Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

2 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

You've been added!

I'm sorry if I sounded offended. Trust me, I'm not. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don't want anyone else to be called out as not being good enough to be in this event when they meet all of the requirements. It's okay that this event isn't your thing, but feel free to watch on the sidelines and have fun following the event. :)

Your right. This event is highly subjective. Everyone's view of elite is different. Your idea of an Elite seems more suited for the Rarity League (I plan on reviving that later this year and hope to see you there :)). This is an all-around event, ranging from high quality and quantity. Of course, some of these accounts are way better than others. No where does it say that everyone is at an equal skill level. All 14 Elite meet the minimum requirements to compete, and many of them have established some long-running rivalries among each other through the trophy leagues and plat races they competed in together. Again, this is supposed to be a friendly competition. You can root for particular Elite, but there's no need to bring others down.

I'm sorry if you're not a fan of my introductions. I admit I'm not the best at making stuff like that, and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. 

Your event is for the elites, the so called best of the best going against one another. 

Sounds amazing when you put it like that, except, it's not the best of the best going against one another and I'm assuming the requirements to win don't include any actually hard challenges. 

Probably, just spam easy plats until you win. 

I'd be completely fine with this, if this competition was just " league olympics, the most prolific winners go against eachother!" 

But instead you use grandiose language and make out like this is fucking d-day for the best of the best hunters. 

I was expecting to see QuantumMercury, Kratos11911, Vietnam, ThanatosNiinja2, WEEDgrs, greenzsaber, virtualnight, Rahal-geo and Zajac9999, just as a few examples of the "elites" that i know of, but instead, we got the "the beast" who only has 60 urs and some other hunters with decent profiles. 

The problem isn't them, the problem isn't Andrea, I'm sure she's nice and I really don't mean to bash her. 

It's you, you're the problem, your grandiose language and your hyping up of the competition. You're proclaiming these people to tbe the best. 

I have issues with that, especially when you compare them to the people I mentioned. 

13 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Hey you gotta start somewhere right? You cant instantly have 300 ;) It also depends on quality of ultra rares.

Of course and absolutely. 

I've seen an account with 1000+ URs and 0 impressive plats. So you can absolutely have a shit account even if you have loads of URs. 

I'm not saying everyone should have or get 300 urs. Just saying that if you want to be considered  somewhat decent, you need to be bringing something to the table, that isn't 100/200 easy platinums. Anyone with free time and money can do those. 

Not everyone can do, SMB for example. 

Edited by AlphaTrash
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

Your event is for the elites, the so called best of the best going against one another. 

Sounds amazing when you put it like that, except, it's not the best of the best going against one another and I'm assuming the requirements to win don't include any actually hard challenges. 

Probably, just spam easy plats until you win. 

I'd be completely fine with this, if this competition was just " league olympics, the most prolific winners go against eachother!" 

But instead you use grandiose language and make out like this is fucking d-day for the best of the best hunters. 

I was expecting to see QuantumMercury, Kratos11911, Vietnam, ThanatosNiinja2, WEEDgrs, greenzsaber, virtualnight, Rahal-geo and Zajac9999, just as a few examples of the "elites" that i know of, but instead, we got the "the beast" who only has 60 urs and some other hunters with decent profiles. 

The problem isn't them, the problem isn't Andrea, I'm sure she's nice and I really don't mean to bash her. 

It's you, you're the problem, your grandiose language and your hyping up of the competition. You're proclaiming these people to tbe the best. 

I have issues with that, especially when you compare them to the people I mentioned. 

If you look at the events list, you will see that some events are geared towards easy plats, while others are nearly impossible to win with the same games. There's meant to be something for everyone.

I'm not even sure who a few of those people are, probably because they don't have a strong presence on the forums. This event is featuring of the Elite of PSNP, not the Elite of Sony. I'm sure many of those guys could obliterate the competition in this event. Let me ask you though. Would even half of the people you mentioned be active enough to see my invite, let alone join this event?

I know this event has problems. I'm not perfect. This isn't supposed to be anything professional. If you want to run your own Elite event, you have my full support.

