... Become the Master Trophy Help

nate_drake117

On 20/04/2020 at 3:57 AM, NZBigC said:

I just got this trophy in less than an hour of watching different tutorials and trying out different things. For me, I think the best thing to do is break the gauntlet down into three separate sections.

You need to clear the first section (from the start to where you slide under the door) in less than 9 and a half seconds.

The next section (the long hallway)  in less than 25 seconds total.

The last section (open area with two dummies) in less than 33.60 total.

Practice the first section until you can comfortably do it, then add on the second section, then finally the last section. I had the first two sections down pretty well, and kind of fluked my way through the last section but still managed to do it.

Just got mine! Used arc grenades for the trios and the rest with the shotgun - 33.00sec.

Think it was done in a couple of hours, maybe less (seems like a lot when doing it so many times in a row but it's not even a minute per run, so dunno)

But my advice would be the same as mentioned. Watch one of the video guides and choose which path you want and then slowly practice your way.

First try to get a good momentum killing the first three and the next four single ones.

Once you get the flow on that, add the other trio and the three single ones.

And lastly, add the last two.

In the end, it's not that hard but it does takes practice. Some need more than others, but it is doable.

P.s: Just a shame that this trophy is just a bronze...but in the end, it's the plat that matters

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got this after a week. Any timed trophy is a pain for me as I have a snapped EPL tendon in my left thumb so after about an hour on a trophy like this it starts to tense up. However, practice does make perfect and I found what helped for me was to first practice the run without focusing on any killing and working out a route that worked so that I could get to the door in under the time.

The key for me was to change the grenade to the L1 button. 

Then work on the 15 kills, my run that got me the trophy was not perfect and I did not think I had done well so it was a more relaxed run. I only noticed the time as I went through the door and even then it didn't register in my head it was a 33.5, i saw then .5 first then noticed it was under the required time. The key on the run was I landed all the kills well which was a first.

https://youtu.be/bITc0GsFGZQ

Edited by JackBauerFan
spelling mistake

• 1 month later...

GOT IT! I actually got stuck on the exit door and panicked, and still made it at 33.60. I am terrible at FPSs, so I'm going to break it down for anyone struggling like I was.

General tips:

- Bind your jump button to L1 or L2, so you can jump and aim at the same time.

- Use the shotgun and arc grenades, the EPG is nice but not necessary.

- Don't double-jump unless you have to! You actually lose speed on the second jump, so if you can make it from one wall to another with a single jump, do so.

- I also found it way easier to use a path where you could consistently jump-shoot-doublejump from one wall to another. If you take time to shoot while wall running you lose precious momentum.

Room 1: Instead of jumping from the center column back to the right wall, follow it around a bit and double-jump to the left wall. It's a little bit slower, but if you land low enough, the grenade under the wall and the slide are much easier to execute.

Room 2: Don't grenade the first two guys, you'll almost definitely hit yourself. Just shotgun the first while sliding, and shotgun the next two while wallrunning. This hallway is so thin, try to jump from wall to wall as soon as you land to keep your speed up. Jump to the left, toss a grenade at the group of three, jump to the right, then jump back to the left. As you shoot the next three, jump right, then left, then right, then double-jump to cut the corner on the right. Land as far as you can!

Room 3: If you did it right, you can actually run around the corner when the room opens up into a circle. After you round that corner, jump off, shoot #14, then double-jump to the right and shoot #15. Hopefully you land on the wall, and you can immediately double-jump again towards the exit. Be careful not to hit the platform where #15 was standing.

If I can do it with my terrible reflexes and eye strain, you can definitely do it!

• Like 4

On 4/8/2021 at 1:56 AM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

GOT IT! I actually got stuck on the exit door and panicked, and still made it at 33.60. I am terrible at FPSs, so I'm going to break it down for anyone struggling like I was.

General tips:

- Bind your jump button to L1 or L2, so you can jump and aim at the same time.

- Use the shotgun and arc grenades, the EPG is nice but not necessary.

- Don't double-jump unless you have to! You actually lose speed on the second jump, so if you can make it from one wall to another with a single jump, do so.

