Trophy rarity

Wuthg21

34 minutes ago, wuthg21 said:

So i got this platinum pretty fast but i'm wondering why it has an ultra rare platinum, it's such an easy title.

Thank PlayStation Plus.

Most games that become freebies have a huge drop in rarity as a lot of people try them then move on, earning only a few trophies.

Edited by diskdocx

10 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

It's because you're an incredible gamer who's skill knows no equal or something something

Haha thanks but no, i was just wondering because you can get it pretty fast

44 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Thank PlayStation Plus.

Most games that become freebies have a huge drop in rarity as a lot of people try them then move on, earning only a few trophies.

Yea probably, but like day of the tentacle remastered was also free and damn easy

1 hour ago, wuthg21 said:

Haha thanks but no, i was just wondering because you can get it pretty fast

Yea probably, but like day of the tentacle remastered was also free and damn easy

Tentacle is also a game that you can get the plat in a few hours. It is now at about 50% rarity, whereas it was 70-80% before being a Plus game. Stories: Path of Destinies is easy, but very grindy. It is now a reasonable 17% rarity, whereas when I did it before Plus is was sitting in the 30% range.

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2017 at 9:26 AM, diskdocx said:

Tentacle is also a game that you can get the plat in a few hours. It is now at about 50% rarity, whereas it was 70-80% before being a Plus game. Stories: Path of Destinies is easy, but very grindy. It is now a reasonable 17% rarity, whereas when I did it before Plus is was sitting in the 30% range.

Not really, it was more like 55-60%. The rarity didn't drop that much during plus but has been steadily in decline since it got removed from plus, which you can see now the platinum is at around 45% rarity after 4 months.

As for quick explanation to OP's question: 1. PS Plus, 2. Multiplayer (however short it was) and 3. Triple A title.

Edited by jaehyun1009

Rarity usually isn't very representative of a game's difficulty to plat. I've played many games I thought had oddly low or high rarities. Plus there are other factors like how time consuming a game is or if there are online trophies that can affect rarity percentages.