Motion Sickness/Nausea

PowerCoard

First of I would like to say I love this game! The one on the vita was my first ever platinum I loved it so much and when they "revamped it" I was super excited to play it on the PS4. It feels like a totally new game but there is one problem I can only play for about 30min then I have to switch games or turn it off I getting Nauseous, like when you in the car to long or on a boat (motion sickness). I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if so how have you overcome it?

• Like 1

Wow, I don't know. I played it on the Vita, but don't have the Plat because of those two Don't Lose Your Stamp insane trophies. It never made me ill like sometimes my favorite Free-To-Play game can (Warframe.)

I started playing Tearaway Unfolded in May 2016, didn't get very far, and haven't played it again since, but planned to all along.

Any game that can give me Motion Sickness won't do it every time. I think for me, some of it is usually Migraine related.

So then one of ideas of what does trigger Motion Sickness for me is the camera movement, and the environments and then the possible tweaking of camera stick movement if the game supports it.

I was highly considering starting this game up again, so I'll keep a lookout and report back. (Sometime this week.)

Edited by Maisy

On 2/12/2017 at 6:57 AM, Maisy said:

Wow, I don't know. I played it on the Vita, but don't have the Plat because of those two Don't Lose Your Stamp insane trophies. It never made me ill like sometimes my favorite Free-To-Play game can (Warframe.)

I started playing Tearaway Unfolded in May 2016, didn't get very far, and haven't played it again since, but planned to all along.

Any game that can give me Motion Sickness won't do it every time. I think for me, some of it is usually Migraine related.

So then one of ideas of what does trigger Motion Sickness for me is the camera movement, and the environments and then the possible tweaking of camera stick movement if the game supports it.

I was highly considering starting this game up again, so I'll keep a lookout and report back. (Sometime this week.)

Thanks for the response I do have a history of migraine issues that might be it but idk I think it might be because everything is always moving but I'm not sure. Please let me know how it works for you it is really fun

On 2/12/2017 at 8:46 AM, TheYuriG said:

Put yourself in a position you aren't too close or too centered in relation to the tv so you don't get absolutely immersed into it

Something to try. Thank you!

On 2/12/2017 at 8:48 AM, MMDE said:

Never had this issue, but it must be that your brain thinks you're actually in the game, but gets conflicting signals from the rest of your body or something.

Maybe. Brains are weird

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had that same problem with this game.  Solved it with getting a pair of Sea-bands at Sav-on.  Cost $10.00 for the pair, works like a charm.  They are normally used for people going on cruises and such, but works really good with this type of game.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MB_27_Beach said:

I had that same problem with this game.  Solved it with getting a pair of Sea-bands at Sav-on.  Cost $10.00 for the pair, works like a charm.  They are normally used for people going on cruises and such, but works really good with this type of game.  Good Luck!

Thank you glad I'm not alone I'll look into that. Thanks again

On 18/02/2017 at 3:01 AM, PowerCoard said:

So far that I have played which makes it super weird

Same here, not sure why this game over others. I was playing this game a lot as doing a guide and thought I was getting sick, but playing other games I was fine, so yeah super weird.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's mostly due to the camera. Really jerky movement and they keep taking camera control away from you all the time since the game doesn't trust you to observe or figure anything out on your own. This is the only game I've played that's made me physically ill playing it, I can't play for more than half an hour at a time without developing nausea.

All in all this game is a supremely unenjoyable experience. The Vita version worked much better.

Edited by scary_atheist
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...