... Become the Master Trophy Help

nate_drake117

A. Watch a few videos for the best route. Then just practice memorizing don’t worry about speed to much just focus on getting down where enemy targets are and how to eliminate them.

B. Once you have the route memorized and a good consistency with targets start focusing on speed and tightening up movement. *do this section by section* first I focused on the start to the wall you slide under, then from the slide to the cluster in the middle, then the three spaced out enemies and lastly the final two after the wall curves. This is where you’ll figure out where you’re losing time which leads me to the next point...

C. I found the lowest I could get was 33.80 (have to beat 33.65 for anyone reading this) but I consistently put out around 34.50. I was able to pinpoint where I was losing time because I had practiced and mentally divided the gauntlet into sections. I noticed two areas I’d lose speed (and time in) firstly the area after you slide under the wall and jumping back up. The second was the curve before the end of the gauntlet (just before the last two targets) I found I was *jumping* off the end of the wall and double jumping back onto it which was losing me almost 2 seconds. You need to *fall* off the end and jump once which will instantly put you back where you need to be to push you into a double jump for the final targets. 

It’s okay if this is confusing watch StayPationt’s video on YT for the route I’m referring to.

The key to this is also practice. Repetition teaches you even when you realize you aren’t learning. So take the time out of your week to try it for two hours. It will come.

I was stuck for the longest time, and finally got it. My big tip, if you have a scuff use the paddles for jumping, i was unable to aim quickly enough while jumping and wall running, i didn't have a scuff so i ended up remapping my controller via the accessibly functions. so i was able to jump without moving fingers off the joysticks, this was the run i finally got it. i mushed a whole bunch of routes and tips from different videos, and the final bit in the last room ended up being complete luck. there is also like a rocket launcher that is available at the very top of the gun range, you have to do some good jumps to get to it, it was crucial in my run. the arc grenades are also super crucial.

• Like 1

for four continuous days and my best time is 35 sec .. i think i will never get it

Edit: Finally got this.

two tips 

- dont lose the sequential action ... means make every step counts 

- at final target before you go to the last open section. 

if you are jumping from right wall to left wall. after jumping hit that target and wait a second before you double jump. this will guarantee you get boosted so you can reach the end of the wall then trun and jump to wall to right at a nice position 

Edited by cometowner
done

Started out the game and immediately went for this trophy since everyone says its so hard. I don't play parkour games at all. managed to do it in about 1h40m. (got the student... at 22:21 and ...becomes the master at 0:05). For me the chokepoint was the end with the 2 dudes on the pillars. Because i needed to stick to the wall for speed before hitting the ground after killing them both and then not hit the last pillar while wall jumping wall also sliding to the exit perfectly without missing the bridge or sliding over it. I think i could have done it in an hour if i stayed more calm.

• 2 months later...

I just got this trophy in less than an hour of watching different tutorials and trying out different things. For me, I think the best thing to do is break the gauntlet down into three separate sections.

You need to clear the first section (from the start to where you slide under the door) in less than 9 and a half seconds.

The next section (the long hallway)  in less than 25 seconds total.

The last section (open area with two dummies) in less than 33.60 total.

Practice the first section until you can comfortably do it, then add on the second section, then finally the last section. I had the first two sections down pretty well, and kind of fluked my way through the last section but still managed to do it.

• Like 1

First of all, I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry.

I spent hours trying this trophy. I've seen a lot of videos on how to get a trophy, but I can't really get the hang of it.
Is the answer to this trophy only effort?
Please tell me a good way.

By the way, my record was 37.4 seconds.
It takes 34 seconds to drive without a target.

Practice makes perfect. For those that are good at boots off ground shooters, it’ll be easier. I got it in just under 10 minutes of trying it. For others it apparently took a few hours to get it. All I can advise is keep the momentum up and try and memorise where everything is

There is another article telling and showing videos on how to get the trophy. Reading your statistics 37.4 seconds with targets and 34 seconds without a target make me saying you are too bad in FPS like me, so find below advice on how to achieve this stupid trophy.  

• Try it daily, do a maximum of 20 tries and play another game, or do something good at your life like dating your GF.
  • Target to divided the course into sections of your choice. Practice improving speed, shooting, and momentum.   
  • Once you are more confident to start a full run make sure you never lose the momentum and make each action correctly and ahead action is planned

Example: Here a jump, here a run and now a grenade and this slide. 

• A final target 12 or the third from last which is just before you go to the last open section. If you are jumping from the right wall to the left wall. after jumping hit that target number 12 and wait a second before you double jump. this will guarantee you get boosted so you can reach the end of the wall then turn and jump to wall to right at a nice position 

• 1 month later...

This isnt as hard as people would make it seem. Did it before any other singleplayer trophy, and after only 2 multiplayer games, and it only took about an hour.

Just use one of the many video guides out there, stick with it and believe you can do it. Maybe take some runs without shooting enemies, so you can practise getting the time right, and getting to know where you have to wallrun to make it.

Just did this after quite a few attempts. It only a took me an hour total.  I used the hidden EPG + Arc Grenades. I imitated the 2nd video in the trophy guide as closesly as I could.

The first half of the gauntlet was really easy to get the hang of but i was really struggling with perfecting the last corridor and the last room and its because I wasnt following the video properly (kept jumping too early, shooting too late) as I was panicking. As long as you follow the videos precisely, you'll get it. Practice definitely makes perfect. 

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 1

I got the trophy this evening. The first evening I attempted it a couple of times without remembering the controls (played it back in 2017). The second evening I practiced a bit, but wasn't able to get the time right. The third and last evening was interesting. I watched a couple of videos (I'd definitely recommend watching more than one, just to get a feeling for the routine and then decide which one you want to use) and then started practicing. Respectively, I'd say that my biggest flaw was trying to do every single step from the beginning. Learn from my mistake and do it this way: Start the parkour and get the wall rides and jumps right. See how the speed mechanics work, get a feeling for it. As soon as you are able to get close to the needed time, make small steps and practice the grenade throwing and shooting. Make it a habit to get all 15 targets every single time. Then, combine your two new skills and get perfect at multitasking. Eventually, you will get it! By the way: Restarting is a good thing if you're confident about your skills, but if you feel like you're messing up the second and third section, just go through them anyway, even if you know that you missed your first grenade, for example. Good luck to everyone with this! I felt really good seeing this trophy pop. May you be blessed with that feeling too! :D

P.S. If you wall ride and jump to the next wall, make sure NOT to press jump too early the second time. Flying in the air for a bit gives you valuable time to shoot, while still being very fast. If you do jump too early, you will lose height and momentum and might have trouble with shooting the last enemy.

Edited by bubblebubble11
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Isn't really hard, my problem was that I got hit by my own electric grenades. 

Took me around two hours and when i thought about going to stop for that day it popped without knowing it was a good run. 

I was laying on my couch ready to fall asleep. 

I guess keep playing, try different routes or when your route isn't going as planned just improvise when your time isnt that bad. 

Best thing about this is that the bots are always on the same spot. 

But sometimes you don't see if you missed one with the grenade from the second group what makes your run probably a fail. 

Good luck

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I got this after many hours of trying a few years back.. I was very surprised the rarity of the trophy is so high.  Also wanted to say that often I see people asking others to do it for them in shareplay on the gaming sessions on this site.  This is a bit of a tangent, but I think this should be classed as cheating for the purposes of this site.  Maybe playstation should ban this feature altogether or disable trophies when using it.

• 3 months later...