Shameless Gushing Thread

Precise--Rhythm

• 2 months later...

I have never played any of those other games similar to Nioh. I bought because of the way it was advertise and game play videos. I knew it was going to be hard, not my usual thing but nice. Tengu is definitely the hardest non-boss enemy with speed, power, flight, attack and range magic. I have to go Living Weapon on them to plow through their health. I have a heavy armor build. I like the high defense and damage reduction. I got very high stamina, 43-ish at around level 50-ish, so I can run in the 'B' agility category. I use sword and chain-sickle but am looking forward to new game plus to try out dual sword and spear. Maybe ease up on heavy armor, rock more medium and try to be in 'A' category for agility. Starting third area tonight and I feel each stage is mission is different. Even sub-missions in the same areas are different because of where they start you or the addition or subtraction of enemies. Enemies IMO are evolving. Ninja type yokai or even range attack yokai that have always been exclusively melee. Will eventually it become where the run out of new enemies with the exception of bosses? Yes but show many any game that has decent play length time that doesn't re-cycle its bad guys. I don't like nearly all the voice acting is in Japanese but you get through it. Soul matching gets expensive, hard to hold on to exactly what you want (especially armor) and keep it at appropriate level. So just keep it reasonably near and switch gear out even if it doesn't have exactly what I want, so I can save money for blacksmith requests and divine gear. I am going to keep at it and will probably attempt the DLC but if you have to play the whole game again on a setting that is harder, may not have the skill for it but will see. I give it a very high appraisal and really enjoy it.