on PC to max things out and test slowly and the problem definitely is there, without a doubt. It's not even debatable. Yes, you wouldn't run into it in a natural playthrough without excessive grinding, but that doesn't change the fact that the issue does exist. It's a broken leveling / scaling system, especially compared to Oblivion which got it so right.

This is why the PC version is the best version of the game. With the console command function you don't have to worry about that ;P

9 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

The incentive is getting back your perk points to spend them elsewhere. 

That incentive is lost, for me at least, the higher your level is seen as it takes longer and longer to level up. So all the perk points you've got in, say one handed, go to all your other skills when you go Legendary and then you have to earn them all back again at a much slower pace, and by that time you've usually got to lv.100 in one handed again with much less perk points.
Unless you just endlessly use Muffle to level up, but there's no fun in that.

Not sure if it still does it on the PS4 version, but on the PS3 version after spending some time on Solstheim the whole game would become laggy as anything and loading screens would take about twice as long.

Another frustration is doing any quests for the Thieves Guild and having to battle through 4 sets of loading screens just to go in and out of the place.

12 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Well, after I discovered that this might be an issue, I started a new character and used console commands on PC to max things out and test slowly and the problem definitely is there, without a doubt. It's not even debatable. Yes, you wouldn't run into it in a natural playthrough without excessive grinding, but that doesn't change the fact that the issue does exist. It's a broken leveling / scaling system, especially compared to Oblivion which got it so right.

i wouldnt say Oblivion got it right, I like that anything i can do can help advance me towards a new level cause say i'm a cleric and i decide its not for me, in skyrim i dont have to start a new character, i can just use other abilities. Again, maybe my play style is just different from yours but i quite liked how Skyrim did it. Did it take me a while to get used to it? oh yes and at first i didnt like it but once i understood it and used it in the ways i described, it allows you to make better, stronger characters that you couldnt in oblivion or morrowind

7 hours ago, ee28max said:

Apart from saving issues, this is the most frustrating thing in Skyrim. Does the loading screen even take that long on the PS4 version?

They are super quick. In all honesty, along with the generally smoother performance, it's the best thing about the remaster

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 4