Greatest Hits WARNING

PSXtreme_

While venturing thru Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw a Greatest Hits (Red Case) version of Borderlands. The game has grabbed my interest for a while since I was re-reading some of my older gaming mags and have decided to get this title. However, I knew that there was a GOTY edition brought out in the recent past w/ add-on content, so wasn't sure if this red-cased Greatest Hits version also had that added content. I checked over the case front and back but didn't see anything solid (like the Mafia II greatest hits version sitting on the shelf next to it with all of the additional content included) one way or the other.

So, fighting against my lust for more games, I decided not to pick up the game (it was only $19.99) and came back home to do a bit of research. Seems that the Greatest Hits version of the game does NOT contain any of the add-on content that the GOTY edition does...so consumers be aware.

• Like 1

Mafia II must be an anomaly in that regard. If the Greatest Hits release doesn't sport the cover art from the GotY edition, then it probably won't include the GotY content. 90% of the Greatest Hits I've seen were just the original game re-released.

Just make sure you look closely before buying anything, if you care about that sort of stuff.

I wasn't sure, but on the back of some of the GH disks (Need 4 Speed I believe was one of them) they had the listing of Add-on content on the back of the case in the top right corner up where you see the "extras" that the game has...ie multiplayer, trophies, voice chat, etc.

It's listed on the copy of HAWX 2 and a few others that I have. Don't know if that means the game has add-on content available or that the add-on content is on the disk.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's listed on the copy of HAWX 2 and a few others that I have. Don't know if that means the game has add-on content available or that the add-on content is on the disk.

As a general rule, if "Add-on Content" is listed in the area where it says things like: Trophies, Leaderboards, Multiplayer, etc., that means that add-on content is available (or will soon be available) for purchase.

Those games I have purchased that include the add-on/DLC's usually states such on the cover somewhere.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...