15 minutes ago, Pixel-CAT- said:

I want to join the bench please (^_^ ) 

You've been added! ^-^

• Like 3

Just now, PhantomOfThorns said:

Obviously we can't choose the teams we want to be picked for due to the random draft order but can we request to not be on a team with these salty boys and girls in this thread trying ruin the fun if they decide to actually join and back up this big talk? :giggle:

Well, I would never make a banned list for the less friendly users of the forums. If any of the Elite think a truck of salt is the most beneficial choice for their team, who am I to stop them?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PhantomOfThorns said:

Obviously we can't choose the teams we want to be picked for due to the random draft order but can we request to not be on a team with these salty boys and girls in this thread trying ruin the fun if they decide to actually join and back up this big talk? :giggle:

The best post I've seen all day :D. Why can't everyone just have fun? We're talking about video games here not the actual olympics xD.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

If you're allowing Andrea and Rach to use their new accounts you should say for fairness sake they can't play anything they had already done on their previous accounts,  to keep it fair to other people.  

^ This.

Also the actual thing isn't starting for quite a while. I'm assuming there's longer than a week to decide on people?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gage said:

If you're allowing Andrea and Rach to use their new accounts you should say for fairness sake they can't play anything they had already done on their previous accounts,  to keep it fair to other people.  

I wouldn't have a problem with that and have actually made my old account visible for transparency purposes for the this event.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zajac9999 said:

^ This.

Also the actual thing isn't starting for quite a while. I'm assuming there's longer than a week to decide on people?

I asked to bring in a new account and was told I'm locked in lol. Sorry Jem but I thought it was superunknown and not Andrea. No offense to Rach, never have played with her/him? But I agree. 

I'm guessing a big part in choosing these elite players is also being quite sure they actually compete? Because they've all been active in quite a few competitions and actually played (and didn't drop out without notice), this would be a lot less interesting if only 4 or so actually did anything. Also almost everyone who's at least a little bit active in these parts actually 'knows' or has heard about most of them.

1 minute ago, Couch said:

I asked to bring in a new account and was told I'm locked in lol. Sorry Jem but I thought it was superunknown and not Andrea. No offense to Rach, never have played with her/him? But I agree. 

No offense taken :) 

I've been using my new account for around 9 months ish, mainly because living in the US and having a UK account was becoming a pain (especially as there were a lot of Vita games I wanted to enjoy and it's easier to just whack money on a PSN account)  I'm not using my UK account at all and nor do I intend to, I've only just made it visible today in light of this competition for transparency and fairness, so if games I have played before on that account are discounted, I don't mind.

9 minutes ago, Gage said:

Interesting idea,  but sounds quite complicated so I wish you luck running it.  Also I think getting 70 people to sign up for bench in 7 days is a little optimistic. :P

I do somewhat see issue with allowing Andrea and Rach to use accounts that aren't their original ones.  When we do THL and stuff on PST we don't allow people to use newer accounts,  because it gives a very obvious advantage when you haven't played a lot of games on the new account.  Someone could just spam out 400 Sound Shapes trophies again and wreck anything for totals.  If you're allowing Andrea and Rach to use their new accounts you should say for fairness sake they can't play anything they had already done on their previous accounts,  to keep it fair to other people.  That might make it slightly more annoying to track their stuff,  but for fairness sake to the other people involved would be a good compromise.  

Thank you for the constructive criticism. That's fair and definitely worth the extra time it will take to count scores.

This event doesn't start for nearly three months. This thread was made so early because I expect it to take at least a month, if not longer, to get all of the teams together. I allowed extra time just in case.

I'm a sentient truck of salt with opposable thumbs. You can call me big sexy though. 

For real, I'll be my own elite captain and my team mates will be me, me, me and me. As no one else likes me enough to be on my team. I'm fine with that. 

Can't wait to win. Cheers!. ;) 

Gonna be playing on an alt though and redoing easy games. 

My new account is AlphaTruck. 

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

That's not how a conversation works son. Just because somebody is saying something you don't like, doesn't mean you get to silence them. This isn't communist USSR or Nazi Germany.

Man, kids these days are surprising me with their way of thinking almost on a daily basis.

Linking Nazi Germany to politely telling someone, who has been iterating the same thing over and over, to leave is some A+ thinking too. Only wish I could be surprised about that. 

And a conversation usually has a point, there's not much point to spamming your opinion over and over. Everyone heard it loud and clear the first time. 

Edited by FFHannibal
  • Like 1