- I also found it way easier to use a path where you could consistently jump-shoot-doublejump from one wall to another. If you take time to shoot while wall running you lose precious momentum.

Room 1: Instead of jumping from the center column back to the right wall, follow it around a bit and double-jump to the left wall. It's a little bit slower, but if you land low enough, the grenade under the wall and the slide are much easier to execute.

Room 2: Don't grenade the first two guys, you'll almost definitely hit yourself. Just shotgun the first while sliding, and shotgun the next two while wallrunning. This hallway is so thin, try to jump from wall to wall as soon as you land to keep your speed up. Jump to the left, toss a grenade at the group of three, jump to the right, then jump back to the left. As you shoot the next three, jump right, then left, then right, then double-jump to cut the corner on the right. Land as far as you can!

Room 3: If you did it right, you can actually run around the corner when the room opens up into a circle. After you round that corner, jump off, shoot #14, then double-jump to the right and shoot #15. Hopefully you land on the wall, and you can immediately double-jump again towards the exit. Be careful not to hit the platform where #15 was standing.

If I can do it with my terrible reflexes and eye strain, you can definitely do it!

Congrats!

I was meaning to get back into TF2 to give one more shot to get this trophy (only one I'm missing). I'm also not good at FPS's so hoping your strategy will work for me too :)

• 1 month later...

Trust me when I say I felt I was never going to make it, it literally felt impossible at first and I despaired because I wasn't remaining calm. I never give up though and neither should you. I finally made it after I stopped trying to copy guides and the way I did it felt easier and way more forgiving, I didn't even have to worry about my speed. It only took me 30 mins once I kept repeating my final method. Hugging the right wall in the last room was also the key to success for me.

I wouldn't recommend practising without killing enemies, train your muscle memory/motor skills by doing everything at once and most importantly: force yourself to stay calm and not make a sound, you will do worse while angry, stay focused.

P.S.: I remapped jumping to R1 and crouching to R3 while also maxing out the FOV (70->110) ?

Edited by Z-A-N-D-R-O
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

i got 33.50. it took the whole night plus half the day and nearly gave up on it. following a youtube guide helps then practice the run is the best outcome.  make sure to reload the shotgun and pray that the enemy is in the scope towards room 4. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:48 PM, ReCKerZUK said:

I am dreading this trophy haha
Its just like the Mafia Definitive Edition chapter 5 all over again!

nah, it's not as bad as that. Becomes the Master is actually fair, got it today after a few hours. The race in Mafia 1 was BS.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
added names to make it clear what I'm talking about

I finally managed to do this after a few days, as soon as I changed Jump from X to L1 I was getting much better times, final time of 32.90. That was easily the best tip. The StayPationt guide was the one I used, mainly for the extra jumps, very helpful.

Edited by Kamurotetsu
  • Like 3

Played the game for the first time today. Played until i earned becomes the master trophy. I swear it's also luckbased. I think i missed my final jump at the end of the run ( over the little wooden plank) about ten times and it messed up my time. Finally i got 32.40sec and the trophy. 

• 1 month later...

I just can't get down 37.30 sec. That's by far my best time. And even not killing anyone and just trying to run down the gauntlet I can't do better.

I'm getting crazy! I've seen several YT videos and read a ton of helps but I just can't so better! FML.

EDIT: finally I've done it. Not an amazing run but I've got the trophy and the plat. 

For me the Staypationt videos where life savers.

Edited by gs1728
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/4/2017 at 12:10 PM, PiotrekHenry said:

Bumper Jumper binding

THIS!

Thanks to your info I checked the "bumper jumper" thing and decided to set JUMP to Left Trigger... And it was a game changer! Thank you SO MUCH for this tip! Of course, AUTO RUN + ARC grenade and EVA-8 Shotgun (no secret weapon - switching weapons is too much of a hassle). The first two days I really thought this trophy was impossible for me! Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Kessarath

• 4 months later...

Took me two nights but in the end I managed to make the cut. 
Fun trophy. 👀

Wish I had seen the tip to change jump from X to L1.

Edited by Ozora